Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Midway mark MVP awards

Who do you think are our MVPs so far?

Offense - Marshawn Lynch
Defense - Angelo Crowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

Offense - Marshawn Lynch
Defense - Angelo Crowell
I can agree with that
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default "No questions about it" was Evans’ response when asked if Losman did enough to regain

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/Buffa...308233328.html

By Jay Skurski
Greater Niagara Newspapers

ORCHARD PARK — Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman said after Sunday’s 33-21 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals at Ralph Wilson Stadium that he wanted to prove to his teammates that he deserved to play.

After a 295-yard performance, wide receiver Lee Evans left little doubt that Losman had accomplished that.

“No question about it,” was Evans’ response when asked if Losman did enough to regain the starting job he had lost to Trent Edwards earlier this season. “When we needed big plays in that game, he made some big throws. That goes a long way.”

Losman was particularly impressive on his final throw of the day, finding Evans on a post pattern for a 13-yard gain on third-and-six. The play kept the clock running with the Bills ahead at the time, 26-21. On Buffalo’s next snap, Marshawn Lynch raced 56 yards for a critical insurance touchdown.

Asked after the game whether he thought he performed well enough to stay in, Losman was diplomatic.

“As far as that decision goes, I have no control over that,” he said. “I have control over making the decision hard. They’re going to have a hard decision, I guess you could say.”

Losman finished 24-of-34 for 295 yards, one touchdown and one interception. Playing in front of an offensive line that gave him ample time to throw, Losman showed vast improvement in his accuracy from the first two games of the season, losses to Denver and Pittsburgh.

“I’m just playing ball,” he said. “I’ve been through a lot the last couple weeks, been through a lot since I’ve been here in Buffalo. It’s the same-old story, I’m ready for whatever.”

Not surprisingly, coach Dick Jauron delayed any sort of a decision on the quarterback spot until later in the week.

“We are kind of just enjoying this win and, as usual we will wait for any personnel decisions until Wednesday and certainly until I have had a chance to talk with the players,” he said.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'd like to hear a response from Billingsley26...lol.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Pretty hard to argue those two.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Definitely a #2 WR. I like Evans as a 1 and then Reed/Parrish as a 3/4. Price can go as far as I'm concerned (yes, I used to like him). As SuperKevin has mentioned, Malcolm Kelly would be a nice option in the draft and I'm partial to Adarius Bowman.

Bottom Line: We need a Redzone option through the air. Whether it's a TE or a big WR, we need some size and a presence there.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-0 since Schouman was called up, I think it's pretty clear who our MVP is
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default Sunday Night Football: New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills

Just released earlier today, but the 3 game win strek (soon to be 4), along with a GREAT performance on Monday Night Football, has propelled the NFL to change the the time of the Patriots @ Bills game to Sunday night at 8:15.

OOOOOOO BABY!!!! Im getting hyped already! Another night game on National Prime Time TV at Buffalo. DAM. Does it get any better. I know Ive been ragged on by SuperMcgee about being a Pats fan, but man Im thinking of busting out my Bills gear for this game. Im thinking they may be able to pull the upset. Im gonna play it by ear. But man am I getting hyped!!!!!!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarantee victory
Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Offense - Marshawn Lynch
Defense - Angelo Crowell
Those have been teh two constants on both sides of the ball... i want to give honourable mention to Lee Evans though

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Offense - Marshawn Lynch
Defense - Angelo Crowell
Hard to disagree with that.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Thats pretty great news. If its anything close to the Cowboy game it will be great...as long as Edwards not Losman plays.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Evans loves the chemistry he has with losman but bottom line is Losman is far too erratic and careless with the ball to play week in week out. We already know Losman plays well in relief or in a short span but not on a stretch. Edwards was playing great even before his injury and lets not forget that he realy turned around that team on offense allowing the D to play better on rest. To me Edwards is the way to go.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Evans loves the chemistry he has with losman but bottom line is Losman is far too erratic and careless with the ball to play week in week out. We already know Losman plays well in relief or in a short span but not on a stretch. Edwards was playing great even before his injury and lets not forget that he realy turned around that team on offense allowing the D to play better on rest. To me Edwards is the way to go.
Who the hell are you?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I'd like to hear a response from Billingsley26...lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Who the hell are you?
Here's my response.

I presonally dont care what Lee Says right now. Im beginning to get a feeling that he is a selfish player. I mean maybe not, but he really sounds off at wanting JP as the starter. And we all know why. Because he gets about 50% of the passes his way.

I am not sold on JP at all. If you ask me, I dont think he performed that well on Sunday. He LOCKS in like its crazy. I dont even know how to explain it. I saw him check down once, ONCE in an entire game, it was to Micheal Gaines, when JP had about 10 seconds in the pocket of looking to Lee and finally seeing that he couldnt throw to him. When they play the Patriots, JP would get eaten alive. I hatethe fact that he locks on to Evans. Hell, We've seen Trent Edwards win games only throwing to Lee a few times a game. If JP was smart now, he begin to look away from Lee, especially if he knew he was going to get doulbed up, that definately open up Roscoe underneath or Josh Reed over the middle.

I cant say enough about how much I DO NOT want JP in there. I hate him as a QB. I hate the way he locks in to Evans. Trent is much more techinically sound, and is a better QB. After seeing half the season and seeing how JP played against Pittsburgh, I can tell you that if Trent played, we may not have won, but it wouldn't have been that blown out. Trent has poise and will take a hit in the pocket to deliver the ball. JP had all kinds of time against Cincinatti, but whats he going to do next sunday or the sunday after that.

I do not want JP as our QB, JP has too many three and outs, and doesnt take us on long drives to rest the defense. Trent does.

P.S Thats my boy Man_Of_Steel from Canada. Respect the man!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

I would have to say

Offense: Marshawn Lynch
Defense: Donte Witner

I dont know if you guys have noticed, but Witner is playing the role that Troy Polamalu plays with Pittsburgh. They use him in the box, in the backfield and everywhere in between. And he is making plays. He is one of the reasons our run D is doin geat now. Also he is playing well in coverage. I think it tough to not give it to Witner at his point. The impact he is having on the defense has been much more valuable than Crowell's, and thats abosultely no knock on Crowell.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I would have to say

Offense: Marshawn Lynch
Defense: Donte Witner

I dont know if you guys have noticed, but Witner is playing the role that Troy Polamalu plays with Pittsburgh. They use him in the box, in the backfield and everywhere in between. And he is making plays. He is one of the reasons our run D is doin geat now. Also he is playing well in coverage. I think it tough to not give it to Witner at his point. The impact he is having on the defense has been much more valuable than Crowell's, and thats abosultely no knock on Crowell.
Whitner was my next choice.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Billingsley, you're more of a Pats fan than a Bills fan!?!?!?!?!?!?

BTW, I am pumped for the game. They better be louder than the MNF game, even though I don't see that happening since that MNF game was the loudest I've ever been to.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Billingsley, you're more of a Pats fan than a Bills fan!?!?!?!?!?!?

BTW, I am pumped for the game. They better be louder than the MNF game, even though I don't see that happening since that MNF game was the loudest I've ever been to.
Well, Ive been a Pats fan my whole life, but also been a Bills fan beause my dad has had seasons tickets for like 25 years, so I always liked the Bills too. Except when they played each other. Now moving down here, I can almost not help but like the Bills even more. Not to mention, I know what Im getting with the Patriots now, especially after beating Indy, so Im thinking why not go for the upset, and cheer for something.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bills Mock Thread:

1. Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma*
2. Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
3a. Jack Ikegwuono, CB, Wisconsin*
3b. Jacob Tamme, TE, Kentucky
4. Ben Moffitt, MLB, USF
5a. Kory Lichtensteiger, C, Bowling Green
5b. Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama
6. Steve Octavien, LB, Nebraska
7. Omar Haugabrook, Slash, Troy

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

I like it for the most part. Not sure about picking a DT in the 2nd round tho. I think your DT have been playing very well of late that it isnt necessary to draft one on day one.
I like the Ikegwuono pick and I am absolutely loving the Ben Moffit pick. I think we can do very well in this draft. Im liking it alot.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default JP named starter vs. Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5524

Losman Gets The Nod For Sunday
by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 11/6/2007 4:27 PM ET

Leading up to last Sunday's game with Cincinnati, Bills head coach Dick Jauron said, 'If you perform, you'll play.' No one could argue that J.P. Losman performed and performed admirably in Buffalo's 33-21 win over the Bengals last Sunday. As a result Jauron named Losman his starting quarterback Tuesday for this weekend's game at Miami.

"J.P. Losman will start at quarterback against the Miami Dolphins," Jauron said a statement. "He did an outstanding job finishing the Jets game and in leading us to victory over the Bengals this past Sunday."

Jauron couldn't help but be impressed with Losman's performance against the Bengals when he went 24-34 for 295 yards with a touchdown and an interception good for a passer rating of 94.6.

"He played well," said Jauron Monday. "There are always plays every quarterback would like to have back, but he played well. He threw some tremendous balls, threw them with authority and moved it around."

Lee Evans and Josh Reed both posted season highs last Sunday in receptions. Evans had nine catches for 165 yards and a touchdown, while Reed had six catches for 55 yards.

More importantly the offense set season highs in nine statistical categories including completions, first downs, passing yards, third down completion percentage, total net yards, touchdowns and time of possession.

"I can't argue with the outcome and that's the main thing to get the 'W,'" said Jauron last Sunday concerning Losman's performance. "It was just a huge win and he came through for us."

On Buffalo's seven scoring drives Sunday, Losman was a very consistent 18-23 for 244 yards and a touchdown.

The fourth-year quarterback also has pretty good career numbers against the Dolphins.

In three starts against Miami, Losman is a combined 37-63 (59%) for 507 yards, with seven touchdowns and one interception for a passer rating of 114.9.

Losman led Buffalo to a season sweep of the Dolphins last season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Only makes sense to me. Edwards isn't even practicing yet, is he?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I like it for the most part. Not sure about picking a DT in the 2nd round tho. I think your DT have been playing very well of late that it isnt necessary to draft one on day one.
I like the Ikegwuono pick and I am absolutely loving the Ben Moffit pick. I think we can do very well in this draft. Im liking it alot.
That's not a good enough reason to not pick a DT. John McCargo has been living up to his end of the bargain, Kyle Williams is a solid rotational guy and Anthony Hargrove has given us some much needed energy but he's a FA and who know's if he'll be here next year.

Larry Tripplett has been missing for the better half of two years now and DT is still a need.

Pairing McCargo with Moore and Williams as the first guy off the bench is a pretty good foundation.

We could hold off on drafting a CB on the first day even though I like Jack Ike. Jabari Greer and Terrence McGee have been playing great and Youboty can break out at any time.

Love the the Malcolm Kelly, Dre Moore, Jacob Tamme picks. All could be starters from Day 1.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big surprise.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote