Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
You can't say that you were "Wright" yet, we don't know who's playing where right now. There are so many different possibilites.

We get it, you don't like Losman. I honestly don't see what is so terribly wrong with him besides a few boneheaded throws last year. What don't you like about him?
Quite to the contrary! I do indeed like Losman and I think he can be a good starting quarterback in the NFL. However, he is not as good (yet) as some of the fans and those stats make him out to be and I still don't think the team is sold on him. I am sticking with my prediction that he won't be the Bills starting quarterback two years from now because I just don't think they like him enough to stick with him. We will see but I do like Losman.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I just think your original "diagnosis" of giving us a first round tackle was over the top and that is not the equivalent of a Langston Walker signing.
Walker has some potential but I believe he was benched by the Raiders during his stay there, which is really saying something, so if they feel he's an upgrade over Pennington then a guy like Levi Brown would be a MAJOR upgrade. Who knows, in the end maybe Walker will end up shifting inside to guard but as I said their intent in signing him was to play him at right tackle.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Darrelle Revis, Leon Hall or Amobi Okoye (yes, I know he is a DB) will be a Buffalo Bill.

A concern I have with the CB's now is McGee. He was very dissapointing last season and now we have to fill a #1 void as well. Looks like the Youboty learning curve will have to be acccelerated greatly.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will undoubtedly agree that there are too many Bills fans going by some numbers that don't say it all with Losman and Pennington, more critically in the latter as it is impossbile to judge an OL by his stats, but you make it sound worse than it is in both cases
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

22 up front, I'm kinda happy for Nate and I'm kinda happy we're not paying him that much. I would have loved him to stay but wow.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Walker has some potential but I believe he was benched by the Raiders during his stay there, which is really saying something, so if they feel he's an upgrade over Pennington then a guy like Levi Brown would be a MAJOR upgrade. Who knows, in the end maybe Walker will end up shifting inside to guard but as I said their intent in signing him was to play him at right tackle.
We just dont see it as that much of a need to bring in a huge talent, but some depth and competition can only be good for us.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Quite to the contrary! I do indeed like Losman and I think he can be a good starting quarterback in the NFL. However, he is not as good (yet) as some of the fans and those stats make him out to be and I still don't think the team is sold on him. I am sticking with my prediction that he won't be the Bills starting quarterback two years from now because I just don't think they like him enough to stick with him. We will see but I do like Losman.
I honestly think that if they had no plans to keep Losman then they would not have already named him the starter for next year. So as of "Wright" now, Losman is our starting QB for the start of the 07-08 season. If you are to be "Wright" in your prediction, that means that Losman will have to completely bomb this year because you are saying that he won't be the starting QB for the 08-09 season. I see no way in hell this happens. He's going to have a better OL and more experience under his belt. Even if we aren't completely enamored with Losman (which I think we are, but you don't), we aren't going to give up on a QB who produces.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Default What do you guys think we'll do next?

How do you see the rest of our FA period playing out?

I think we had a heck of a Day 1 and I don't think we'll make many more moves. I do predict us signing either Nick Harper or Rod Hood though.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

In all fairness they named Losman the starter because they really didn't have any other options...

As I said I like him, he made great strides last year and given time I think he can be a successful NFL starter. However, I think Buffalo is going to take a step back in 2007 and I will stick with my prediction that he won't be their starting quarterback by the time the 2009 season starts.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
In all fairness they named Losman the starter because they really didn't have any other options...

As I said I like him, he made great strides last year and given time I think he can be a successful NFL starter. However, I think Buffalo is going to take a step back in 2007 and I will stick with my prediction that he won't be their starting quarterback by the time the 2009 season starts.
No step back, We will make the playoffs this year. Finally.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports are that Dockery's contract is essentially a 5-year, 23-mil deal.

Keep an eye on the overall numbers but also what's actually the case, boys and girls. Self-proclaimed "Sports Leaders" are trash when it comes to reporting such details.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49... MILLION for derrick dockery... CHRIST! And people say we over pay... well we do but that's not the point. We didn't this time. Dockery is a decent player, he'll play great one game, then you won't see him the other and then the next one he'll get you a few FS. Really, not a bad sign... if choose to ignore the fact that you dished out 49 mil. Seriously, blows my minds.. i was thinking half that.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDITED

The Washington Post is reporting that Dockery's contract is essentially a 5-year, 23-mil deal.

Lenny P of ESPN is reporting that it's 23 mil over the first 3 years.

Admittedly 3 years probably does sound more likely, but I'd wait for an additional source to confirm either figure.

Last edited by Geo : 03-02-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Langston Walker 5 years 25 million.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

He earned the job. Holcomb could've started, he even broke the Bills completion % record for a QB in 2005.

Why would we take a step back? Our team is very young and on the rise.

EDIT: I think we should make this prediction of yours a little more interesting...
Old 03-02-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Supposedly Langston Walker got 5yr/25 mil
Old 03-02-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

That wouldn't be too bad.

As far as Walker, why would they give him $25 million when Pennington was so awesome last year? Sorry, that's the last one but I couldn't resist.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
That wouldn't be too bad.

As far as Walker, why would they give him $25 million when Pennington was so awesome last year? Sorry, that's the last one but I couldn't resist.
Haha, you are hilarious. Never did I say that he was so awesome. I just said that he played suprisingly well and the coaching staff was very high on him so we wouldn't take a RT that high. Langston Walker is not Levi Brown. We didn't trade the 12th pick in the draft for him. Your mock was wrong, because we won't take Levi Brown.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally, I didn't think Pennington was very good, he needed help from backs and ends on most every play, but he was better than who we had there before the bye week.

After saying that, I though Walker was worse for the Raiders this year than Pennington, but he had no help from anyone and his quarterbacks had very little mobility and stood in the pocket way longer on average than a long play in Buffalo. He also had no running game either and the coaches there were trying to teach the lineman a new way to block. I think that he will be able to be pretty good for us this year and beyond though. He gave up 10+ sacks this year as a tackle. I hope our staff can make good out of that 25 Million dollar contract and I hope that the early reports end up being wrong about that contract and it is closer to 18 Million. He has talent though because he was a second round selection 5 years ago.

If those contracts that we gave those guys average out to what they would make out per season, we spent 12.8 Million dollars of cap space today on three players.

I think that next years line ends up like this:

Peters - Dockery - Fowler - Morgan - Walker

I am excited to see us run behind that left side of the line next year.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Where did you hear this?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's always been an intruiging player. Had injury problems in the past and few opportunities, and showing flashes in those opportunities. I wish him luck.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Should contribute on special teams, just making Bobby April the best ever at his job. Our Special teams is going to be stacked again next year :D
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Have you seen this reported anywhere or am I blind? lol.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Updated my earlier post, as there's some discrepancy on the figures being reported with respect to Dockery's contract.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
Personally, I didn't think Pennington was very good, he needed help from backs and ends on most every play, but he was better than who we had there before the bye week.

After saying that, I though Walker was worse for the Raiders this year than Pennington, but he had no help from anyone and his quarterbacks had very little mobility and stood in the pocket way longer on average than a long play in Buffalo. He also had no running game either and the coaches there were trying to teach the lineman a new way to block. I think that he will be able to be pretty good for us this year and beyond though. He gave up 10+ sacks this year as a tackle. I hope our staff can make good out of that 25 Million dollar contract and I hope that the early reports end up being wrong about that contract and it is closer to 18 Million. He has talent though because he was a second round selection 5 years ago.

If those contracts that we gave those guys average out to what they would make out per season, we spent 12.8 Million dollars of cap space today on three players.

I think that next years line ends up like this:

Peters - Dockery - Fowler - Morgan - Walker

I am excited to see us run behind that left side of the line next year.
Actually we had Peters at RT before Pennington, so it technically wasn't an improvement htere, but our tackle situation as a whole became better, which is obviously what you meant.
And I also hope thats not how much we gave Walker. I see him as someone that should have to compete the job and improve from last year. That's not what the money says, though.
And who is Morgan?