Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABWA757 View Post
Ive never seen such a pessimistic bills fan.
You should visit Buffalo sometime.
I find it tough to expect a whole lot this year with Edwards, as well. You never know with the defense, even if everyone is healthy. The seemingly decent schedule, hopefully a good starting O-line, and homerism by the barrel-full can keep me optimistic for now, but I have serious reservations because I have no idea what to expect from Edwards.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt be upset with taking him at 11.
He and Jordy Nelson are growing on me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bills Brass Weighs In On Receiver Class.....*good read*

Bills Brass Weighs In On Receiver Class
by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 4/16/2008 4:17 PM ET

With wide receiver a glaring need for the Bills COO Russ Brandon and Vice President of College Scouting Tom Modrak was asked several questions about this year's class of wideouts in the draft. And though the Bills are viewed as a team that needs reinforcements at the position, Buffalo's brass was not about to play their hand with a little over a week before the draft.

"I think it's part of the overall process," said Brandon when asked if receiver still a need the team is pursuing. "We're always looking to better this team. That was something that we obviously did look at during the free agency period. We felt we addressed some situations in free agency that made this ball club better and we'll continue to look at that. We're always going to look at ways to improve, be it wide receiver or any other position where we feel we have a need."

Still, Brandon and Modrak did offer some professional opinions on the class as a whole.

"It's good," said Modrak. "I think they come in all shapes and sizes, and that's part of it. Some guys play big, some guys play slot. There is good depth and there is quality depth, but there are people that fit certain roles better."

After Bills head coach Dick Jauron stated on a couple of occasions that he'd like to have a big wide receiver for his offense, the names of prospects like Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy and Jordy Nelson surged to the forefront among the media when it came to possible fits for Buffalo.

"Devin Thomas, he's an excellent vertical and an excellent runner after the catch," said Modrak. "They used him a lot on bubble screens, those kind of things. He runs very well. He's strong and he's tough. He ran great on the clock, 4.4's, that kind of thing."

As for Hardy, Modrak believes he will be a quality red zone target in the league.

"He gives you opportunities that a quarterback doesn't always have because of the height," Modrak said. "And he really is a good athlete. He bends better than what you would anticipate from a 6-5 guy, which is unusual for a receiver that's a 6-4 plus guy. But he gives you that mismatch possibility."

Kansas State's Jordy Nelson is not expected to go as high as Thomas, Kelly and Hardy, but he has the size many believe Buffalo's offense needs.

"Excellent catcher who played in the slot primarily," said Modrak. "Probably going to have to make the conversion to an outside receiver. Somebody could use him in the slot, but I'm thinking he's going to make the conversion. That will mean a little bit of an adjustment for him. But he's a tough, competitive guy who's deceptively fast. He's not in that Thomas class as far as speed on the clock, however, he manages to get by people. He's a big guy whose game is excellent catcher routes, underneath, mid distance, run after the catch kind of thing."

Meanwhile Kelly had a rough week last week after his disappointing 40-times at his pro day, but Modrak insists that his pro day workout is only a small portion of Kelly's complete body of work, which over the past three years at Oklahoma has been pretty impressive.

"Him running that 40 time didn't alter where we put him on the board," said Modrak. "We thought he was going to run on the clock much differently - a little bit better than that. We figured he was a 4.5, 4.6 guy. Those guys can play. We don't think everybody needs to be 4.3, 4.4. Michael Irvin didn't run 4.4s, and he's a 6-foot-4 guy who's 230, that does make a difference obviously. Just that alone did not change it for us. It's a part of it, it's a piece of it and we'll mix it in."

As for Kelly's comments after his workout in which he partially blamed the University of Oklahoma for his subpar performance, Modrak admits it was unfortunate.

"That's something you have to digest really, because that was unexpected," Modrak said. "Does one thing alone make the difference? Typically not. We try to build a body of work, and we've talked about this before, it's a long process. You can't knee-jerk in and out of things. A fast 40 time shouldn't knee-jerk you into something. It's certainly part of the process, it was unexpected. I think he's tried to come back and recover from that a bit. It was a bit unusual for what we knew about him, but it did happen. You put yourself in his place. He was expecting to do something he didn't do. He was startled for lack of a better word about it. But probably the conversations after it, he probably would want to take it back."

Still Kelly's body of work is considered strong and that figures to carry the day for NFL teams when they determine where to slot him on their respective boards.

Thomas on the other hand doesn't have the same body of work as Kelly and has been called a "one year wonder" by some after 2,590 all-purpose yards last season and little to that prior. Modrak, however, sees it differently.

"There was a change of staff there," said Modrak of Michigan State.
"There was a different system put into place. That was his first year on campus, on the job there. How much does that impact it? Sometimes you come away saying that's a big reason, and sometimes you come away saying that was not a good enough reason. But, yeah, you try to weigh what happened."

Despite the bounty of tall wideouts in the draft there seems to be a general consensus outside of NFL draft rooms that there is not a single receiver worthy of a pick as high as that of the Bills at 11, prompting many observers to think that cornerback will be a better value pick for Buffalo. History also says that first-round cornerbacks tend to pan out more than first-round receivers. But Modrak believes a team's draft strategy is the ultimate factor in such arguments.

"We've done our studies and history has said that over time," said Modrak. "All of us have broken ranks on those things. Part of it is picking 11th, a point where there's enough guys coming off the board that it's not slam dunk wherever you're going. There is consideration what you can pick up next time around and not be isolated, and ask, 'What's better for us now and what's better for us in a little while?'"

And though the Bills draft board at this point isn't complete, they will have a definitive course of action with just a few candidates pegged for number 11.

"In reality, our pick is pretty well established in that we have the tight shot circle of the people we're looking at," said Modrak. "If they all came off the board then you're into a little bit more of discussion."
Whether a big receiver is part of the discussion at 11 is the big question.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5996

__________________________________________________ ___________

I bolded what I found interesting

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 04-17-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default D&C's Roth Article: Will Short Draft Clock Hurt Trades?

New rule forces Bills to be quick on the draw

Less time to choose draft picks means team must be prepared

Leo Roth Staff writer April 17, 2008
ORCHARD PARK The Buffalo Bills are on the clock. And hurry it up!

Next week's 73rd NFL Player Selection Meeting (a.k.a. draft) will be a speedier and more streamlined affair, the league hopes, after owners voted last fall to reduce the time teams have to ponder their picks in the first and second rounds.

Last year's first round took a record 6 hours, 8 minutes to complete, testing the loyalty of even the most rabid draftniks to stick around and watch on television. It wasn't much fun in NFL draft rooms, either.
This year, instead of 15 minutes between picks in the first round, teams will have 10; instead of 10 minutes in the second round, they each will have seven.

The change will allow for the first two rounds to be completed in about eight hours starting at 3 p.m. on April 26. Rounds 3 through 7 will be the next day with the time between those selections remaining at five minutes.

While less procrastination apparently will make for better television and less coffee consumption in team war rooms, what's it mean for the men making the decisions?

Bills vice president of college scouting Tom Modrak doesn't anticipate problems having five fewer minutes to work with. But he did say it could affect the ability to swing trades and move up and down the draft order, something Buffalo has done in three of the last four drafts.

"I think people will try to get more things set and ready to go early, that would be my guess," Modrak said Wednesday during a draft briefing session with reporters at the stadium. "I'm anxious about it because it is a different tempo. But my sense is, and I think we'll go down this road too, to try and talk to people a lot faster, a lot sooner and people that get serious, I think would have it all laid out and ready to pull the trigger if their guy's not there quicker than they did in the past."

The Bills have 10 selections and are in position to deal up in the first three rounds.

They have a glaring need for a big wide receiver to help spark their 30th-ranked scoring offense in the red zone and assist in the development of second-year quarterback Trent Edwards.

But the draft is deep at receiver, and rather than spend the 11th overall pick, a prudent game plan could see them using that pick on a harder-to-find cornerback (such as Troy's Leodis McKelvin or Tennessee State's Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie) for their rebuilding defense.

They then could package some picks to move up from the 10th pick in the second round (41st overall) to nab one of the remaining top wide receivers.

One of those could be Oklahoma's 6-4, 220-pound Malcolm Kelly, who is slipping on many team's boards after slow 40-yard times at his pro day, but who may not be around if Buffalo stays put at 41.

Of course, the Bills could be content to pick their targeted man at No. 11 and leave it at that, and having 10 minutes to make up their mind is plenty if he's there, Modrak said.

"In reality, your/our pick is pretty well established in that we have the tight-shot circle of the people we're looking at (at No. 11)," he said.

"It could be, if they all came off the board, then you're into a little bit more of a discussion. I think it (the change) may not hurt it but it will may make the trade thing a little bit more accelerated."

And what if some team calls right when the Bills are on the clock? Is there enough time to think straight and make the right move?

"You can do it," Modrak said. "You know how many times they've run down to the wire, running the card up there with the 15 minutes. So yeah, it will be a little bit tighter. You get faster guys (card runners) in New York, I guess."

The Bills' card runner in New York City, where the draft occurs, is equipment manager Dave Hojnowski, who may want to start working out on the treadmill.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dave Hojnowski beats me out again!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vcstriker16

<link removed>

I definately wouldn't mind picking him up.

Last edited by Geo : 04-19-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcstriker16 View Post
<link removed>

I definately wouldn't mind picking him up.
the signing of Kawika Mitchell eliminates the need for a first day LB.

Last edited by Geo : 04-19-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not one mention of Limas Sweed? Hmmmmmmmm.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
You should visit Buffalo sometime.
I find it tough to expect a whole lot this year with Edwards, as well. You never know with the defense, even if everyone is healthy. The seemingly decent schedule, hopefully a good starting O-line, and homerism by the barrel-full can keep me optimistic for now, but I have serious reservations because I have no idea what to expect from Edwards.

The jury's out on Edwards. I don't want it to be where everyone jumps on the wagon and anoints him the next savior, but i also dont want him going in with every pessimistic thought in the world against him.
It'll be interesting to see how he does with an offseason and training camp under him. Moreover...
We all could name the MANY MANY quarterbacks who were hidden by their good teams around them, and with Lynch/Jackson, Evans/DraftPick, a solid O-line, and maybe a decent TE (via draft), hopefully some work can get done. Not to mention a defense that can get us the ball once in awhile, id like to think we've made some solid improvements, but the draft will define ALOT.
It so imperative for us to get Dominique Rodger-Cromartie at 11 and NOT trade down for Devin "One hit wonder" Thomas or Sweed (who i DO like). Take the best available guy (who will be more than solid with this draft class) in round 2. Then TE round three, again another solid guy with TE's falling (id like to think Carlson, Bennett, or Davis will be avail when we pick in round 3, i cant see 4 TE's - with Keller going 1st - off the board by our 3rd rd pick).

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Bills don't think Hardy has character problems...

BILLS SAY WR HARDY NOT A CHARACTER RISK: The Bills have done their due diligence on upwards of 500 players for the past 10 months and that includes Indiana WR James Hardy, who has a domestic incident and two-game team suspension in his college career. Said Hardy at the combine about his transgressions.

"As a young man I never had anyone to actually sit me down and tell me things I've done wrong, so I've learned from my mistakes," said Hardy. "I can honestly tell you as a man right here that I've made mistakes in the past and I've learned from them and they won't happen again in any other area I'm at. That's all I can do and just show them the actual person that I am. That's what coach Hep (Terry Hoeppner) talked about a lot. He told me to just show the world the type of man you are. That's all I can do."
The Bills don't believe Hardy to be a character risk.

I think he had a rough upbringing," said Bills scout Tom Roth. "I dont think hes a bad kid at all. He just had a rough upbringing and thats the way I see it. You cant knock him for that. You have to give him some credit just for what hes been through. I wouldnt say hes a character risk.

For more check out Bills Roundup in the multimedia section.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

This is great news for me

Old 04-22-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default A video you should watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PlWZDZboQw

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about his character as much as I worry about his inability to catch the ball over the middle of the field. He seems to shy away from contact even if it means he won't catch the ball. That's why he's not going to be a high 1st rounder IMO.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^And at 6'5 - You CAN NOT be afraid of contact when the team expects you to go up and get the tough balls.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-25-2008 at 03:41 AM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Great Article on James Hardy (I suggest you all read it)

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6022

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Alvin Bowen...

...is a skinny Terry Tate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JQda...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcePI...eature=related

Few good parts, but I'm all about compliance
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Default Grade The Bills 08 Draft!!!!!

See Poll for overall grade:

Post Individual Grades Below

1) Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
2) James Hardy, WR, Indiana
3) Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
4a) Reggie Corner, CB, Akron
4b) Derek Fine, TE, Kansas
5) Alvin Bowen, LB, Iowa State
6) Xavier Omon, RB, NW Missouri State
7a) Demetrius Bell, OT, Northwestern State
7b) Steve Johnson, WR, Kentucky
7c) Kennard Cox, CB, Pitt

Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

haha i love it.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
See Poll for overall grade:

Post Individual Grades Below

1) Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
2) James Hardy, WR, Indiana
3) Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
4a) Reggie Corner, CB, Akron
4b) Derek Fine, TE, Kansas
5) Alvin Bowen, LB, Iowa State
6) Xavier Omon, RB, NW Missouri State
7a) Demetrius Bell, OT, Northwestern State
7b) Steve Johnson, WR, Kentucky
7c) Kennard Cox, CB, Pitt
Overall Grade= B-

Leodis McKelvin: C+

Not a big fan of McKelvin, but that's just me. Would of preferred DRC

James Hardy: A+

Equates to everything we could of needed and imagined. Will most definitely be an immediate weapon in the red zone. A true dream come true

Chris Ellis: C+

C+ with Cliff Avril on the board. Always saw him as more of a fit in the 3-4 as an OLB. Some character flags

Reggie Corner: A+

Nice sleeper corner. Great cover-2 fit. Great MAC talent

Derek Fine: B

Best TE available. Can't blame the Bills here.

Alvin Bowen: B

A little undersized, but a great tackler, could be Coy Wire Parte Deux, seeing time at OLB and SS

Xavier Omon: C

Great Player, but why a RB, when we are like 5 deep already?

Demetrius Bell: A+

Bastard son of Karl Malone a project at OT, should be a great backup and eventual starter

Steve Johnson: B

Good WR depth

Kennard Cox: B-

Don't know too much of him so he gets an average grade

Last edited by fischbowl : 04-27-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Draft Daddy Grades:

1.11 CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy: The Bills never replaced Nate Clements. Troy is good bet. Grade: B-.
2.41 WR James Hardy, Indiana: Real star power, Hardy made a ton of plays at Indiana. Grade: A-.
3.72 DE Chris Ellis, Virginia Tech: Only average at Senior Bowl, Ellis a pass rushing project. Grade: C.
4.114 CB Reggie Corner, Akron: A great Pro Day display elavated Corner's stock. Grade: B.
4.132 TE Derek Fine, Kansas: Should immediately help the Bills in short-yardage packages.
5.147 LB Alvin Bowen, Iowa State: Small fast LB will have to impact on ST. Grade: C.
6.179 RB Xavier Omon, NW Missouri: D-2 superstar has decent speed and excellent balance. Grade C+.
7.219 OT Demetrius Bell, Northwestern: Son of Karl Malone, former DE that needs work. Grade: C-.
7.224 WR Steve Johnson, Kentucky: Big JC-transfer but not real fast. Grade: D.
7.251 CB Kennard Cox, Pittsburgh: Possible nickel back who is a big project. Grade: D+.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Default Petition!

Replace Ryan Neill at LS!

Face it, Neill is a terrible long snapper! I'd be fine with him back on the DL where he initially impressed. Cutting Pro Bowl Long Snapper Mike Schneck last year will go down as one of the worst personnel decisions in recent Bills History! Thoughts of Neill bring me back to the Trey Junkin and Jon Dorenbos days! Help me rid myself of these nightmares!

This is the time of the season for competition. Two, young fabulous college long snappers in Indiana's Tim Bugg and Florida State's Garrison Sanborn are still out there! Proven professional LS's such as Andrew Economos and Boone Stutz are currently unrestricted free agents! Yes, UNRESTRICTED! We can sign them!

Once I get 10 signatures the order will come into motion and be sent to Bills Front Offices in letter form!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Default Bills Rookie Numbers 2008!

Leodis McKelvin: #28
James Hardy: #81
Chris Ellis: #93
Reggie Corner: #27
Derek Fine: #86
Alvin Bowen: #50
Xavier Omon: #25
Demetrius Bell: #77
Steve Johnson: #13
Kennard Cox: #38

It's Official

Old 04-29-2008, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll only rate the 1st 3 since everything after 3 is pretty much a C with minimal chance to ever be a starter.

McKelvin was a B for me. Yes, he's a solid shutdowen CB but we play a zone defense which rarely asks a CB to play one on one. He'll need a lot of time to learn how to play in a zone.

James Hardy is also a B for me. Has good upside but I'm really worried about how he becomes non existant on crossing patterns over the middle when he has to take a big hit to make the catch. Does he have sand in his pants or will he be a 1 dimensional player as a red zone threat on the outside.
He was a 2nd rounder because film showed him scared to go over the middle of the field. He has everything else.

Cliff Ellis is also a solid B for me, perfect build for a Cover 2 defensive end and could start out as a situational pass rusher with starter potential in a couple of years.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wootizzle - Canada

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Ha, Boone Stutz

Anyway:

SuperMcgee - Buffalo

But fisch, I don't want to see anymore hatred towards the magician with the psycho dad.