Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-14-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Bama, about Petigrew, as good of a player he is we will not draft him due to character issues. He was arrested this past summer and I just cant see the Falcons abondoning their stride to get good cgaracter guys. Jermaine Gresham and Chase Coffman are great. I like Gresham more but he will def go first round prolly in the 20's, where Coffman could be in round 2
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coffman I could see in a slot role as well, although he may be able to play some conventional tight end.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just came back from moving stuff up into my apartment. After reading a couple of posts the game doesnt look as bad as the score and stats may dictate. I will definitely need to download the game and watch it.

One quick question though. Someone mentioned Baker's injury. How bad is it? Does anyone know?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Just came back from moving stuff up into my apartment. After reading a couple of posts the game doesnt look as bad as the score and stats may dictate. I will definitely need to download the game and watch it.

One quick question though. Someone mentioned Baker's injury. How bad is it? Does anyone know?
well they didnt say much during the game, Said he got hit in the head or something, He was just sitting on the bench afterwards, seemed to look fine to me maybe a concusion or poked in the eye, not sure really.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that happened was he hit himself in the head and was dazed for a little bit. They had him sit out until his headache went away then he came back. Not serious i would say.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
well they didnt say much during the game, Said he got hit in the head or something, He was just sitting on the bench afterwards, seemed to look fine to me maybe a concusion or poked in the eye, not sure really.
I would have blown my head if he was gone for a +4 weeks or something.

Dang. Ryan starts out 0-8 with 2 interceptions and finishes 13/25 for 158 yards against the reigning number 1 pass D. Talk about composure.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I would have blown my head if he was gone for a +4 weeks or something.

Dang. Ryan starts out 0-8 with 2 interceptions and finishes 13/25 for 158 yards against the reigning number 1 pass D. Talk about composure.

With two INTs that cost us 10 points.... Maybe I've been too hard on him, but today, he's perfectly shown off why I didn't want to take him for the longest time. Average arm and throws too many picks. I hate this "fighter" stuff personally. He got hit hard, and came back and tried to lead his team. Big deal, he led us to a blowout loss. Now if he did anything like what Peyton Manning did today, I'd be more impressed. All I know is Dorsey would have been really nice today. Whatever. We probably didn't like his knees.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, you really are expecting too much out of a rookie QB. He didn't perform well today, horrible in the first half. But you expect that with a rookie QB. The 'fighter' in him is what seperates him from players like Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and JaMarcus Russell. If any of those players started out 0/8 with two interceptions they would cave. They are mentally weak. Fragile. Matt Ryan is not, which is exactly why he can start from day one and look like a NFL QB and the others can not.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Dude, you really are expecting too much out of a rookie QB. He didn't perform well today, horrible in the first half. But you expect that with a rookie QB. The 'fighter' in him is what seperates him from players like Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and JaMarcus Russell. If any of those players started out 0/8 with two interceptions they would cave. They are mentally weak. Fragile. Matt Ryan is not, which is exactly why he can start from day one and look like a NFL QB and the others can not.
damnit.. i gotta spread rep. but QFT!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
With two INTs that cost us 10 points.... Maybe I've been too hard on him, but today, he's perfectly shown off why I didn't want to take him for the longest time. Average arm and throws too many picks. I hate this "fighter" stuff personally. He got hit hard, and came back and tried to lead his team. Big deal, he led us to a blowout loss. Now if he did anything like what Peyton Manning did today, I'd be more impressed. All I know is Dorsey would have been really nice today. Whatever. We probably didn't like his knees.
Serious? We are talking about a rookie QB in his 2nd game ever. Do you expect him NOT to throw picks against the number 1 pass defense from last year? And I dont know about you, but I still feel as if we are in rebuild mode and just glances of our future offense are very exciting.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Being good against the run does not mean making tackles 5 yards down the field. That's pretty much what he did. His complete lack of pass rush is no help either. And finally, he blew the final tackle.
You need to watch the game again, because Jamaal was getting some serious heat on the QB early on and put on a badass spin move I haven't seen him pull off like that before. Had multiple hits on the QB and a few hurries as well. Anderson is progressing VERY nicely. I love it...I think you're just overly salty right now.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
yea he really tries hard, and is very aggressive. He has moves to get past the OL. Led the league in TFL last year, lets hope he can do it again. We need him this year, bad.
I've been saying that for a LONG time I keep throwing that stat out for him as a DT, as a backup he led all DTs for TFL...that's insane. The guy has some serious skills no doubt. I'm glad to have him around. I do think we'll have to look at NT early though. Safety is my top choice though, I have been screaming for a top flight playmaking Safety forever.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

What is also supposed to seperate him is his decision making, which was flat out horrible yesterday. Whatever. He should have a good game against the Chiefs.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is also supposed to seperate him is his decision making, which was flat out horrible yesterday. Whatever. He should have a good game against the Chiefs.
Compare the two halfs and he showed progression. that's all i ask for in this stage of the season.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
No, his decision making was fine. His two picks were just inaccurate throws. That's obviously not good, but the decision making wasn't the problem.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Lol...ATL really misses Vick I guess. Ryan looked like...a ROOKIE! How bout that, but that was only the first half. The second half he looked fine. I'd like to see him settle into the pocket more, but we found out yesterday just how valuable that Mr. Baker is...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing's for sure, he will get better as the year goes on. Playing QB as a rookie, getting thrown into the fire right away in not easy.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Where was Turner on Sunday? My fantasy team is EFFED!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

TB was putting 8 in the box consistently and mike mularkey quickly diagnosed our run game wouldn't be successful. plus we were behind the whole game and needed to pass since we weren't breaking off any big runs.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Ask Mularkey...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
It's your own team! Surely you knew that they were going to stuff the run and put the game on Ryan..?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Default Week 3 Thread: Chiefs @ Falcons

I am looking forward to this game. I want to see how the Falcons bounce back from their loss. I expect a great game from everyone all around. We should be able to get pressure on whoever the Chiefs QB may be and dont allow him to throw to Gonzo or Bowe. If we cannot get pressure though, I expect big games from Bowe and Gonzo (especially Gonzo. I am watching the TB game and Alex Smith is tearing us apart)

Old 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

our LBs played poorly.

i hope our defense displays a better performance from the last time we played the chiefs.. *shudders*
Old 09-16-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I was just starting to get into the Falcons then. I would check the score every Sunday and usually we would win. I check the score and its like 56-10 and I am just thought to myself: no way. Must be a typo.

Cant believe both Priest Holmes AND Larry Johnson (or was it Blaylock?) ran for 4 TDs against us. Thats ridiculous.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Mekias hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There's no way to sugar coat it, Matt Ryan was horrible in the first half. Some of it was definitely nerves as the majority of his balls were high. In other words, he was anxious to get the ball to his receivers and wasn't following through. Also, a few of his passes on the crossing patterns were behind the receiver. That's going to need some work at practice.

After his bad start, he seemed really hesitant. He was late on throws several times because he wanted to make sure they were open before throwing. That allowed the DBs to catch up and disrupt the passes. He also threw away a lot of balls. I understand that it's a smart thing to do when absolutely no one is open but when you're in the redzone, it's very rare that someone will be completely open. Sometimes you just have to give your receivers a chance.

The good thing was that his accuracy improved in the 2nd half and in spite of his hesitancy, he was making better decisions. I really would have liked to have seen what he could have done if we had gotten the ball back down by 8.

In the end, he's a rookie with a lot left to learn. Making the playoffs would be great but I'm far more interested in the Falcons getting better and fighting hard. We all got our hopes up after Detroit but at least for now, we can take solace in the fact that we're not nearly the worst team in the league (in spite of all the pundits saying so in the pre-season).
Mekias is offline   Reply With Quote