Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Cavs made the semi finals?
I don't think that is it. That was more of a disappointment haha.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I don't think that is it. That was more of a disappointment haha.
At least it was something. The Warriors ****** up at the beginning of the season and the Sharks ****** up at the beginning of the post season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I am stoned and I decided to listen to 2 of Matt Ryan's interviews, and man...what an articulate guy. He knows how to answer questions in a very mature manner and shows that he truly doesn't buy into his own hype. The stark contrast compared to our last QB is very apparent.
Really nice, down to earth guy as well. Very friendly, if you are walking the halls or going past him, he is the type of guy who says hi to you. He is a good guy to root for in life because he comes off as very friendly. Actually the whole Atlanta Falcons staff and players were damn cool. You guys are in good shape!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Really nice, down to earth guy as well. Very friendly, if you are walking the halls or going past him, he is the type of guy who says hi to you. He is a good guy to root for in life because he comes off as very friendly. Actually the whole Atlanta Falcons staff and players were damn cool. You guys are in good shape!

Mind if I asked where you meet/saw these guys?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Mind if I asked where you meet/saw these guys?
Falcons complex. I was there for the OTAs working with Coach Smith. Actually waiting to hear back if I got the job or not. Hopefully I can be a Falcon.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Falcons complex. I was there for the OTAs working with Coach Smith. Actually waiting to hear back if I got the job or not. Hopefully I can be a Falcon.

Hopefully, then you can give us the word around the complex before anyone else. Haha. What are you going for, some kind of scouting?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Hopefully, then you can give us the word around the complex before anyone else. Haha. What are you going for, some kind of scouting?
Usually you're trying to get your foot in the door. But eventually want to go scout-Director of College Scouting- GM path would be ideal. IF I work with the coaching staff and feel good enough to coach then I may do that. Or.. learn from them and jump down to college coaching. I was a D3 coach, so learning from Pro coaches and going to D1 is a possibility too. So I mean I have options. But right now it's just to get into the industry, which alone, is damn near impossible!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Usually you're trying to get your foot in the door. But eventually want to go scout-Director of College Scouting- GM path would be ideal. IF I work with the coaching staff and feel good enough to coach then I may do that. Or.. learn from them and jump down to college coaching. I was a D3 coach, so learning from Pro coaches and going to D1 is a possibility too. So I mean I have options. But right now it's just to get into the industry, which alone, is damn near impossible!

Yeah, I can imagine. Best of luck to ya. Like I said, it would be nice to have an insider here. :P
Old 07-15-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I can imagine. Best of luck to ya. Like I said, it would be nice to have an insider here. :P
Thanks, hopefully it works out. I did have an amazing time though. Alot of free clothes and chance to help Coach Smith out with a project he assigned, and met some cool players. Tony G. has to be the nicest guy ever. First day I was shadowing the TEs coach, and they were in Indy period of practice, and Tony G came up to me and said hi, and stuff. Even when I passed through the lockeroom, he would say hi, and was really friendly. Def. a guy I will always root for.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaching or scouting is something I would absolutely love to do.

If medical wasn't so much safter of an option then I would go that route.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

I have alot of friends that are going to be doctors. That's a really good and stable profession. So props to you for going that route. I just wanted to do this and can't see myself doing anything else.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I understand that. How old are you?

It just works out for me. I live a hour and a half from UAB, maybe the top public medical school in the southeast. If that doesn't work out I'll go in another direction.

Hopefully one day I can get to the point where I can open a sports bar or something of that nature. Something I can really enjoy.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:

Hopefully one day I can get to the point where I can open a sports bar or something of that nature. Something I can really enjoy.

I'm coming in for free shots.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I am hopefully going into medicine too, but its hard. I am going to be a 3rd year in college this fall and am just trying to build up my med school app; its a *****.

At least you have decided early it seems (how old are you?) and that always helps. I decided in my 2nd year and took General Chemistry then, a year later than all my friends so I will have a gap between undergrad and med school.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am hopefully going into medicine too, but its hard. I am going to be a 3rd year in college this fall and am just trying to build up my med school app; its a *****.

At least you have decided early it seems (how old are you?) and that always helps. I decided in my 2nd year and took General Chemistry then, a year later than all my friends so I will have a gap between undergrad and med school.
I'm 17.

Yeah, I heard about building up the med school applications. I'm definitely going to have to change how I work.

Oh, and free shots. Of course.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I understand that. How old are you?

It just works out for me. I live a hour and a half from UAB, maybe the top public medical school in the southeast. If that doesn't work out I'll go in another direction.

O sweet, good luck with that. I am 27, going to be 28 august 4th. Medical industry is a great industry to be in, but something about being in football, specifically the NFL that gives me that rush.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think that's why we're all here, we love football. Except bama, he loves proving people wrong.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
O sweet, good luck with that. I am 27, going to be 28 august 4th. Medical industry is a great industry to be in, but something about being in football, specifically the NFL that gives me that rush.
Yeah. Even though I am en route to be a doctor, I might just give it all up for a chance to be a legit scout and then work my way up. Football is a passion for me, even though I never played in HS and only got into it a couple of years ago; to be paid (not that much i guess) to watch football? Sounds like a great idea.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
i think that's why we're all here, we love football. Except bama, he loves proving people wrong.
Whaaaaaaaa?

Oh.

Hahahahhaha. I get it.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah. Even though I am en route to be a doctor, I might just give it all up for a chance to be a legit scout and then work my way up. Football is a passion for me, even though I never played in HS and only got into it a couple of years ago; to be paid (not that much i guess) to watch football? Sounds like a great idea.
If you want to get into the industry, I'd start now trying to get in. Unless you know someone it's virtually impossible to get in. Try going to a d1 school with a football team and see if you can be a student assistant or GA. I coached at a D3 school, TEs coach, and then applied and then got rejected. I had to know someone that knew Coach Smith to get in. It's so hard to try to get into this industry.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
10. Matt Ryan must have lived in the weight room all offseason, because when he sat by me, it was clear he has changed his body. The Atlanta Falcons' quarterback, who's entering his second NFL season, pointed out that strength development early in Tom Brady's career was a key factor in him becoming a Pro Bowler and a Super Bowl champion, and Ryan clearly is following that plan.
-NFL.com

I think he really took those 'average arm strength' and the underthrows that lead to interceptions to heart and is working on his arm strength; Tom Brady and Drew Brees increased their arm strength throughout their careers. Its not even that he can throw more bombs to Roddy White, but the extra zip on his short and medium throws is going to make all the difference.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Toonster said this pre draft, and I agreed. Matt Ryan has/ had a ton of room to grow with his frame, very similar to Tom Brady coming out. Neither were near fully developed physically.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan is our hero.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:40 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
-NFL.com

I think he really took those 'average arm strength' and the underthrows that lead to interceptions to heart and is working on his arm strength; Tom Brady and Drew Brees increased their arm strength throughout their careers. Its not even that he can throw more bombs to Roddy White, but the extra zip on his short and medium throws is going to make all the difference.

Yeah, that's nice for sure. He's just got to avoiding trying to do too much which lead to some of his fumbles/INTs.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Toonster said this pre draft, and I agreed. Matt Ryan has/ had a ton of room to grow with his frame, very similar to Tom Brady coming out. Neither were near fully developed physically.
Ryan seemed to fit in the tall and slender frame. I got to see him after practice with a t shirt on under his pads, and he has that tall and skinny frame, but the ball he throws a beautiful ball. He throws a live ball that just jumps out of his hand. He still can get bigger in the weight room, and I'd expect that as he gets older.