Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scouts Inc. = n00bs...lmao

Don't know how many people here subscribe to ESPN Insider and thus have access to Scouts Inc. features, but check this out:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scout...meId=280915006

They break each matchup down by position and give the nod to one team or the other. In this week's Dallas vs. Philly matchup they are giving Philly the nod at WR......rofl.

How do these guys still have jobs?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm. I'd say it goes TO > Eagles receivers, and then Crayton on par with them....

plus theres no TE category which the cowboys would easily win IMO, Witten is a beast. So if you add that to WR for this, the boys probably should get it.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the world does Dallas get the DL advantage in that matchup? Or worse yet, coach?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all kinds of craziness i 'spose.....

so many "ifs" to try and break it up like this.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Don't know how many people here subscribe to ESPN Insider and thus have access to Scouts Inc. features, but check this out:

They break each matchup down by position and give the nod to one team or the other. In this week's Dallas vs. Philly matchup they are giving Philly the nod at WR......rofl.

It simple, they really don't have to defend their opinions and any controversy they create sells and they make more money. They are sport writers not scouts so why would anybody take what they say seriously.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They rated the Bears receivers better than the Panthers. Even without Smith Moose and Hackett are better.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

Explain to me how Dallas has an advantage at RB, DL, DB and Coaching? Please? I'm begging for an explanation.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Typical Scouts Inc. Todd McShaw roolz
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
hmm. I'd say it goes TO > Eagles receivers, and then Crayton on par with them....

plus theres no TE category which the cowboys would easily win IMO, Witten is a beast. So if you add that to WR for this, the boys probably should get it.
but the Iggles have Desean Jax......

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
They rated the Bears receivers better than the Panthers. Even without Smith Moose and Hackett are better.
We cut Moose and he's starting for you guys. I really don't think they are better at all. Marty Booker is our 4th receiver and I'd rather have him than Moose.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
but the Iggles have Desean Jax......
DESEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fully admit the WR category is wrong (albeit they probably skewed it because of last week's trifecta of 100 yard receivers) but seriously, someone explain to me how the Cowboys have an edge at RB, DL, DB, and Coaching.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is violation of rule number 4. We aren't allowed to post things from insiders.

Other than that, It is obsurd to say Dallas has a better coach. Scouts inc. probably saw one episode of "Hard Knocks" and thought Wade was a good coach. I like Barber, but I think Westbrook deserves the nod on this one.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
This is violation of rule number 4. We aren't allowed to post things from insiders.

Other than that, It is obsurd to say Dallas has a better coach. Scouts inc. probably saw one episode of "Hard Knocks" and thought Wade was a good coach. I like Barber, but I think Westbrook deserves the nod on this one.
He posted the free part.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber + Felix =/= Westy

I dunno
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
DESEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fully admit the WR category is wrong (albeit they probably skewed it because of last week's trifecta of 100 yard receivers) but seriously, someone explain to me how the Cowboys have an edge at RB, DL, DB, and Coaching.
well, not that i think i believe this, but a possible explaination is that at RB, having 2 more tradition backs in Barber and Jones gave the cowboys the advantage in their mind. and then DL...idfk....maybe they counted Ware as a DE, who knows. DB....idk. maybe they just prefer Newman, Henry, and Pacman to the eagles guys i'm too lazy to list. And maybe they still buy into the whole ROy Williams thing....

**** if I know. coaching.....idk either. maybe they think Reid throws too much (he does, lol)
Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post

Oh Noooo!
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Westbrook > Dallas
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
well, not that i think i believe this, but a possible explaination is that at RB, having 2 more tradition backs in Barber and Jones gave the cowboys the advantage in their mind. and then DL...idfk....maybe they counted Ware as a DE, who knows. DB....idk. maybe they just prefer Newman, Henry, and Pacman to the eagles guys i'm too lazy to list. And maybe they still buy into the whole ROy Williams thing....

**** if I know. coaching.....idk either. maybe they think Reid throws too much (he does, lol)
I'm not aiming this at you, but...

RB- Jones hasn't proven ****. Correll Buckhalter averaged 5 yards per carry last year and Jones is a rookie.
DE- If Ware is in it, maybe. Though Trent Cole isn't too far behind if Ware is a DE.
DB- Samuel, Lito, Brown, Dawkins, Mikell>>>Henry, Newman, Jones, Hamlin. I refuse to consider Roy Williams a DB.
Coach- Reid throws too much, but he's still got a buttload of division titles, one NFC title, and a lot more playoff experience. He also came within 3 points of a Super Bowl title. Wade Phillips? Not so much.

ESPN- The Cowboys Television Network
Old 09-10-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Westbrook > Dallas
Correct. Westbrook is the ****, period. End o' story.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Correct. Westbrook is the ****, period. End o' story.
once again:

Quote:

Oh Noooo!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt know people still said "n00bs".

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
We cut Moose and he's starting for you guys. I really don't think they are better at all. Marty Booker is our 4th receiver and I'd rather have him than Moose.

The Dolphins cut Booker and he is starting for you guys.

I am pretty content with Moose starting for us, I'll take 6 catches for 56 yards all day.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In fact I'll take Rosario, Moose and Hackett over Olson, Booker and Lloyd based on what they showed in the preseason and last week.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booker isn't starting for us. He saw like 4 plays on Sunday. It really doesn't matter, both receiving core suck IMO, but it's definately not worth pointing out like it's a big deal. The difference is, at best, marginal.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some interesting points. Some of these matchups decisions are fairly debatable. For example, I wouldn't be opposed to anyone making the argument that the Eagles take the RB position, although an equally strong one for Barber/Felix (not to mention our superior FB) can be made as well.

But, as has been pointed out, the Eagles getting the nod at WR is an absolute "wtf, where am I?" moment. It is so far beyond any rational or deductive means of substantiation that it literally makes the mind implode upon itself with the sheer weight of its idiocy. This is, quite literally, enough to warrant losing one's job.

More than that, however, this is a broad pattern of behavior. There have been dozens of times where I've perused their matchup pages and seen absolutely preposterous statements of superiority regarding a clearly inferior unit. Like the time when--iirc--they had the Lions fielding the better DL in a matchup with a fully healthy Bears team a year or two back. Its just mind boggling. They should recieve enough hate email to sink a large aircraft carrier for publishing crap like that. It truly is a joke.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote