Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they actually said that Wade Phillips was a better coach than Andy Reid, that is an absolute travesty. Does that even need to be explained?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, you pay for ESPN Insider? I believe that makes you the "noob".

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Wait, you pay for ESPN Insider? I believe that makes you the "noob".
You get it fore free when you have a subscription to ESPN The Magazine, a magazine which I enjoy reading.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, ignoring homerism as best as possible here.

QB matchup: I can live with that.

RB: WTF? Westy is the second best RB in the NFL and though I like what Dallas has, we have good options behind him as well. As said before, Buckhalter had 5.0 ypc last year and is looking great again. Plus we have a super versatile weapon in Booker. Marion Barber has a nimor injury, and though it probably isn't a big deal at all. If he gets a solid shot to the ribs again that could result in some missed time for the Barbarian. (love the kid and despite him being a cowboy, love him as a player.)

WR-This is actually closer than you might think , and here is my reasoning...
Yes TO is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of our WRs, and Crayton is a solid option for a #2, but after that, the Cowboys are average at best for their WRs.

I look at it this way...
TO>>>Either one who you consider our #1 WR. Fro the sake of the argument, Curtis. Shouldn't need explanation
Crayton>Jackson- Barely, and maybe not for long
Hurd Stanbeck< Avant. Though he doesn't have blazing speed, he has the quickness, hands, and route running of a great slot WR.
Sorry forget his name right now, but I rmeember the player< Baskett or Lewis. You can choose. Either one is better than him. (Sorry for the name flub, I do this all the time)
At the top, the cowboys have a definate advantage, but our depth is better, as a matter of fact, if you put any of our bottom WRs on Dallas' bottom 3, they would be better. Plus we have an extra one;).

If there was a TE matchup it owuld go to Dallas hands down.

OL-agreed

DL-No. Like it was said before, maybe Ware was considered in the DL mix, but even then, we still have the advantage.

LB-Gave ti to Dallas, and I can see it, also not for long IMO

DBs- Absolutley horrible. We have the better group of CBs (still ignoring homerism) and a better Free Safety in Dawk. Mikell is better in coverage (by far) than Roy, and is good in run support. We have the advantage everywhere here. I do not understand this. The only argument is that Scandrick has looked promising, and Jenkins is a rookie with potential, but they figure to have a small impact.

Coaching- Huh? Maybe they figured since Jason Garrett is there they figured they would add him as a coach to Phillips, but we have great coordinators and position coaches as well.

ST- Agreed, but Pacman is a threat to return one at any time.

Now that I wasted a good portion of my life on this, none of it is even imprtant. The matchups shoudl be Offensive groups vs Defensive groups, not O vs O and D vs D, they will never be on the field at the same time.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
ST- Agreed, but Pacman is a threat to return one at any time.
WHAT ABOUT TEH DESEANZZZZZZZ?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
WHAT ABOUT TEH DESEANZZZZZZZ?
Yeah him too, but it isn't like Dallas doesn't have threats to return it either, and they usually have a good coverage team.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Yeah him too, but it isn't like Dallas doesn't have threats to return it either, and they usually have a good coverage team.
I was kidding. Dallas' kicker and punter are far superior to their Philly counterparts, and until Jackson proves himself, Jones is a superior returner.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only problem I have with that assessment is that TO is better than all the WR on Philly put together...so regardless if you break it down WR #1 vs. WR #1, #2 vs. #2, etc., the amount that TO is ahead is so much that the rest of the matchups don't really matter, plus Crayton is at least as good as all of Philly's receivers...they may not have talented depth, but that doesn't mean they aren't better overall

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

qb - cowboys
rb - cowboys
wr - cowboys
ol - cowboys
dl - eagles
lb - cowboys
db - eagles
st - eagles
coach - eagles
Old 09-11-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

qb - cowboys
rb - Eagles
wr - cowboys
ol - cowboys
dl - eagles
lb - cowboys
db - eagles
st - Cowboys
coach - eagles

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

But everyone is missing the piont. It doesn't matter if our WRs (for example) are better than theirs. They don't play against eachother. The matchups, such as WR and CB (for example) are more important.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But everyone is missing the piont. It doesn't matter if our WRs (for example) are better than theirs. They don't play against eachother. The matchups, such as WR and CB (for example) are more important.
Correct, and our DB's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^(oo) Your WR's.

And I what's with the Cowboys DL hate? Jay Ratliff is better than Bunkley or Patterson. Chris Canty >>> Trent Cole. Spears is a stud run stuffer. It's close, and a matter of opinion, but it's not some huge travesty that they picked our DL over yours.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Correct, and our DB's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^(oo) Your WR's.

And I what's with the Cowboys DL hate? Jay Ratliff is better than Bunkley or Patterson. Chris Canty >>> Trent Cole. Spears is a stud run stuffer. It's close, and a matter of opinion, but it's not some huge travesty that they picked our DL over yours.
22 >'s is just too much, 18 fits though, haha.

Seriously though. If you would leave that at CBs, it is definitely in favor of you, and as a whole, the DBs are better. But like I have said before, in this situation, Newman isn't 100%, though still he will be very good, and for whatever reason, Henry doesn't play well against us. Though our WRs are not as good as your DBs, we always (not really always, but I think you know what I mean) seem to be able to take advantage of them. I think Roy and Westy are main contributors as to why our WRs usually don't have horrible games vs the boys. I agree it isn't a travesty that they picked your DL, but I don't agree with it, and besides Tank Johnson, you don't have much depth like we do.

Edit: just realized you may have been trying to do the infinity symbol, haha.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

But I think it isn't a travesty they picked our WRs either, as I explained why before. Despite what some people say in terms of TO being better than the Eagles combined worth at WR, It really isn't a ood way to base the two groups.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't think that its a travesty, you simply know nothing about football. The Cowboys have one of the top 3 or 4 WR corps in the NFL. The Eagles have one of the bottom 5. Its that simple.

As for your analysis of our depth, you are quite simply in the dark. Hurd and Austin are a better duo than Baskett and Brown. But even if what you said was true, you are trying to give equal (or close to it) weight to the quality of a 3rd and 4th receiver as compared to a 1 and 2? That is so ludicrous I won't even bother to refute it.

As for the Dallas vs. Philly breakdown, I see it like this:

QB: Dallas
RB: Philly
WR: Dallas
OL: Dallas
DL: Dallas
LB: Dallas
DB: Dallas
ST: Even
Coach: Philly

Dallas' DBs are the best in the league, and I'm not accepting any arguments. Newman is probably the best coverman in the NFL right now. Henry and Sheldon are roughly equal, Pac is miles better than Lito and we have to excellent young contributors at 4 and 5 that elevate us beyond what anyone in the league can boast at the position. Safety is up in the air. Roy is bad in coverage, yes, but he simply doesn't get stuck in positions that he is exposed any more. As a run stuffing SS he is as good as there is in the league right now. Hamlin has been playing at a PB level since arriving with us, and has surpassed Dawkins, who has lost more than just a step and is fading into irrelevancy.

Its really not debatable.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom 5? Are you kidding me? The rams may be bad but they aren't the worst secondary in the history of the league, so having your 3rd, 4th, and 5th receiver each go over 100 yards is much more of an accomplishment than you give it credit for. Once Curtis and Brown return I'd put it in the top 15. And the cowboys are not even close to top 3 or 4, that's hysterical, after T.O. your WR core is beyond mediocre. And lol at "Pac is miles better than Lito" seriously wtf is that? Being a Dallas fan you should know first hand that Lito is a great corner, he has owned T.O. almost every single time he plays you. You are a massive homer and by just saying "I'm not accepting any arguments" tells me that you are such a homer you won't let any one tell you that your precious team isn't the best in the league.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Edit: just realized you may have been trying to do the infinity symbol, haha.
I was indeed trying to say that it was to the infinitieth power lol.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I didnt know people still said "n00bs".
what are you new?

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Bottom 5? Are you kidding me? The rams may be bad but they aren't the worst secondary in the history of the league, so having your 3rd, 4th, and 5th receiver each go over 100 yards is much more of an accomplishment than you give it credit for. Once Curtis and Brown return I'd put it in the top 15. And the cowboys are not even close to top 3 or 4, that's hysterical, after T.O. your WR core is beyond mediocre. And lol at "Pac is miles better than Lito" seriously wtf is that? Being a Dallas fan you should know first hand that Lito is a great corner, he has owned T.O. almost every single time he plays you. You are a massive homer and by just saying "I'm not accepting any arguments" tells me that you are such a homer you won't let any one tell you that your precious team isn't the best in the league.
Yes, bottom 5, and take it to the bank. Go ahead and poll the site here and see where your team ranks. I guarantee you don't find any non Eagle fan willing to put them in the top half of the league, and I would expect the final tally to be around 25-28. Let's do a quick look-see.

Absolutely no question better than Philly:

NE
Indy
Arizona
Cincinnati
Dallas
Houston
Denver
GB
Detroit
NO
Carolina
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
NYJ
NYG

Significantly better:

STL
Buffalo
Atlanta
Seattle (when healthy)
KC
SD

Teams that are obviously worse off:

SF
Miami
Chicago
Tennessee

So that leaves Philly grouped in with the following 6 teams:

Baltimore
Jax
Oakland
Washington
Minny
Tampa Bay

Of the 6, I would personally put Philly 3rd or 4th, behind Washington and Tampa for sure and maybe Oakland, but you could make a decent argument either way that these teams could be ranked in any order. So that would put Philly anywhere between 22 and 28.

While there may be some dissension from this order, I think most knowledgeable fans would generally agree with this. Philly has awful wideouts, and if you think that a 2nd round rookie who had a strong preseason and 1st game is going to change that, you are up in the night. Homer? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You just tried to argue that the superiority of Hand Baskett and Reggie Brown over Sam Hurd and Miles Austin (which is debatable and probably not even true, but lets say it is for arguments sake) is enough, or nearly enough, to make up the gap between the duos of Terrell Owens(a top 10, maybe even top 3 WR of All-Time who is still at the top of his game)/Patrick Crayton and Kevin Curtis/Desean Jackson. Feeling like crawling in a hole yet?

You should.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

[/quote]And I what's with the Cowboys DL hate? Jay Ratliff is better than Bunkley or Patterson. Chris Canty >>> Trent Cole. Spears is a stud run stuffer. It's close, and a matter of opinion, but it's not some huge travesty that they picked our DL over yours.[/quote]

Jay Ratliff is better than Patterson or Bunkley? Ah, okay. Whatever your homerism tells you. And it's weird, but I could have sworn I saw Trent Cole and his 12.5 sacks at the Pro Bowl last year. Canty must have missed his flight. It absolutely is a huge travesty that they picked the Cowboys' DL. Canty can't hold Cole's jock. Patterson led all DTs in the league in tackles last year. Bunkley is superior to Spears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Hurd and Austin are a better duo than Baskett and Brown.
Wow, your homerism knows no bounds. Absolutely amazing. Austin had ZERO catches in his CAREER before this season. 0. Goose egg. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Let's compare these receivers from last year.

Austin: Nothing.
Hurd: 19/314/16.5/1

Baskett: 16/142/8.9/1
Brown: 61/780/4

Not to mention, Brown and Baskett have SIGNIFICANTLY better numbers over the course of their careers.

Quote:
As for the Dallas vs. Philly breakdown, I see it like this:

QB: Dallas
RB: Philly
WR: Dallas
OL: Dallas
DL: Dallas
LB: Dallas
DB: Dallas
ST: Even
Coach: Philly
Really? Dallas has a better defensive line? Uh, just see my argument to MetSox's ridiculous post.

Quote:
Dallas' DBs are the best in the league, and I'm not accepting any arguments.[/quote[

I'd say the same thing if I claimed they were and they actually weren't.

[qiuote]Newman is probably the best coverman in the NFL right now.
Except when he's not.

Quote:
Henry and Sheldon are roughly equal, Pac is miles better than Lito
Really? A corner who hasn't played in a year is better than Lito? Bull ******* ****. Lito kills the Cowboys. 8 of his 17 career picks have been against Dallas. That's almost half! He's a 2x Pro Bowl corner ('04, '06). Pacman? Not so much. Pacman isn't in Lito's league, let alone "miles ahead".Our combo of Asante Samuel (most INTs in the past two years), Lito Sheppard (see above) and Sheldon Brown is better than Terrence Newman (although he's really good), Anthony Henry and a guy who has played one game in the past year. Give me a break man. It's not even close.

Quote:
Safety is up in the air.
No it's not.

Quote:
Hamlin has been playing at a PB level since arriving with us, and has surpassed Dawkins, who has lost more than just a step and is fading into irrelevancy.
Except Dawkins was hurt last year and played at a Pro Bowl level the year before. Hamlin can't hold a healthy Dawk's jock.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Jay Ratliff is better than Patterson or Bunkley? Ah, okay. Whatever your homerism tells you. And it's weird, but I could have sworn I saw Trent Cole and his 12.5 sacks at the Pro Bowl last year. Canty must have missed his flight. It absolutely is a huge travesty that they picked the Cowboys' DL. Canty can't hold Cole's jock. Patterson led all DTs in the league in tackles last year. Bunkley is superior to Spears.
LOL, okay, let's use sack stats to compare 3-4 DL to 4-3 ones.

Chris Canty is the best 3-4 DE in the game, next to Richard Seymour. Luis Castillo is also up there, but that's it. He's a beast. Pressures the passer and stops the run through constant double teams. It's not even close. Cole's a one trick pony. Those are a dime a dozen. Ratliff creates more pressure and penetration than your guys, being an undersized 3-4 NT, than your guys do in a 4-3. Spears is better than whatever it is you start opposite Cole at end. Dallas led Philly in all the major defensive stat categories outside of PPG (Pass YPG, Rush YPG, Tot YPG, Sacks). Now just about when you face the fact that Lito is trash, and Dawkins is not what he used to be, you'll realize that Dallas is the better team.

And funny how you're showing the stats of your 2nd and 3rd WR options last year, when compared to our 3rd and 4th LOL.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Smith > Chris Canty

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Aaron Smith > Chris Canty
If Smith can come back to form after his injury decimated season, then he'll be up there as well. But not right now.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Feeling like crawling in a hole yet?

You should.
Here you go again with the smug elitist attitude. This is why the majority of cowboys fans are the most hated in the league. You proved nothing to me with this post other than I can consider you in that category . I guess we'll see Monday who has the better team.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And funny how you're showing the stats of your 2nd and 3rd WR options last year, when compared to our 3rd and 4th LOL.
Why don't you at least read the post, DMW said Hurd/Austin is better than Brown/Baskett which is ridiculous and laughable, Sniper wasn't the first one to bring them up. Neither of them probably would even make the eagles roster let alone warrant being 2nd and 3rd on the depth chart.