Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-12-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Manti Te'o - Butkus Award Winner

Oscar Lua, Lofa Tatupu, Rey Maualuga, Kaluka Maiva... Manti Teo???

It could very well be that Te'o will be heading to USC next year. He's Hawaii's most decorated and highly sought after prospect possibly ever. I know some of his teammates and they said he's leaning on USC at the moment.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Story on ESPN about him...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=3346801

I hope he chooses Hawaii instead... I know it ain't happenin'.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Te'o alot. I think he's one of the better LBs in the class. I know ESPN loves him (I don't like him to put him in the top 5 recruits in the nation category), but he definitely has some legit tools.

I do think he'll end up at SC, they pretty much pluck whoever they want from that area.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry D, Hawaii really has no shot as of now. It's either SC or religion (BYU).
Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Sorry D, Hawaii really has no shot as of now. It's either SC or religion (BYU).
Yeah, BYU is a strong option. He's definitely going on a mission and I'm not sure Carroll is 100% on board with that.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, BYU is a strong option. He's definitely going on a mission and I'm not sure Carroll is 100% on board with that.
I'm pretty sure Carroll will be cool with it, he agreed to let Uona Kaveinga go on a year long mission, I don't know if Uona ever did or not...but it won't be the first time for Pete.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Carroll will be cool with it, he agreed to let Uona Kaveinga go on a year long mission, I don't know if Uona ever did or not...but it won't be the first time for Pete.
Well LDS missions are for 2 years. I can see 1 year being reasonable for Carroll but 2 years... I bet he'll recruit him anyways and then try to convince him to stay. Ha.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

He's officially narrowed it down to BYU, USC, UCLA, Notre Dame and Stanford.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he does come here to play, I wonder if they'll give him the Polynesian 58 or the best LB 55?

I personally believe he should were the 58 jersey and help make that a new tradition.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
If he does come here to play, I wonder if they'll give him the Polynesian 58 or the best LB 55?

I personally believe he should were the 58 jersey and help make that a new tradition.
Carroll said he would unretire Junior Seau's number. That's really saying something.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carroll said he would unretire Junior Seau's number. That's really saying something.
No.55 isn't retired, it's given to a top notch USC LB, similar to how no.1 is given to the best Michigan WR.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No.55 isn't retired, it's given to a top notch USC LB, similar to how no.1 is given to the best Michigan WR.
Oh, well, I knew I heard something along the lines of him getting Seau's number and that it wasn't handed out easily.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Pete Carroll was at Aloha Stadium tonight scouting/recruiting Manti Te'o. Amazing he was here right after losing to Oregon St.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, do you live in Hawaii?

I really like what I have been hearing about this guy though, he seems tailor made to go to USC, would be nice to see it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If him and Heaps go to BYU, I will blow a load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are officially 5 schools remaining on his list, he didnt really like the atmosphere in usc which isnt a good thing for his odds going there. I was happily surprised that ND was still in his equation. Ucla is pushing it really hard and colorado is in there as well. From what I read there are really some decisions to be made and it is not a set choice by any means.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:26 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** Kaveinga he's the biggest ***** I've ever seen on the football field, he's is the biggest cry baby, he bitches at his teammates way too much almost like annoying parent (saw this in High School). hopefully that will all change when he's at USC because the kids got talent

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Well LDS missions are for 2 years. I can see 1 year being reasonable for Carroll but 2 years... I bet he'll recruit him anyways and then try to convince him to stay. Ha.
As many times as Te'o has mentioned going on a 2 year mission and knowing which schools are serious about letting him go and which ones aren't, I think this kid has a pretty good idea who he's going to eliminate just based on that.

And I wouldn't be surprised that if any school actually lands him and tries to talk him out of his mission, they might lose him quickly.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Te'o.. we grew up in the same town. When I last spoke to him he said it's gonna be tough choosing between SC and BYU. Before Manti put BYU on his contender list, Peter wasn't willing to let him go on his mission. Now that BYU is a serious contender for him, Peter all of a sudden had a change of heart. At least, that's what he told me.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:

Yep Keith Rivers was #55 last year. 55 is given top LBs at USC, #1 top receivers at UM, #44 top running backs at syracuse, I'm sure theres other number traditions im forgetting

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on him. Uses way to many arm tackles, that at the next level most good players will break.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I'm not sold on him. Uses way to many arm tackles, that at the next level most good players will break.
I guess you've never seen Ray Ray Armstrong's tape, huh?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Manti just won the Butkus Award for the Nation's top LB. Kids a beast. Too many arm tackles? Ha ha! Watch him some more!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any update on this guys yet? is he troy bound?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I too have the same concerns. He just seems like a good all around athlete, but not elite in any one area. He's not particularly big or fast. He just seems really solid.

His film shows some good instincts and tackling ability, but then again, that's against Hawaii talent, which I assume isn't as big or fast as the big states like Cali, Florida, Texas.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote