Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-13-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got plenty of pressure on Sunday. Our whole defensive line played a great game.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekias View Post

2) Houston - I still have no idea what he was thinking when he allowed that last touchdown. He was having a pretty good game too. He was almost a huge goat but hopefully he can learn from this. Let's not forget that he's fairly new to zone coverage (although this was more of a brain fart).
Yeah i was pretty amazed with his stutter at first, but when you watch it a few times you realise that that ball was incredibly well placed and Houston would of only had a shot if he was between the WR and the sideline (which obviously couldnt happen) IMO he made a huge error in hesitating but i dont think thats what caused the completion, i think it would of happened anyway.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He shouldn't have given the TD up. The corner needs to know if the ball gos in bounds the game is likely over.

But I am happy he gave up the touchdown. Best win I have ever seen as a Falcons fan.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Pretty sure we can. A rookie QB having this kind of success is impressive regardless.
I never said it wasn't impressive, but you cannot compare what Matt Ryan does to what Peyton Manning does. It's a totally different set of expectations and circumstances.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I never said it wasn't impressive, but you cannot compare what Matt Ryan does to what Peyton Manning does. It's a totally different set of expectations and circumstances.
While I agree that its a different set of expectations, I think the circumstances balance out. Peyton Manning is a future HoF QB and one of the best at his position in history. Matt Ryan is a rookie in his 6th game as a pro. For him to be facing that kind of pressure and defense while adjusting plays is pretty phenomenal.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He shouldn't have given the TD up. The corner needs to know if the ball gos in bounds the game is likely over.

But I am happy he gave up the touchdown. Best win I have ever seen as a Falcons fan.
Everyone should get over to AF.com and watch the "vantage point" highlight vid...Great work by the guess over there. The vid is awesome shows the chemisty thats developing

edit: how sick was that roddy white catch on 3rd and forever where he lunges for the marker

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-13-2008 at 06:25 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
This would be huge, Ive been calling for this all season, either HD or Norwood back there, they at least give us that chance to make a play, enhancing what already is an incredible all around special teams unit. (KO return, KO cov. PR cov-still # 1 in the league, Field Goals 16/17 FG, thank god for #16)
WOW i love our coaching staff. Watch today's presser. Talks about how they will evaluate our return units over the bye period. Talked about how Jerious' work is overlooked on kick returns AND about how they will look at ways to improve our punt return unit
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
WOW i love our coaching staff. Watch today's presser. Talks about how they will evaluate our return units over the bye period. Talked about how Jerious' work is overlooked on kick returns AND about how they will look at ways to improve our punt return unit

Cut Jennings!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Cut Jennings!!!!!!
Yeah dude for sure. Lets just hope we got a stud on the roster already. Save them draft pics
Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

addition by subtraction baby. who can take over? norwood?

so i am pretty disappointed that we have a bye week. weekends are always so boring and dull without the falcons playing. at the same time though I am happy to get more time to prepare for philly.

before the bears game, i said that if we beat the bears and had a close game in philly, i would consider us legit. i still have the same feelings. mcnabb can really tear apart poor secondaries and i see him having a field day against us unless abraham says something about it. i hope he returns to his dominant self from the packers game. i missed him. as for phillys defense vs falcons offense? that should be flat out fun to watch. eagles love to blitz. ryan has yet to be sacked by a blitz. now their blitzes are a lot more elaborate and i am sure we wont have the same success on 3rd and longs as we did against the bears, but I am curious as to see how Ryan responds to the blitzes. i can see white having another big day as well.

this bye also works out considering i have 2 midterms and an essay due on monday.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I expect the Eagles game to be mostly Michael Turner. They have a below average rushing defense, and Philly has an excellent secondary with three top corners, Dawkins, and an upcoming strong safety in Quinton Mikell.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
I expect the Eagles game to be mostly Michael Turner. They have a below average rushing defense, and Philly has an excellent secondary with three top corners, Dawkins, and an upcoming strong safety in Quinton Mikell.
Yeh i agree, still though, id like to see a high-ish % of pass plays on 1st down. I hate when everyone knows we will run on 1st down. I see Turner having a big game and Ryan making less passes BUT id still wanna see short/intermediate and long stuff to Roddy and the crew on 1st down to keep the eagles from stacking the box and forcing us to pass in obvious situations
Old 10-13-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe. They were 1st in the league 2 weeks ago while allowing only 50ish yards a game. Portis and Gore tore them up though. Hopefully they do not go back to their previous form.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Maybe. They were 1st in the league 2 weeks ago while allowing only 50ish yards a game. Portis and Gore tore them up though. Hopefully they do not go back to their previous form.
Yes lets hope so. Im sure we will game plan like crazy for this game. This game is huge in the fact to show that we are for real and have a shot a playoffs.

Carrying the win into the bye is huge and hopefully we feed off it. Philly also has a bye to prepare so this should be a hard fought game. Gonna be tough for us on the road but I know our run game will be better than it was against the Bears.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My God, sry guys didnt know where to say this b/c I didnt want to start a new thread but I had to vent.

The people on ESPN that make comments after the game on the replies board are absolute retards. Yes these are Falcons fans but they are so dumb. They only see the outer covering of everything and it pisses me off. I can handle having a differance of opinion w/ some of you guys on scenarios or players but listen to this and tell me if Im over reacting...

Multiple ppl are saying that it would be so awesome to have Tony Gonzalez here in Atlanta. Sure id love the guy for a season for maybe a round 5-6 pick but hell no for a round two at the lowest. I hate that these ppl just hear a big name and they act like its a video game and trade draft picks for this guy.

He's old and would cost way to much, of course all of us know this but It just really eats at me that some fans are so ignorant but I gues thats the difference between us on NFLDC and espn and AFMB.

Phew, glad I could get that out, freaking idiots.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

i never take ESPN seriously. I watch the game with the volume down. There just yes men, none really think for themselves. Tony Kornheiser is the worst human ever. Who was that other guy who filled in for him the other day on PTI ? He made me laugh

BUT in saying all that, If we could somehow get John Madden and Emmit Smith to cover a game from the booth together that would be something else...english teachers would be having heart attacks everywhere

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-14-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:47 AM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
My God, sry guys didnt know where to say this b/c I didnt want to start a new thread but I had to vent.

The people on ESPN that make comments after the game on the replies board are absolute retards. Yes these are Falcons fans but they are so dumb. They only see the outer covering of everything and it pisses me off. I can handle having a differance of opinion w/ some of you guys on scenarios or players but listen to this and tell me if Im over reacting...

Multiple ppl are saying that it would be so awesome to have Tony Gonzalez here in Atlanta. Sure id love the guy for a season for maybe a round 5-6 pick but hell no for a round two at the lowest. I hate that these ppl just hear a big name and they act like its a video game and trade draft picks for this guy.

He's old and would cost way to much, of course all of us know this but It just really eats at me that some fans are so ignorant but I gues thats the difference between us on NFLDC and espn and AFMB.

Phew, glad I could get that out, freaking idiots.
Bringing in Tony Gonzalez yes it sounds and looks good paper but it
would never work brigning in a guy as old as he is in a young rebuilding
franchise wouldn't work ( Which is probably the reason we cut Marcus Pollard)
plus giving up big draft picks that he need to improve our defense it makes no sense
but from what I've been hearing the Giants and Eagles are trying to trade for him
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

So it looks like Jennings might be in some strife. I just had a look at AFMB and we have signed Chris Barclay to our PS. I used to sign this guy on Madden (sort F/A by speed lol) so i know who he is.

I have read in other places that was a real good punt returner for Wake Forest.

Quote:
Barclay displayed a 42-inch vertical leap and a 10' 6" standing broad jump. In the 40-yard dash on FieldTurf, Barclay ran a 4.35 with the wind at his back. Against the wind, he recorded a 4.4 40-yard time. arclay has been getting ready for the draft at a workout facility in Atlanta. Later this spring, Barclay will have a private workout in Louisville at Male High School, his alma mater."
Old 10-14-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
So it looks like Jennings might be in some strife. I just had a look at AFMB and we have signed Chris Barclay to our PS. I used to sign this guy on Madden (sort F/A by speed lol) so i know who he is.

I have read in other places that was a real good punt returner for Wake Forest.

I'm not sure why we wouldn't just use Jerious or Dogulas. Considering this guy isn't even on a team, I'm not sure why we wouldn't stick in house.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure why we wouldn't just use Jerious or Dogulas. Considering this guy isn't even on a team, I'm not sure why we wouldn't stick in house.
Well i think there was a 4 way tryout in preseason. I very recently heard Jerious couldnt catch punts in TC and Jennings beat out Douglas(was Douglas drunk?). From what i understand the end result was

Thomas Brown
Adam Jennings
Harry Douglas
Jerious

so when that $%# horse collared what looked like a very good young running back AND our soon to be #1 PR AND #6WR it screwed us more ways they we initially thought

This guy is a good punt returner though man, fast too, he should also be a little more robust than a WR. Wait and see. But how good are they? We complain..they change

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-14-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

So...does Matt Ryan ever pass in the middle of the field? I am remembering his throws and they all go to the outside or near the sideline...

I cant wait til we get a TE to open up the middle of the field.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
So...does Matt Ryan ever pass in the middle of the field? I am remembering his throws and they all go to the outside or near the sideline...

I cant wait til we get a TE to open up the middle of the field.
He hit quite a few slant or in routes.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
He hit quite a few slant or in routes.
Yeah a couple of slants, but even those can be considered more to the outside or near the hashmarks. Its weird because I would have though that rookie QBs like to go to the middle of the field because thats where throws are easiest.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

He's afraid of getting picked off.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
He's afraid of getting picked off.

Anything but. That's been one of the thing I've liked. No more Joey Harrington cringing for dear life any time a defender gets within a foot of him so he dumps off a short pass.