Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
for a guy who missed all the preseason Branden Albert looked great.never committed a penalty or gave up a sack
Branden Albert is gonna be what D'brickashaw should have been.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In addition to the aforementioned DeSean Jackson awesomeness, he also absolutely roasted Fakhir Brown and would have had a TD but Brown hauled him down, and somehow, some way, there was no flag thrown despite it being one of the most obvious PI calls ever. It may have something to do with the game being a blowout, but still. Jackson's first grab was absolutely silly.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I saw

- Desean Jackson is looking amazing and I wish the 49ers would have listened to Jerry Rice and drafted him

- We all know Chris Johnson is fast but he looked pretty powerful as well against a tough Jaguars defense

- Felix Jones and Matt Forte looked great while Kevin Smith and Steve Slaton both looked solid. This running back class is going to go down in history

- Derrick Harvey showed good awareness when he intercepted Vince Young but he couldn't get much of a pass rush going

- Brian Witherspoon, return man for the Jaguars, looked great on both kickoff and punt returns

- Kentwan Balmer had a nice 6 yard kickoff return when the Cardinals pooched it to him
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Choosing Cherilous over Albert will prove to be one of Millen's biggest mistakes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be on DeSean's nuts a tad too much but I must say it's great to have a rookie with this kind of impact, especially in a year where we didn't even have a 1st round pick.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Choosing Cherilous over Albert will prove to be one of Millen's biggest mistakes.
Actually it won't, and that's even worse.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Forte mentions yet? Kid had a great night night in a National Game against a good defense with a bad OL.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I may be on DeSean's nuts a tad too much but I must say it's great to have a rookie with this kind of impact, especially in a year where we didn't even have a 1st round pick.
I know what you mean. Our top 10 pick last year failed to register a sack. This year, Matt Ryan and Sam Baker are both playing lights out for rookies.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all im going to say is...JOE FLACCO!

I did not like the pick at the time (I still dont, to be honest...I would have just stuck with troy smith), but he looked pretty comfortable back there and didnt make any major mistakes while showcasing some of his talents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Branden Albert looked like a stud on the oline. The line itself was just okay, gave up a few sacks and didn't open up many holes for our ground attack, but we were playing a very good NE defense. I think that'll improve as the season goes on as our starters get more used to each other. Doesn't hurt that he's playing next to Brian Waters either.

Mike Cox will be a very good fullback for us I think. Not only is he getting better at blocking, he is proving to be a very reliable receiver out of the backfield.

Glenn Dorsey is continuing to improve as well. Once he gets adjusted to the speed of the game, I think he'll be a special player.

I didn't get a chance to see much of Flowers/Carr, but they're young corners so they'll need a bit more time to get adjusted to the NFL game. I think once that happens though, we have our two future starters.

Overall, our rookies played well. Some better than others.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
No Forte mentions yet? Kid had a great night night in a National Game against a good defense with a bad OL.
see 2nd post of thread

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect McFadden to get 10-20 touches a game. I say 13 carries for 75 yards today. I have a feeling he is going to break a 40 or 50 yard run to spark the Raiders offense against denver.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Albert get picked before the Lions picked Cherilous?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Rice was good, he rules. pwnd some Cincy bitches. sent their asses to jail.

Phillips looked good when he came in on nickel situations. Couple nice tackles, not much time though. Too little to really judge him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Albert get picked before the Lions picked Cherilous?
We traded up with the Lions in front of the Eagles to secure him. The Lions originally had the 15th pick and we owned the 17th via the Jared Allen trade.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I saw him come in on a few blitzes. He sort of looked like he was trying to dance around Portis, and that **** don't fly, cause Portis is a great blocker. Give him some more time and he will improve greatly in that area.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
We traded up with the Lions in front of the Eagles to secure him. The Lions originally had the 15th pick and we owned the 17th via the Jared Allen trade.
OK now I remember, I just needed a little jostling of my memory. I remember watching the draft, and for some reason I just knew the Lions wouldn't pick Albert, (because that would be the smart thing to do) but when I saw that they traded with KC, my heart dropped, becuase I knew they woud pick Albert. I fully beleive the Eagles would have picked Albert if not for that trade. But DeSean is impressing me a lot, and those wounds are nearly healed ;).

As it turned out, my memory di serve me right, I just forgot about the Lions opportunity to grab Albert.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
all im going to say is...JOE FLACCO!

I did not like the pick at the time (I still dont, to be honest...I would have just stuck with troy smith), but he looked pretty comfortable back there and didnt make any major mistakes while showcasing some of his talents.
I thought he was going to get rocked in his first start. Though I do see him struggling a lot after playing in Delaware last year, he surprised me with his no turnovers (no interceptions at least. I didnt check fumbles).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-08-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mean to put down Flacco but he was playing the Bengals defense
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I don't mean to put down Flacco but he was playing the Bengals defense
Which, though it may suck at stopping points, is pretty good at creating turnovers.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Ray Rice was good, he rules. pwnd some Cincy bitches. sent their asses to jail.
Terrible fumble, gave up the only Cincy TD because of it. But Rice looked good when I saw him, not surprised by that at all.

I always felt that Rice and Matt Forte were definite second round picks because these guys could be starting backs. Being complementary would be a waste, they have starting potential.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if you were being facetious, but this one will definitely be a pretty big mistake down the road as well. I mean, geezus, Albert was being talked about as a top-ten pick, heck, the (not so) great Mel Kiper Jr at one point had him at five to Kansas City, why they gave up on him for Cherilus is beyond me, but like it was mentioned before, this WON'T be his biggest mistake.

It's way too early to even say what Cherilus might become, but even if he's halfway decent, it'll be better than the Mike Williams travesty. I really feel bad for Lions fans. How this man still has a job is mind boggling.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I think Gosder will be a very good RT
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Anyone know how Vernon Gholston looked?
Vernon Gholston only really played DE this game, he is used as a pass rusher on passing downs, he looked better this week, he collapsed the pocket a few times bullrushing the OT into the QBs face. He should of had a half a sack, got to Pennington with Ellis, also he should of had a sack when he got to Pennington but forgot to wrap him up.
Not what you look for in a 6th overall pick, but w/e the Jets won and our pass rush was good, Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace both played outstanding at OLB, so it will be hard for Gholston to play at OLB, but there play will actually help Gholston learn the position at a slow pace, not being rushed out there, he doesn't seem like a fast learner.

The Jets impressive rookie is Dwight Lowery, the kid has been great at CB all preseason and training camp, Mangini loves him. He isn't losing the starting job, Justin Miller was a failure at CB in NY. Lowery is a good player, the guy was everywhere it seemed, Darrelle Revis was shut down, he didn't give Ginn any room to get open, till the end in soft coverage, which was Ginns only catch. They picked on Lowery and he did well, having some clutch pass break ups. Bright future for this Lowery kid, who has a lot more speed then advertised, a perfect example of why the Combine doesn't mean anything.
Keller didn't get looks, he will is a very good player, he will get more passes as the season goes on.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
D'Brickashaw Ferguson played great yesterday, I think only 1 time did he get pushed back, for the most part he was the best OL yesterday for the Jets, he definitely played consistent and was locking his man down.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote