Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-08-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool Question:

This is probably not going to come out right, but i'm going to give it a shot, Do any of you (Cincy fans) think its time for Carson Palmer to leave the team?

Im asking you to think from his standpoint. For the past two years his stats have gone down, or more accurately, his ints have gone up. It seems Chad Ocho Cinco's gimics have worn on him, you guys don't have a running game, and your D is below average. I think, all of us can agree that Palmer can be a great QB that can make all the throws and all that but he seems to be suffering badly now. I am of the idea that it's mental, and is due to the distractions of the team.

What do you think?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So basically the question is......

Bengals fans do you think one of the best QBs in the game should be moved?

As a Ravens fan I say yes get him to Chicago or any other NFC team.

But I know Bengals fans will say no iuts not time for him to go anywhere but there!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
This is probably not going to come out right, but i'm going to give it a shot, Do any of you (Cincy fans) think its time for Carson Palmer to leave the team?

Im asking you to think from his standpoint. For the past two years his stats have gone down, or more accurately, his ints have gone up. It seems Chad Ocho Cinco's gimics have worn on him, you guys don't have a running game, and your D is below average. I think, all of us can agree that Palmer can be a great QB that can make all the throws and all that but he seems to be suffering badly now. I am of the idea that it's mental, and is due to the distractions of the team.

What do you think?
I think its more of the fact he doesn't have enough time in the pocket to throw anymore, he has no running game so play action is ineffective, and the offensive coordinator is crap. Carson Palmer is not the problem on this team. He is the one ray of sunshine on offense that we truly have. He is a great QB, a great team leader, and seems to be a great all around guy. To get rid of Carson Palmer would simply be to give up altogether right now.

What Cincy needs to do is get rid of Bratkowski. Then they need to fix the Oline. IMO they need to get a Center that is at least on Par with the rest of the league. If they can get Palmer more time then you will see the old Palmer again. If they cant get him more time then they need to utilize the fact that Chris Perry is Healthy and they have a catching TE on the team. They need to use them in more pass options.

Chicago proved last night though that if you can get pressure on a good QB they dont do as good. Chicago put alot of pressure on Manning and were able to get a win out of that. So the Bengals need to find a way to relieve pressure and all will be well.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson looked like Peyton would with that kind of pressure in his face.

You get rid of Chad or TJ before you do anything with Carson. You don't get rid of a QB of his caliber, especially with an offensively oriented team.

Our Oline needs to get it together as does our offensive coordinator. We just played a very good defense, no sense in overreacting. Yes, it was bad but I'll wait until we get into more than one game. Carson's INT's last year were a lot the product of passing WAAAAY too much. We need a run game.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First thanks for understanding that i didnt mean this offensively. Secondly, you guys call him a great team leader, from the media portrayal I didn't get that view. And your coordinator is like Ron Turner? Just utterly pathetic at play-calling.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-09-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson is a team guy, he doesn't take control quite like he should but it's not like he just hides in the shadows.

Bratkowski just benefits from good players. I HATE his calls on freaking shuffle passes, screws us over so many times. He abandons the run in a hurry (not so much Sunday but just his general track record).

I've never been a big fan but it was easy to tolerate him when the players were getting it done. Now I'm all but off the bandwagon. All along I wanted Hue Jackson to be the heir apparent.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson is basically the face of the Bengals organization. He is a great leader, even if he doesn't show it verbally. He leads by example and with poise, which has been the best thing for this team through all the sh*t that's gone on in the recent past.

Bratkowski is most definitely the problem and to blame for the offense, or lack thereof, Sunday. He does not make very smart plays (i.e., running Perry up the gut on 4th & 1) and is quick to abandon things that aren't working as they should, especially the run. That was the main reason Carson's stats were so poor last year ... we threw the ball practically every play. We need to find us a Norm Chow/Cam Cameron (the first 2 that came to mind) type OC who knows what he's doing and isn't afraid to be risky.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Carson's 35.3 passer rating on Sunday afternoon was due to "distractions" then yes its time for him to go. That's the most ridiculous excuse for a pro-bowl caliber QB to only complete 10/25 passes with no TD's and 1 INT.

However, most people can figure out the real issues of Carson. For example, he played a tough D, got little to no practice with his starting WR's, the o-line sucked, the running game provided him little to no relief and its week 1.

There are 16 teams pulling their hair out in frustration right now trying to figure out went wrong. Cincinnati has some work to do, but they're not alone.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

There are Bengals fans that actually think Carson Palmer should leave?

******* delusional.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
There are Bengals fans that actually think Carson Palmer should leave?

******* delusional.
No there are bears fans who think the Bengals fans don't want Carson Palmer.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
No there are bears fans who think the Bengals fans don't want Carson Palmer.
No, there is a Bears fan who was wondering if CARSON PALMER might want to leave, due to distractions. But he got a better answer with the resounding desire to keep him, and all the reasons explaining his play.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-09-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Carson stays, but if things don't turn around "would he want to leave ??" I think the answer may suprise some people. I know I wouldn't want to be a part of an organization that is as completely f*cked as this one is. How people leave the Bengals and THANK the Brown family is beyond me, but almost everyone of them does it. It must be in their contract to make that statement or their money won't get paid to them !!!

Mike Brown = flaming douchebag !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
I second this motion.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
No, there is a Bears fan who was wondering if CARSON PALMER might want to leave, due to distractions. But he got a better answer with the resounding desire to keep him, and all the reasons explaining his play.
Besides Palmer actually not wanting to leave and the fans not wanting him to leave...the trade value on him would be through the roof.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Besides Palmer actually not wanting to leave and the fans not wanting him to leave...the trade value on him would be through the roof.
Very true. If it were to happen, we could get sooo much for him. Though I don't see it happening for a long time, if ever.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Very true. If it were to happen, we could get sooo much for him. Though I don't see it happening for a long time, if ever.
Its hard to replace a guy like him...which is why it wont happen.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
The trade value on him would be through the roof.
I can't even think of how many #1's it would take to make trading Palmer even feasible...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Its hard to replace a guy like him...which is why it wont happen.
Agreed. It's not going to happen. Ever.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
LOL thank you that made me laugh.

Seriously though, thank you to pretty much everyone who gave me their answer. I was extremely hesitant to post it fearing I might get a large backlash in the form of "WTF is wrung wit U!!!! RARRRR!!!" Generally over angry sentiments, but everything I have received was extremely open and honest that proved Cincy fans to be better ambassadors for their organization than many other less fortunate franchises. You may not have given me exactly what i came here for, but the answer I received was much more rewarding. Thanks again guys.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Brown is good at one thing and that is making money. If I'm not mistaken he has one of the more successful franchises in the NFL business wise. He knows as much about football as I do organic chemistry.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Mike Brown is good at one thing and that is making money. If I'm not mistaken he has one of the more successful franchises in the NFL business wise. He knows as much about football as I do organic chemistry.
Dont bash him, hes a classy guy who gets our defense properly aligned. He is a great player for us and it is terrible luck that the poor guy cant stay healthy. He has true passion for the game.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I posted in the wrong forum again.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote