Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Balmer is nice, but Sims I am not overly impressed with. Hope we look at Trevor Laws, kid's a stud.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Balmer is nice, but Sims I am not overly impressed with. Hope we look at Trevor Laws, kid's a stud.
The Bills' Front Office said that they wanted to get bigger at DT.
Laws is 297.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
The Bills' Front Office said that they wanted to get bigger at DT.
Laws is 297.
I think that if we ever want to get the most of our Tampa-2 Defense, we HAVE to get pressure from our front 4. We have alot of money wrapped up in our two DE's, who were hardly impressive last year, especially Kelsay. If we can't get pressure from our DT's, we will get picked apart all day (see 2 Patriots games last season).
Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a run-stuffer too though.
We were 25th against the run last season, and we need a big-body in there to make us better.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 02-23-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
We need a run-stuffer too though.
We were 25th against the run last season, and we need a big-body in there to make us better.
Sure, but I think that comes with the defense we have. Remember the Colts 2 years ago? They couldn't stop the run during the regular season but ended up winning the SB. Also, pass rushing DT's should be drafted much higher than run-stuffing DT's, IMO. If we are looking for a run-stuffer, we should wait until the latter rounds. Also, I think better LB's will definitely shore up the run as well. For one thing, getting Ellison out of the starting lineup and even Digi. Crowell, Poz and a rookie/FA will definitely help out our run problems.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Osh Kosh Bosh

:roll:

The Raptors were in the upper middle of the league in attendance when they were at the bottom of the league, right now they are top 10 in the league in attendance beating about teams like the L.A. Lakers, San Antonio, Boston and 12th in percentage. I'm sure you heard the fans chanting go Raptors at a Leafs pre season game? Toronto is a great sports town homie meanwhile buffalo is damn near the bottom of league in terms of percentage.

The CFL argument is ******** east coast people don't give a **** a about the CFL but they do want football. I know I do.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh View Post
:roll:

The Raptors were in the upper middle of the league in attendance when they were at the bottom of the league, right now they are top 10 in the league in attendance beating about teams like the L.A. Lakers, San Antonio, Boston and 12th in percentage. I'm sure you heard the fans chanting go Raptors at a Leafs pre season game? Toronto is a great sports town homie meanwhile buffalo is damn near the bottom of league in terms of percentage.

The CFL argument is ******** east coast people don't give a **** a about the CFL but they do want football. I know I do.
If your going to talk about Toronto being a great sports town, then dont call Buffalo a poor sports town based only on the Bills. Have you no idea of the Sabres? The Leafs arent even a blip on the radar screen to the Sabres. I believe ESPN ranked the Sabres organization as tops in professional sports two years ago. I can only imagine that it is pretty close to that now.

The Sabres continously sell out, and during playoff games they have another 10,000 outside the arena watching and partying. Tell me thats now a great sports town. Throw in the fact the Bills sell out, and have a top 3 experience for an NFL game. It is one of the best places to watch a game. Seeing as those are the only 2 Pro sports teams in Buffalo, and they are both tops in their respective leagues, tells me that it is one of the better sports towns.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Osh Kosh Bosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
If your going to talk about Toronto being a great sports town, then dont call Buffalo a poor sports town based only on the Bills. Have you no idea of the Sabres? The Leafs arent even a blip on the radar screen to the Sabres. I believe ESPN ranked the Sabres organization as tops in professional sports two years ago. I can only imagine that it is pretty close to that now.

The Sabres continuously sell out, and during playoff games they have another 10,000 outside the arena watching and partying. Tell me thats now a great sports town. Throw in the fact the Bills sell out, and have a top 3 experience for an NFL game. It is one of the best places to watch a game. Seeing as those are the only 2 Pro sports teams in Buffalo, and they are both tops in their respective leagues, tells me that it is one of the better sports towns.
Whoa slow down, I did not say buffalo was a bad sports town, I'm just saying that moving to Toronto would be a great business decision, more people + cooperate sponsorships.

You called Toronto a bad sports town based on erroneous figures, two horribly mis managed franchised, and a sport no one cares about this side of Manitoba .
Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Whoa slow down, I did not say buffalo was a bad sports town, I'm just saying that moving to Toronto would be a great business decision, more people + cooperate sponsorships.

You called Toronto a bad sports town based on erroneous figures, two horribly mis managed franchised, and a sport no one cares about this side of Manitoba .
And will the co-owner of those two horribly mis-managed franchises have any part or say in the Bills? Yep.

You said that the Bills are in the lower percnetages? Im not so sure what you mean. The Sabres and Bills are both in the top end of their leagues. The Bills sold out every game this year, with over 70,000 fans nd the Sabres do the same. What are you getting at?

Im from Mississauga (just outside of Toronto) and I know the scene and what both areas are like. I go to school in Buffalo, so I get the best of both worlds.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Default Prospects you love/hate for the Bills

Love:
1. CB Chevis Jackson - Been riding this guy's nuts for a while. He's being severly underrated on this board. He's really fluid in coverage and is extremely physical but doesn't have that elite catch-up speed. Best part is that he plants and rives really well which allows him to get a great break on the ball. He would be perfect for our defense.

2. WR Keenan Burton - Alot to like here. Great size, extremely physical, a jump ball champion, good-to-great speed and not afraid to go over the middle. Also a very willing blocker and can return kicks and punts.

Hate:
1. WR DeSean Jackson - Roscoe Pt. 2, not that that is a bad thing. It's just that we already have him.

2. CB Patrick Lee - I just don't see it. Really struggled from what I saw in Senior Bowl video and just not impressive. Didn't seem to have good footwork or be fluid in his backpedal, played pretty far off and let up alot of balls underneath.

I will post some more later.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Osh Kosh Bosh

NHL attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2008

NFL attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attend...perc&year=2007

NBA attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

MLB attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attend...7&seasonType=2

Percentage of the arena filled.

Mismanaged in terms of General Managers, the owners pony up the cash.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
glazeduck
Rookie

glazeduck smells like sex panther.

Love...

#1. James Hardy - whats not to absolutely love about the biggest [viable] wr in the draft, who also has the longest arms (by over an inch) and the 2nd largest hands of any wr in the draft? Also ran a very respectable 4.47 at 220 lbs and goes for the ball like a rebounder, because he plays bball too. I've heard the character issues bit, but from what i've heard they sound about as credible as Marshawn's last year. Obviously if they really are more serious then you pass, but otherwise he should be our answer opposite Lee.
-backup plan @ WR: Sweed, Kelly, Monk, Hubbard or Devin thomas.

#2. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie - even though this guy is still young he seriously showed up in the senior bowl and ran a 4.33 at 6'1 1/2. The guy will be a perfect cb for any system. Only real question in my mind is lack of experience against quality talent.
-backup plan @ CB: Talib, Cason, Bowman, Flowers, Terrell Thomas, Lowery, etc.

#3a. Martellus Bennett - by all accounts he's a terrific young man who dedicated his season to Everett. Beyond that he's a big, fast, athletic pass catching TE who has the talent to play quickly and develop even quicker, hopefully becoming both Trent's security blanket and a seam stretcher. Questions involve his blocking abilities and lack of experience.

#3b. Brad Cottam - enormous, fast, strong, athletic... only question mark is that he's an unknown quantity due to injuries.
-backups @ TE: Fred & Kellen Davis, Rucker.

#4. Tavares Gooden - TGood, big, fast, athletic LB who can play all three spots and with his natural god-given ability could start soon at WLB.
-backups @ LB: Rivers and Adibi.

#5. Peyton Hillis or Owen Schmidt - 2 very athletic hbacks who can both do more than just block (even thogh they're both great at that), and would probably start right away and for a very long time.

Hate

#1. Anyone but Kieth Rivers @ 11. As much as I like Hardy and DRC I see their value in the late teens or early 20s...ideally we can package 11 and later or future picks for Dallas' 2 1st rounders. Rivers is the only player talented enough (barring an unforseen fall) w/ our needs to take there.

#2. John Carlson - I get the whole production vs. workout thing, but a 4.9?!? Thats horrible. Awful. REALLY REALLY bad. We don't need a TE slower than our LT, unless our plan is to put 60 lbs on him and move him to backing up Peters. Put Bowman in this category too. Between a bad combine and a worse senior bowl he's plummeting.

#3. Any small wr- We need a big wr, not mario manningham or desean jackson, the last thing we need is diminutive wrs.

#4. Any DE taken before needs such as WR, TE, etc. - As much as i think a DE like Calais Campbell is needed, we already have too much $ sunk into our DEs as it is, and too many other holes to fill.
glazeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Love

Dan Connor- Call me a homer, but I think its a lot closer between him and Rivers than people think.
Keith Rivers- Solid LB, what we need.
Aqib Talib, DRC, Brandon flowers- Flowers the most, I think he would be perfect in the cover 2 as do I with Talib. DRC is just very intruiging.
Martellus Bennett, Dusitn Keller and Fred Davis- We desperately need a pass catching and athletic TE.

Hate-
Malcolm Kelly- I dont want him at 11. No way.
Small WR- We dont need anymore. Period.
OL- I dont feel we need anything on the OL at this point. Bigger fish to fry.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
NHL attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2008

NFL attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attend...perc&year=2007

NBA attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

MLB attendance
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attend...7&seasonType=2

Percentage of the arena filled.

Mismanaged in terms of General Managers, the owners pony up the cash.
No, the owners dont pony up the cash, especially not in the Leafs case. The Raptors are a different story because things began to fall off.

Im not sure what your trying to point out with these links. Are you trying to show me that the Sabres are just about either #1 or 2 in every category or is it that the Bills are #9 when it came to overall attendance? I really dont care about the perentages, because the fact remains that the Bills are in the top 9 when it comes to overall attendance. Which speaks louder to me than percentage.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default If we have the chance to move down in the first round...

how would you guys feal if the bills were to move down in the first , and drafted OG Brendan Albert? this move would give us a great o-line to protect trent and open holes for marshawn. we would also acquire a 2nd or 3rd for moving down which we could use to fill other needs. If we stay at 11 i will only be happy with a CB, i do not see enough value in any of the other positions to be picked at 11. I really want mike jenkins i think he is the perfect fit to play CB in our system and would be the last piece of the puzzle to make our defence one of the best next season.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Definitely an interesting idea. I think the coaching staff thinks highly of Brad Butler, though. I mean he played pretty well last year in his 1st year as a starter. Can't see us going OG in round 1 (assuming we trade down) although I can't say that I'm TOTALLY opposed to it.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Sign...
Bryant Johnson - WR - Arizona Cardinals

1.) Brandon Albert
2.) Patrick Lee
2.) Lawrence Jackson
3.) Dustin Keller
4.) Adarius Bowman

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default CB at #11

i don't see why scott or many other sites do not have the bills takign a CB at #11? i was looking at our depth chart today and other than WR, CB is clearly our biggest need. I would say WR is a bigger need but i do not see a single WR this year worthy of being drafted in the top 15. There are numerous CBs worthy of the 11th pick and it is one of our biggest needs so why not take it? Drafting a CB in the first and then a WR in the second takes care of our 2 biggest needs and would get the best value out of both picks. Jenkins, DRC, McKelvin, Talib, or Flowers, any one of them i would be completly happy with at #11. And then grab Thomas or Hardy in the 2nd, trade up if we need to.

And if McFadden falls to us at #11 like Mayock is saying, i would say 100% we should trade down and still be able to grab one of the CBs.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. If we get Bryant Johnson then it is a definite lock for a corner at 11. Besides DRC, Aqib, Jenkins IMO wont be available in the second for us. Yet like you said, one of the top 5 rated WR is likely to drop to us in the second.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DRC is my consensus pick right now for us.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The answer is simple. Cover 2 teams play zone for most of the game and a shutdown CB isn't a top priority in that defense. Only 1 Cover 2 team has ever drafted a CB in round 1 and that was with the last few picks in round 1 by Indy.
Cover 2 teams can play CB's who lack great speed but are excellent in a zone defense and these types of CB's are readily available in round 2 and that is exactly where most of the Cover 2 CB's in the NFL were drafted.
I will be totally shocked if we take a CB in round 1.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt be totally shocked, but I understand how you guys feel with the CB controversy and when to draft one. I feel as if in the 2nd round you could get a guy like Porter, Godfrey, Jackson that might suffice for the time being. Safety's are far more important in cover 2 than CBs. But with whats on the board at your pick I think the wisest choice would be best available player via need. If they is an LB (like Rivers), CB (DRC [who could play anywhere in cover 2, Talib]) then so be it. 2nd round you won't get much WR wise because Once that round starts teams like SF, KC, MIA, Baltimore, Bengals, Jets could all go after one. It will be interesting though. I'd rather take an immediate need that has proper value for a reach of a greater need. But thats me.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:12 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The depth in this draft at CB is huge especially for a Cover 2 corner. We can easily wait until rounds 2 or 3 to get a guy who will immediately contribute for us. We've done so much for our defense so far this offseason, I'd like to see us use the draft to fix what was a horrible offense in 2007.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
The depth in this draft at CB is huge especially for a Cover 2 corner. We can easily wait until rounds 2 or 3 to get a guy who will immediately contribute for us. We've done so much for our defense so far this offseason, I'd like to see us use the draft to fix what was a horrible offense in 2007.
Kev, long time no talk. Hope all is well over there.

I really dont want a WR at 11 unless it is Limas Sweed. I dont care for Kelly or Jackson at all. CB would be nice, as I see Talib as a PERFECT cover 2 guy. LB is fine with us, as is DL, except that an edge rusher could be had. I wonder if there is going to be any talk over trying to either trade/release/do something with Ryan Denny. In any event TE and WR do need to be adressed, but I dont think with the 11th. Like I said, unless it is Limas Sweed, because he has had GREAT numbers this off season.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I wouldnt be totally shocked, but I understand how you guys feel with the CB controversy and when to draft one. I feel as if in the 2nd round you could get a guy like Porter, Godfrey, Jackson that might suffice for the time being. Safety's are far more important in cover 2 than CBs. But with whats on the board at your pick I think the wisest choice would be best available player via need. If they is an LB (like Rivers), CB (DRC [who could play anywhere in cover 2, Talib]) then so be it. 2nd round you won't get much WR wise because Once that round starts teams like SF, KC, MIA, Baltimore, Bengals, Jets could all go after one. It will be interesting though. I'd rather take an immediate need that has proper value for a reach of a greater need. But thats me.
I could also see us drafting a top OT to replace Walker. This year's OT crop is being talked about as the best in the last 20 years. With Peters and another great OT, we'd have a very potent offensive line.
We could also trade back to a position where value for a WR is reasonable and pick up extra picks.
If we do consider a CB it won't be Talib who just isn't very physical and his tackling ability is weak for a player his size. He's much more suited to man to man coverage.
Flowers is probably the best Cover 2 CB in this year's draft and we could trade back for him and pick up extra picks.
Rivers is also a strong possibility as is Harvey DE.
We appear to have a lot of options open to us and it will be very interesting to see how our new GM functions. Either way I see this draft significantly improving our team.