Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Potential RB's out there to fill our Backfield

Thomas Jones ? Willis McGhee ? Dominic Rhodes ? Correll Buckhalter ? There are options out there we can either trade for or sign via FA we don't need to commit a crazy amount of money to a player on the downswing and has not performed just cause he is our all time leading rusher, since his run in with the law a few years back he has not been the same player. Or put our faith in a rookie and draft one, we did when we drafted Jamal why not now ??
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say yes to Thomas Jones or Dominic Rhodes, I say no to Willis or Buckhalter.

In the draft if we get a RB I hope its Antonio Pittman of tOSU.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Or put our faith in a rookie and draft one, we did when we drafted Jamal why not now ??
We won our division and are not far from winning the Super Bowl so no way to we put it all on a rookie. Personally I would like to draft a Tony Hunt or Kenny Irons, I feel both are excellent prospects and would be a good fit with our club. Realistically I see Jamal coming back and splitting time with Anderson and somehow Daniels fitting in here and there.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think with Willis McGahee we would be a playoff team and probably get farther in the post season than last year. With him wed have a legitimate running attack.

I think we will have Jamal as our RB again next year. If we get one through the draft everyone knows im a Kenny Irons groupie but i wouldnt mind Hunt or Pittman.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dominic Rhodes and drafting either Michael Bush, Kolby Smith, or DeShawn Wynn along with Mike Anderson would be a nasty rotation.
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennybee38 View Post
Dominic Rhodes and drafting either Michael Bush, Kolby Smith, or DeShawn Wynn along with Mike Anderson would be a nasty rotation.
I'd have to disagree with that trio because basically they are all the same type back and the rotation needs that change of pace back to be effective.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

Kolby Smith isn't necessarily a pounder. Look at what New England did. Maroney isn't a finesse back hes a physical guy just like Dillon. It worked for them. But if im wrong...I still say we try to sign Rhodes but instead of drafting the guys i said before...maybe Garrett Wolfe or Ramonce Taylor in the later rounds.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Irons could be the lightning to Mike Andersons thunder.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
QFT

Someone who speaks the gospel............. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

true but if we cant get him Garret Wolfe can also be the lightning.:)

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

i hate kenny irons. he might end up a huge bust so i dont want him in baltimore at all.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im crazy over Tony Hunt more than any RB in the draft (that has a chance to fall to us) He can handle the whole load after a year or 2 and can split tyme with Mike on his rookie year.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i hate kenny irons. he might end up a huge bust so i dont want him in baltimore at all.

Yeah cause those Auburn running backs always bust............

(note the sarcasm!)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-04-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

irons takes way too much heat...i really like him and i'd be happy if we nabbed him in the 2nd.

anyway, i think corey dillon could be an option for us. he's not my ideal replacement, but i'd take him over jamal, and he's a quick fix. i've heard that he has stated that the 3 teams he is down to are the jets, eagles, and ravens.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Depending on how he runs, I only have eyes for Tony Hunt. Maybe Marshawn will slip though, and by that I mean to where we could reasonably make a trade, you never know.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Kolby Smith isn't necessarily a pounder. Look at what New England did. Maroney isn't a finesse back hes a physical guy just like Dillon. It worked for them. But if im wrong...I still say we try to sign Rhodes but instead of drafting the guys i said before...maybe Garrett Wolfe or Ramonce Taylor in the later rounds.
Maroney is nothing like Dillon really..besides his stiff arm

Maroney is a homerun threat..quick and suprisingly strong. hes not a pounder by any means but he does break a lot of tackles and is a homerun guy
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Maroney is nothing like Dillon really..besides his stiff arm

Maroney is a homerun threat..quick and suprisingly strong. hes not a pounder by any means but he does break a lot of tackles and is a homerun guy
Maybe he meant a young Dillon?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I wouldnt mind seeing Dillion in the Purple and Black...I am not a Tony Hunt fan... we talk about the Auburn RBs what about the bust that is the Penn State player in general...they have not produced a quality offensive player other than Larry Johnson in over a Decade...I would take the risk on Chris Henry from Arizona before Hunt and I am not an Iron's fan though.. I think he was a bit of a product of surroundings like Gary Russell was in Minnesota..
I think a late round selection to keep an eye on is Lorenzo Booker from FSU..will be a good 3rd down guy and is quick..change of pace player...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote