Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-22-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
The offense has looked very nice and crisp the run game has been excellent
the addion of Tony Gonzalez addition has work out ver well and Matt has
been sharp and on point with his passes

The defense although they improve from last week I wish they would
be a tad bit more aggressive I like Brent Grimes hes a small guy that plays
with alot of heart and gives it his all on every down but Chevis Jackson
needs to start over him Grimes is giving up too many plays and he is going to
get killed nite in and nite out on slant routes.Biermann has improve and Sidbury has been geting to the QB, Jamaal & Jerry both have been looking
very bad their both getting beat and both are have been getting manhandle
and forced to the ground by other lineman
Are you drunk or high ;).

Jamaal has looked better than usual, still not great though.

I haven't noticed Jerry. Not once. I wasn't a fan of the pick, but I'll give him time.

Chevis wouldn't be much better, if at all. He is built to be a nickel CB and was drafted for that purpose. The battle is basically CB2 vs. CB4 (Grimes vs. Owens), with Houston at CB1 and Chevis at CB3.

And Owens hasn't looked much better in coverage. Got turned around once or twice and gave up another touchdown.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved what I saw from Gonzo, Sidbury, Ryan and Biermann.
Not so much Peria Jerry, who I didn't really notice, I found myself going out of the way trying to find out where he was on the field. Jamaal Anderson was pushed around as usual, and also Chris Owens was caught out of position which is never nice.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Are you drunk or high ;).

Jamaal has looked better than usual, still not great though.

I haven't noticed Jerry. Not once. I wasn't a fan of the pick, but I'll give him time.

Chevis wouldn't be much better, if at all. He is built to be a nickel CB and was drafted for that purpose. The battle is basically CB2 vs. CB4 (Grimes vs. Owens), with Houston at CB1 and Chevis at CB3.

And Owens hasn't looked much better in coverage. Got turned around once or twice and gave up another touchdown.
Yes I maybe high because I haven't seen any improvement from Jamaal
but then again I'm a bit bias towards Jamaal I personaly say that we should
have drafted Amobi Okoye in the 07 draft....yes I know it would have been
a high risk taking a chance on a 19 year old DT at the time but we had
Bobby Petrino and he played in his system so how much of a reach could it have been
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
Yes I maybe high because I haven't seen any improvement from Jamaal
but then again I'm a bit bias towards Jamaal I personaly say that we should
have drafted Amobi Okoye in the 07 draft....yes I know it would have been
a high risk taking a chance on a 19 year old DT at the time but we had
Bobby Petrino and he played in his system so how much of a reach could it have been
The drunk/ high reference was just because of how the whole post was worded, not your opinions.

I was for Amobi at eight, although I said predraft we needed to trade up to get Adrian Peterson or LaRon Landry. They went right in front of us.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Anderson pick was a classic boom/bust pick and he just never panned out. I am really concerned about the lack of consistent rush opposite Abraham. If John Abraham got hurt our defense would be toast. If it is any consolation Amobi Okoye hasn't been that great either. I am with bama, we should have traded up that year.

My outlook for this season: The offense will be one of the best in the league, and Matt Ryan will be one of the best passers. They will need to score though, we wont stop anybody. I expect a lot of shootouts. It should be fun to watch, but I think the team is just as likely to slide down to 9-7 as they are to improve on last year's 11-5.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

My outlook for this season: The offense will be one of the best in the league, and Matt Ryan will be one of the best passers. They will need to score though, we wont stop anybody. I expect a lot of shootouts. It should be fun to watch, but I think the team is just as likely to slide down to 9-7 as they are to improve on last year's 11-5.

I agree with this. Not to mention, we are going to have a tougher schedule this season. A lot is going to ride on our LBs. I have almost no faith in the secondary, but if we can do decently against the run, I like our chances.

And yeah, it's stings like hell missing out on Landry by so little. I was a huge fan of his.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we will be like the Saints were last year. Fortunately for us that still might be better than the Saints this year. We have a harder schedule, but every team in the NFC South does, so it balances out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't change the JA pick now. It happened, we gave him time and time is running out for him. We have c davis, sidbury, biermann waiting for their shot. Shouldn't dwell on the pick. This is NFL.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally found our red zone TD rate. It was 55.4% and according to a USA Today article, that was around the middle of the pack. With Tony Gonzalez in the mix and a more experienced Ryan (no more dumb interceptions in the endzone I hope), we should be able to easily improve upon that number this upcoming season. There were so many times where we would mount a good drive only to have it stall in the endzone (chicago game anyone?), but now there are more chances to get those extra 4 points. Despite that percentage though, we ranked 10th overall in points scored, so I am expecting a substantial increase in the efficiency of our offense.

Top 3 offense in terms of points scored and/or yards gained. Book it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great article from KC Joyner.

Link

Quote:
Lab Results, Atlanta Falcons
By KC Joyner
Atlanta Falcons

The Football Scientist, KC Joyner, is a Fifth Down contributor. His 2009 Fantasy Football Draft Guide is now available for immediate download. The following is an excerpt of the Atlanta Falcons section of Scientific Football 2009.

Matt Ryan

I did a study on Ryan after his senior season at Boston College and found that his one big negative was a very high bad decision rate. He had 19 bad decisions in 253 pass attempts in the six games I broke down, for a bad decision rate of 7.5%. The worst quarterbacks in the NFL donít ever have percentages anywhere near this level, so I had serious questions about Ryanís ability to get off to a quick start in the pros.

That Ryan posted a 2.4% bad decision rate last year (ranked 16th [as a rookie?! insane]) shows that he passed this test with flying colors, but the real story here is what Ryan did to reduce the mark. The Falcons were able to keep the ball out of Ryanís hands against Detroit in week one by running the ball, so his first test here did not come until the week two game at Tampa Bay. Ryan had only one bad decision in that contest in large part because he was quite willing to throw the ball away. Seven times in his thirty-three attempts, Ryan tossed a ball out of bounds rather than forcing a pass into a situation he wasnít sure of.

That doesnít sound like an impressive thing, but I can tell you it is the exact opposite of what most young gunslingers do. For example, Jay Cutler, a quarterback about whom I have had many comments regarding his risk-taking, threw away only three passes in his first season with Denver. Had he been more open to throwing the ball away, it is possible Cutler would not have made nine bad decisions in only 161 passes. Ryan was quite open to changing his ways while he learned to read NFL defenses and it paid off handsomely in this metric.

I also think it is worth noting that in two of his first four games and three of his first seven games, Ryan had a passer rating below 70. I donít say that to knock him, but rather to point out that as great of a rookie season as he had (and he is the best rookie quarterback I have seen in six years of tape breakdowns), he does have room to become an even better player. That thought should keep NFC South defensive coordinators up at night.

Michael Turner

One of the concerns with Turner moving from San Diego to Atlanta is whether or not he could handle the change in blocking schemes. The Chargers used a man-blocking scheme that centered on a heavy use of counter and isolation plays. Atlanta had a zone blocking history and didnít look like they were going to add a lot of those run types to their playbook, so the question coming into the year was whether Turner would be able to adjust his running style to use more slants and stretches.

His overall production would suggest that he mastered that part of the game, and thus that is what deserves credit for his 2008 numbers, but that isnít entirely true. Turner gained 555 yards on 104 slant-style plays, or 5.3 YPA. As impressive as that YPA is, what may be more impressive is that the Falcons ran 89 counter plays with Turner. He wasnít quite as productive on those (4.4 YPA) as he was on the slant plays, but that Atlanta decided to use man blocking as often as it did is a pleasant surprise. It also means that NFC South defensive coordinators canít just worry about stopping cutback plays when they face the Falcons.

Offensive line run/pass blocking metrics
Player..........Position ..... POA att .. POA yds .YPA ...... POA wins ..... POA win %
Sam Baker .... LT ............... 60 ..... 411 .........6.9........... 52 ............. 86.7%
Justin Blalock..LG .. ...........179 ..... 820 ........ 4.6 .........154 ............. 86.0%
Todd McClure .C .... ............178 .... 844 ........4.7 .......... 149 ............. 83.7%
Harvey Dahl ...RG ..............203 .... 1018 ...... 5.0 ......... 174 ............. 85.7%
Tyson Clabo ...RT .. ............143..... 663 ........ 4.6 ......... 121 ............... 84.6%
Todd Weiner .. LT ................91 ......502 ........5.5 ......... 84 ................. 92.3%

Player .........Position.Pen... Pen Yds...Blwn blk..... Cov...... Gbg.....One-on-one....Sch..........Total sacks.......Total splash plays
Sam Baker ..... LT .....0.............0 ...............0 .............0 ...........0 .............1.25 ..........0.25 .............1.5 .........................1.5
Justin Blalock .LG .. ..1 ...........-10 ..............0............. 0 ...........0 .............0.25 ......... 0.75 .............1.5 .........................2.5
Todd McClure .C .... ..1 ...........-15 ..............0 ............ 0 ...........0 ...............0 ...............0 ..................0 ............................2
Harvey Dahl ...RG ....1 ..........-10 ...............0 ............ 0 ...........0 ...............1 ............ ..0 ..................1 ............................3
Tyson Clabo .. RT......1 ..........-10 ...............0 ............ 0.5 ........0 ..............1.5 .......... ..0 ..................2 ............................5
Todd Weiner .. LT.. ...1 ..........-10 ...............0 .............1 ...........0 ..............1.5 .......... ..0 .................2.5 ..........................3.5

The Atlanta offensive line rightfully got a lot of credit last year for being a dominant run-blocking group. All of the linemen topped the 83% POA win mark, three topped the 85% mark and one (Todd Weiner) did so well that he ranked 4th in the league among linemen with more than 60 POA blocks.

As impressive as the POA run numbers are, letís not overlook their pass blocking abilities. No Falcons lineman gave up more than 2.5 sacks and none of them allowed more than 3.5 total splash plays. Some of this certainly had to do with the conservative nature of their offense, but Matt Ryan did rank 12th in vertical pass attempts. This line had 151 plays where Ryan was chucking it downfield and they excelled in keeping defenders off him.

The one player here that my scouting eye says could be even better than his metrics indicate is Sam Baker. Baker was dominant early in the season, so much so that I would have given him a Pro Bowl berth based on his play in that time. He didnít do quite as well later in the year, but part of that was having to fight off the effects of both an illness and a concussion. Give him a fully healthy year at left tackle and he might vie for individual postseason honors as early as this season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 08-25-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...returning.html

Something we really should do, IMO.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

Something we really should do, IMO.
Quote:
404 - Page Not Found

We could not find the page you were looking for. Please try browsing our site or search for the content you need using our search tool.
Thanks a lot man.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

It's about Chris McAllister returning. Not sure what the article says, though.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's the article. ATL wants us to sign him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-26-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post

I think that's the article. ATL wants us to sign him.

Bingo. I think he'd be worth bringing in. Lord knows it wouldn't hurt with our current secondary and I could easily see it playing out like Foxworth last season. (Starts off as the #4/nickel back and works his way into a starting role.)

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 08-26-2009 at 07:06 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I think he would be worth it. We are pretty tight at CB, but I do want to see what Christopher Owens brings to the table.

Quote:
Roddy White has noticed improved arm strength from Matt Ryan after Ryan's diligent work in the weight room this offseason.
"He can throw the ball farther. He can cut it loose," White said. "He’s got a little more zip." Ryan is 12-of-15 for 114 yards and a TD through two exhibition games. It's hard to get too excited about him in re-draft leagues because of Atlanta's run-first offense, but Ryan's definitely a fantasy starter.
I can't stop getting excited about him and the offense this upcoming season. It will straight up dominate teams.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

“He scrambles better,” Mughelli said. “He doesn’t look like a baby giraffe anymore when he scrambles.”

Good stuff Ovie.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

haha baby giraffe, so true. He used to lean his head forward and run awkward like most taller QBs. Through the first two games, I've seen better mobility, and quicker footwork.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-29-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Our D. Is bad.

Four third and 13 plus downs converted against us on one drive.

Like six or seven in the first half.

Ugh, our corners are so small.

Once again I haven't noticed Peria Jerry.

Grr.

The offense should be great, though.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

That defense was tough to watch. I noticed Peria in the backfield getting some penetration, but he wasn't finishing with the tackle. But yeah, this is really bad if this is what we are going to see from our defense.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Also, the defense isn't bad just because of physical tools. They aren't playing smart. Over and over the HB screen is eating us up.

The DL needs to read that.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Also, the defense isn't bad just because of physical tools. They aren't playing smart. Over and over the HB screen is eating us up.

The DL needs to read that.

Seriously, it's as we've never seen a screen before. Obviously it's a play that can kill you a couple times a game, but we are up to like 8.

And Matt didn't even look overly sharp. Atleast 3 passes probably should have been picked.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Seriously, it's as we've never seen a screen before. Obviously it's a play that can kill you a couple times a game, but we are up to like 8.

And Matt didn't even look overly sharp. Atleast 3 passes probably should have been picked.
Yea, he was taking some risks. But I'm confident in him.

Our defense is lacking leadership right now. Milloy and Brooking did it for us last year. I didn't want Brooking back, but Milloy would have been okay.

The only player I'm liking on D tonight is Curtis Lofton. Plays with some pop, some confidence.

Oh, and Jason Snelling is a guy I really like, too. Have for a couple years now. Runs real hard, real low. Not fast at all, but he has some vision. And a great blocker and receiver. Had an awesome run called back for tripping.

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 08-29-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Erik Coleman has been solid. I like him. He's not amazing, but he's a solid player. I have complete faith in Abe too. Highly doubt he's going all out. I'm going to stand firm on it though. We've got to give McAlister a shot. We simply cannot have Grimes as our number 2. He just gets killed by any tall receiver regardless of how tight of coverage he plays.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Erik Coleman has been solid. I like him. He's not amazing, but he's a solid player. I have complete faith in Abe too. Highly doubt he's going all out. I'm going to stand firm on it though. We've got to give McAlister a shot. We simply cannot have Grimes as our number 2. He just gets killed by any tall receiver regardless of how tight of coverage he plays.
I like Coleman as well. Good player.

Yeah, I was just talking tonight. Abe should be a force.

Grimes is just too small. Although the deep completion he gave up to Vincent Jackson was offensive pass interference.

Houston may have looked worse than Grimes.

I agree on McAlister. Something. And Mike Smith was on a defense with McAlister in Baltimore.

Also, RB Thomas Brown just made an awesome block on the play Redman scored. Got pushed back, then flipped his hips and pancaked Kevin Ellison. Who was a good SS at USC, but NFL.com has him listed as a SAF. Hmm.