Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Free Agency Thread

Well, things could actually get interesting for us.

Word is we might be in the running for a saftey or LB.

Get this, there's potential for Joey Porter or TKO. Supposedly us and the Cards have shown interest in Porter.

Not sure how Porter fits into the plans, TKO is a bum after the way he left us and he can't stay healthy to save his life... His bridges are burned.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it would be a mistake to go after either of them. There really isn't much out there. Even the TE from NE would command much more than he's worth. Resign KK and Kelly
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose Reggie Kelly that is gonna hurt big time and right now it looks like there is a chance that could happen. I couldn't care less about Tony Stewart.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think we NEED porter, but hey, he is an amazing LB. And he is better on our team than against it
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I dont think we NEED porter, but hey, he is an amazing LB. And he is better on our team than against it
Agreed completely.

The thing I like about Porter is...

A. He's a vet we lack.
B. He has the intensity and mean streak that our defense needs.
C. He now hates the Steelers as well.

Still, he's gonna want to cash in and I don't see it happening here.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, it could still happen here we do need a big play LB who is a proven asset and can blitz the hell outta offenses
Old 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

True.

At 30 though with his skills falling off I just don't see the use in giving him much of a contract. Not saying I don't want him, just that someone will overpay.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

yeah. i would only be interested in him for his playmaking ability. sign him a year or two and draft a LB to groom to take his spot (Timmons, Beason)
Old 03-02-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

"Just cut by the Steelers for money reasons, Porter, who turns 30 later this month, apparently fired up about the prospect of playing for head coach Marvin Lewis, is interested in joining a team that will play Pittsburgh twice a year."
Just an interesting tidbit. if he is fired up to play here, it might be possible to eek a deal out....
Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i never really liked Joey Porter and think he is totally overrated and its not just cause he was a steeler. He's a 50 tackle a year wonder who gets to the pro bowl because he gets a good 10-12 sacks a year. I wouldnt mind seeing him a bengal but i doubt it would happen because he has a feud with our players and hes gonna want alot more money than he's worth or we're willing to give him. Sign KK and Reggie Kelly and we're straight.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Actually him and Chad get along, Chad said they talk once a week. TJ doesn't like him though haha.

I think someone might overpay for KK, he's a good backup but nothing more.

Kelly is who we really need to keep with Watson re-signed.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

Most of the comments I've read from Steeelers fans say his mouth is bigger than his play and he gets 1-2 very costly penalties every game. If we ran a 3-4 then maybe but there's no sense in bringing in a guy who hasn't played our defense. The NYJets moved to a 3-4 defense from the 4-3 and it has really hurt the play of Jonathan Vilma. You never know what can happen in a case like that. We could sign Porter or even A.Thomas and they may seem mediocre in our defense.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've heard some scouts said he's best suited for the 4-3.

As of right now the Cardinals, Browns, Ravens and Dolphins are the interested teams.

There's not really much that interests me this offseason.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the Jets are interested in Porter as well, they had inquired about trading for him before he got cut.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I've heard some scouts said he's best suited for the 4-3.

As of right now the Cardinals, Browns, Ravens and Dolphins are the interested teams.

There's not really much that interests me this offseason.
if he is best fit, maybe we should go after him
Old 03-03-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

Porter has been an All-Pro as a 3-4 guy and at 30 yrs old and 255, I doubt he really has much speed on the outside anymore. I think that is crazy for anyone to suggest the guy is better suited as a 4-3 LBer. Anyway, I'm getting worried that we may lose Kelly and KK if get out to Ariz and start hearing big contract numbers. Ariz has lots to spend compared to the Bengals.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

KK I don't care about so much, he's nice as a backup but I don't want him as a starter.

Kelly worries me, then we would have to spend a pick (I would think, unless Day will be our starter) on a TE and he's exactly what our offense needs out of a TE.

If KK put up decent numbers and Steinbach is successfull we might get some decent compensatory draft picks out of them... I still want to know what we get out of Kitna.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

KK is versatile and although definitely no star, he is adequate which is better than alot of what's out there. I do think we need Kelly as a blocker and maybe we pick up a receiving TE later. I don't like the idea of losing several starters and only resigning a backup RB in Watson. Get Busy!!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Justin Smith's agent got 5 million a year out of a guy he represents who has 12.5 sacks in like 40 something games.

With that said, I VERY HIGHLY doubt we re-sign Justin, he'll play under the tag and either he will be allowed to walk next year or we'll tag him again.

I think the move is to buy time to see whether or not Frostee Rucker is the answer.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sacks are the most overrated stat in all of sports. justin smith is better than dwight freeney, write it down.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
sacks are the most overrated stat in all of sports. justin smith is better than dwight freeney, write it down.
For our defense... no doubt.

I really think either A. Rucker starts for us next year or B. We draft another DE early.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Via Bengals.com we've retained Reggie Kelly.

That's good, Carson loves him as do a ton of the other players by calling him their "best teammate ever". He's a damn good blocker and obviously has a big impact on team chemistry, I'm glad to see this.

Some good quotes:

Quote:
“Awesome,” said quarterback Carson Palmer when told the Bengals had retained his locker mate during a dangerous game of free agency. “That’s the best thing to happen to the Bengals in a long time.”

And Palmer is a big reason why. Before the Bengals quarterback phoned him Tuesday, Kelly very well could have been headed to Oakland or Arizona.

“To be honest with you, Carson called me a few hours ago and that kind of pushed it over the top for the Bengals,” Kelly said Tuesday evening. “He told me how much they wanted me back and that went into the decision quite a bit. Carson would be a great lawyer. That was about the time I figured I was coming back.”
Quote:
“I left a lot of money on the table,” Kelly said. “I gave up something, but that’s part of being a team player. I measured everything. The money, the fit. I didn’t think it was going to happen until this afternoon. Then I realized it and I hope to finish my career a Cincinnati Bengal. That would be an honor.”

The honor belongs to the Bengals. Kelly, 30, has helped anchor a ground game that produced two franchise-best seasons for running back Rudi Johnson and his 4,221 yards over the last three seasons. But as important as Kelly is in the running game, he’s as valuable in the locker room as head of the Bible study and resident spiritual leader.

Palmer, who has called Kelly the best teammate he’s ever had, is convinced Kelly could have got more. Especially from the Raiders. And the Cardinals have more than $20 million to spend in free agency while the Bengals have less than $3 million.

“I know the Raiders were pumped up about him,” Palmer said. “It’s such a big signing for us because of leadership and class and all those things he brings to the table. I mean, it’s not just a few guys that respect him. Everybody in that room respects him. And I not only respect the guy, I like him personally. He’s my (neighboring) locker mate.
Looks like we've shown some interest in Patrick Ramsey, that would be sweet.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-06-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

happy kelley is staying! what a great man to do what he just did. He's a stud no matter what anyone says.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-06-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I love all the quotes from him/Carson. That's why it bothers me when everyone acts like we're full of poor character guys when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Carson got his main guys back that he called for at the end of the season - Kelly and Watson... As long as Carson's happy I'm happy.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

ask and he shall receive.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165