Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I thought our Pass blocking was surprisingly good. What's baffling is the lack of push, holes in the running game. Lynch gained his yards the hard way this year.

I hope Kugler works on the running game more but I never thought badly of McNally. People just like playing the blame game for everything. A better Offensive Coordinator may improve the look of the line dramatically.
Buffalo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kugler has McNally's Endorsement

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kevin Everett wins Ed Block Courage Award

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5794

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 01-12-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Russ Brandon promoted to Chief Operating Officer

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5801

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default John Guy and Tom Modrak promoted to Vice Presidents

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5803

Do we still sign a GM, or no?
I'm confused about this.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Bills2083 : 01-12-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No real GM will be hired. Modrak runs the Draft, Guy runs the pro side. Jauron tells them what he needs. Pretty much the same setup as the last 2 years. No surprise.

We all know Marv was just giving some input and not really a full time GM. I don't think it's a big deal at all.
Buffalo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

According to ESPN, Russ Brandon (i think thats his name) is going to be named GM. But by name only. Apparently Modrak and Guy are going to handle all personnel issues. Brandon is a business guy. All he did with the Bills is handle finances and marketing. He is going to own the title of GM, but really not do any of the responsibibilites of a GM.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
According to ESPN, Russ Brandon (i think thats his name) is going to be named GM. But by name only. Apparently Modrak and Guy are going to handle all personnel issues. Brandon is a business guy. All he did with the Bills is handle finances and marketing. He is going to own the title of GM, but really not do any of the responsibibilites of a GM.
We know that Ralph Wilson wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo, so I think appointing a financial guy like Brandon to Chief Operator is step 1 of trying to keep the franchise in Buffalo.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would have liked to see JP succeed in Buffalo but his biggest problem IMO was his lack of poise and pocket presence. He would shake like a little child in there and then just take off running.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

I think they were Falcon fans, who said that they would trade their 4th for him. (I'll try to find out if I'm wrong or not)

Thats the most I think we can get for him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Turk Schonert promoted to Bills OC

per www.buffalobills.com

what are your opinions on this?
He says Lynch will have more balls thrown his way.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
per www.buffalobills.com

what are your opinions on this?
He says Lynch will have more balls thrown his way.
Well he's certainly saying all the right things...now we will have to see if it translates next year. Personally, I like the hire. The absolute thing we need to take our team to the next level is a franchise QB and consistency for a young QB is key (DON'T SEE: JP Losman).
Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Tk3

Default How do you guys feel about my Mock/Roster?

Tried to be realistic here.. Not one of those guys who has us signing Haynesworth, Trufant, and Suggs..

J.P. Losman #72 and 2009 3rd to Atlanta for #36 (according to draft value chart this makes Losman worth a 4th)

(1st)#11-Dan Connor (OLB-PSU) re-unite Connor and Poz
(2nd)#36-James Hardy (WR-Indiana) huge target across from Evans
(2nd)#44-Fred Davis (TE-USC) big upgrade at TE
(3rd)#73-Owen Schmitt (FB-WVU) great blocking back and NEVER gets stopped behind the line..

No good DTs.. hopefully we could snag something in FA..

QB-Trent Edwards (not a big supporter, but that is the way the team is headed)
RB-Marshawn Lynch/Fred Jackson
FB-Owen Schmitt
WR-Lee Evans/Roscoe Parrish
WR-James Hardy/Josh Reed
TE-Fred Davis
LT-Jason Peters
LG-Derrick Dockery
C-Melvin Fowler
RG-Brad Butler
RT-Langston Walker

LE-Chris Kelsay
DT-Larry Tripplett
DT-Kyle Williams/John McCargo
RE-Aaron Schobel
LOLB-Angelo Crowell/DiGiorgio/Ellison
MLB-Paul Posluszny/DiGiorgio/Ellison
ROLB-Dan Connor/DiGiorgio/Ellison
CB-Terrence McGee
FS-Ko Simpson/George Wilson
SS-Donte Whitner/Jim Leonhard
CB-Jabari Greer/Ashton Youboty

This draft vastly improves our offense.. both in receiving and blocking..
Beefs up our linebackers as well.. still have holes at DE and CB, but we have more depth in the backfield than in recent years..

What does everyone think about my draft ideas?

If I wanted to be really crazy I would trade down in the first, pick up an extra pick and throw a CB into our draft.. but I thought the more trades the less valid this becomes..
Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

I would go after Corey Williams and a CB in FA.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before it is all said and done, I believe Connor won't be rated anywhere near the 11th pick. He much more likely to go in the 20's. He's nowhere near as talented as Willis was last year and Willis went #11.
As for Losman, I believe he'll fetch a second rounder in the QB starved NFL. He's young, experienced and had 1 good year. A lot of teams will prefer the Losman option over having to wait 3 seasons for their drafted QB to develop.
Your draft is quite feasible except I don't think Connor is as good as you think.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
ABWA757

i generally like it.. but a CB would be a good FA pickup
Old 01-23-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Before it is all said and done, I believe Connor won't be rated anywhere near the 11th pick. He much more likely to go in the 20's. He's nowhere near as talented as Willis was last year and Willis went #11.
As for Losman, I believe he'll fetch a second rounder in the QB starved NFL. He's young, experienced and had 1 good year. A lot of teams will prefer the Losman option over having to wait 3 seasons for their drafted QB to develop.
Your draft is quite feasible except I don't think Connor is as good as you think.
Well JP had actually one half of a good season, and the reason the NFL is QB starved is because of guys like JP. Theres no point replacing nothing with nothing for teams with QB problems.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Schobel headed to Pro Bowl

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5837

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-24-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be Mario, but its good to actually have someone in the game now. I still think he had a better year than most.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
ABWA757

6.5... sacks that tells you really how good he is making it to the probowl.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Default Bills in Toronto Next Year

Well, I got a call yesterday regarding what the deal is with the Bills playing in Toronto next year. Id imagine it will be officially released when Godell does his state of the league.

Anyways, they are playing 5 regualr season games and 8 pre-season games at the SkyDome. All the tickets are only able to be pruchased through a lottery. Bills seasons ticket holder are not guaranteed tickets either.

Look at this:

1. 25,000 tickets are going to be in a lottery available to Argonauts and Tiger Cats seasons ticket holders first.
2. 15,000 tickets are going to be in a lottery for all Bils season ticket holders.
3. The rest will be in a lottery to the public.

The median (the middle price, not the average, but the middle number of all the different prices) price is $250. I can only imagine that it would be the corners and endzones of the 100 level.

Anther kicker to this horrible deal, is that if you win the lottery you MUST by all 5 years worth of tickets.

Now, another intersting piece of info, is Ralph has stated that his seasons ticket price is not going to go up, but yea sure its nice that the prices are staying the same, but essentially when there are 2 or 3 less games, and the same price, then the prices have gone up.

I cant say im surprised. It is exactly what I thought. Oh, and the game will be one of the 4 December games. Which pisses me off for a couple reasons:

1. What is one of the biggest advantages the Bills have over teams in December? Uh, yeah, the weather.
2. Take this year for example. Say the Bills beat CLE, and were tied for a playoff spot coming home to play the Giants. It could very well have been the Giants game that would be played in Toronto if it was this year, and there is no way that could. Im sorry, but at some time, I know its a Business, but Godell has to look past money, and put a team in a city where people will thrive off the team. Its hard to explain, but do you guys get my drift?

Lastly, I will say again. Toronto is not a football town. Ive lived there my whole life, and I will never stop saying that Toronto is not even a hockey town. IT IS SIMPLY A LEAFS TOWN! When the Blue Jays were hot for a little whiel they sold. Now, 20,000 fans if your lucky. The Raptors were drawing chumps while they were at the bottom of the league. The Argo's games are a joke (sorry if I offend anyone, but anyone who's been out west would agree). The Leafs would sell out game 82 if 5 blind and deaf paraplegics wore the uniform and took the ice.

The Bills may sell at the beginning, but if the team goes 3-13, 4-12 or 5-11, this team would be life and death to draw 35,000 fans, especially with the ticket prices.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

I think this could be the beginning of the end for the Buffalo Bills.
Ralphie is getting extremely old, and I think the media overplayed the Jim Kelly situation.
I really hope I'm wrong, but I dont see them being in Buffalo 15 years from now. :(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I think this could be the beginning of the end for the Buffalo Bills.
Ralphie is getting extremely old, and I think the media overplayed the Jim Kelly situation.
I really hope I'm wrong, but I dont see them being in Buffalo 15 years from now. :(
I dont think the media overplayed Jim Kelly's situaiton. I think Jim really is ready to do it. However, the thing holding them back is Ralph. Ralph said he wont sell the team, and will pretty much have it till he dies. Once he dies it become chaos and probably has a lot of politcs involved.

What I think would be the best case scenario is that Ralph sells to Jim Kelly's group. I doubt it happens, but that is what he should do. Save the team, and keep it in WNY.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is ****** horseshit.

We need to generate revenue for OUR AREA! On the football side, our entire metropolitan area from Rochester to Pendleton to Falconer to Binghamton are Bills Crazy and we sell out every game. Our area is adept for sports business. Last year, the Sabres were # 1 in team hockey jersey sales and 5 Sabre Players were in the top 10. We are home to New Era, the exclusive manufacturer of sports headwear. The Buffalo Bisons are a Frietas Award winning franchise that still draws a fantastic crowd, despite being only a minor league team.

We already have a big enough fan base in Ontario, and if people haven't discovered us yet I don't think they will. People will have to travel further from small metropolises such as Kitchener and Hamilton to get to Toronto instead of just crossing the border to Buffalo/Orchard Park (at least I think).

Billingsley is right too. Why would Toronto residents give a **** if the Bills come play? They won't even give the Argos the time of day, all people care about are the Leafs.

This is ********

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys are over reacting. The price of the tickets in Toronto is outrageous, absolutely. But here are some points you should consider (I live in the Toronto area):

1) Toronto is not a one sport town. The Leafs are #1, but the Raptors have been selling out games for 2-3 years straight. Toronto is a HUGE NFL market. The CFL is totally different than the NFL. The Argos don't sellout because the CFL game is terribly boring, in my opinion. The Roger Centre is going to sellout every seat and Luxury Box when the Bills come to town.

2) You're right, the price didn't go up for Bills Season Tickets and you pay for one less game. WHO CARES. The reason the Bills are playing in Toronto for such high prices is so Buffalo can KEEP their team. If Ralph couldn't find revenue elsewhere, the team would be forced to move, perhaps permanently to Toronto or LA. The fact that you only lose ONE game, and not the whole Franchise shouldn't bother Buffalo locals.

3) Canadians just over the border from Buffalo (including myself) have been supporting the team in Buffalo for YEARS. This game is not a reward for that. Ralph knows where the money is, and he is making a smart decision to play up here.

4) The choose a game in December because those are when the Bills usually don't sellout every single game. Go back and check the numbers.

Get off your HIGH horses. This is to benefit the team staying in Buffalo. You lose one game to keep 7. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote