Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-04-2010, 05:10 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
WTF is wrong with some of you guys?? Yall would rather have a loosing season and get a good draft pick and watch this team continue to loose rather than having B2B winning seasons for the first time ever w/ way too many injuries?

Thats appalling to me guys...As a fan I always want my team to win idc what the situation.

I dont give a **** if we pick 5 or 6 spots later, we can actually call ourselves winners

Maybe it's just me. I'd rather be in a place to add a stud to a team that needs a lot of help. I don't think this whole offseason and next year the guys are going to go, "Hey, you remember when we won those 3 pretty much meaningless games at the end of the season to go 9-7 and still miss the playoffs? That was awesome" And then be inspired to actually play a decent season next year. Oh well, what's done and done. Terrible season, let's hope breaking the curse actually means something and we do a bit better with FA/draft this off season.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Maybe it's just me. I'd rather be in a place to add a stud to a team that needs a lot of help. I don't think this whole offseason and next year the guys are going to go, "Hey, you remember when we won those 3 pretty much meaningless games at the end of the season to go 9-7 and still miss the playoffs? That was awesome" And then be inspired to actually play a decent season next year. Oh well, what's done and done. Terrible season, let's hope breaking the curse actually means something and we do a bit better with FA/draft this off season.
Really? What player or team does that at all? You think the Steelers were like ZOMG we won the super I'm so motifated...No. These guys are paid to play football and are paid to Win and be prepared for every single game. You really think fans and this orginization will be like hey, you remember that season where we lost games on purpose to pick up that stud player 5 picks earlier than what we could have if we would have had a winning season? Man im glad we got that guy...
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

The difference between #13 and #20 in the chance to acquire a "stud" is pretty minimal, especially since - as we all know - the draft is far from a science.

I actually think that this particular draft will have very little difference between 13 and 20. E.g., based on Kiper's board, it's the difference between Mays (or, at DE, Griffen) at 13 and Graham, Kindle, or Hughes at 20.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At home the Falcons will play Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Carolina, Arizona, San Francisco, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Green Bay.

On the road, the Falcons will play Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Carolina, St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

We play the NFC West and AFC North. The NFL is never the same twice, but it's a pretty sweet deal that we got 2 of the AFC North's best teams at home (Baltimore, Cincy) and their worst team away (Cleveland). Same with the NFC West as we get Arizona and San Francisco at home and ****** Seattle and St. Louis away (sweep the west?).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Really? What player or team does that at all?
Exactly. No one does it. The win means absolutely nothing.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it does. Not a huge deal, but being on the first Falcons team ever to be a consistent winner has to inspire some confident. IMO a losing mentality is the thing that holds back franchises, not talent.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

players don't give a ****. They're happy they are still getting payed and they can rest until summer.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I can understand about being happy about the win and breaking the curse, but damn. Would have picked 13, and we are really not good. We beat exactly 1 team with a winning record and that's because the Colts/Bengals laid down for the Jets. Now we are likely to be the last non playoff team to pick. Oh well. Hope for the best.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think 2007 though. We move up from 10 to 7 and probably are worse off for it. We came close to AP and Landry, but at ten we may have ended up with PWilly or Revis.

Basically, who knows.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 01-04-2010 at 09:45 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we moved down to 8. At 10 we would still get jamaal anderson.

edit: if we lost 1 more game, we would probly end up with peterson or landry.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 01-05-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

apparently the reason why brent grimes was so good at the end was because chris owens thought him how to fly.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-05-2010, 03:45 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

chris owens has a huge neck and a crazy tattoo

id like to shed some light on this

Quote:
BRONCOS: Champ Bailey addresses his future: "Nothing is definite"
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
January 04, 2010 6:46 PM
link
With one expensive year left on his contract, cornerback Champ Bailey couldn’t say for sure if he will be back with the Broncos next year.

Bailey said he would like to be back. He is due $12.5 million next year and couldn’t say without a doubt he will return.

“No. Nothing is definite,” Bailey said. “I don’t know anything. All I know is when it’s time for me to work, I go work, I work hard, I do whatever I can to improve myself every year, and that’s what I’m going to do again this offseason, whether I’m here or not.”

Bailey was asked about the dynamic of new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and the holdover players from Mike Shanahan. Many changes have been made, and many more are likely to come.

“One thing, just to speak generally on something like that – I do understand how this league works and new coaches love to have their guys,” Bailey said. “That’s been a staple in this league for a long time. Whether it’s bringing in coaches you want or players you want, that’s the way it is. If you fit in to what the new coach wants, more than likely you’re going to stay around. Obviously, if coach brings you in, you’re his guy. I am one of the holdovers, so who is to say whether I fit into their future plans or not? I don’t know.”

Bailey said he thought he did fit in with what McDaniels is trying to do.

“I feel OK, I was voted a captain by my teammates and I’ve had several private conversations with the head coach – good ones, some not so good but obviously trying to get something positive done,” Bailey said. “I feel good about the way things are going but it doesn’t matter when it comes down to it, especially around March 1.”
Not saying....just saying

Tony G was a long way off too and he wasnt from Georgia, didnt live in Georgia or go to college there.

He is older and less "stunting" than a Rogers or Bodden would....great character....experienced....and would continue to follow what i want to do...develop our "seeds" under experienced guys
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Yeah, saw that on the AF board. That would be so perfect, it hurts even thinking about it. Come on Josh, you know what you have to do...

Then a DE in the 1st, and maybe some offensive help in the 3rd, and we're rolling.

Incidentally, drafting a DE in the 1st would make the roster decision very interesting, both the 54 and the 45 man versions.

At DE, Abraham, Biermann, and Sidbury are locks to stick around, I think, as are Babs and Jerry at DT. Beyond that, it's very tight. Personally, I think Thomas Johnson and Vance Walker both did enough to stick. Then our 1st DE would clearly stick. That's 8 already.

I think Trey, absent a big charge in TC, may be a casualty, and we'd basically be looking at a straight fight between Davis and Anderson at DE/DT swingman. Anderson is probably more versatile, but has a much higher cap figure; both can be cut this year without any cap penalty, I think.

Very interesting.

Btw, I think Bryant did enough to keep the kicking job next year. Thoughts?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

He doesn't get enough credit, but Chauncey Davis played very well at the end of the season.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

cruising af.com, never post, but cruising and found this

its a recap by a guy called ghoast rider (so full credit goes to him) about TDs interview on 680 the fan yesterday, this will be taken into account in the next day or so when i try to put together my "ideal offseason" from this point on the draft F/A process

Quote:
Back to back was not ultimate goal but couldn't imagine going another two yrs with that hanging over there heads. They are relieved it's behind us.

Looking at personnel changes. We are staring at an uncapped yr and it will be very different from normal yrs. It will have a lot of impact on how we approach things.

19th or 20th pick will be a very good impact spot to pick. Flip will be important. Not as important as the one they got Matt Ryan though.

Got to be cautious if we have uncapped yr. A lot of uncertainty. Not sure how teams will go about it.

There should be a lot of good players in this years draft because of the uncertainty about the CBA. He wants to be creative and possibly getting back in the second round.

He thinks we'll have a full draft. You cannot trade comp picks.

Status of Garret Reynolds: they are very excited about him. He stepped up on STs and got some playing time. He is a developing guy who is versatile. Can play OT or OG. They like him and he is developing.

TD was concerned this yr going into the season with all the youth but he will be comfortable going into next yr now guys got some experience. He is very excited what we did as a run defense this yr. He saw a lot of Falcon helmets around the ball this yr. Feels we are moving in the right direction with the pass defense.

Falcons pitch to FA's is we are heading in the right direction. Great coaching staff and a lot of pieces in place. Need tweaks but not many. There is a lot of upside here. Mike Smith treats his players like men.

Asked about Spiller: thinks he is a play maker. He is a change of pace type of back who can run and catch. Electric ability. He won't be able to take too much of a pounding because of his size.

How other teams do in our division does not play a big part in how we build our team. It is looked at though. We have to find out how we can be more consistent offensively and defensively. What other teams do does not drive us but is in the back of their minds.

He'll be watching Morgan and some other dude tonight. A lot of NFL personnel waiting to see if they declare. He is a big fan of how Iowa and GT play the game.

He is most proud of the way this team fought. They continue to play 60 minutes and to stay in games that could of gotten away from us. Matt and Baker fought through substantial injuries even though they didn't report it as such. He was proud of them and the way they fought back and through them. It sets a tone.

Losing Welker is a big lose and made him think of when we lost HD. He said losing the slot guy is huge. HD is looking good and working hard. He wouldn't of been surprised if he was one of the type of guys that could of been back before the season was over. Looking good.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I'd absolutely kill to have CJ Spiller as our first pick. He'll be long gone though.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

CJ Spiller replacing norwood would be sick.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Yeah - Chris Johnson made CJ Spiller a lot of money this year!

It would be very difficult to pick Spiller ahead of defensive help, but, on the other hand, it's a deep draft and we could get some help at DE/CB in the 3rd. We could maybe even trade Norwood for another 3rd. Norwood is great, but he's not quite on Spiller's level, I don't think.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shayne Graham is a FA, we must sign him! If we had a good kicker we might still be playing.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

we really need a kicker. IDK why we always had problems with this.

the position just always gets overlooked.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-11-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Shayne Graham is a FA, we must sign him! If we had a good kicker we might still be playing.
mate, i dont really follow kickers...is this guy a legit top of the line kicker or a guy who was good but is on the decline?....

TBH if he is good then i dont care how much he costs, get him

its such a stupid way to loose a game and it keeps happening to us
Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

he's a good kicker. Been with the bengals for a long time, now he's UFA. One of the most accurate kickers you'll find, but can still hit it 50+.

http://www.nfl.com/players/shaynegra...e?id=GRA217171

he missed 2 FGs on saturday.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-11-2010, 03:15 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

To be fair, we did try to fix it by signing one of the best kickers in the game two years ago. Then he mysteriously lost it.

Frankly, I think Matt Bryant proved himself to be a pretty reliable kicker. I think we sign someone to compete with him.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Smith and TD Picked their team MVPs.

Offense:
Smith-Gonzo
TD-Gonzo

Defense:
Smith-DeCoud
TD-Lofton
Old 01-16-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Smith and TD Picked their team MVPs.

Offense:
Smith-Gonzo
TD-Gonzo

Defense:
Smith-DeCoud
TD-Lofton
WOW. I could not agree more!!

I'm glad they are thinking the same thing as us. I thought they'll pick like Babs or peterson. Just awesome, that makes my day. Gonzo deserves it too.

Quote:
we all hate you