Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-07-2009, 07:13 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
hahah good one. i actually clicked on it.

berry also said earlier this week that he read matt ryan's lips but mike smith said they were on a silent count throughout the game. i doubt it was such a simple thing like the leg going up. if you were a defensive end, would you give away what hinted you to get the edge?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the prospects I think we will be looking at in round 1:

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
Alex Mack, C, California
B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss
James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
Brian Cushing, LB, University of Southern California
William Moore, S, Missouri

We have talked a ton about most of those guys, but I am really interested in Alex Mack and Brian Cushing.

Alex Mack is an amazing center prospect showing the physical tools and intangibles you look for in a center. Todd McClure is one of the oldest players on our offense at the age of 31 (our line is so young...), and so this move will allow us to replace him (though i do feel bad. he was named a team captain), and gives us versatility and depth on the line (who knows how harvey dahl will be like, come regular season).

Brian Cushing is a physical specimen and gets overshadowed by all the talent on the USC defense. He makes tons of plays, but doesnt get as much credit as he deserves. Now that OLB is suddenly a weak position for the Falcons, he can come in and contribute right away at either WLB or SLB spot (i wonder if we want to move boley to WLB. now that he is a bit smaller, that might be a better fit).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about curry from wake? is he too high for us right now?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
what about curry from wake? is he too high for us right now?

Way too high.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry has potential to be a top 5 pick...as a linebacker (i think he will go around 10 though). Curry is going to be an amazing NFL player. Derrick Brooks, Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis type.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Larry English of NIU apparently had potential to be a late-1st rounder, and i like what ive seen from him as a DE

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would LOVE if somehow we could get Taylor Mays. but i know that its never gonna happen :/ so i'd be satisfied with William Moore.

Gresham would be a great weapon for ryan to have, but i think he'll get picked to early for us too :/

I think Laurinaitis would be a very safe pick for us, he'd be a beast next to Boley.

Duke Robinson would be a great pick too. More O-line help is always nice :)

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO GATORS
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I think we should be rooting for Oklahoma so McCoy can bounce

Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I think we should be rooting for Oklahoma so McCoy can bounce
There is no way McCoy reaches your pick. I woudl be surprised if he falls out of the top 10 if he declares
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
There is no way McCoy reaches your pick. I woudl be surprised if he falls out of the top 10 if he declares
It will at least allow for other good prospects to possibly fall to us. The more good prospects there are, the better for everyone, right?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
It will at least allow for other good prospects to possibly fall to us. The more good prospects there are, the better for everyone, right?
Bingo. The more "top 15 locks" that declare allows a better player to fall down to us.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy do I love this "falling" talk as opposed to making the right pick at 3. Little more interesting.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Correct me if Im wrong but we will pick in between 21-23 right? Due to records the Pats have 24 locked up.

We would pick before the Dolphins due to SOS. Vikings have 21 I believe w/ their record. If Cards lose they will pick ahead of us. So im pretty sure worst case is 23?

anyone else have answers for this?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

^^^ We are at #25. It goes in order by record regardless of making the playoffs except when teams with the same record lose in the same round and the SB teams. We, The Pats, Dolphins and Ravens finished 11-5. Pats at #24 cuz they didnt make the playoffs, then since we and the Dolphins lost in the WC weekend, we pick 25 b/c our SOS is weaker, and the Fins pick 26. Ravens automatically at 27 as the best 11-5 team... But it wont be 100% locked up until we find out who makes the SB. If the Chargers or Eagles win it (maybe even just make it) Itll move us up since they will automatically be pushed to the end of the round

Atlanta Falcons
Old 01-09-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

yup. if the superbowl is chargers-eagles, we'll be #23. if one makes the SB, we'll be 24. if none, 25. i guess we know who to root for...
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

idk how this is relevant but how sexy was fitzgerald tonight?! i know we have a stud in roddy but #11 is just so dynamic and incredible attacking the ball. he made me stain my pants, god what a beast. i'm so jealous.

on another note, you know how college football fans support their conference's team? like a uga fan supporting the gators in the NC game? well idk if i'm supposed to feel the same way for the panthers being in our division but it felt hella good to watch them get destroyed. delhomme was god awful and i absolutely loved it.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Yeah, I think it's different in the NFL. We already have to put up with bucs fans mentioning the SB every time they lose an argument. I definitely don't want a division rival to do well in the playoffs, so it was pleasing to watch Delhomme self-destruct.

That's the biggest reason why I feel much more confident about our future than any other team in our division. We have the QB, where it starts and ends. Tampa and Carolina are going to have to find a QB, and quite soon. There's no guarantee that they get it right. Tampa at least have Josh Johnson to develop at the moment, who unfortunately could end up being rather good. But the Panthers have nothing.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:45 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
idk how this is relevant but how sexy was fitzgerald tonight?! i know we have a stud in roddy but #11 is just so dynamic and incredible attacking the ball. he made me stain my pants, god what a beast. i'm so jealous.

on another note, you know how college football fans support their conference's team? like a uga fan supporting the gators in the NC game? well idk if i'm supposed to feel the same way for the panthers being in our division but it felt hella good to watch them get destroyed. delhomme was god awful and i absolutely loved it.
ya it is much different in the NFL. You never want a divison rival to get a superbowl but its much different in NCAA.

By the way GO GATORS!!! what a year!

Only team I would never want to win ever would be Alabama. I hate them w/ a passion and will never ever want to see them beat anyone. HAHA they lost to Utah. Wow.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

^^ Hell Utah could beat Florida IMO... Im not saying they would if they played one more game, but I think outta 5 games, Utah could win 1 at the least... Brian Johnson I think has a better pro career ahead of him than Florida, and the fact that Utah pretty much had this game won early on show how good they are.

I picked Utah to beat Alabama and won money from a Tide fan at work

Atlanta Falcons
Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Chargers couldn't come through, but we pick 24th now. Just so you know, Chris Johnson was the 24th pick last season.

21-Sam Baker
22-Felix Jones
23-Rashard Mendenhall
24-Chris Johnson
25-Mike Jenkins
26-Duane Brown
27-Antoine Cason

We can certainly get ourselves a nice player.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can definitely land a great player anywhere on the board, it's just a matter of what we decide. I think we could possibly trade down if Raji/Moore/Gresham are off the board and not take an OLBer in the first since the position is very deep this year.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Yeah, too bad both the worse teams are in the NFC... thank God I bet on the Ravens though, they are making me some mad cash right now

Atlanta Falcons
Old 01-11-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I can't wait for the Senior Bowl. There are a few people I'm going to be keyed in on including my boy Michael Johnson. The thing is, I don't want him to do too too well, otherwise he might be pushed out of our range.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I can't wait for the Senior Bowl. There are a few people I'm going to be keyed in on including my boy Michael Johnson. The thing is, I don't want him to do too too well, otherwise he might be pushed out of our range.
I love Michael Johnson, if he is there by our first pick, i say we take him without a doubt. Just pushing Jamaal Anderson out of the way, and plugging MJ will change your whole defense. MJ is faster, stronger, and actually has a lot of moves that he uses to get to the QB.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote