Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-28-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TD said we're gonna draft a lot more offence then people think. I won't be a defensive draft. That was even before we signed Dunta Robinson.

Our o-line has to show better pass protection if we want to pass more. I'm guessing we'll draft a WR somewhere in our top 3 picks. First round is still tricky tho, maybe c.j spiller.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
TD said we're gonna draft a lot more offence then people think. I won't be a defensive draft. That was even before we signed Dunta Robinson.

Our o-line has to show better pass protection if we want to pass more. I'm guessing we'll draft a WR somewhere in our top 3 picks. First round is still tricky tho, maybe c.j spiller.

I'd kill to draft Spiller in round one. I'd also love McCluster.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the forum mock we're doing right now on here, I drafted C.J Spiller in the first. Brandon Graham and Spoon were both gone. If someone wants to team up with me just pm me. We're only 1 pick in.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My board would probably look something like...

1. JPP
2. Dez
3. Spiller
4. Spoon
5. Graham
6. Iupati/Pouncey
7. Morgan

I'd be shocked if JPP fell there. Would be surprised if Spiller and Dez made it. But if some of these Dez falling big time rumors are true, I see him as a must get. Then I'll take Spoon over Graham at this point because I like the odds of Biermann/Sidbury at one spot and Abe at the other being good for at least a couple more seasons.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

What about your 3rd round board?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
What about your 3rd round board?

Really depends who's available. I know I'd love to grab McCluster in the third round, but I assume you are talking about the forum draft.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you have Morgan that low?

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:12 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
you have Morgan that low?

I wouldn't be shocked to see many people have him higher, but he doesn't strike me as anything more than a solid NFL player. I'd say he without a doubt has the highest floor of my board though. However, when I'm in the top 20, I'm picking to add a very good-superstar type of player. Considering that we already have some good talent at DE, I'm not going to go jump all over the guy.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, reminds me of Justin Smith for the Bengals.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Yup, reminds me of Justin Smith for the Bengals.
You mean for the 49ers. Justin Smith hasnt been too bad for the Niners though...He had 44 QB pressures, compared to Abraham's 39. I am still unsure of how much of a pass rush ability Morgan can provide. How is his first step? He seems like a balanced DE who could end up like Jamaal Anderson or Chris Long as a good run stopper but unable to be the pass rushing threat that we envision him as a top 20 pick.

But I think we will be very happy with our 1st round selection. There are a bunch of positions we can pick from, allowing us to pick the BPA among:

Joe Haden
Kyle Wilson (?)
Sean Weatherspoon
Brandon Graham
JPP
Derrick Morgan

And then the offensive side of the ball is where it gets interesting. Its obvious that this is not going to be a defense heavy loaded draft like last time, meaning there are some positions to look at on the offensive side. Boldin said the Falcons contacted his agent, so we may be looking for a #2 WR and maybe a replacement for McClure.

Demaryius (sp?) Thomas - terribly raw but very gifted athlete. Maybe a slower (and once again, more raw) Andre Johnson type guy. I would love to pick him up and see how he can develop with the Falcons.

Dez Bryant - I agree with ATL on this one. He may not be a 4.3 or 4.4 guy, but boy does he know how to play. He has huge arms (34 inches is the biggest in the draft. I cant find hand size) and knows how to get up and get the ball. He could be a great red zone threat to compliment White and Gonzalez. His boom or bust status is pretty risky though.

CJ Spiller - Scored a TD in every game this past season? Damn, thats hard to do. Hopefully he can provide the durability that Norwood cant.

Maurkice Pouncey - Physical guy who makes the starting line up awfully young, physical, and well rounded overall.

The first round should be a great one.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
You mean for the 49ers. Justin Smith hasnt been too bad for the Niners though...He had 44 QB pressures, compared to Abraham's 39. I am still unsure of how much of a pass rush ability Morgan can provide. How is his first step? He seems like a balanced DE who could end up like Jamaal Anderson or Chris Long as a good run stopper but unable to be the pass rushing threat that we envision him as a top 20 pick.

But I think we will be very happy with our 1st round selection. There are a bunch of positions we can pick from, allowing us to pick the BPA among:

Joe Haden
Kyle Wilson (?)
Sean Weatherspoon
Brandon Graham
JPP
Derrick Morgan

And then the offensive side of the ball is where it gets interesting. Its obvious that this is not going to be a defense heavy loaded draft like last time, meaning there are some positions to look at on the offensive side. Boldin said the Falcons contacted his agent, so we may be looking for a #2 WR and maybe a replacement for McClure.

Demaryius (sp?) Thomas - terribly raw but very gifted athlete. Maybe a slower (and once again, more raw) Andre Johnson type guy. I would love to pick him up and see how he can develop with the Falcons.

Dez Bryant - I agree with ATL on this one. He may not be a 4.3 or 4.4 guy, but boy does he know how to play. He has huge arms (34 inches is the biggest in the draft. I cant find hand size) and knows how to get up and get the ball. He could be a great red zone threat to compliment White and Gonzalez. His boom or bust status is pretty risky though.

CJ Spiller - Scored a TD in every game this past season? Damn, thats hard to do. Hopefully he can provide the durability that Norwood cant.

Maurkice Pouncey - Physical guy who makes the starting line up awfully young, physical, and well rounded overall.

The first round should be a great one.
No, I mean the Bengals. I don't see Morgan playing in the 3-4, as either a 3-4 end or outside linebacker.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't think you guys are giving Morgan enough credit against the pass rush. He is very good against both the pass and the run. Which means he'll be a solid 3 down starter in the NFL for a long time. He is only a junior, and started for only 2 years. No one talks about how raw he is. Derrick Morgan can still get much better, he has great technique already and he was extremely productive.

The knock on him that I'd have is that like a lot of DE's, he can be pretty inconsistent. He had 5 sacks in the first 2 games of the season and then 0 in the next 3 games. He also ended the year pretty bad, when it mattered most. Bulaga shut him down in the orange bowl, and morgan didn't get a sack nor a tackle.

Inconsistency:

1st Clemson game: 10 tackles, 3 sacks
2nd Clemson game(ACC champ): 2 tackles, no sacks

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-29-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't think you guys are giving Morgan enough credit against the pass rush. He is very good against both the pass and the run. Which means he'll be a solid 3 down starter in the NFL for a long time. He is only a junior, and started for only 2 years. No one talks about how raw he is. Derrick Morgan can still get much better, he has great technique already and he was extremely productive.

The knock on him that I'd have is that like a lot of DE's, he can be pretty inconsistent. He had 5 sacks in the first 2 games of the season and then 0 in the next 3 games. He also ended the year pretty bad, when it mattered most. Bulaga shut him down in the orange bowl, and morgan didn't get a sack nor a tackle.

Inconsistency:

1st Clemson game: 10 tackles, 3 sacks
2nd Clemson game(ACC champ): 2 tackles, no sacks

No, he was a great pass rusher at the collegiate level. But 6'4" 270 pound 4.7 pass rushers, unless they have an unbelievable skill set, usually don't churn out 15 sack seasons in the league.

I expect him to be a solid three down starter at defensive end, who is effective against the run and tallies 6-8 sacks per year.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Completely forgot about someone like Kindle on my board too.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan came to my work the other day, and we had a conversation :) ahh!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Matt Ryan came to my work the other day, and we had a conversation :) ahh!
He's a cool guy. Came to my brothers work last night with Arthur Blank. My bro parked his Audi S5 and Matty Ice tipped him a 20.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sup fellas. So I just got back from Vegas for the 2-1 and on the flight back I sat next to Roddy White and his chick. Was pretty cool and he's a cool guy. Also saw Chris Redman on the same flight. Just thought that was pretty cool.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Listened to a bunch of interviews today with TD, Smith, etc. Essentially, we feel very comfortable. TD already has his top guy and he hopes he makes it to 19. Has a set of 5 players he'd be extremely comfortable drafting. Wouldn't mind moving up, but not too far because that doesn't make sense. Also wouldn't mind moving down if they feel they can get their guy and maybe get back into the 2nd. (New England? TD always mentions having allies. Although, I'm pretty sure we are both aiming for Graham) I definitely think DE is the target... although it could be a smokescreen, TD did mention that OLB is a position that can be filled middle rounds, and that really is true.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well if TD has his 5 guys remaining at 19, im sure we'll trade down.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how long Derrick Morgan will last and how much the Falcons like him. If the Falcons were to trade up, he seems like the most likely guy they'd do it for. I'm hoping they trade back to the later first and pick up and extra second or third. My gut tells me this is a year when the Falcons just stay put in the first, however. One guy we should hope lasts to pick 19 is Clausen. He might attract the interests of a team willing to trade up.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP's first step is that of Jamaal Anderson's.
Derrick Morgan's first step is that of Jared Allen.
Those are the best comparisons I can make of each guy.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually don't jump on board when everyone else seems to be down on a prospect because he's 'raw' or a 'boom or bust' type, but JPP scares the heck out of me. I would not want the Falcons taking him at 19, even guys like Weatherspoon, Graham, Pouncey and Morgan are long gone. I'd prefer a 'luxury' pick like Golden Tate over him. Maybe he's the next Jevon Kearse, but I don't want the Falcons taking that chance at 19.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yea JPP has bust written all over him. Right now we can't afford another one. We need more polished players to win sooner rather then later.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-14-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
JPP's first step is that of Jamaal Anderson's.
Derrick Morgan's first step is that of Jared Allen.
Those are the best comparisons I can make of each guy.

What? JPP and Anderson are both big, ran well, and were raw coming out. However, JPP's explosion is vastly superior to JA.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

JPP is definitely much more explosive than JA.

If Morgan and Graham are off the board at #19, and JPP is there, it would be a really difficult decision. I'd say there's a more than 50% chance that he flames out completely, but there's also a 25% chance that he becomes an All-Pro.

Frankly, I'd pass. I want a sure contributor.

Damn I'll be annoyed if Morgan and Graham are gone.