Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-14-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so if i understand correctly, the falcons need to win out and the bucs need to lose a game. that's what i got from the yahoo playoff scenario generator.

is that right?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Falcons fan living in Chicago, it is great reminding the Bears fans about that game. All of them agree its the most heartbreaking loss all year and the most heartbreaking since the SB loss.

As a teenager working at Costco, I worked today like all Sundays. Except today i found out on our TV in the break room we have NFL Sunday Ticket (along with NHL whatever for those Monday thru Fridays). So I watched from the beginning til the Turner TD and then later from a few plays before the blocked punt till OT started. I really wish I could have watched the rest, but i couldnt. But I saw highlights, and that PA fake to Norwood and to Turner and then the pass to Norwood was such a good play.

We needed the win, and next week, i dont have to work when they play the Vikings, which is on TV here in Chicago, just the 3rd Falcons game to be on FOX all year here.

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, we do not need anyone to lose I do not think. Right now we are the sixth seed due to us having a strength of schdule edge over the Buccaneers.

I want to be safe and win the next two, though. The Cowboys played a great game, but they have some tough games coming up against the Ravens and the Eagles, not sure in what order. The Bucs have a easier schedule, they play the Chargers and Raiders at home.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
No, we do not need anyone to lose I do not think. Right now we are the sixth seed due to us having a strength of schdule edge over the Buccaneers.

I want to be safe and win the next two, though. The Cowboys played a great game, but they have some tough games coming up against the Ravens and the Eagles, not sure in what order. The Bucs have a easier schedule, they play the Chargers and Raiders at home.
Ravens go to Dallas. Should be a good one considering the Ravens now are fighting for a playoff spot. Then Dallas goes to Philly to wrap things up, and Im sure there is nothing more the Eagles want than to ruin the Cowboys season.

If Dallas wins out they deserve to be in it.

Lets hope the Chargers fight for their very tiny bit of hope they have left and beat the Bucs.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:18 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

We have to win out. If we do that, I think we've got a shot.

The Chargers still have plenty to play for - if they beat the Bucs, and the Broncos lose, then they get to play the Broncos at home for the division title. They won't know whether the Broncos have lost, so they will be playing for their playoff lives. They have plenty of talent, so hopefully they put it together.

Then the Cowboys must surely lose to the Ravens or Eagles away. They might even lose both. If they win both, then they deserve to be in ahead of us.

That home loss to the Broncos could be the killer.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what happens if we finish with the same record as Carolina? They still have to play @New Orleans and the Giants.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this "what if" talk. Just keep winning baby.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Williams for the vikings will miss the next 2-6 weeks.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are so close to playoffs. Damn.

Pat Williams is out 2-6 weeks! I am a lot more confident about the Minny game. I doubt T Jackson has good games back to back too.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

damn good that Fat Williams is out.... too bad that suspension didnt hold up cuz then both would be out

We need this win bad. Bears fans want them to lose just as much as we want them to win. Bears fans had high hopes since the SB, and been disappointed since, but either way, if we win this one, the Rams one will be much easier, so if we win out, Im sure we get in

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-15-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Turner can get going a bit, I am sure Ryan can take advantage of the 22nd ranked Minny D. As for their offense. All we have to do if force T Jack to beat us with his arm with Abraham breathing down his back. Abe's sacks come in bunches and I think we have been saving him for this time in the season. He is a lot better off, stamina wise, than their LT and RT. We just need to stop Adrian Peterson. Lofton will be huge this game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-15-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Glad Baker got some snaps yesterday to shake off the rustiness. He'll need it against Allen. Good thing is, with Pat out, we can double Kevin and also chip Allen.

Just a ridiculously big game next week. To be honest, it's going to be very tough to go into their dome and win. However, anything is possible with this team, so we shall see. Can't wait for Sunday!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
If Turner can get going a bit, I am sure Ryan can take advantage of the 22nd ranked Minny D. As for their offense. All we have to do if force T Jack to beat us with his arm with Abraham breathing down his back. Abe's sacks come in bunches and I think we have been saving him for this time in the season. He is a lot better off, stamina wise, than their LT and RT. We just need to stop Adrian Peterson. Lofton will be huge this game.
yeah i thought that Minn defense was whack but they held the cardinals in check for most of the game.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
yeah i thought that Minn defense was whack but they held the cardinals in check for most of the game.
I can't trust the consistency of the Cardinals. If a team doesn't have a run game to set up their pass, it just seems kind of shaky to me. Once in a while, you will have games where nothing works.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Mekias hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can't believe we have a chance to go 11-5 and still not make the playoffs. At least that's what the AJC says.

Regardless, this season has been an incredible surprise and has given me a lot of great moments and hope for the future. If we miss the playoffs, I'll be irritated but it doesn't take away from the incredible season the Falcons have had.
Mekias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

There's not really much point worrying about it until we beat Minny. Without that, we don't have a chance.

As I said before, if the Cowboys beat both the Ravens and Eagles away, they deserve to go to the playoffs, and we'll be punished for losing that home game. If we narrowly miss, we'll have to deal with it; as a positive, I'm sure it would just serve as extra motivation for our guys for next season...
Old 12-16-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Atlanta needs to just worry about Minnesota and let everything else they cant control happen

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-16-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preo32 View Post
Atlanta needs to just worry about Minnesota and let everything else they cant control happen
Sure help with pat out. I hope we can stop peterson.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
David-

I'm pretty sure the mistakes will be looked at from last weeks game and we will come out on top :) The Falcons this year has impressed me over and over! Good luck team!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by David- View Post
I'm pretty sure the mistakes will be looked at from last weeks game and we will come out on top :) The Falcons this year has impressed me over and over! Good luck team!
It's amazing how fast this team has transformed. Everyone was saying it was a 3-4 year rebuilding process for the falcons, but no. They have come out this year blazing and didnt back down from anyone.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-17-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I just love it when i got to AF.com and the first thing is see is "Wire, falcons defense prepares for Peterson".

Just reminds me how unexpected players stepped up so much this year. Like Roddy White and Michael Turner making the probowl. Like Matt Ryan rookie of the year bound. Like Abe 15.5 sacks through 14 games. Like our CB actually playing really well (chris and foxy). Like Jenkings and Babs great year and new contract. The list goes on, i love this team.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Yup... probably my favorite ATL team in a long time... but then again, During the SB33 run, Terance Mathis did move in next door to me, so I am a big fan of that team as well

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

The only 2 ways to clinch a playoff spot this weekend is if:

ATL wins, TB loses and DAL loses

Or

ATL Wins, TB loses and PHI loses

But personally, i want all those 3 to lose and then we win so that way I think we clinch 1st WC, but probably not and thatll be decided week 17

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

The Chargers are a talented team. With the way the Bucs defense is performing, who knows. I doubt a team that good goes on a 3 game losing streak though.

A Dallas loss is probable. Who does Philly play?

Old 12-18-2008, 02:50 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

I actually think there's a decent chance that Carolina loses against the Giants and Saints. If that happens, we could still even take the division, I think.