Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-04-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Hasn't really caught my eye. He was a third rounder, so I could definitely see him getting a shot.
I agree he hasn't done anything.

But as a third round pick I don't think we should spend another pick on the position. Not early in the draft, anyways.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things the Falcons could really use is a do-it all safety who can play the run and pass and another pass rusher to help Abraham. Wouldn't it be nice if the Falcons could find Brian Dawkins in his prime. He can do it all including blitz effectively to help out the pass rush.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Smith with the coach of the year, sweet.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah Turner also went to NIU... one day when I wore my Turner jersey, my gym teacher said "Oh, Mike Turner... I went to school with him." and this one kid said "Yeah you probably went to school with him, but he probably thought you were such a tool and he wouldnt talk to you as much as you wanted him to." It was hysterical and my gym teacher just moved on to some other students.

Id like to see a DE or DT taken in the 1st or 2nd round. Maybe both in those 2 spots. Biermann and Anderson are not terrible, but really I think Larry English or a lot of the DEs in this draft could be better pros and be late 1st or 2nd round picks instead of the wasted #8

Look at these DE, DT and LBs picked after Anderson

#10 Amobi Okoye
#11 Patrick Willis x
#17 Jarvis Moss
#25 Jon Beason x
#46 LaMarr Woodley
#47 David Harris

the ones with the x are at least 1-time pro-bowl selections

Patrick Willis drafted after Jamaal Anderson. Willis is my favorite non-Falcons player in the league and probably always will be. Darelle Revis was picked in the middle of the first round and hes got a pro-bowl to his name

That wasnt a great draft for us. Chris Houston isnt a bad 2nd round pick, but Darelle in the first is a million times better, and so is Patrick Willis. Lofton looks like he'll be good, but he isnt Patrick Willis

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im still pissed
Old 01-05-2009, 04:31 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
im still pissed
yea me too, off- season is long as hell. What im really pissed about is we could of beaten that team, and i believe we are better. We just didnt play as well, and made too many costly turnovers. Think about it, if matt ryan and turner dont **** that fumble up, we would have won the game, most likely.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
yea me too, off- season is long as hell. What im really pissed about is we could of beaten that team, and i believe we are better. We just didnt play as well, and made too many costly turnovers. Think about it, if matt ryan and turner dont **** that fumble up, we would have won the game, most likely.
how about if our o-line didnt allow penetration every effin play.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

That fumble play wasnt really their fault completely... I dont think Ryan even noticed how close Dockett (I think) was to them, and Turner saw and he just messed up b/c of how close he already was to the handoff, and the ball just bounced on him and Rolle came out of nowhere and took it home and basically dissed us with his dirty bird dance.

Cards have a lot of players I like. Fitz, Boldin, Hightower, DRC, Berry, Pope and Rolle, and i do like their team but that loss was tough and at this point IDK who i want to win the game next week. But i do know i want the winner of this game to go to the Super Bowl cuz i hate the Giants and Eagles way to much. But id rather have the Eagles over the Giants

Atlanta Falcons
Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Haynesworth.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
We need Haynesworth.
Haynesworth or RAJI and im happy.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 01-05-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haynesworth or RAJI and im happy.
Haynesworth is a proven animal though. Plus it frees up our first round pick for another position. It automatically makes our DL a strength.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Haynesworth is a proven animal though. Plus it frees up our first round pick for another position. It automatically makes our DL a strength.
yea but the price for Haynesworth is too high compared to Raji.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

id like to see atl and tb get into a bidding war for haynesworth.

all he would have to do is say "I went to so-and-so team because their organization is dedicated to winning and headed in the right direction"

and boom, fun rivalry again.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
id like to see atl and tb get into a bidding war for haynesworth.

all he would have to do is say "I went to so-and-so team because their organization is dedicated to winning and headed in the right direction"

and boom, fun rivalry again.

He doesn't want to go to ****** ass Tampa.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
He doesn't want to go to ****** ass Tampa.
that's exactly what he should say after he signs with atl.

Referring to himself in the third person, of course.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
that's exactly what he should say after he signs with atl.

Referring to himself in the third person, of course.

Tenn., Carolina, or Atlanta.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Tenn., Carolina, or Atlanta.
i didnt follow much on this situation, do you have any links?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
i didnt follow much on this situation, do you have any links?

I've seen various articles on him liking ATL, and I remember reading something from ESPN (maybe insider?) that said he's someone we are going to go after. I'm sure a google search can yield what you are looking for. I'm lazy though.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely need to hit big in FA this year to make the draft a little more clear for us.

Haynesworth would be incredible and would make our D-line a force. Abe, Albert n Babs would be sick, and I would hope to high heaven that JA98 could somehow make an impact and if he can't then by god he needs to find a new career.

I also would love to land a guy like Vernon Carey but I highly doubt if we land Albert that we can land another big name guy b/c he will cost a pretty penny.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Getting Haynesworth would be very helpful. Then Id be more ok with keeping Jamaal Anderson or Davis as the other starter... still need a LB

Atlanta Falcons
Old 01-07-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

So dammit when does this free agency **** start?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-07-2009, 03:12 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought I would tell you this too

Quote:
*On KTAR's Gambo and Ash show yesterday, Smith said the Cardinals knew when the Falcons were going to snap the ball because quarterback Matt Ryan raised a heel just before the count.
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/42809

On our local news they showed a video and it was very obvious, so he is going to have to work on that

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I read that **** in your team forum and i didnt wanna say anything about it but now you post it in here, **** now i have to say something i guess.

Your information is all Lies. Matt Ryan is perfect, it's keith brooking's fault.

i got that from this arizona news site...

http://www.desertnews.com/arizonasuc...ingplayoffgame

great source.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 01-07-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Well, that's pretty fixable.

Actually, i like that news. It makes me feel much better about the performance of our O-line in that game.

By the way, if - horror of horrors - someone does pinch Mularkey from us, I'd be VERY interested in hiring Jags as the OC. It makes a great amount of sense.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

^^^ that is true, but I hope somebody doesnt grab Mularkey cuz we have an offense set. Just a few minor fixes but no biggies. On D, we need new players so, with last offseason basically getting an offense worked out, this offseason we need to get some defenders that can instantly play

Atlanta Falcons