Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you really think that Briggs is a "dirtbag" and was thinking to himself "hey, I'm going to try and hit the QB because he will prolly slide, so I'll leave my feet a millisecond after he slides" then you honestly should stop posting about football

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
A shame Justin Tuck was not mentioned in this thread until now.
I concur, add Charles Woodson to that list, he nasty.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just another few things Id like to chime in on...

-As far as Cromartie is concerned...well, I hate to say I told you so. All you people who had him in your top 5 NFL CB's probably had Deltha Oneal in your Top 5 NFL CB's a few years back as well. For future reference, INT =/= Good CB. I have no doubt that someday Cromartie will be one of the best CB's in the league, but as of now, he relies heavily on his athleticism and his technique still needs alot of work. Marshall abused him yesterday.

- I watched the Minny/Indy game, and I have a few impressions to share. First off, I would like to say the most impressive player that game was by far Chad Greenway. He was all over the field, making plays, tackles, and showing he deserved to be a first roudner a few years ago. He looked damn good. Also, I think he kind of gets lost in the shuffle, but Antoine Winfield is a damn fine CB. He hits like a LB and while I have seen him get burned in the past, he is a solid cover corner who might be the most complete CB in the league.

- What can I say about Adrian Peterson? Well, the announcers said it best yesterday. Everytime AD touched the ball, the play ended with the announcers saying "Peterson, still on his feet..." He simply never gets negative yardage, unlike some other hightly touted RB prospect in recent memory...*cough Reggie cough

- Justin Tuck is an animal

- Mike Bush and DMac will be a scary RB combo for years to come...oh wait, its the raiders never mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
What can I say about Adrian Peterson? Well, the announcers said it best yesterday. Everytime AD touched the ball, the play ended with the announcers saying "Peterson, still on his feet..." He simply never gets negative yardage, unlike some other hightly touted RB prospect in recent memory...*cough Reggie cough
Bush and Peterson are two different runners.

And who has scored two touchdowns in two games, helping his team win the first game and almost winning the second game? That's right, Bush. For crying out loud, you Bush haters are unreal.

You don't understand the reality of the Saints. Just because they played the Redskins yesterday doesn't mean their running game can take advantage of that match-up like many other teams could. They don't have the personnel to do that, unfortunately for them. Look at the other Saints runningbacks.

Cripes, get a clue.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Bush and Peterson are two different runners.

And who has scored two touchdowns in two games, helping his team win the first game and almost winning the second game? That's right, Bush. For crying out loud, you Bush haters are unreal.

You don't understand the reality of the Saints. Just because they played the Redskins yesterday doesn't mean their running game can take advantage of that match-up like many other teams could. They don't have the personnel to do that, unfortunately for them. Look at the other Saints runningbacks.

Cripes, get a clue.
But what he said is right though. Reggie tends to "dance" too much and as a result, will have runs that lose yardage. I do agree that becaus eof how the Saints offense works it isn't suited for Reggie Bush as a runner. That goes to Deuce, and Reggie will be most successful in his role as a receiving threat and a guy who occasionally gets some carries.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
But what he said is right though. Reggie tends to "dance" too much and as a result, will have runs that lose yardage. I do agree that becaus eof how the Saints offense works it isn't suited for Reggie Bush as a runner. That goes to Deuce, and Reggie will be most successful in his role as a receiving threat and a guy who occasionally gets some carries.
but just the same, the Saints offense is conducive to Bush as the slot back/WR he has been for them, whereas he might not have had that advantage in offenses where he would be used more as a RB

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
but just the same, the Saints offense is conducive to Bush as the slot back/WR he has been for them, whereas he might not have had that advantage in offenses where he would be used more as a RB
No matter how Bush is used, or how he isn't used, the bottom line is he has been a dissapointment. He was a Heisman trophy winner and the 2nd overall pick in the draft. The Saints are creative in the way they use him. But is he that much more of an upgrade as say Darren Sproles if he was in that Saints offense?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints' run-blocking isn't anything to write home about, which is why they need a bruiser (like Brandon Jacobs) to move ahead and hopefully get 4 yards. I've been saying that for a while, that type of back would work better in Payton's scheme and that he's not using Bush properly. They don't give him stretch plays, one-cut running opportunities, or draw runs where Brees doesn't telegraph the damn thing from the snap of the ball. Pull a guard in front of him around a tackle, for crying out loud.

And let him run some pass routes past the LOS, instead of behind it. It's a shame none of this can come to pass with Payton at the helm.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, that what I said. I was just trying to say that APS wasn't wrong about Bush as a runner. He "dances" too much and hesitates when holes open, which result in negative yardage sometimes. And I am not a Bush Basher either. It is just how he is as a player.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
No matter how Bush is used, or how he isn't used, the bottom line is he has been a dissapointment. He was a Heisman trophy winner and the 2nd overall pick in the draft. The Saints are creative in the way they use him. But is he that much more of an upgrade as say Darren Sproles if he was in that Saints offense?
not at all, and I agree he has been a huge disappointment...just on the bright side, rather than being a complete failure as a true RB in a traditional offense, Bush at least has been a good asset in his role in the passing game rather than nothing at all, was my only point

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
not at all, and I agree he has been a huge disappointment...just on the bright side, rather than being a complete failure as a true RB in a traditional offense, Bush at least has been a good asset in his role in the passing game rather than nothing at all, was my only point
Exactly, that's exactly my viewpoint on him.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Foreword:
Though I endeavor to include all top performances and as many great plays and players each and every week, time and space means that there will be a few I miss. This is no reflection on the team or me as a fan or writer, in some cases its just unlucky they're not included. Enjoy.

Rookies of the week
J-Stewart’s 77 yards and 2 TDs helped Carolina to a win on a day where they could otherwise get absolutely nothing going on offense.

Chris Johnson had another big day for Tennessee allowing Jeff Fisher to give Kerry Collins’ some much needed support on offense.

Darren McFadden 21 carries for 160+ yards and a score the majority of which came in one half of football.

John Carlson stepped up big time for a talentless Seattle offense today and was always open when Hasselbeck most needed a target.

Antoine Cason is so far, my defensive rookie of the year. Last week he broke up passes and forced a game changing fumble in the fourth quarter and this week it was a valuable interception, Quentin Jammer, I hope you’re looking over your shoulder.
Dude, Jammer has been awesome this year. In fact, I wish the Chargers had him follow Marshall around instead of just guarding whoever was on his side of the line. It's Cro who has been having a bad year so far.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wanted Antoine Cason so bad :( I was probably his biggest fan before the draft. I can't complain about Phillips though, he's been a stud so far, and I have a feeling he's going to establish himself as a stud and potential DROY.

I can't stand Reggie Bush. Not only is he a terrible RB, but the guy does nothing other than return a punt for a TD, and has the balls to showboat about it. In his mind, he still thinks he's the man, when he's not. He's not nearly as good as he was hyped up to be, and while he's doing better than last year, is clearly at the very least, a disappointment as far as expectations go. He'll never be a good RB, his WR numbers are overinflated by a scheme that tries its hardest to get the ball in his hands, he's just not a very good player.

How about that chargers defense huh? I guess they miss Shawne Merriman? Who wouldve thunk it? According to Merriman haters, he's "zomg a product of the schemez! he comes unblocked half the time!"

Also, I was never a big fan of the Jaguars bandwagon. Even prior to the oline issues, I saw no reason why they warranted so much offseason hype.
What do you think of Rivers and Cutler this year?
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wanted Antoine Cason so bad :( I was probably his biggest fan before the draft. I can't complain about Phillips though, he's been a stud so far, and I have a feeling he's going to establish himself as a stud and potential DROY.

I can't stand Reggie Bush. Not only is he a terrible RB, but the guy does nothing other than return a punt for a TD, and has the balls to showboat about it. In his mind, he still thinks he's the man, when he's not. He's not nearly as good as he was hyped up to be, and while he's doing better than last year, is clearly at the very least, a disappointment as far as expectations go. He'll never be a good RB, his WR numbers are overinflated by a scheme that tries its hardest to get the ball in his hands, he's just not a very good player.

How about that chargers defense huh? I guess they miss Shawne Merriman? Who wouldve thunk it? According to Merriman haters, he's "zomg a product of the schemez! he comes unblocked half the time!"

Also, I was never a big fan of the Jaguars bandwagon. Even prior to the oline issues, I saw no reason why they warranted so much offseason hype.

Seriously, a lot of Charger fans and people on this board are giving Cromartie and Jammer grief...they had a bad game for sure, but sorry you can't expect anyone in this league to cover Brandon Marshall for over ten seconds with Jay Cutler throwing him the ball. Without Merriman the Chargers are getting absolutely zero push in the pocket, and rewatching the footage, it looks like they're not even trying.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quentin Jammer is still the Chargers best corner. Jammer and Philips are the only Charger defenders who shouldn't be embarrassed after the first two weeks. Cason isn't going to take his job.

As great as Cromartie's athleticism and play making abilities are, he still has a ways to go in terms of tackling and coverage. He has so much potential, but he isn't quite there yet.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Quentin Jammer is still the Chargers best corner. Jammer and Philips are the only Charger defenders who shouldn't be embarrassed after the first two weeks. Cason isn't going to take his job.

As great as Cromartie's athleticism and play making abilities are, he still has a ways to go in terms of tackling and coverage. He has so much potential, but he isn't quite there yet.
If anyone is in danger of losing their job, it's Ted Cottrell. I've never been a coach but I've played and watched my whole life, and I've picked up a few things like...

Don't call freaking zone defense on 3rd and short.

When a guy has 8 catches on you in the first half, make an ajustment. Maybe even double him.

When the QB has ten seconds to throw, dial up some blitzes (to be fair, he finally started to do this in the second half. It still wasn't very effective.)

When your ILBs are getting trampled and you have depth, use it.

When you're 400 pounds, stop eating cheeseburgers.

Teach your guys to wrap up! Chargers easily lead the league in yards picked up after missed tackles.

And finally: When they hit the game "tying" TD pass on you, and then go for two, and GET IT, on the SAME PLAY, kill yourself.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who in here honestly thought that Reggie Bush was going to be a running back like most others? It's ridiculous to even be comparing Peterson to Bush, cause they're completely different players. It's like comparing Carson Palmer or Ben Roethlisberger to Michael Vick. No where near the same type of players, even though they play the same position. One has all the prototypical tools you'd want in that position, and the other has crazy athleticism, which you can use in many different ways.

Bush, in my opinion, has not been disappointing. His numbers his rookie year were very good, and while he regressed slightly last year, i think that was more of the offense depending on him for a lot more. His rookie year, he wasn't asked to come in and be great. Last year everyone expected him to part the red sea. This year, he's off to a great start again. I told a buddy of mine, "as long as he gets 100 YFS a game, he's doing his team good". So far, he's done that, while also adding a punt return for TD.

No more Peterson comparisons, please. They're no where near being the same type of players.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 09-19-2008 at 10:04 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my biggest complaint about Reggie Bush, at the moment, is that the Saints do need a RB. Whether you like it or not, when he was drafted, it was expected that he was going to be able to run between the tackles. Maybe not in the same manner that Peterson is going to run between the tackles, but he is a RUNNING BACK. Yes, he is an offensive weapon. Yes, he is electric in space, has crazy athleticism, and will most likely do most of his damage recieveing, but that said, he needs to be able to run the ball.

Look at backs like Marshall Faulk or Brian Westbrook. Both are or were crazy athletic and used in ways that were unstereotypical to the RB position. But when push comes to shove, they can run inside and get 3 tough yards. Which is something that, at this point, Reggie Bush either cannot or he refuses to do. When Deuce McAlisters legs fall off from ACL tears (an exagerration, but still), they will need reggie to step up as a RB, and not just as a weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never expected him to run between the tackles and I think Sean Peyton knows that. I think that is all that matters.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
my biggest complaint about Reggie Bush, at the moment, is that the Saints do need a RB. Whether you like it or not, when he was drafted, it was expected that he was going to be able to run between the tackles. Maybe not in the same manner that Peterson is going to run between the tackles, but he is a RUNNING BACK. Yes, he is an offensive weapon. Yes, he is electric in space, has crazy athleticism, and will most likely do most of his damage recieveing, but that said, he needs to be able to run the ball.

Look at backs like Marshall Faulk or Brian Westbrook. Both are or were crazy athletic and used in ways that were unstereotypical to the RB position. But when push comes to shove, they can run inside and get 3 tough yards. Which is something that, at this point, Reggie Bush either cannot or he refuses to do. When Deuce McAlisters legs fall off from ACL tears (an exagerration, but still), they will need reggie to step up as a RB, and not just as a weapon.
Running backs that are tough between the tackles are a dime a freakin dozen. Reggie Bush's aren't.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Teach your guys to wrap up! Chargers easily lead the league in yards picked up after missed tackles.
This one goes to the bears or the lions either one is horrible. The Bears D can come up with 1 great stop, and then miss 50 tackles

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Seriously, a lot of Charger fans and people on this board are giving Cromartie and Jammer grief...they had a bad game for sure, but sorry you can't expect anyone in this league to cover Brandon Marshall for over ten seconds with Jay Cutler throwing him the ball. Without Merriman the Chargers are getting absolutely zero push in the pocket, and rewatching the footage, it looks like they're not even trying.
It didn't take him 8 seconds to burn cromartie to the back right corner of the endzone.

I figured -- Cro on Marshall - no way cutler throws to him. Instead he shoulder fakes to the middle and drills the ball right over cro's head for a nice td.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tuck was very impressive yes. He might be able to make it was an every down player lol.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Justin Tuck and Mario Williams might be the 2 best DEs in the league. I think Mario Williams is the best, but Tuck just might be #2 on that list.

Its too early to say that yet though.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Justin Tuck and Mario Williams might be the 2 best DEs in the league. I think Mario Williams is the best, but Tuck just might be #2 on that list.

Its too early to say that yet though.
He certainly has the potential as it stands right now to be great. He is balnced and strong. I really like the guy. He is He-Man!