Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-03-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Anderson is soft. He is not playing today.

He has had a high ankle sprain for a while. In the regular season I could understand. Not in the playoffs. Pat Williams will play at defensive tackle with a broken shoulder. LaDainian Tomlinson might play with a detatched groin. I'm watching the Army High School All American game, and Tajh Boyd, a quarterback from Virginia, played last season with a torn ACL.

He obviously helps us against the run, seeing what St. Louis did to us. Luckily the Cardinals are primarily a passing team.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think chauncey davis will do a better job anyways.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depth is a big asset on the defensive line, though. Hopefully we can neutralize the Cardinal's rushing attack and let our defensive ends pin their ears back and rush the passer.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello friends. Iloxy, you aren't here, and I just came back, but Jamaal Anderson still ******* sucks. I only wanted him available for depth reasons, but it's good to know that the superior player (Davis) will get the start. I suppose it might downgrade us in the run, but hey, the only reason he's good against the run is because he cannot get past the OL anyway. Davis will do more then fine.

I just have to hope Matty Ice returns to form. He's been god awful these last few weeks.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Where have you been? You have been missed.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Where have you been? You have been missed.
I know. I missed you all as well, but papa is home. ATL wasn't a very good boy and got banned.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I got banned somewhere inside your ban.

Oh well, the family is back together. Except Iloxy.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I got banned somewhere inside your ban.

Oh well, the family is back together. Except Iloxy.

We can consider him the ginger who was disowned from the family.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He would probably argue, but I think it is safe to say we were right on Jamaal Anderson.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome back man. Nice to see us reunited in the playoffs though.

:( I miss iloxy.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
He would probably argue, but I think it is safe to say we were right on Jamaal Anderson.

Actually, I'm not sure. Video evidence has shown that 14 of Abraham's sacks come from Jammal Anderson pushing the pocket and the QB right into Abe's arms!

Really though, I think this might be the most telling:

Kroy: 21 tackles, 2 sacks
JA98: 27 tackles, 2 sacks.

Ouch. Even more embarrassing?

Davis: 38 tackles, 4 sacks.

But yeah, it looks like we were right on him and Taylor Mays. I might get killed for this, but picking in the mid-20's? I wouldn't mind giving Michael Johnson a shot.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Actually, I'm not sure. Video evidence has shown that 14 of Abraham's sacks come from Jammal Anderson pushing the pocket and the QB right into Abe's arms!

Really though, I think this might be the most telling:

Kroy: 21 tackles, 2 sacks
JA98: 27 tackles, 2 sacks.

Ouch. Even more embarrassing?

Davis: 38 tackles, 4 sacks.

But yeah, it looks like we were right on him and Taylor Mays. I might get killed for this, but picking in the mid-20's? I wouldn't mind giving Michael Johnson a shot.

That is emberrassing.

With most teams I actually would be opposed to Johnson. But with our great defensive line coach, and John Abraham to learn from...he could be dangerous.

Abraham knows every move in the book, and when I watch Johnson that seems to be his problem.

If we do lose Abraham to injury at any time, our defense would go down extremely fast. Really, he is our only consistent pass rush threat. Babineaux, Chauncey, and Biermann get it at times, but not consistently.

We need another pass rush threat.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
That is emberrassing.

With most teams I actually would be opposed to Johnson. But with our great defensive line coach, and John Abraham to learn from...he could be dangerous.

Abraham knows every move in the book, and when I watch Johnson that seems to be his problem.

If we do lose Abraham to injury at any time, our defense would go down extremely fast. Really, he is our only consistent pass rush threat. Babineaux, Chauncey, and Biermann get it at times, but not consistently.

We need another pass rush threat.

Yes we do. And that's why I really like Michael Johnson for us. Ignore the hometown crap and all that. But we really need another pass rush. As much as I'd like Abe to last forever, he won't. So I'm saying start by having Johnson in on third downs for 98, and work his way up to Abe's future replacement. Because, I'd love Mays, but his hype has gotten way to high. Same with my man Crabtree.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Right now there are quite a few options. We will know more after free agency.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Right now there are quite a few options. We will know more after free agency.
Indeed. I'm pretty excited right now though. 40 minutes until the Ice man cometh.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like the idea of selecting Michael Johnson.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-03-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I'm psyched for the game. It feels odd having a playoff game after last season. I'm nervous, because I'm not sure how Matt Ryan is going to respond or how our defense will react to their passing attack.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I'm psyched for the game. It feels odd having a playoff game after last season. I'm nervous, because I'm not sure how Matt Ryan is going to respond or how our defense will react to their passing attack.
The best thing we can hope for is a good amount of pressure, and limit YAC. They are Larry Fitz and Anquan Boldin. They are going to make catches, and do damage. We just have to contain it. The big guy today is going to be Babs. If he can bring the heat with Abraham, it's going to do wonders for our secondary. Chris Houston as well. He's been very weird. Sometimes shut down, but he always finds a way to sneak in a stupid mistake or two. Hopefully he plays up to these WRs.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this is a big one for both teams. Yesterday i heard that the Cardinals and the Texans are the only teams to not make a Conference Championship game since the start of Conference Championships... thats awful considering the Texans have been around since 2002 and the Cardinals have been a team for a long time. Either way, I don't see them making a conference championship soon, but this should be a good game and hopefully it goes our way.

I remember our last 2 Conference Championship games.... Damn Eagles were the ones that got to us

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

That and hearing Jamaal Anderson isn't playing is all I need. I'm off to watch until halftime.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

get on IRC fools.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-03-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to have you back ATL, missed ya man
Old 01-03-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well, we are winning and we get the ball on the kickoff. Hopefully we can do some more damage.

That Boldin TD was awful by us. 3rd and 9 i think and then Anquan was so wide open and Milloy made a bad read on the angle.

Chevis Jackson with the nice awareness to get a key pick.

But that Roddy White drop killed me... thank God we scored on that drive

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Yeah, that drop was brutal. Sam Baker is getting blown off the ball. Better off with Weiner at this point. But the Cards came out fired up, and we came out on our heels. That's starting to change now that we've got the lead. We could really use a nice TD out the gate.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Matty Ice is a ******* choke artist. Stop throwing interceptions dickbag. And oh yeah Keith, go ******* roost in a fire. I hope you and your entire family dies.