Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ***Week 2 Gameday Thread***

Week 2

Tennessee at Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS
Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 PM
Oakland at Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS
NY Giants at St. Louis 1:00 PM Fox
Indianapolis at Minnesota 1:00 PM CBS
New Orleans at Washington 1:00 PM
Chicago at Carolina 1:00 PM Fox
Buffalo at Jacksonville 1:00 PM CBS
San Francisco at Seattle 4:05 PM
Atlanta at Tampa Bay 4:05 PM Fox
Baltimore at Houston 4:15 PM CBS
New England at NY Jets 4:15 PM CBS
Miami at Arizona 4:15 PM CBS
San Diego at Denver 4:15 PM CBS
Pittsburgh at Cleveland 8:15 PM NBC

Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 PM ESPN

My picks in bold.

Discuss.

Cowboys suck.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm keen to see if the Buccaneers can bounce back from their lacklustre performance last week in New Orleans to take care of Atlanta at home. I'm pretty confident we'll come away with the win, but I'm keen to see the fashion we go about doing it in.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some big games this week. Both Primetime games look good. Steelers @ Brown and Cowboys vs. Eagles both are huge games for their divisions. NE @ NYJ will be interesting to see if Cassel can get a win. Indy @ Minnesota looks like a good macthup aswell.

Looks like a fun week of football.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago and Carolina is an interesting game given the teams' week one successes.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pittsburgh can win on Sunday, I think they have an early edge on the division. That is if Baltimore doesnt win.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Giants-Rams wasn't the marquee Fox Game. Chicago-Carolina is clearly the best non prime-time game all week. Although maybe it will be fun to see St. Louis self-destruct.

I look forward to the 49ers-Seahawks game. They have struggled in Seattle recently but they are really banged up. The 49ers secondary is pretty decent and they're going to be going up against the seahawks 5th and 6th stringers. Of course they have no run game either and their special teams wasn't very good either. If the 49ers can limit their turnovers unlike last week they will win easily. Don't forget that after committing 5 turnovers that they lost by 10 points only (and only 1 turnover yielded points for the opposition)
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Week 2

Tennessee at Cincinnati 1:00 PM CBS
Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 PM
Oakland at Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS
NY Giants at St. Louis 1:00 PM Fox
Indianapolis at Minnesota 1:00 PM CBS
New Orleans at Washington 1:00 PM
Chicago at Carolina 1:00 PM Fox
Buffalo at Jacksonville 1:00 PM CBS
San Francisco at Seattle 4:05 PM
Atlanta at Tampa Bay 4:05 PM Fox
Baltimore at Houston 4:15 PM CBS
New England at NY Jets 4:15 PM CBS
Miami at Arizona 4:15 PM CBS
San Diego at Denver 4:15 PM CBS
Pittsburgh at Cleveland 8:15 PM NBC

Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 PM ESPN

My picks in bold.

Discuss.

Cowboys suck.
I like your picks only i'd pick indy over the vikings, and im not sure at all about the cowboys and ravens losses tbh. I like my own saints game, they should be able to win it and I just hope NASN is gonna show either chi-car or min-indy for the early game (the one at a proper time for me). GEAUX Saints (2-0 >>>>> 0-4)
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I like your picks only i'd pick indy over the vikings, and im not sure at all about the cowboys and ravens losses tbh. I like my own saints game, they should be able to win it and I just hope NASN is gonna show either chi-car or min-indy for the early game (the one at a proper time for me). GEAUX Saints (2-0 >>>>> 0-4)
Re: Vikings. Did you watch the Colts' DL get gashed against Chicago? The Vikings have a significantly better OL and a MUCH better RB and backup RB.

Re: Cowboys.
A) I'm an Eagles fan
B) The Eagles looked awesome
C) Barber may be limited
D) The Cowboys' offense runs through the air. Asante Samuel, Lito Sheppard, Brian Dawkins, Sheldon Brown et al will have something to say about it
E) **** the Cowboys
F) 28-24

Re: Ravens
Just a hunch, that's all.

Re: Saints
I hope they win so it puts Washington in a 0-2 hole.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Vikings this week too. Peterson should be able to run all over the field. Manning could torch the secondary if the D-Line doesn't create some pressure. The Williams have to love what they saw from the interior Colts line.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all your picks seem pretty soild except i dont think the eagles have a chance against the girls
Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
all your picks seem pretty soild except i dont think the eagles have a chance against the girls
We shall see...
Old 09-10-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
We shall see...
yeah we will and i will be rooting for you guys all the way but hopefully you tie 0-0
Old 09-10-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I'm keen to see if the Buccaneers can bounce back from their lacklustre performance last week in New Orleans to take care of Atlanta at home. I'm pretty confident we'll come away with the win, but I'm keen to see the fashion we go about doing it in.
Is Garcia going to start?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colston is out 4-6 weeks...thumb surgery

This will definitely help Washington

Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Colston is out 4-6 weeks...thumb surgery

This will definitely help Washington
Washington looks helpless

Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Washington looks helpless
New Orleans is the pick of the week. It is a straight pick em game right now. With Colston's injury New Orleans might be getting a point of 1.5 by Sunday. Easiest pick.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I'll take NO getting points easily. Washington looked like they have no idea what plays are even in their playbook.

Maybe they'll look better at home or something.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is Garcia going to start?
Apparently not

SIGNS POINT TO GRIESE STARTING FOR BUCS
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 10, 2008, 12:09 p.m. EDT
The early indications are that Brian Griese will start at quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday.

PewterReport.com is reporting that Griese got the starter reps at todayís walk-through.

Starter Jeff Garcia, who is questionable with an ankle sprain, was not at the practice, instead staying inside the training room for treatment on the ankle, and he didnít address the media as he usually does on Wednesdays.

So Griese is expected to start against the Falcons. And all of a sudden, the Falcons look like a decent bet to start the season 2-0. How many people predicted that?

Credit to PFT

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
yeah we will and i will be rooting for you guys all the way but hopefully you tie 0-0
0-0 with these teams will last less than eight minutes.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Stroud is going to eat our patchwork offensive line alive.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I didn't even realize Stroud is playing his old team this week.

Should be able to cause some havoc in the backfield with the injuries on the inside of this line.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griese is starting? That should improve our chances considerably. I see John Abraham eating him up. I predict 2-3 sacks for him again.

I do want to see how our offense matches up to a legit D looking for pay back.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Pittsburgh 41
Cleveland 13

Derek Anderson: 10-28 107 yards 1 touchdown 2 picks
Jamal Lewis: 74 yards
Braylon Edwards: 3 catches 37 yards
Kellen Winslow: 5 catches 51 yards 1 touchdown
Defense: 1 sack

Ben Roethlisberger 24-33 317 yards 3 touchdowns
Willie Parker 109 yards 2 touchdowns
Santonio Holmes 5 catches 94 yards 1 touchdown
Hines Ward 6 catches 92 yards 2 touchdowns
Heath Miller 4 catches 38 yards
Defense 4 sacks, 2 picks, 1 FR
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans OL vs Bengals DL

Field Day or CJ.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Titans OL vs Bengals DL

Field Day or CJ.
Sure hope you're right...my fantasy backfield this week is Forte and Johnson