Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-14-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default An overview.

What I learned from todays game:

1. Bob B. sucks...still. No diversity in plays and yet again easy to guess the play.

2. Marvin could very well be jobless soon. Kicking against the wind from that far out, thats a lot to ask of even Shayne.

3. We still dont get the calls we should. The Chad PI call is one that is close enough that the home team should get away with, especially if the one on Hope isnt called.

4. The defense isnt THAT bad. The offense puts them in horrible spots, and the really only gave up the one big play today. We had some decent pressure and good coverage.

5. Bob B sucks....did I mention this one? I put this one on the thought of running a SCREEN PASS ON THE ONE F***ING YARD LINE.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

WinslowEdwards19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bengals defense didn't look that bad at all today, that wind was terrible though..
Old 09-14-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i have roof damage to my house and trees in my neighborhood were split like lightning hit them.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-14-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I lost power before halftime. Things got crazy and I only got to listen to things. I'm disgusted. What I saw of the defense was very solid IMO. The offense is terrible.

I could see a mutual splitting of ways between Marvin and Brown. Marvin can't be happy here, I don't blame him. This team just doesn't have "it". "it" is not talent, we have that. Honestly I loved the defense in the first half, they were great. They swarmed Johnson very time he ran. I'm just getting fed up with this team. Everything needs to change, most importantly being ownership which will have the same philosophy for years to come.

I'm glad the home crowd boo'd, it suited the situation. The defense was more than adequate, that's the only thing I'm happy with.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Maybe they will get the message if we keep booing.
We should boycott then start a petition and have the city buy the team.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-14-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin is screwed here. I don't think he's a bad coach, just screwed over my management. He's coaching their team and they're not GM's. I don't blame him for bailing after this year. It has killed team chemistry. I don't hardly blame Marvin, sure, things could be better but I don't think any coach would want to be in his situation. The only worse situation for a coach is under Al Davis.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Brown should pack up this whole team and move them the f*ck to Los Angeles or somewhere. The bad part of that would be that Cincinnati would probably never get another franchise.

Seriously though, Mike Brown is Satan. Marvin Lewis is done as a coach. When he made the comment in his press conference before the game about the fans "Have to do what they have to do", you could say he was done right there. That comment made me feel like he didn't really give a sh*t what any of the people putting a ton of money into this team thinks. The fans buy up all kinds of Bengals merchandise and this is what they get ?? Do what I have to do ??
F*CK YOU MARVIN !!!

THEN, the team goes out and plays like crap. (I'll cut the defense some slack) Well Marvin, if the fans have to do what we have to do, I hope you get booed all season long. I watched the whole game and couldn't really see any point where the offense appeared to even WANT to be on the field, let alone try to win a game. Uninspired, lazy, "who gives a sh*t" play out of this team to this point.

We will be lucky to win 3 games...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I will say, while I only saw the 2 quarters I was very happy with the defense. Usually RB's like Chris Johnson kill us, I know he had the big run but in the 1st half he just got shut down.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I will allow this about the defense...

When I saw them the first few series, I was thinking to myself, "Holy sh*t, this is what we've been waiting for"... The biggest problem for them is the offense not being able to stay on the f*cking field and getting the defense worn out. It would just be nice to see our high and mighty "high octane" offense make a few first downs. Maybe even seeing a passing TD out of our 2 pro bowl WR's and pro bowl QB.

For some reason I just don't think I'm asking to much...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, no kidding. I want the offense to stop sucking as much as anything just so I can see what this defense can do in the second half on fresher legs. Given how awful the offense has been you can't expect hardly any defense to be on the field that long without getting tired and giving up some yards.

The defense those first few drives was just amazing, they swarmed the ball and took up blockers. It was just a thing of beauty. It's easy to say we'll only win like 4 games but you can't help but think the offense will at least somewhat come around. I mean yesterday I didn't expect much given the wind, of what I saw the protection wasn't horrible at least. New York will be a test, I guess we'll see.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Its hard to have a shut down defense when they have a short field to defend and no time to recover after a series

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the game until about mid-4th quarter which is when I couldn't watch it anymore. The offense made me want to blow chunks. The offense's ineptitude made the defense (which played pretty much flawless except for a few big plays) tired and worn out by the 3rd from being on the field so much. I was under the impression that we had a "dangerous" offense and could "put big points up fast." WTF happened to that? The problems on offense stem from two sources: horrible OL play and horrible play calling. Our O-Line is awful and couldn't block a crippled goat. Granted they seemed to contain Hayneworth short of ending Carson's life, but they still looked like trash. Bratkowski apparently has the downs as well. His sh*tty, obvious, "safe" play-calling combined with our hit-and-miss O-Line makes our offense a force not to be reckoned with - ever. I could find a fifth grade football team's defense that could stop our "explosive" offense.

Other than that, the defense played outstanding. They completely flipped the strong suit of this team. River continues to be the manimal that we all expected him to be, even with his lack of NFL experience. He's only going to get better. Dhani Jones is starting to piss me off. He couldn't lead himself out of a barn. We MUST get a solid MLB in the upcoming draft. If we the pick, which I'm assuming will be somewhat high, I will forever lose faith in this team's ability to do anything positive.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

There is still - believe it or not - reason for optimism. I mean, the defense has played very well and they're swarming. Dhani had 10 total tackles, Marvin White and Rivers both had 8. I thought Chinny played well (again, lost power at the end of the 2nd and had to listen on a car radio).

The offense is going to get better, how much I'm not sure but there's no way they'll continue this trash. Utecht would've really helped Sunday but even then, Bratkowski needs to actually be capable of making changes and adapting.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bratkowski is the offenses greatest problem...second greatest is the Oline...we once had a good one...what happened to it?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:51 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Talking about leadership...
I don't think we have anyone at this point capable of leading a turd out of his own a$$ !!!
It's just pathetic...
Old 09-16-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Bratkowski is the offenses greatest problem...second greatest is the Oline...we once had a good one...what happened to it?
Time and money double teamed it into submission.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Bratkowski was lucky to have one person who is no longer a part of that O-line:
Rich Braham
Old 09-16-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I always thought Braham was underrated but I think even I underrated him.

Our line hasn't been the same since week 2 of 2006.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Eric GuyCheck.....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-16-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ghiachuic = FAIL
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Anyone who can find a pick of Ghiaciuc on his back gets massive +rep lol.

Shouldn't be hard to find.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have been without power/internet until about right now so I'm kinda outta the loop but this game was so disappointing. Defense was alright and I think they are gonna be fine but this offense is just disgusting. They play with no fire and look like they don't even want to be out there. We have PLENTY of talented players but they just don't seem to get it. Brat certainly isn't helping but the players are just not there right now. Guychick is terrible but he is surrounded by four outstanding Lineman so you think we could at least get something going.

I have never been so disappointed in the Bengals. At least for all the years we were horrendous we knew it and knew the players had no talent. It's hard to watch a team with this much talent suck sooo bad.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote