Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
I aint get to see the game yet how did laron look
He doesn't get to make huge plays in the box like he used to because he is always the 1 deep safety, but he has been amazing in his role. He has shot down all long passes sideline to sideline. He had the biggest drive for the Redskins yesterday. In the fourth quarter he covered like 50 yards of field to knock away the pass from a wideout in endzone one on one. On the next play the crucial 3rd down, he cut in front of a slant and knocked it down. That's why we need Horton in there. With Landry so good on the backline the other safety is given the liberty to roam around in the box and make plays, Horton does that, Reed doesn't. Reed may be more solid in coverage but we need our safety to be more of a playmaker, which is Horton's specialty. Landry covers up for his weaknesses, as Horton's strengths are undeniable.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
we'll trade you Terrell Thomas and Derrick Ward for Antoine Cason :)

thats actually a fair trade if you think about it lol. in fact, we might be giving up too much.
No thanks, I'll wait until Cromartie gets his head back in the game before I deal away Cason.

My favorite announcing moment of the night, courtesy of Randy Cross (paraphrase):

*Cason breaks up a pass on the goalline.
"The defender might have gotten there too early, there should have been a call, he definitely got there too early...

*replay is shown

...well that's just a great defensive play. Great play."
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to that OLB who's taking over for merriman who's supposed to be "lights out" as well. Last week all the chargers homers were saying how the team shouldn't skip a beat since the guy was such a good pass rusher?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD I'm not so sure Cason would have gotten past Green bay to the Gmen anyways.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
BBD I'm not so sure Cason would have gotten past Green bay to the Gmen anyways.
Thats true. Im happy w/Terrell Thomas. He could be just as good as Cason if he stays healthy. He's actually a bigger, stronger, faster version of Cason. Great ball skills as well. But Cason's knack to make a play on the ball are out of this world. I liked him more than Ross coming out, and Ross is on his way to becoming a shut down CB.

I was such a huge Cason fan coming into that draft. Part of me felt that he was the best CB in the draft outside of DRC.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
What happened to that OLB who's taking over for merriman who's supposed to be "lights out" as well. Last week all the chargers homers were saying how the team shouldn't skip a beat since the guy was such a good pass rusher?
Take it to the Merriman thread if you want to bash me. Clearly Tucker didn't step up like he needed to, I've already admitted it. He still has a ton of raw skills and edge speed. And I never said we wouldn't skip a beat, I said we would be noticeably worse off, although clearly I didn't anticipate massive system failure.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thats true. Im happy w/Terrell Thomas. He could be just as good as Cason if he stays healthy. He's actually a bigger, stronger, faster version of Cason. Great ball skills as well. But Cason's knack to make a play on the ball are out of this world. I liked him more than Ross coming out, and Ross is on his way to becoming a shut down CB.

I was such a huge Cason fan coming into that draft. Part of me felt that he was the best CB in the draft outside of DRC.
DRC shot up a little too fast to be a surefire number 1 CB in the draft for me. You can't deny he's got the bloodlines though.

Thomas will be a good player for you guys, he's got the whole package and he'll put it together.

You can't argue with the Thorpe award though! Cason's a legit presence so far, possibly the only highlight of the Charger D. He was awarded player of the week for Week 1 on the official Charger site, and his goal line pick of Cutler...nifty. Pretty good for a situational nickelback.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats true. Im happy w/Terrell Thomas.
Which leads to the question... Pat Lee or Terrell Thomas?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He doesn't get to make huge plays in the box like he used to because he is always the 1 deep safety, but he has been amazing in his role. He has shot down all long passes sideline to sideline. He had the biggest drive for the Redskins yesterday. In the fourth quarter he covered like 50 yards of field to knock away the pass from a wideout in endzone one on one. On the next play the crucial 3rd down, he cut in front of a slant and knocked it down. That's why we need Horton in there. With Landry so good on the backline the other safety is given the liberty to roam around in the box and make plays, Horton does that, Reed doesn't. Reed may be more solid in coverage but we need our safety to be more of a playmaker, which is Horton's specialty. Landry covers up for his weaknesses, as Horton's strengths are undeniable.
This makes me think...2 beastly safeties could do wonders for a defense. If you have a guy like Landry or Nelson or Reed covering deep sideline to sideline, you could have your SS do whatever the hell he wants. Be a constant disturbance in the box.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
This makes me think...2 beastly safeties could do wonders for a defense. If you have a guy like Landry or Nelson or Reed covering deep sideline to sideline, you could have your SS do whatever the hell he wants. Be a constant disturbance in the box.
I think Snyder beat you to that thought. Unfortunately great tragedy struck.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I think Snyder beat you to that thought. Unfortunately great tragedy struck.
Yeah. Taylor and Landry would have been absolutely terrifying.

But if you think about it, it makes complete sense. Safeties have not been overly valued (until recently maybe) and having 2 studs (or at least one stud) with one athletic freak playing deep and another smart safety playing close to the line would be good.

Man. I wish I was GM.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah. Taylor and Landry would have been absolutely terrifying.

But if you think about it, it makes complete sense. Safeties have not been overly valued (until recently maybe) and having 2 studs (or at least one stud) with one athletic freak playing deep and another smart safety playing close to the line would be good.

Man. I wish I was GM.
I wouldn't replace your GM right now, he's doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far.

Landry and Taylor together...I know we got it for a few games, but Landry was just learning the ropes. Letting Taylor beast closer to the box professionally...omgzzzzzzz
Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I wouldn't replace your GM right now, he's doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far.

Landry and Taylor together...I know we got it for a few games, but Landry was just learning the ropes. Letting Taylor beast closer to the box professionally...omgzzzzzzz
Yeah. I have no problems with Dmitroff. I just with I was a GM of another team. An expansion team (I wish you could do one in madden. wtf)

Landry and Taylor would be amazing together. In fact, you could probably interchange their roles because they were/are (rip) so versatile. it would throw the offenses off so much.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah. I have no problems with Dmitroff. I just with I was a GM of another team. An expansion team (I wish you could do one in madden. wtf)

Landry and Taylor would be amazing together. In fact, you could probably interchange their roles because they were/are (rip) so versatile. it would throw the offenses off so much.
They definitely could have switched off roles. Pretty crazy. I wish the Charger D had one elite safety. We used to but he got too many penalties...le sigh. Rodney reminds me of my teen years, it boggles my mind that he's still playing.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it actually would have been Taylor the deep one with Landry wrecking havoc, and Landry would have been a beast at that. Sean was rediculous sideline to sideline with his speed and long strides. He played like he was 10 feet out there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Eh, i think LB's like that are a dime a dozen. Okay, maybe not that cheap but you know what i mean. Every year there's a Lauranitis and Maualuga. Reggie Bush's don't come every year.
There is a Maualuga every year, really. Who would those guys be?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All those guys have been disappointments as well, minus Hawk, who's a solid but not spectacular WILL, but could be a dominant MIKE if given the chance.

Id say Young, Davis, and Huff have all been busts thus far. Huff has a chance to turn it around.
You and I have been saying Hawk needs to be a Mike since he was in college. Hawk at Mike and Barnett at Will would make GB's defense even more beastly.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm not going to defend reggie bush as I wasn't really sure with him as a prospect, but other gangly quick receiver type running backs who've gone onto be NFL studs like Westy and Marshall started their careers slowly, reggie's been horrible so far as a runner, but he's got the ability and if all this bust talk motivates him I could still see him turning his career around and becoming a top 15 RB.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I'm not going to defend reggie bush as I wasn't really sure with him as a prospect, but other gangly quick receiver type running backs who've gone onto be NFL studs like Westy and Marshall started their careers slowly, reggie's been horrible so far as a runner, but he's got the ability and if all this bust talk motivates him I could still see him turning his career around and becoming a top 15 RB.
I think he has improved as far as running goes. He is finding the lanes and hitting them harder. It did'nt really look like it last sunday, the Skins D did a great job against the Saints offense. Or maybe it was just the Saints playing poor both are possible.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That stood out on film about him, and had alot of us Cowboy fans begging for him if Jenkins was gone...He is a play maker, has man coverage skills, and really does have a knack for making plays, he is going to develop into a pro bowl corner I fully believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching Jenkins today he wasn't a bad pickup either. Good depth on that cowboys unit.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give it up, Geo. Just give it up, bro.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Which leads to the question... Pat Lee or Terrell Thomas?
Im going with Thomas. Thomas reminds me an awful lot of Cason, and he was tearing it up before getting hurt. I think Thomas will be a very good CB as well, and one of the steals of the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That stood out on film about him, and had alot of us Cowboy fans begging for him if Jenkins was gone...He is a play maker, has man coverage skills, and really does have a knack for making plays, he is going to develop into a pro bowl corner I fully believe.
I remember you and me were huge on Cason. As much as I liked Jenkins, part of me liked Cason even more. But if I was in Dallas's position, id draft Jenkins too. He's going to be a good CB as well, with more speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You and I have been saying Hawk needs to be a Mike since he was in college. Hawk at Mike and Barnett at Will would make GB's defense even more beastly.
GB is in such a tough situation. Bc Barnett is also a PB MIKE. Hawk I think is actually better at WILL than Barnett would be. But both are MIKEs. Maybe move Barnett to SAM?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for Reggie Bush, come on...please.

The guy was supposed to be a "sure thing" and without question the #1 pick in the draft right? He was supposed to be this dynamic explosive player right? The next Marshall Faulk? That was the comparison prior to the draft.

Well, where is it? He can't run for his life, his passes are overinflated by a scheme that force feeds him the rock, he's just not very good. He's the most overhhyped scatback the game has ever seen. Thats what Reggie Bush is. Period.

Chris Johnson in 2 games has shown me more "game changing" ability than Reggie Bush has in 2+ years. I don't see how you can't call him a bust, but at the very least, its in my eyes undebatable that he's a disappointment.
Yeah, honestly. I expected him to be at least Brian Westbrook by now. And guess what. Sharing that opinion got me branded as a "hater." Someone said he would be Marshall Faulk, I say no he will not be Marshall Faulk, and again, I'm called a hater. So yes, there was a lot, a lot of hype around Reggie Bush, and he has been nothing but a big, fat failure. If you can't run in between the tackles, or at all, in this league, you are a failure at runningback. I don't give a **** if he's Jerry Rice, he is a failure at runningback.

Reggie was considered a once in a lifetime prospect at the time, yes. But he has failed to live up to those expectations. Not only is there a Reggie Bush calibre player(as in NFL player, not prospect) in every draft, there are several of them, in later rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Yeah, honestly. I expected him to be at least Brian Westbrook by now. And guess what. Sharing that opinion got me branded as a "hater." Someone said he would be Marshall Faulk, I say no he will not be Marshall Faulk, and again, I'm called a hater. So yes, there was a lot, a lot of hype around Reggie Bush, and he has been nothing but a big, fat failure. If you can't run in between the tackles, or at all, in this league, you are a failure at runningback. I don't give a **** if he's Jerry Rice, he is a failure at runningback.

Reggie was considered a once in a lifetime prospect at the time, yes. But he has failed to live up to those expectations. Not only is there a Reggie Bush calibre player(as in NFL player, not prospect) in every draft, there are several of them, in later rounds.
At the time I projected him to be a Warrick Dunn type ball runner, he's not anywhere near as confident.

Part of me thinks it has to do with his coaching though. You can't teach speed or agility and he's got that in bunches, if he was in Denver we'd probably see him in probowls and all over highlight reels ripping off massive gains behind a good ZBS. The downhill scheme of Payton needs to be altered a little bit to include some more misdirection and traps where his speed can be utilised.

I'm not a fan of Reggie, because I never saw him as becoming the world beater some did, but I think he could eventually be an elite player, what he needs though is things tailored to him, and I'm not talking about a lot of swing passes.