Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default BlindSite's Week 2 Sunday Wrap Up

Foreword:
Though I endeavor to include all top performances and as many great plays and players each and every week, time and space means that there will be a few I miss. This is no reflection on the team or me as a fan or writer, in some cases its just unlucky they're not included. Enjoy.

Break Out Performers
Michael Bush wonít see a lot of headlines for his performance against Kansas city, due entirely to the dominant display put on by Run DMC. Bushís sixteen carries for ninety yards (5.6ypc) and a touchdown is pretty impressive for a second year running back whoís currently third on the depth chart. Sure it came against Kansas City, but itís good to see the former Louisville standout, once touted as a first round pick who ended up going in the fourth, putting his injuries behind him and playing well in the NFL.

Honorable Mention: Calvin Johnson, everyone was expecting big things from the sophomore wide out but heís already hit one third of his production last year and thatís impressive. Johnsonís game doesnít seem to have a lot of weaknesses and itís a common opinion that Receivers donít hit their potential until their third year. Consider the ineptitude in the running game, offensive line, quarterback and then the talented receiving corp and his production becomes more impressive. I wish we could see him catching passes from a top ten quarterback. Though heís an amazing weapon, part of me thinks that until thereís a new GM and HC in Detroit heíll never hit the heights heís capable of and thatís somewhat sad.

Coach losing Sleep
Jack Del Rio had to like his teamís chances heading into the 2008 season, and though its early days yet, in such a competitive division he has to be worried about the future. His quarterback has already equaled his last yearís total for interceptions and the once vaunted defense was picked apart by a player with less than 16 games played in his career. Not only that but the Jacksonville backfield, considered one of the best in the NFL failed to reach one hundred yards rushing in total and none of the three backs (though Jones was injured) were able to separate themselves from their counterparts and jump start the offense. Normally 0-2 isnít the end of the world, and though the Jags are still right in the mix and likely will be by the end of the season itís a big hole to fall into in one of the NFLís toughest divisions.

Honorable mentions:
Norv Turner
Mike Holmgren
Lane Kiffin

Coach sleeping Easy
Mike McCarthy will must be comfortable with his decision to hand the reigns of his team over to Aaron Rogers, in two weeks Rogers is amongst elite company in the NFL with an outstanding seventy per cent completion rate and an overall rating of 117.8. While itís flogging a dead horse to point this out with ESPNís non-stop watch, Rogers really seems to be coming into his own and just might have what it takes to lead this team to the playoffs and a division crown. On defense the team is gelling well and the defensive line, despite a few key losses appears to be picking up right where it left off in 07.

Honorable Mentions:
Bill Belichick
Mike Martz
Tom Coughlin

Player Losing Sleep
Iím going to mention two running backs here. Both Reggie Bush and Larry Johnson averaged just above or around 2 yards per carry on Sunday, facing defenses that have shown some vulnerability to a good running game. Neither player was able to get anything going and neither player lived up to their paycheck. Johnson hasnít been able to get much of a career going after two massive years behind one of the best run blocking offensive lines in NFL history and Reggie Bust Bush hasnít been able to live up to his lofty draft choice for longer than a few receptions here and there for the majority of his career. While both defenses they faced played well, neither player will be satisfied with their performance and nor should they be.

QB Watch
Jay Cutler is quietly joining the elite NFL QB class in Denver, while its really way too early to start an MVP candidate kind of discussion, with the NFLís propensity to throw the award at media darlings and quarterbacks, he seems to have the makings of an easy story to tell. A diabetic, overcoming a scary disease to lead the NFL, itís almost too Disney to believe, but it seems like thatís what is unfolding. While I agree, he fumbled today, thereís no discounting his gutsy effort to throw for four touchdowns and convert for 2 points and the win against one of the NFLís best defensive units. Right now Jay Cutler is fifth in the league for passer rating and is ahead of everyone in both yards and touchdowns. The most impressive thing that Iíve seen has been what the stats donít show, his poise, ability to read and his smart play, right now heís looking like everything Denver fans have been missing since John Elway left town.

Honorable Mention:
Philip Rivers
Kurt Warner
Jason Campbell

Rookies of the week
J-Stewartís 77 yards and 2 TDs helped Carolina to a win on a day where they could otherwise get absolutely nothing going on offense.

Chris Johnson had another big day for Tennessee allowing Jeff Fisher to give Kerry Collinsí some much needed support on offense.

Darren McFadden 21 carries for 160+ yards and a score the majority of which came in one half of football.

John Carlson stepped up big time for a talentless Seattle offense today and was always open when Hasselbeck most needed a target.

Antoine Cason is so far, my defensive rookie of the year. Last week he broke up passes and forced a game changing fumble in the fourth quarter and this week it was a valuable interception, Quentin Jammer, I hope youíre looking over your shoulder.

Homer Corner
See title before complaining
Thomas Davis is having a strong start, last week breaking through the line and harassing LT, this week forcing a fumble and stopping Chicagoís final drive on 4th down. Todayís game was extremely ugly until John Stewart ran the ball, heís looking like the future of this franchise. While as I mentioned, it wasnít pretty, as it stands, Carolina just won two games that I was called a homer for suggesting theyíd split and thatís without their best weapon. Minnesota will be angry and hungry after two straight losses, but Steve Smith without doubt will be hoping to make it three, itís shaping up to be a fun season and two wins out of three will be a great result for the tougher part of the schedule. Also, Iíd like to thank Lance Briggs for being a dirt bag who took a cheap and late shot on Jake Delhomme at the end of a slide (note, Delhomme was sliding when Briggs left his feet). Without that hit the team wouldnít have found some fire and rallied like they did.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No coach that lost Tom Brady for the year isn't losing sleep.

Also, i know you mentioned Rodgers with the MM comment, but you gotta mention him under the "QB watch" with a performance like that.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mentioned Jay Cutler instead, he had a better performance against a better team. It was a good game he had, but it was only Detroit, either way, I've got a list of players I make sure to update on every week. He's on it so if he keeps it up he'll get his own spot.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing four of your top six offensive linemen in less than a week will cause your running game to stutter. Until we have a real receiver, teams are going to load up to stop Fred and Mojo.

You're right about the defense, though. It's not good enough to carry this team on its back anymore, although we've definitely played good enough defensively to win both games. There has just been no help from the offense whatsoever.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Rookies of the week
Jordyzzzzzzzzzz!!!1!1

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mentioned Jay Cutler instead, he had a better performance against a better team. It was a good game he had, but it was only Detroit, either way, I've got a list of players I make sure to update on every week. He's on it so if he keeps it up he'll get his own spot.
Yes Cutler was warranted, but you didn't even give my newest obsession a honorable mention. That be what I was nit picking about.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Foreword:
Though I endeavor to include all top performances and as many great plays and players each and every week, time and space means that there will be a few I miss. This is no reflection on the team or me as a fan or writer, in some cases its just unlucky they're not included. Enjoy.

Break Out Performers
Michael Bush wonít see a lot of headlines for his performance against Kansas city, due entirely to the dominant display put on by Run DMC. Bushís sixteen carries for ninety yards (5.6ypc) and a touchdown is pretty impressive for a second year running back whoís currently third on the depth chart. Sure it came against Kansas City, but itís good to see the former Louisville standout, once touted as a first round pick who ended up going in the fourth, putting his injuries behind him and playing well in the NFL.

Honorable Mention: Calvin Johnson, everyone was expecting big things from the sophomore wide out but heís already hit one third of his production last year and thatís impressive. Johnsonís game doesnít seem to have a lot of weaknesses and itís a common opinion that Receivers donít hit their potential until their third year. Consider the ineptitude in the running game, offensive line, quarterback and then the talented receiving corp and his production becomes more impressive. I wish we could see him catching passes from a top ten quarterback. Though heís an amazing weapon, part of me thinks that until thereís a new GM and HC in Detroit heíll never hit the heights heís capable of and thatís somewhat sad.

Coach losing Sleep
Jack Del Rio had to like his teamís chances heading into the 2008 season, and though its early days yet, in such a competitive division he has to be worried about the future. His quarterback has already equaled his last yearís total for interceptions and the once vaunted defense was picked apart by a player with less than 16 games played in his career. Not only that but the Jacksonville backfield, considered one of the best in the NFL failed to reach one hundred yards rushing in total and none of the three backs (though Jones was injured) were able to separate themselves from their counterparts and jump start the offense. Normally 0-2 isnít the end of the world, and though the Jags are still right in the mix and likely will be by the end of the season itís a big hole to fall into in one of the NFLís toughest divisions.

Honorable mentions:
Norv Turner
Mike Holmgren
Lane Kiffin

Coach sleeping Easy
Mike McCarthy will must be comfortable with his decision to hand the reigns of his team over to Aaron Rogers, in two weeks Rogers is amongst elite company in the NFL with an outstanding seventy per cent completion rate and an overall rating of 117.8. While itís flogging a dead horse to point this out with ESPNís non-stop watch, Rogers really seems to be coming into his own and just might have what it takes to lead this team to the playoffs and a division crown. On defense the team is gelling well and the defensive line, despite a few key losses appears to be picking up right where it left off in 07.

Honorable Mentions:
Bill Belichick
Mike Martz
Tom Coughlin

Player Losing Sleep
Iím going to mention two running backs here. Both Reggie Bush and Larry Johnson averaged just above or around 2 yards per carry on Sunday, facing defenses that have shown some vulnerability to a good running game. Neither player was able to get anything going and neither player lived up to their paycheck. Johnson hasnít been able to get much of a career going after two massive years behind one of the best run blocking offensive lines in NFL history and Reggie Bust Bush hasnít been able to live up to his lofty draft choice for longer than a few receptions here and there for the majority of his career. While both defenses they faced played well, neither player will be satisfied with their performance and nor should they be.

QB Watch
Jay Cutler is quietly joining the elite NFL QB class in Denver, while its really way too early to start an MVP candidate kind of discussion, with the NFLís propensity to throw the award at media darlings and quarterbacks, he seems to have the makings of an easy story to tell. A diabetic, overcoming a scary disease to lead the NFL, itís almost too Disney to believe, but it seems like thatís what is unfolding. While I agree, he fumbled today, thereís no discounting his gutsy effort to throw for four touchdowns and convert for 2 points and the win against one of the NFLís best defensive units. Right now Jay Cutler is fifth in the league for passer rating and is ahead of everyone in both yards and touchdowns. The most impressive thing that Iíve seen has been what the stats donít show, his poise, ability to read and his smart play, right now heís looking like everything Denver fans have been missing since John Elway left town.

Honorable Mention:
Philip Rivers
Kurt Warner
Jason Campbell

Rookies of the week
J-Stewartís 77 yards and 2 TDs helped Carolina to a win on a day where they could otherwise get absolutely nothing going on offense.

Chris Johnson had another big day for Tennessee allowing Jeff Fisher to give Kerry Collinsí some much needed support on offense.

Darren McFadden 21 carries for 160+ yards and a score the majority of which came in one half of football.

John Carlson stepped up big time for a talentless Seattle offense today and was always open when Hasselbeck most needed a target.

Antoine Cason is so far, my defensive rookie of the year. Last week he broke up passes and forced a game changing fumble in the fourth quarter and this week it was a valuable interception, Quentin Jammer, I hope youíre looking over your shoulder.

Homer Corner
See title before complaining
Thomas Davis is having a strong start, last week breaking through the line and harassing LT, this week forcing a fumble and stopping Chicagoís final drive on 4th down. Todayís game was extremely ugly until John Stewart ran the ball, heís looking like the future of this franchise. While as I mentioned, it wasnít pretty, as it stands, Carolina just won two games that I was called a homer for suggesting theyíd split and thatís without their best weapon. Minnesota will be angry and hungry after two straight losses, but Steve Smith without doubt will be hoping to make it three, itís shaping up to be a fun season and two wins out of three will be a great result for the tougher part of the schedule. Also, Iíd like to thank Lance Briggs for being a dirt bag who took a cheap and late shot on Jake Delhomme at the end of a slide (note, Delhomme was sliding when Briggs left his feet). Without that hit the team wouldnít have found some fire and rallied like they did.
No J.T. O'Sullivan in consideration for breakout performer?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Not sure if Jammer should be the starting SD corner looking over his shoulder after today....Cro was burnt like toast. Had 3 (or was it 4?) penalties and was raped with a sand paper condom by Brandon Marshall.

However, neither one of the charger corners need to look over their back. Cason isn't there to replace anyone, he's just there because you need at least 3 good cb's these days.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Not sure if Jammer should be the starting SD corner looking over his shoulder after today....Cro was burnt like toast. Had 3 (or was it 4?) penalties and was raped with a sand paper condom by Brandon Marshall.

However, neither one of the charger corners need to look over their back. Cason isn't there to replace anyone, he's just there because you need at least 3 good cb's these days.
cro was getting abused all game long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the rate things are going, Carolina is going to win the NFC South.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will get demolished by the Falcons. Don't worry. We got your backs, Saints and Bucs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
At the rate things are going, Carolina is going to win the NFC South.

Not the NFC South, but the whole shabang; 19 straight 4th quarter come from behind wins!!!
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:36 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
No J.T. O'Sullivan in consideration for breakout performer?
I considered him for a long time, but I really didn't think he was lights out today. Good, probably deserved it more than bush, but it's a pretty QB heavy piece anyway. He's on my radar/

Old 09-15-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Foreword:
Also, I’d like to thank Lance Briggs for being a dirt bag who took a cheap and late shot on Jake Delhomme at the end of a slide (note, Delhomme was sliding when Briggs left his feet). Without that hit the team wouldn’t have found some fire and rallied like they did.
Briggs didnt get a late hit...Jake was sliding to late and he was already tackling

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say that both Del Rio and Turner were up all night drinking warm milk watching re-runs of "I Love Lucy".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Marshall is a monster...This should quiet down the talk of Cromartie being a top 5 corner which some people do actually believe, I think he was open every time he ran a route, let alone the amount of penalties he racked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are terrible. That is all I got to say. Oh, Cutlerz MVPz. I still have Cutlerection from that final drive. Elwayesque, yes I said it.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Antoine Cason so bad :( I was probably his biggest fan before the draft. I can't complain about Phillips though, he's been a stud so far, and I have a feeling he's going to establish himself as a stud and potential DROY.

I can't stand Reggie Bush. Not only is he a terrible RB, but the guy does nothing other than return a punt for a TD, and has the balls to showboat about it. In his mind, he still thinks he's the man, when he's not. He's not nearly as good as he was hyped up to be, and while he's doing better than last year, is clearly at the very least, a disappointment as far as expectations go. He'll never be a good RB, his WR numbers are overinflated by a scheme that tries its hardest to get the ball in his hands, he's just not a very good player.

How about that chargers defense huh? I guess they miss Shawne Merriman? Who wouldve thunk it? According to Merriman haters, he's "zomg a product of the schemez! he comes unblocked half the time!"

Also, I was never a big fan of the Jaguars bandwagon. Even prior to the oline issues, I saw no reason why they warranted so much offseason hype.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 09-15-2008 at 09:22 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't forget about 7th round rookie Chris Horton. He had to have been the defensive rookie of the week. 2 INT's, 1 fumble recovery. His INT appeared to seal the game but when NO got the ball back it was his 3rd down tackle that saved the game. As for Bush, the Skins at times struggle with physical running, but guys like Bush who try to bounce out everything will get stuck because of our pursuit to the ball. I would have been really nervous in this game if Deuce was healthy because he'd probably be ripping off 5 ypc.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Can't forget about 7th round rookie Chris Horton. He had to have been the defensive rookie of the week. 2 INT's, 1 fumble recovery. His INT appeared to seal the game but when NO got the ball back it was his 3rd down tackle that saved the game. As for Bush, the Skins at times struggle with physical running, but guys like Bush who try to bounce out everything will get stuck because of our pursuit to the ball. I would have been really nervous in this game if Deuce was healthy because he'd probably be ripping off 5 ypc.
How is McIntosh looking so far? He was beasting it before his knee injury last year.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last week I was thinking that the surgery had changed him and he had completely lost that burst he had before, but after yesterday's day game I think that maybe last week was just rust, or hesitancy to go all out after basically not playing in a real game in like 8 months. Yesterday he looked as sharp as ever, dropped back in coverage well and was there to chase down Reggie Bush and get in on every tackle. He's not where he was last year prior to injury but I think he is getting there. Gives me hope that he can still be a great NFL linebacker. The guy actually in the LB corps who impressed me the most was HB Blades who started in place of Marcus Washington. Last year he excited me a lot in preseason and special teams. I was real excited about his potential being taught by London Fletcher, and I still think he could be the next London Fletcher in the middle when he retires. But the thing that has shocked me throughout his NFL career and starting yesterday is his ability to play OLB. For a guy labeled too short and too slow he just is there to make every tackle no matter what position he plays, and held his own in coverage against Shockey. Coming in I thought he was a strictly MLB prospect who was probably going to be too slow and too much of a liability in coverage but the past two years he has been the top backup at all LB positions. The guy is a gamer. He might not ever get recognition in his career, but he flat out makes tackles.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wanted Antoine Cason so bad :( I was probably his biggest fan before the draft. I can't complain about Phillips though, he's been a stud so far, and I have a feeling he's going to establish himself as a stud and potential DROY.

I can't stand Reggie Bush. Not only is he a terrible RB, but the guy does nothing other than return a punt for a TD, and has the balls to showboat about it. In his mind, he still thinks he's the man, when he's not. He's not nearly as good as he was hyped up to be, and while he's doing better than last year, is clearly at the very least, a disappointment as far as expectations go. He'll never be a good RB, his WR numbers are overinflated by a scheme that tries its hardest to get the ball in his hands, he's just not a very good player.

Also, I was never on the Jacksonville bandwagon. Even without the injuries to their oline, i didn't think they'd get it done this year. I see no reason why they received so much offseason hype.

How about that chargers defense huh? I guess they miss Shawne Merriman? Who wouldve thunk it? According to Merriman haters, he's "zomg a product of the schemez! he comes unblocked half the time!"

Also, I was never a big fan of the Jaguars bandwagon. Even prior to the oline issues, I saw no reason why they warranted so much offseason hype.

Wow, you really weren't a big fan of the Jags were you BBD?;) haha.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Wow, you really weren't a big fan of the Jags were you BBD?;) haha.
haha. that was an editing mistake, i thought i didn't write it the first time so i wrote it again :) i'll fix that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Last week I was thinking that the surgery had changed him and he had completely lost that burst he had before, but after yesterday's day game I think that maybe last week was just rust, or hesitancy to go all out after basically not playing in a real game in like 8 months. Yesterday he looked as sharp as ever, dropped back in coverage well and was there to chase down Reggie Bush and get in on every tackle. He's not where he was last year prior to injury but I think he is getting there. Gives me hope that he can still be a great NFL linebacker. The guy actually in the LB corps who impressed me the most was HB Blades who started in place of Marcus Washington. Last year he excited me a lot in preseason and special teams. I was real excited about his potential being taught by London Fletcher, and I still think he could be the next London Fletcher in the middle when he retires. But the thing that has shocked me throughout his NFL career and starting yesterday is his ability to play OLB. For a guy labeled too short and too slow he just is there to make every tackle no matter what position he plays, and held his own in coverage against Shockey. Coming in I thought he was a strictly MLB prospect who was probably going to be too slow and too much of a liability in coverage but the past two years he has been the top backup at all LB positions. The guy is a gamer. He might not ever get recognition in his career, but he flat out makes tackles.
Yeah, it will take a couple more weeks before he gets back to it 100%. But it sounds good so far. Im also a big Blades fan. I was impressed with him every time he stepped on the field. He'll be solid in the middle when Fletcher hangs it up.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

For an Undrafted Rookie he was a definite gem. We got Dallas Sartz in the middle of the draft last year but Blades clearly beat him out for the job. I think the Redskins are testament to how great the NFC East is. We are clearly the weakest team in the division but we still could compete with almost any team. We will probably end up around 7-9, but if that is the worst a division has, that's pretty good. This weekend will be a real test for us though, after the show Warner/Boldin/Fitz put on it will be a true test to see how good our secondary is , as the Cardinals have to be in the conversation for best passing game in the NFL. Landry though has been a monster center fielder having to cover the entire field. I'm just worried about the Big Fitz and Boldin out working Carlos/Shawn/ and Smoot physically.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A shame Justin Tuck was not mentioned in this thread until now.