Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-12-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we know he didn't grow, but maybe a year under his belt will help him out.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike's back! While we are much much better off with Matt, apart of me will probably always long for Vick.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wish i could go to the eagles game on 12/6. i hate that he's on philly cause i really abhor that team but i ******* hope he's successful in whatever role he's put in.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

today is the big day. Hopefully we show some promise
Old 08-15-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is the game on tv?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-15-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Network carries all preseason game. I hope I can find it online cause I don't have NFL Network.

Finally. Falcons football. With that said, its going to be a long 2 hours until kickoff.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I won't be watching it live, but that's probably a good thing. I've got it DVR'd and that will give me a good chance to watch it and evaluate the line.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Alright, I will try and do this for all the preseason games that I can record and watch over. I'm not going to spend hours on a preseason game or evaluate every player to step on the field, but this is just some stuff I noticed from watching, rewinding, etc. (Obviously it's tough to tell much about WRs and DBs)

Blalock got beat across his face/by a move a couple of times. Least impressive member of the starting line. He did pull well though. Clabo/Dahl/Baker all looked pretty good to me. McClure couldn't quite get to a block which screwed up the Roddy reverse attempt. Turner did a very nice job. Good vision and patience. Norwood looked good. Looking forward to seeing him more. For the most part, I like what Mularkey was doing on offense. I'm not sure what the plan with Gonzo was, but for the first stringers, I saw way too much Peele. He's not bad, but I've got Tony Gonzalez, I don't want to see a lot of Peele. Two TE sets would hurt our offensive explosiveness some as well. I'd like to see a lot of shotgun, playaction, and hurry up during the season. Play action is going to be HUGE for us.

Defensively, we definitely seemed more aggressive. We need to get better at blitzing though. We appeared to get through the line well, but actually getting to the QB is an art, and we need to improve on it. Abraham is what he is. Average in the run game, can make a play when he gets his crazy rush upfield for a pass. Very good pass rusher. If he's healthy, a dozen sacks no doubt. Jamaal Anderson looked a little better. He still got washed out a few times which was not good to see. Anytime the TE had a chip on though, he got destroyed. Somewhat solid in the run game. And can still be run past the QB way too easily. Nothing tonight showed he is going to be good this year IMO. Looks like Grimes blew a coverage assignment on a play. But he did make a nice play on a ball later. Peterson was good at times, eh at other. A little slow to react a couple times, looked a little timid. Time will probably make him more fluid. Babs was Babs. Saw a good number of double teams. Peria looked alright. Stayed engaged a little too long. Needs to shed his blocks quicker and stay stout against double teams. Should atleast be able to give what Grady gave us. I'd like to see a bit more penetration though. Owens was impressive against the run. Gave up a TD but still had pretty good coverage. And finally, Sidbury is ahead of Biermann from last year. Stouter against the run, and appears to be a bit ahead passrush wise too. Still quite raw, has to learn, but I could see him dropping the QB a few times this year.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well that was against the lions. They are the best pre-season team in the league. We did good.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Oh and to whoever saw the Roddy interview.

Are we going to do what we gunna do man?
Old 08-16-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Oh and to whoever saw the Roddy interview.

Are we going to do what we gunna do man?
Roddy is just sexy.

No ****.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Roddy is just sexy.

No ****.
- roddy looked thinner saturday. maybe it was just me.
- owens was impressive although it was weird seeing another player in a #21 jersey. i would really like him to start sometime this season over grimes. grimes is just too small.
- peterson looked small too and the LB corps looked bad. i know. i know. it's just the first preseason game.
- weems wasn't too shabby, no other fringe WRs were notable.
- i'm not liking the jerry pick.
- can't wait to see willy mo.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
- roddy looked thinner saturday. maybe it was just me.
- owens was impressive although it was weird seeing another player in a #21 jersey. i would really like him to start sometime this season over grimes. grimes is just too small.
- peterson looked small too and the LB corps looked bad. i know. i know. it's just the first preseason game.
- weems wasn't too shabby, no other fringe WRs were notable.
- i'm not liking the jerry pick.
- can't wait to see willy mo.
Owens isn't much bigger. Just under 5'10".

Don't like the Jerry pick after one preseason game? I wasn't a fan, but that's a big premature.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Owens isn't much bigger. Just under 5'10".

Don't like the Jerry pick after one preseason game? I wasn't a fan, but that's a big premature.
really? owens just looked longer but i liked the confidence he showed and in some instances he looked more comfortable at CB than grimes.

i didn't like the pick from the start with his age and i don't like his fit with the DL players we already have. he played a lot of the game and had little effect. yeah premature, i know, but i'm being critical because there's finally footage to be critical about with preseason starting.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
really? owens just looked longer but i liked the confidence he showed and in some instances he looked more comfortable at CB than grimes.

i didn't like the pick from the start with his age and i don't like his fit with the DL players we already have. he played a lot of the game and had little effect. yeah premature, i know, but i'm being critical because there's finally footage to be critical about with preseason starting.
Yeah, our group of corners is undersized as a whole. Owens did look very aggressive, though.

I hope he impresses. DL depth is huge, and without him our interior is full of no-names exculding Babs. We need him to step up.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I didn't watch the game but I saw the TD Owens gave up. He really ****** up, bit on the run fake and had no chance after that. Did a nice job recovering however. He looks a lot smaller than I thought he was. I think he might take over starting duties sometime this year, but right now Grimes is safer due to experiance.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I didn't watch the game but I saw the TD Owens gave up. He really ****** up, bit on the run fake and had no chance after that. Did a nice job recovering however. He looks a lot smaller than I thought he was. I think he might take over starting duties sometime this year, but right now Grimes is safer due to experiance.
Yeah but he definitely has potential. He was all over the run game with some great tackles and did a relatively good job sticking with his man. Dmitroff has been scouting him since his NE days and theres a reason he was reached for. I am so excited for Owens to mature.

Grimes has to learn how to use his athleticism against bigger receivers. He should be doing extra work against Jenkins in practice to find out how to avoid getting abused from a guy like Moose.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 08-17-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
from what i saw, yes he did bite on the fake, but it was also a very good throw.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

BACK IN BLACK: DE John Abraham, QB Matt Ryan and RB Michael Turner (left to right) model the 1966 throwback uniforms the Falcons will wear in the second game of the season vs. the Carolina Panthers and in the November 29 game vs. the Buccaneers.

I like these a lot.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah I just saw them. They look absolutely sick. I hope we tear a team apart while wearing those jerseys. Like one of the Carolina or New Orleans beat down in the Georgia Dome. Those were such satisfying wins.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

damn those are really nice throwbacks.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:40 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I haven't watched the game yet, by why has the awesomeness of Sackbury not been mentioned yet?
Old 08-22-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I'm watching right now. One sack thus far, but the QB kind of ran into his arms.

Kory Bierman actually has impressed me a ton. Looks a lot bigger, and he's all over the field. Chased down Derrick Stanley on a reverse that got called back.

Just looked on NFL.com, and yea Biermann is up to 260. Was in the 240s last season.

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 08-22-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When do you guys expect William Moore back?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

The offense has looked very nice and crisp the run game has been excellent
the addion of Tony Gonzalez addition has work out ver well and Matt has
been sharp and on point with his passes

The defense although they improve from last week I wish they would
be a tad bit more aggressive I like Brent Grimes hes a small guy that plays
with alot of heart and gives it his all on every down but Chevis Jackson
needs to start over him Grimes is giving up too many plays and he is going to
get killed nite in and nite out on slant routes.Biermann has improve and Sidbury has been geting to the QB, Jamaal & Jerry both have been looking
very bad their both getting beat and both are have been getting manhandle
and forced to the ground by other lineman
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote