Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-05-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
The Bucs are not average, they are young.

This reminds me of Falcons vs. Saints last year. Both games came down to the very end and Saint won both of them. You know how their season turned out after that.
It was a good game and this is what I was explaining to most of you fans, (mostly ATL, since he is ignorant). Anyways it was a good comeback by the Falcons. I was disgusted at Stovalls tackling effort on that return. That was a routine tackle. I'm not going to come in and rip on the INT by Grimes call because honestly, it was inconclusive so it may or may not have hit the ball. IDK, it did look like he rolled over it, but who knows.

Falcons have a chance, but I still wouldn't say they're the best in the NFC. All do respect, the Saints are hitting their stride on offense and the Eagles are a much better team with Vick. Packers are among their too. But if Atlanta gets homefield, which it looks like they do (they will definately win atleast 2 of their last 4 Carolina), so it will be interesting to watch.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait till the Saints play the Falcons later this season. The game will be awesome and quite possibly for the division.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Haha. Cool 0-2 against the Falcons. **** happens man. Roddy White was out most of the first game and we still beat you guys. You got smacked by the Saints and Steelers, and have lost to every team with a winning record. Go away.
If Atlanta is so good, why haven't they blown out or smacked the Bucs in the mouth? Each game has been a down to the wire game. You fans really don't have respect. Atlanta escaped with a win today and were outplayed most of the game. I give their special teams a ton of credit and really disgusted that Stovall couldn't make a routine tackle. Also, Matt Ryan really took advantage with Corey Lynch out of position on that 3rd and 20. The Bucs were in cover 2 and he wasn't in positon. Both of those plays really turned momentum around for the Falcons. Grimes made a nice break on the ball on that INT in the end, but I still don't know if that was a pick (and know one really will ever be able to tell).

Looking forward to next year's intense battles
Old 12-05-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
If Atlanta is so good, why haven't they blown out or smacked the Bucs in the mouth? Each game has been a down to the wire game. You fans really don't have respect. Atlanta escaped with a win today and were outplayed most of the game. I give their special teams a ton of credit and really disgusted that Stovall couldn't make a routine tackle. Also, Matt Ryan really took advantage with Corey Lynch out of position on that 3rd and 20. The Bucs were in cover 2 and he wasn't in positon. Both of those plays really turned momentum around for the Falcons. Grimes made a nice break on the ball on that INT in the end, but I still don't know if that was a pick (and know one really will ever be able to tell).

Looking forward to next year's intense battles
Funny. I don't have respect? Go back to the last game we played and even during this game and find one negative comment I made about your team or fans. I only starting trashing you guys when I was getting neg repped and a couple of your fans (notice I said a couple instead of an entire fanbase) started coming in here acting like idiots. I understand some of our fans antagonized a couple of you but you guys have just as many of these types of fans as we do.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been more happier to change the Thread Title then just now.

A) We get rid of the Bucs fans
B) We are playing the Panthers

Speaking of the Thread. Is this the greatest game thread(s) on the internet? Im very certain it is. Page one was ironically created on Matt Ryan's first game back in 2008 vs the Lions. There is a lot of good, bad, and ugly stuff along the pages. Ok, more ugly then anything else, but there is a good reason why there should never be another gameday thread around here.

I like these team battles. I remember back in 2008, the Bears invaded this Thread, and it got real ugly. I think most of them are still banned from ever coming back here again, thanks iloxy. We won that game in the last second and we have the amazingness of page 49 from it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent Grimes has absolutely been sick this year. He sealed the win for us today. The whole season he's had the tightest coverage I've ever seen. I think I've said this before, but we have the best secondary in year. This pic suits Grimes well.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a good game and this is what I was explaining to most of you fans, (mostly ATL, since he is ignorant). Anyways it was a good comeback by the Falcons. I was disgusted at Stovalls tackling effort on that return. That was a routine tackle. I'm not going to come in and rip on the INT by Grimes call because honestly, it was inconclusive so it may or may not have hit the ball. IDK, it did look like he rolled over it, but who knows.

Falcons have a chance, but I still wouldn't say they're the best in the NFC. All do respect, the Saints are hitting their stride on offense and the Eagles are a much better team with Vick. Packers are among their too. But if Atlanta gets homefield, which it looks like they do (they will definately win atleast 2 of their last 4 Carolina), so it will be interesting to watch.

That's a personal attack on me and this is trolling in our thread. Lucky for you, I'm not going to be a little ***** a go running to an admin about it. I'd just like to say though, you really need to toughen up a bit guy. You keep bringing this up as if I raped your mother or something. It's a little trash talk and some honesty, stop being so ******* butt hurt about it.

Quote:
If Atlanta is so good, why haven't they blown out or smacked the Bucs in the mouth?

Yes, the only sign of a good team is blowing everyone out. Excuse me, what's your record against us this year? 0-2? Ah, I see. What's our record on the year? 10-2? Yeah. That's why we are so good.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:39 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And a little something from Abe via twitter

"Thanx for the hats TB we enjoyed the game 10-2 RISE UP"

http://plixi.com/p/61268045
Old 12-06-2010, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Haha that's good stuff.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-06-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Interesting fact. Freeman had 7 incompletion when throwing it 1 v 1 Grimes'es way.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimes stepped up big time this game. I am his biggest hater and Im loving the guy right now, great great job by him.

Still so many issues though before Ill feel comfortable going into the Saints game and the playoffs
Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

For such a bad game by Matt Ryan, the pass block was great.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Interesting fact. Freeman had 7 incompletion when throwing it 1 v 1 Grimes'es way.
Grimes stuck to Mike Will like Glue. Most one of the most underrated CBs in the NFL today. Still not sure that was a INT, but that was one heck of an athletic play and break on the ball.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Please stop trolling in here or I will be forced to report you.

And I found this particular gem to be pretty damn funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Falcons fans have another thing comin' if they think they're going anywhere meaningful in the playoffs.

-Can't run the ball against us
-Weak pass rush
-A team full of whining pu***** like Roddy White led by a trashy coach that looks like a janitor

Enjoy these (lucky) wins while they last because you're not making the Super Bowl this year and this Bucs team will only get better.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 12-06-2010 at 11:24 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand Brent Grimes. Sometimes he is so awesome, but you look back and he's being burnt for a TD.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I don't understand Brent Grimes. Sometimes he is so awesome, but you look back and he's being burnt for a TD.
The hardest part of being an NFL CB is being consistent. Grimes has had his best year yet, and I'm shocked that he's continuing to get better, and we are finally realizing his full potential.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-06-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't understand all the Bucs trash talk. They are 0-5 against teams with a winning record this year.

Falcons have 2 loses vs Steelers and Eagles on the road. Toughest places to play. They kept all the games close, but they are winners and it's not a coincidence they win week to week in the same fashion.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-06-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really hoping we land a guy like Allen Bailey late in round 1
Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Allen Bailey is nice, but there are too many guys that rely on athletic ability in college and fail in the NFL. I wouldn't complain with that pick though, I really would like a pass rusher.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

I ******* love Allen Bailey. He does have slight bust potential, but from watching him his entire college career the guy is an absolute beast.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

We just need some crazy players on defense. No pussies like Jamaal Anderson. Bailey fits that crazy description.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-08-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Anyone see ESPN First Take today?
Skip Bayless says he sees the Falcons as the 9th best team in the NFL

Thats motivation for the rest of the season.....
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't touch Allen Bailey.

One of the most overrated players in the ACC over the past few years.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:36 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

What we need is a pure speed rusher. **** the run, we've got plenty of guys who are solid against the rush - Biermann, Anderson, Davis. We need someone who's going to scare QBs on 3rd down. I'm looking for an Orakpo like guy, someone we could put at LB on run downs (if necessary), and on passing downs stick them at end and say, pin your ears back, go **** up the QB.

For example, Von Miller... or Robert Quinn if somehow his missed year sees him fall. Other options include Ayers, Kerrigan (though less of a pure speed merchant), and Houston. I'd be comfortable trading up with a 3rd to pick one of those guys.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think Houston's stock will rice considerably just as Brandon Graham a year ago. He has great speed and pass rush skills.

Quote:
we all hate you