Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-22-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly, Im hoping the Bears make the playoffs now as the division leaders. If Carolina wins, we face the Cards or the Bears/Viks. Personally, i think the Bears are overrated and get lucky more than anything. I watch em a lot as i live here, but they arent as good as their record. Orton is good, Forte is good, and the D is very inconsistent. Thats why they coast around .500 and blow leads all the time. I honestly think if we play the Cards or Bears, we are going to the next round. Against the Vikings.... much tougher in the playoffs. Hopefully it all works out and we get the bye that would help us a lot more.

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

what a weekend! love it ...more to come
Old 12-23-2008, 06:59 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

If we get that 2nd seed, I feel very confident we can beat anyone at home. Then it will get really interesting!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go saints!! If they win there is a great chance we take the division. Wow. what a crazy year. Just when you think you know.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I want to face Chicago, but playing in Chicago will be hard if we have Wildcard.

I would rather play Vikings in the Metrodome (even that sounds hard) and the Bears at home.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I think it's about 50/50.

Carolina is obviously better than NO, but homefield has been EVERYTHING in our division - let's hope it carries on that way.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

yup we need the NFC South homesteak to stand this weekend. I honestly, believe that any NFC playoff team could beat any other on any given day, so if we win the division and get the bye, it helps us a lot. Hell, I'd love to see us play against the Giants at their place. Sure, it wont be easy, but if we get there, itll be a great season no matter what

Gettin ahead of myself. Lets just stick to the "ATL wins, CAR loses" prayer

Oh yeah, in one of my fantasy football leagues, i am considering starting all Falcons players. Its for 3rd place, so no biggie, but im losing by 6 and also have Westbrook, Antonio Gates, Chris Johnson and Larry Fitgerald. If i start all Falcons itll be

QB - Ryan
RB - Turner
RB - Norwood
RB/WR - Douglas
WR - White
WR - Jenkins
TE - Peelle
D/ST - Falcons
K - Elam

Im really considering. Otherwise ill start Fitz over Jenkins, Johnson over Douglas, Westbrook over Turner and Gates over Peelle, so well see once we get closer to Sunday

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL South homestreak is great and all, but **** that. Saints need this win bad. If they dont win, then they might not get the division next year. If they win, then we get the division, and the NFC South last-to-first is still alive.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-24-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Yeah thats true.. they need to win for themselves next year

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-24-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

on another note, im happy we are playing one game where we dont have to win bad. We can rest some guys, and play some youngsters ala DeCoud, Nicholas, Bierrman.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Yeah, hopefully we can jump out to a lead and then starting resting guys.

However, I really hope the team themselves aren't thinking like that, or we could be in for a shock! I doubt they are, though...
Old 12-28-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

easy win and veteran players resting didnt quite work out but it was a great game, and so close to win the division.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-28-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. Looks like White will be 4th in the league in receiving yards and 3rd in the NFC.

:/ he really slowed down at the end of the year.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

damn saints.

however, got to love the humiliation for tampa.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

im so happy Tampa didnt make it... they are probably my least favorite team in the league. I dont even mind the Saints or Panthers compared to Tampa.

Saints blew it... down 20, they take a lead and blow it. that KR fumble that Carolina picked up and returned for a TD is really the killer. Even if the Saints didnt score on the drive, Panthers woulda had a tougher time scoring.

Oh well, we get Arizona, who I think we can beat. They were slaughted by the Vikings at their place the week before we beat Minny in their building, so that helps a lot. Hopfully, for our sake, Anquan Boldin is still out, though with Warner basically being a Drew Brees with more options, it wont make much of a difference, with Steve Breaston showing up to play

I think we can win though.

As for the 2nd wild card, the Bears blew it. Everybody here is so disappointed. I mean, all they had to do was win. since TB and DAL lost, they woulda clinched it with a win, and they lost. Tough season for the local fans here, but I aint mad.

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-29-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we can't get caught behind early against the cards. we just gotta ram the burner down their throat and sprinkle in some bootlegs and play actions. matt ryan has come down to earth the last two weeks and i dont like the falcons being the overwhelming favorites.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:02 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of worried about our play the past few weeks. Especially offensively, in the passing game. Our rushing attack has been on point, but we need to get our rythem back in the passing game.

Next week should give us an opportunity to do that. We can win. We need to make big plays defensively, both rushing the passer and intercepting passes.

Should be a good game.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

yeah Turner's been playing well, and Norwood is bustin out the big plays in the game before the big one, so that helps, especially since its not like Arizona is gonna be able to run it on us, since they barely run it at all. If we pressure Warner enough to force some bad throws, I like our chances

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should be in good shape for this one. Matt Ryan needs to play much better though.

Im sure he is going to prepare like crazy for his first playoff game.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Turner and Norwood will be the difference IMO, as long as we figure out a way to stop Fitz and Boldin, who said there people that think he wont play are not bright, which means Warner has his big options back. 3 of the top WRs from this season in the same game, plus the ROY (Im guessin Ryan is gonna win it) and with the #2 rusher in the league, it should be a fun one

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling more confident after reading that the Cardinals were 6-0 against the NFC West (49ers, Seattle, Rams) and only 3-7 against teams outside of their division.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

yeah and i like how they show dumb stats like Warner is 5-1 or sumthing like that all time against the Falcs and they show the Falcs vs Cards record against each other... these teams are now playoff teams. They are different players. Its useless stats most the time. Only stats that matter are ones from this year. Like that 6-0 against NFC West... that shows that the Cards are good at beating mediocre teams, which Atlanta isnt cuz its a playoff game. We went 4-0 against the NFC North and 3-1 against the AFC West, and although those are not good divisions, that means we beat 2 playoff teams... and both those wins were in their building

Atlanta has 2 more wins than the Cards, and most of our wins were more impressive than theirs. They have 1 win against a playoff team, against Miami in Arizona.. they beat the Cowboys in OT at home, and they arent in the playoffs. And they were killed by the Vikings, Pats, Jets and Eagles, 2 of those home games.

Atlanta has beaten 3 playoff teams and got robbed of a chance to beat Philly, and other than our first 2 loses at Carolina and at Tampa Bay, all the other loses were within range.. the Philly game looked worse than it was if anybody remembers that. We lost to Denver by 4 and NO by 4, so we dont get blown out... this team has come far since its 2-2 start. In fact, if we win and Philly wins, I like our chances against Carolina. That would be an excellent game.

At this point, the more I look at it, I like the Falcons chances more and more. I originally picked Atlanta to win by 4 in a game where each team scored in the 30s. Now, im predicting more of a 34-27 kind of game... we wont always stop the Cards, but as long as we rack up the points, i like our shots. If could be more lopsided that what i picked....

Atlanta Falcons
Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I just came back from a family vacation, and I still can't believe we are in the playoffs and our QB just won ORotY honors.

Damn!

Our gameplan has to be similar to the one we executed against the Saints, Broncos, and Chargers. I like the fact that we have had so much practice against a team like the Cards. We have to run, run, run and keep the ball away from that explosive offense.

I like the fact that Turner seems somewhat fresh still. Their defense (it seems undersized to me...) must be tired. After all that Turner, they will have to face a healthy Norwood that didn't even get 100 carries this season (i think). That will be the key to the game. If that doesn't pan out, Matt Ryan is going to have to win a shoot out.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I just saw that anatomy of a play and that **** was just sick.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-01-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, happy new year. :D

Quote:
we all hate you