Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Cutler be an elite QB?
Yes 90 71.43%
No 36 28.57%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vince Young is closer to a Super Bowl ring that Jay Cutler right now :)

VYs team is setting up nicely for HFA throughout the playfofs
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
lol ur the one to talk hahaha
hey, why don't go pick on someone at your own level of sobriety, damn kraut!
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And who predicted Cutler would be the best QB of the class? Me.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Where do we go from here?

Does losing Shanahan stunt his development?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
And who predicted Cutler would be the best QB of the class? Me.
Everyone?

I couldn't even believe it was a debate back then...people just get too caught up in prospect resumes and not skills sometimes...especially when it comes to QBs.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler has a lot of growing up to do. Sometimes he needs to just make the easy throw instead of trying to prove his arm is stronger than Favre and Elway's.

Anyway, he makes a lot of bad throws and unnecessary INT's, BUT in his defense, he's a gunslinger, so they don't count anyway.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's just way to confident in his arm, and it gets him into trouble. His arm might be stronger than Elway's, that's not really the point, you can't deny that his own confidence hurts him a lot because he thinks he can fit every pass in(and sometimes he can). We've already seen him come out of nowhere to proclaim he has the greatest arm, but who cares, shouldn't he be focusing on decision making and not proving he has the best arm? IF it's not important to him, he wouldn't have said it about both guys already.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll try and find it later, but someone was telling me that after the first few weeks of the season, the Broncos really did not throw deep too much, and also didn't have much success at it.

I only caught 4 or 5 Bronco games this year and it seemed like they were gunning it deep to me, so can someone give me the scoop?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Cutler has a lot of growing up to do. Sometimes he needs to just make the easy throw instead of trying to prove his arm is stronger than Favre and Elway's.

Anyway, he makes a lot of bad throws and unnecessary INT's, BUT in his defense, he's a gunslinger, so they don't count anyway.
He's a gunslinger trying to show he has a better arm than elway. Good thing we now know his tragic flaw. it couldn't be the fact that he had a running game that got more banged up and worn down with everygame or an almost Detroit level defense that he had to make up for that made him press to make big plays? Nope, he's just a gunslinger trying to prove he's got a stronger arm than Elway? Okay then, thanks for settling that for me.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
He's a gunslinger trying to show he has a better arm than elway. Good thing we now know his tragic flaw. it couldn't be the fact that he had a running game that got more banged up and worn down with everygame or an almost Detroit level defense that he had to make up for that made him press to make big plays? Nope, he's just a gunslinger trying to prove he's got a stronger arm than Elway? Okay then, thanks for settling that for me.
So Jay Cutler attempts more difficult passes into traffic than he should because his defense is poor?

The guy passes up open guys underneath and on intermediate routes because he thinks he can fit any pass in. He's not on the field thinking "I need to show I can throw harder than Elway' but he looks at a checkdown guy, and then turns his head upfield and chucks it into a tight spot because he's TOO confident in his arm.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
So Jay Cutler attempts more difficult passes into traffic than he should because his defense is poor?

The guy passes up open guys underneath and on intermediate routes because he thinks he can fit any pass in. He's not on the field thinking "I need to show I can throw harder than Elway' but he looks at a checkdown guy, and then turns his head upfield and chucks it into a tight spot because he's TOO confident in his arm.
That should be a good thing. Look what happened to David Carr. Rocket of an arm but no confidence="Mr. Checkdown".
Old 01-01-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Exactly, that is what makes Cutler so scary, how much better he is going to get with a few simple adjustments.