Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 0-16....

So looking at those teams this year, we have some horrible, horrible teams.

I cant see the Rams or the Chiefs win more than 1 and 0-16 is quite possible.
U know a team has problems if a team tries a WR at the QB position.

Raiders are lucky to play teh Chiefs twice, i cant see them get more than 4-6 wins this season unless DMac beasts like AD.

Bengals...Well they still have to play the Ravens and the Browns but i also cant see how they can make it any better. 2-4 wins with what they have shown so far

Miami looks better than last year but also is horrible. 2 wins maybe.

The Lions, well they are the lions, they could still win 1-2 games against the bears but i dont have any faith in them after playing only about 5 minutes serious football...

So many horrible horrible teams out now and we havent seen Houston after their big loss and Seahawks with their serious injury problems

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 09-15-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's going to be as horrible as you're making it out to be. The Bengals and Dolphins have just enough to win 4 or more games, with the Texans 6 or more. The ones that i'd really worry about are the Cheaps, Raiders and Rams.

Kansas City has nothing remotely close to resembling an offfense, and their defense isn't even middle of the road, either. The Rams are pretty pitiful, especially on defense. If they get hot, they might win a shootout or two, but i wouldn't bet on it. The Raiders, well.. They're the Raiders.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Chiefs suck. We will see how bad they suck even more so next week when they play Atlanta.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know how bad you have to be to go 0-16? I don't think we'll see that this year.

Unless the Rams do it. But in their defense, they played the Eagles and Giants in the first 2 weeks of the season.

The Rams do look terrible though. But I can see 2 wins maybe.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On paper, I think the Lions are an 0-16 team. I think we'll end up pulling off 2 or 3 wins, but we should be the underdog in every one of our remaining games.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marques Hagans played QB in College his senior year, he's just not tall enough to play in the NFL. So its not that out of context.

Rams....HA! Ugh, wow kill me now.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see the Chiefs and/or Bengals both going into week 17 at 0-15. The only winnable games I see on the Chiefs schedule are @Atlanta, @Oakland, and Miami and with how bad the Bengals have looked I don't know if they can beat anyone.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals will win. Their offense will do enough in some games to make up for what they have lacked so far. I see them at around 4-5 wins.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we play like we did in the 4th quarter then we will go 0-16

if we play like we did against the gaints through the first half of the 3rd, then we will win some games

but of course those are some big iffs

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Marques Hagans played QB in College his senior year, he's just not tall enough to play in the NFL. So its not that out of context.

Rams....HA! Ugh, wow kill me now.
Yea, but thats like letting a guy like Antwan Randle El play QB. its a big issue. Im not saying all those teams I mentioned will go 0-16 or have a chance, more that we have alot of horrible teams that are close to it

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Yea, but thats like letting a guy like Antwan Randle El play QB. its a big issue. Im not saying all those teams I mentioned will go 0-16 or have a chance, more that we have alot of horrible teams that are close to it
Which brings up another good point. If we have a lot of temas with very few wins (less than 5) we will also have a simlar number of teams with very few losses (also less than 5). That is just an example. But what I am trying to say is, if there are a lot of teams with very few wins, there will be a lot of competition for playoff spots.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
On paper, I think the Lions are an 0-16 team. I think we'll end up pulling off 2 or 3 wins, but we should be the underdog in every one of our remaining games.
I think that's being a little pessimistic. The Lions are no where near as bad as the Rams or the Cheaps are. Detroit showed yesterday that they can battle back, and possibly win a few shootout games. I mean, don't expect the defense to stop anyone, but you have a pretty strong passing attack, that just might net you a few wins. Can't say the same for Kansas City or St. Louis though.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am praying that the Lions lose all 16 games this year. And don't misunderstand my hopes. It's not that I am no longer a Lions fan and supporter. It's exactly the opposite. I AM a Lions fan, and therefore realize that the only way that Ford, Sr. ever makes the necessary changes (i.e. Fire Millen, clean house again) is if we are unquestionably regressing. We won seven games last year. All the talk of the organization was that we would be even better this year. Fans recognized the hollow nature of that seven win season last year. They finished 1-7 in the last 8 games after all. How could the current regime possibly keep their job after a step backwards of 4-5 wins following a 7 win season? Normal logic, and even the contorted logic the Lions organization operates under could not deny the necessity to blow up the team.

0-16 . . . here we come.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I am praying that the Lions lose all 16 games this year. And don't misunderstand my hopes. It's not that I am no longer a Lions fan and supporter. It's exactly the opposite. I AM a Lions fan, and therefore realize that the only way that Ford, Sr. ever makes the necessary changes (i.e. Fire Millen, clean house again) is if we are unquestionably regressing. We won seven games last year. All the talk of the organization was that we would be even better this year. Fans recognized the hollow nature of that seven win season last year. They finished 1-7 in the last 8 games after all. How could the current regime possibly keep their job after a step backwards of 4-5 wins following a 7 win season? Normal logic, and even the contorted logic the Lions organization operates under could not deny the necessity to blow up the team.

0-16 . . . here we come.
Clean house, draft Stafford and hope for the best.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Clean house, draft Stafford and hope for the best.
God I hope so.

Seriously, the Lions no more than about 6 young players worth building the team around . . . Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Gosder Cherilus for sure, with Roy Williams, Daniel Bullocks, and Drew Stanton as hopefuls for the future.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, someone do some research and find out just how many 0-16 teams there have been?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
OK, someone do some research and find out just how many 0-16 teams there have been?
Zero. Tampa Bay was 0-14 as an expansion team. No team has ever lost them all since they went to a 16 game schedule.

The Lions may well make history.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind, I did it myself.

from wiki answers

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 0-14 in their first season in the NFL (1976). A season was 14 games long in 1976. They are the only team to have gone through an entire season without a victory or a tie. The 1960 Dallas Cowboys went 0-11-1. A season was 12 games long in 1960.

With that being said, I'd say the odds are relatively low that anyone go 0-16.
Horrible teams, definitely.
0-16, i'm not sure.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins should have gone 0-16 last year, really. That win over Baltimore was a gift.

Quote:

0-16 . . . here we come.
If a team goes 0-16, they will never live that down. Ever.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for the Lions to go 0-16 to the tune of a 1930s silent cartoon.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
God I hope so.

Seriously, the Lions no more than about 6 young players worth building the team around . . . Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Gosder Cherilus for sure, with Roy Williams, Daniel Bullocks, and Drew Stanton as hopefuls for the future.
I do agree with you though, that as bad as it sounds, the Lions are doing themselves a disservice by winning games. Last year they overplayed their talent, even though they did lose 7 of 8 down the stretch. They just need to get back to building through the draft, but that obviously isn't gonna get anywhere so long as Millen is running them.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I do agree with you though, that as bad as it sounds, the Lions are doing themselves a disservice by winning games. Last year they overplayed their talent, even though they did lose 7 of 8 down the stretch. They just need to get back to building through the draft, but that obviously isn't gonna get anywhere so long as Millen is running them.
One day when I have some time on my hands I am gonna compile a ranked list of the worst Millen draft picks. Mike Williams is undoubtedly #1 but the list would be lengthy. I can count all of his good draft picks on my 10 fingers in his 8 years.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No team will go 0-16, if the Dolphins last year couldn't.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
No team will go 0-16, if the Dolphins last year couldn't.
The Lions could do it. The Dolphns came close. The only thing they lacked was a 50 year long history of losing.