Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
That's real cool man, im jealous. It's weird, i've been canceling plans with my friends all these sundays and this sunday there is really nothing going on.
ya but ust think, even w/ us not playing this week, Carolina could lose, the Bucs lose and we would take over first place...Wouldnt that be something.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
ya but ust think, even w/ us not playing this week, Carolina could lose, the Bucs lose and we would take over first place...Wouldnt that be something.
That would be great, but the thing is, our schedule is really picking up right now and it's getting scary and idk if we could be holding that #1 spot.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be great, but the thing is, our schedule is really picking up right now and it's getting scary and idk if we could be holding that #1 spot.
Ya we got thru the first part of the schedule better than most expected.

If you break up our season into 3 parts it goes like this...

1st 6 weeks: 4-2
2nd 6 weeks: 2-3, wins over Oak and Carolina
Last 5 weeks: 3-2, wins over TB, MIN, STL

I mean that is very realistic and has us finishing at 9-7, not to mention we could beat Denver considering their rush D and also to see how we come off a bye week playing Philly.

So if we look at it in a way that we only need 5 wins the rest of the way, we could have a shot at a wildcard birth, which none of us expected at the beginning of the season.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya we got thru the first part of the schedule better than most expected.

If you break up our season into 3 parts it goes like this...

1st 6 weeks: 4-2
2nd 6 weeks: 2-3, wins over Oak and Carolina
Last 5 weeks: 3-2, wins over TB, MIN, STL

I mean that is very realistic and has us finishing at 9-7, not to mention we could beat Denver considering their rush D and also to see how we come off a bye week playing Philly.

So if we look at it in a way that we only need 5 wins the rest of the way, we could have a shot at a wildcard birth, which none of us expected at the beginning of the season.
9-7 would be sweet, i think we can even upset some teams maybe when we're at home. Idk if we beat TB though, idk but whenever we play that team i get a bad feeling, i dont like them.

I didnt expect us playing this good, but i wasn't one of the guys saying we'll get 3 or 4 wins. Every year, regardless of what happens in the offseason im expection playoffs and looking forward to the championship, because as a fan you can only wait so long. The time is always now, can't look to the future all the time, yesterdays future is always here.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
9-7 would be sweet, i think we can even upset some teams maybe when we're at home. Idk if we beat TB though, idk but whenever we play that team i get a bad feeling, i dont like them.

I didnt expect us playing this good, but i wasn't one of the guys saying we'll get 3 or 4 wins. Every year, regardless of what happens in the offseason im expection playoffs and looking forward to the championship, because as a fan you can only wait so long. The time is always now, can't look to the future all the time, yesterdays future is always here.
Ya I didnt think we would only get 3 wins, I was looking more around 6, which would be great considering what we have gone thru as a franchise. Of course I always hope for playoffs and championships, but honestly none of us really thought the Falcons would be playoff contendors at all.

Now that we can even say we have a shot is huge, just shows how fast we are growing as a franchise under TD and Smitty. I just hope we arnt the Browns of last yr.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Ya I didnt think we would only get 3 wins, I was looking more around 6, which would be great considering what we have gone thru as a franchise. Of course I always hope for playoffs and championships, but honestly none of us really thought the Falcons would be playoff contendors at all.

Now that we can even say we have a shot is huge, just shows how fast we are growing as a franchise under TD and Smitty. I just hope we arnt the Browns of last yr.
I dont think so...

Matt Ryan > Brady Quinn

Sam Baker > Joe Thomas... yea i said it.

... i think our FO and staff got everything straightened out and i trust them.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont think so...

Matt Ryan > Brady Quinn

There is no way Baker's better then one of, if not the best LT in the game.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was saying 3-13 to 6-10 before the season. After the Lions win I said 7-9 to 9-7.

I feel freat as a Falcons fan.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've said from before the season started, when the preseason ended. The Falcons will not win less than 6 games, my prediction was 8-8 (but I didn't expect a win against Green Bay @ Lambeau) and we had a possibility of 10 wins. Now...we've one upped my prediction already.

We're going to hand it to Oakland. We're going to pwn Carolina, and Tampa, and we'll split with New Orleans. We'll beat the Rams, so that's 9-7 right there. Denver is a possibility of a win, and that would put us at 10-6...I still believe we could sneak in another win that people aren't expecting. But I'm going to hold with my 8-8 and smile when I was wrong. I was blasted everywhere for saying this team had 10 winnable games on their schedule. Then...and we won one I didn't consider winnable.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
There is no way Baker's better then one of, if not the best LT in the game.
He defenetly is not, Joe is better but i just wanted to got with Sam Baker the way help us out so much this year.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 10-18-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baker has been a huge difference maker this year no doubt.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We are 4-0 with Sam Baker playing...
Old 10-18-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I dont think so...

What the ****? LOLOL
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
What the ****? LOLOL
Quote:
He defenetly is not, Joe is better but i just wanted to got with Sam Baker the way help us out so much this year.
We love our Sam Baker, i know joe thomas is waaay better, Sam is good but doesnt compare to joe's physical tools.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-18-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
White emerges in Atlanta

While rookie sensation Matt Ryan has received kudos for his brilliant performance in his first season, league observers are hailing the emergence of wide receiver Roddy White as one of the keys to the Falcons' success. White, the team's first-round pick in the 2005 draft, has been outstanding this season, and his rapid development over the past two seasons has drawn rave reviews from league officials.

"He is a really good player," said an AFC personnel director."His speed is impressive, and he has learned how to separate from coverage. Although he still drops the easy one occasionally, he has become an impact player in their offense."

After becoming the first Falcon to top the 1,000-yard receiving mark since 1999 a season ago, White has taken his game to an all-pro level in his fourth season. White currently ranks second in the league in receiving yards (566), and his 35 receptions are seventh in the league. With three 100-yard receiving days in the team's first six games, White is on track to surpass his career highs in receptions (83) and receiving yards (1,202) that were established a season ago.

In looking back at White's surprising 2007 season, it should be noted that he played with three different quarterbacks (Joey Harrington, Chris Redman and Bryon Leftwich) while posting the third most receiving yards in the NFC. Thus, it's no surprise that the speedster has been productive with a rookie Matt Ryan at the helm. Although they didn't get off to a great start, the duo has been on fire since White's breakout game against the Chiefs (five receptions for 119 yards and one touchdown) and that performance ignited a sizzling four-game stretch where White hauled in 29 receptions for 453 yards and three touchdowns.

"He has been impressive," said an AFC personnel executive. "We knew that he had the talent and speed to be big-time player in this league, but this year he is simply becoming more reliable."

With his game rounding into form, White has set his sights on moving into the ranks of the elite, and his postgame comments after the Falcons' win over the Packers reflect his burning desire to be considered among the best:

"I feel like I can be an elite receiver in this league, and that is something I want to show every week," White told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Though it may be a bit premature to move White into the ranks of the game's elite, it is not too early to single the speedster out as one of the league's top young receiving prospects.
White is actually on pace for 93 and 1500 yards. How ridiculous is that?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
White is actually on pace for 93 and 1500 yards. How ridiculous is that?
He could have more then that because Matt Ryan is improving as evident in the last couple of games, Roddy and him really are starting to connect now.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-19-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
So it looks like Jennings might be in some strife. I just had a look at AFMB and we have signed Chris Barclay to our PS. I used to sign this guy on Madden (sort F/A by speed lol) so i know who he is.

I have read in other places that was a real good punt returner for Wake Forest.
He's not in Madden 09 :(.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:50 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I dont have 09, not enough changes to franchise mode. 08 was the last i had
Old 10-19-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Matt Ryan should be enough of a franchise change.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:55 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

he wont stop my rookies from becoming 27 years old as soon as i give them gloves lol
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On the heels of the Dolphins’ success with direct snaps to RB Ronnie Brown in the “Wildcat” offense, sources in Atlanta say the Falcons will begin using their own version of the scheme — the “Dirty Bird” — more often when they return from their bye week. In Atlanta’s alignment, RB Jerious Norwood takes the snap out of the shotgun formation. The Falcons have been looking to get Norwood, who averages 6.8 yards per carry, more involved in the offense, and this is one way to do it.

Sweet. Anything that gets Jerious more touches is golden.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sweet. Anything that gets Jerious more touches is golden.
I hate that the Dolphins are getting all the credit for that. We instated that into our game plan the same week they did. Before they ran it even.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I hate that the Dolphins are getting all the credit for that. We instated that into our game plan the same week they did. Before they ran it even.

True, but the Panthers did it 2 years ago against us with DeAngelo Williams, so I guess they should get the credit.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
True, but the Panthers did it 2 years ago against us with DeAngelo Williams, so I guess they should get the credit.
Idk who you can give the credit to, but i've seen it happen everywhere... in CF football and in high school.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-19-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

where is this article saying we will use our version of the "wildcat" formation??