Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-05-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know at the moment would think the job goes to brian williams, thought he was ok in the first few games of last year and can bring some veteran experiance to the defence. would still rather have one more guy in to play opposite robinson, although in the long run see franks taking over the role. not a big fan for grimes, think end of last year was more to do with the terrible qb play we faced. just cant forget teams just keep throwing 50+ yard completions on our terrible secondary, hope it does not happen this year.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Owens will be playing across from Robinson this year. He's like Decoud from before the 2009 season, unknown, but just too good to not have on the field.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read on ESPN that the Falcons coaching staff really, really wants William Moore to be the starter day-1. They were not pleased with Coleman, and neither was I.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I read on ESPN that the Falcons coaching staff really, really wants William Moore to be the starter day-1. They were not pleased with Coleman, and neither was I.
I have to agree. I honestly think Owens and Moore will do a much better job than Coleman and Williams would.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-06-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, he's not taking part in the Mini Camp, so he's not off to a great start. I really do hope it all works out with him though.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coleman could be good trade bait. But first let Moore earn the job and prove he can stay healthy. I don't exactly agree that Chris Owens is exactly "too good to not have on the field".

I'm extremely excited for Moore and Owens possibly starting. That's exactly what this team needs, and with kroy possibly starting and sid the kid getting a lot more reps as well and spoon at OLB, this should be one season.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

For f*ck's sake, Willy Mo, stay HEALTHY!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Article from NFL.com:

(highlights)

Quote:
Free agent cornerback Dunta Robinson already is an upgrade over any cornerback Atlanta has had in years. It was easy to see that he is a physical player and is very aggressive. Robinson made several plays on the ball and he handled himself well against the Falcons' top two wide receivers, Pro Bowler Roddy White and Michael Jenkins. Robinson told me after the workout that having to practice against Andre Johnson in Houston and having to play against Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne for years has him more than ready to jump right in and take care of business. Even so, Robinson said he's already watched several videos of receivers he'll see more than once in the NFC South, including Carolina's Steve Smith and the Saints' plethora of weapons.
Robinson was used at left cornerback for most of practice -- Brent Grimes rotated with Chris Owens at right corner -- but Robinson told me that he's been training at every cornerback spot.
Quote:
First-round draft pick Sean Weatherspoon was working at the strong side outside linebacker spot with the second unit. He was playing behind last season's starter, Stephen Nicholas. When the Falcons' selected Weatherspoon, he was pegged as a weak-side linebacker, where Mike Peterson is the starter. That doesn't look to be the case, although Atlanta cross-trains players at most positions.
Those are two interesting pieces of info I think. The rest of the article was worth the read, but mostly filled with pablum about Matt Ryan's comfort in the offense, Michael Turner's health, etc.

I hope Owens wins out and has a DeCoud like season. I think Grimes would be perfect as a NB.

Weatherspoon can be a SLB (it can make a big time impact in a scheme like ours) and I would be fine with it. Just as long as we can get Peterson off the field on 3D.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5:03 pm With the Falcons not drafting a DE this year, coach Mike Smith is hoping second-year DE Lawrence Sidbury will improve and see more time in the DL's rotation. "Sidbury ended up playing about 25 percent of the snaps last year," Smith said. "We hope to increase that this year."

3:57 pm Falcons coach Mike Smith talked briefly about Jamaal Anderson's role on the defensive line this season: "Jamaal will probably spend more time at DT in our sub package but will play DE in our base package."
Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE in the base package, hopefully he doesn't start.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

From what I've read it definitely seems like he won't be seeing nearly as much time at DE, while Sidbury is going to see a lot more time this season.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

From what I've heard, Spencer Adkins is making plays and spoon is being tried out at SLB. I know we cross train a lot of them, but how bout that?

adkins at will, lofton at mike, and spoon at sam.

I like that. Adkins will probly be used a lot more this year. Perhaps on running plays and maybe even when blitzing on 3rd downs. Should be interesting to see.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Just took this away from a little article. Thought it was interesting.

"Obviously, our game was changed a lot without Michael and even some of our offensive linemen having injuries," general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. "Harry Douglas was going to be a very important producer for us almost side-by-side with what we thought was going to happen with Tony Gonzalez underneath and then the multi-move routes that Harry Douglas was going to run, we had some high expectations from that offense. We were plagued by injuries from the outset, but I'm proud of how that whole locker room hung in there."

I'm pumped. I wanted a dangerous weapon added to the offense. Hopefully Harry is still the same guy after the knee injury.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 05-11-2010 at 08:32 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Stats I want:

Matt Ryan - 4,000 yards, 28 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 61% completion percentage

Michael Turner 280 carries, 4.8 average, 15 touchdowns

If were going to win 11-12 games, it will have to be with our offense. Time for Ryan, Turner, White and Gonzalez to lead us to the promise land. (John Abraham getting back to 10 sacks would be great too)

Old 05-15-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Stats I want:

Matt Ryan - 4,000 yards, 28 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 61% completion percentage

Michael Turner 280 carries, 4.8 average, 15 touchdowns

If were going to win 11-12 games, it will have to be with our offense. Time for Ryan, Turner, White and Gonzalez to lead us to the promise land. (John Abraham getting back to 10 sacks would be great too)
if our offense is that good, then our defense has to be just as good. Our defense is built to play from ahead. we have all the pass rushers in the world to get it done, and we have the secondary members to stop the pass. We also have a top 10 run defense. We really have all the pieces to make some noise this year.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-15-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
The six-foot-six Anderson said he gained 15 pounds, from 275 to 290, for the new swing role. He saw limited snaps inside last season.

"This is the first time that they've really taken the step to make me more inside than outside and I feel pretty comfortable right now," Anderson said. "I think I got great experience playing inside last year. I'm just continuing to grow at this position and hopefully I can be a valuable asset to this team."

To me this says he's going to be a DT. He might see some obvious run snaps at DE, but you don't get up to 290 to improve your outside pass rush. This does have me quite worried about Peria though. We felt the need to draft Corey Peters in the 3rd round, move Jamaal, and keep Vance Walker and Thomas Johnson? It's pretty clear Babs has one spot locked down with his great play and the contract he has, so all these guys are essentially for one spot (seeing as Babs is always called "The Iron Man" of our line for playing so many snaps.)

I'm not going to act like I broke down hours of film of our DTs, but Vance Walker seemed to show a good deal of promise as a rotational guy,TJ wasn't good, but wasn't down right atrocious like Trey Lewis.

And you can tell me it's because Babs might be suspended, but if he is what are we looking at? 2-4 games?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

this team good, ya.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

T.O. to the Falcons rumors are popping up again

Quote:
Should the Falcons sign Terrell Owens? Do you think the Falcons should go after T.O.? Man, the Falcons can’t sleep on T.O. again, can they?
Some fans don’t think Michael Jenkins is a worthy No. 2 and are not sure that Harry Douglas will make it back from his knee injury. It’s hard to panic in May, but that’s what hardcore football fans do.

Last season, the Falcons got by with Marty Booker, a quiet professional who came to work and did his job, after Douglas went down.
Quote:
YES: THE FALCONS SHOULD SIGN T. O.

*The Falcons want to surround Matt Ryan with weapons.

*How potent would a four-receiver formation be with Roddy White and T.O. in the slot on one side and Tony Gonzalez in the slot and Michael Jenkins or Harry Douglas on the other side. Mike Mularkey could put back on his “Inspector Gadget Hat” and scribble away.

*T.O. didn’t cause any problems in Buffalo. You know, maybe after all of these years in the league he’s no longer a quarterback killer. He will turn 37 in December.

*Veteran wide receiver coach Terry Robiskie and Gonzalez could keep Owens in line. Robiskie used to be a Raider, you know.

*T.O. has averaged 14.9 yards per reception over 15 years and can still get open. He needs just 49 yards to reach 15,000.

*T.O. would help the popcorn sales at the Georgia Dome and give the Falcons some “sizzle” and “star” power.
Quote:
NO: THE FALCONS SHOULD NOT SIGN T.O.

*T. O. is washed up. There’s nothing left in the tank.

*T.O. has thrown his quarterback under the bus in San Francisco (Jeff Garcia), Philadelphia (Donovan McNabb) and Dallas (Tony Romo) and the Falcons can’t risk him turning on Matt Ryan

*T.O. will be an unnecessary distraction, crying in press conferences and trying to bring attention to himself.

*T.O.’s had a nice run. Maybe he should just get on with his life’s work.

*T.O. is a six-time Pro Bowler and five-time first team All-Pro, but hasn’t done it since 2007.
I say a big no to this one, last few seasons his numbers have been up and
down (More down then up) not to mention that the last few season he has
finished in the top 5 with the most dropped passes. And our team chemistry is
good it's no need to bring in a play such a T.O. thats an attention seeker that
would crush the chemistry in the locker

Full story
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...terrell-owens/
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I don't think any of that is rumors. It's just speculation to fill down time.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I say sign him. He would be much better than Michael Jenkins, and at this point in his career, he wouldn't be a bad locker room presence. No one heard a peep from him in Buffalo and even his last year in Dallas.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Most NFL gurus attribute the expected improvement of the Falcons defense in 2010 to the acquisition of CB Dunta Robinson and the bolstering of the outside linebacker spot in the draft. But those close to the team will tell you second-year safety William Moore could have a major impact in 2010.

Moore missed most of the 2009 season after undergoing knee surgery in training camp and battling through a nagging hamstring pull before being placed on Injured Reserve in late October.

Coach Smith made a point to single out Moore after Wednesday's session.

"I think the defensive back group as a whole is going to be the most watched this offseason," Smith said. "We were very interested to see how William Moore came out and practiced," Smith said. "He's practiced very well for the first two days."

One of those areas for Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan and the rest of the offense is the deep passing attack.

Last season, Ryan had 31 completions of 20 yards or more, which was 23rd in the NFL. San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers led the league with 64 completions of 20 yards or more.

The other top quarterbacks in that category were Houston's Matt Schaub (62), Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (61), Dallas' Tony Romo (61), New York's Eli Manning (60), Indianapolis' Peyton Manning (59) and New Orleans' Drew Brees (58).

Baltimore's Joe Flacco, whom Ryan is linked to because they came out in the same draft, had 44 completions of 20 yards or more.

"It's an area where we definitely want to get better and we will," Ryan said Wednesday. "We've been working on that."

The OTAs are the perfect opportunity to go into a breakout session on the deep passing game.

"You have more time in the OTAs to really concentrate on the little details, and you can talk about those things prior to practice," Ryan said. "Then you can come out here and teach it a little bit more. During the minicamp you're really just getting back into the swing of football."

In the seven-on-seven drill, the quarterbacks were rather sharp, connecting on 14 of 15 pass attempts. The only incomplete pass was a drop by fullback Ovie Mughelli.

"At this point we feel like we have that timing established a little bit, now it's about trying to fine tune it and work on some things," Ryan said. "We are trying to push ourselves into areas where we are a little bit uncomfortable so that we can get better."
Old 06-25-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

1:47 pm Three things the Falcons learned in minicamp and OTAs: 1) WR Roddy White looks like he may take the next step to being an elite receiver. 2) The defense has greatley improved. 3) The offensive playbook will be more open in year three of offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey's system.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Roddy White better be elite because we don't have a real #2. I'm hoping Harry Douglas can pick up where he left off his rookie year and Gonzo is still in great form. Matt Ryan really needs to play big for us. That is what our offense is leaning on.

As a whole, this team just needs to stay healthy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
As a whole, this team just needs to stay healthy.

That's pretty much it. We've got the talent. While I really wanted a #2, I think it was probably a bigger issue than it should have been because we weren't running the ball nearly as effectively.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Roddy White improving to elite status is scary. He is already a top 5 WR in the league.

Johnson
Fitzy
Marshall
Wayne
White

Quote: