Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-09-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game 1: Denver-41, Oakland-14

What a great way to start the season...

Offense:

Cutler destroyed the Raiders. It was a thing of beauty to watch.

Royal is for real... with Marshall back now we've got a potent 1-2 punch at WR.

OL pass protect was solid, though some of that was due to poor performance by Oakland's DL.

The running game isn't great, but it's good enough to get the job done. The threat of Cutler's aerial bombardment is definitely going to open up things for our backs.

Defense:

Okay pass rush tonight... enough to keep Russell under pressure. I would've liked to have seen more sacks, though.

The run D is still shaky. We were saved by Oakland's inability to execute and a few timely stops. This won't cut the mustard against power running teams like the Jaguars.

Special Teams:

Kick coverage remains an issue, though it seemed to get better as the game progressed. Still, we need to boom those kickoffs into the end zone to prevent stupid things from happening.

Prater hitting both FG's was a good sign. Royal also looked okay as a PR (apart from the fumble), but I'd prefer they put some other warm body back there to take the bit hits and let Royal concentrate on playing WR.

Last edited by Diehard : 09-09-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no understanding of why we kept prater and lost elam, considering the average kick off was to about the 10 (if i counted them right).
I was disappointed by that as well. There was a lot of talk about Prater's strong leg in TC and preseason... but come game time it was a different story.

Quote:
i'm very hesitant to take anything long term from this game, given how disgusting the raiders were at literally every part of the game.
This is particularly true of the line play - did our OL & DL look better than they are simply because Oakland's lines played so poorly? If you favor the "Oakland failed" perspective, then that's even more reason to be worried about our run defense.

Quote:
was champ even playing? i don't really recall seeing his number on the field at all.
Yep, he was out there. It seems Oakland wasn't too keen to test him in the passing game.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

champ was only thrown at two or three times and gave up a catch for five yards. bly on the other hand looked like ****, being beat for both raider touchdowns. i know this is looking way far ahead but i'm starting to wonder about the possibility of drafting a corner in the first. having vontae davis or malcolm jenkins come in would be an immediate upgrade over bly. it wouldn't hurt to have a young cb like davis or jenkins learning from the best, either.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
champ was only thrown at two or three times and gave up a catch for five yards. bly on the other hand looked like ****, being beat for both raider touchdowns. i know this is looking way far ahead but i'm starting to wonder about the possibility of drafting a corner in the first. having vontae davis or malcolm jenkins come in would be an immediate upgrade over bly. it wouldn't hurt to have a young cb like davis or jenkins learning from the best, either.
Not to nit pick,

Leile pushed off Paymah for the first TD, not Bly

and the 2nd TD he scored in Manuel's Zone from the looks of it.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah the first one was on paymah, i don't know how i forgot that.

regardless of what happens over the season we should be looking at a primarily defensive draft. the reality is that every single position on our defense needs to upgraded. i'm not questioning the importance of having a good front seven over a good secondary, but it'd be hard not to pick davis or jenkins if they were available.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pears and Moss were both inactive.

Drafting a MLB in the first is the only logical choice next year IMO. Easily the weakest point on this team.

DT with Robertson, Thomas, and Peterson is a pretty good rotation and when Powell get's back it should be solid...but not great.

DE...that is hard to decide. So far Moss and Crowder have been busts, but with Dumervil on one side Crowder has more value than Moss.

WLB...DJ is good to go and signed long term.

MLB...Webster...seriously???

SLB...Bailey and Winborn. Not a strength, but SLBs are usually not very flashy anyway.

CB...Champ, Bly, Paymah, and Jack are pretty dang good

S...hard to say as well since they have only played one game together but while McCree is probably solid Manual is the weakest point in the secondary.

Last edited by rascal : 09-10-2008 at 09:00 AM.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
Drafting a MLB in the first is the only logical choice next year IMO. Easily the weakest point on this team.
Anything that improves the front 7 or safeties will be on our wish list come draft time. Yes, a MLB is probably at the top of the list... but if there's an impact player available at one of the other positions, we won't pass on them.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clady looked very good. Royal obvi.

I can't wait to see how you guys play next week.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote