Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is yoda ok? we haven't heard from him yet. i hope he didnt pull a Vince Young.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams have the biggest chance.

Miami and Kansas City still suck, but they're at least on the path to becoming decent teams.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams are going 0-16. When you have Dane Looker and Dante Hall as your #2 and #3 receivers something is wrong.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
is yoda ok? we haven't heard from him yet. i hope he didnt pull a Vince Young.
ziiiiiiing.

Actually it's a Barret Robbins.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think that's being a little pessimistic. The Lions are no where near as bad as the Rams or the Cheaps are. Detroit showed yesterday that they can battle back, and possibly win a few shootout games. I mean, don't expect the defense to stop anyone, but you have a pretty strong passing attack, that just might net you a few wins. Can't say the same for Kansas City or St. Louis though.
Look at the schedule and tell me which game we should be favored to win. Like I said, I don't think we lose all 16, but we won't be favored in any one of them. We have a tough schedule.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
So do the Lions really pick Stafford number 1? What is the status of the Drew Stanton Project?

Is he worth taking over the best 'tard O-lineman prospect ever??
If the Lions are picking top 3 and there is a QB that is legitimately deserving of that high of a pick, I would be extremely disappointed if they don't draft their franchise QB. Harrington was taken 6 years ago. It's time to try again. Stanton may well have NFL potential, but they won't have the answer to that question this year. They gotta get the QB if they have the chance. Left tackle would be the 2nd best option. I'd probably be ok with that too.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
If I was a GM in need of a QB, I'd be praying nightly and daily that Sam Bradford declares for this year's draft. Sam Bradford passing to Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams. That almost wouldn't be fair.
Yeah that actually could be pretty solid. I doubt he goes pro though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Rams have the biggest chance.

Miami and Kansas City still suck, but they're at least on the path to becoming decent teams.
Yeah really don't know what the Rams have been doing these last few years.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rams are going 0-16. When you have Dane Looker and Dante Hall as your #2 and #3 receivers something is wrong.
What if you have Courtney Taylor, Billy McMullen and Michael Bumpus as your #1, #2 and #3 receivers?

I won't be surprised if one of those guys dies on the field next week.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
that comeback was half a gift from the greenbay long snapper
Well, the Lions do deserve some credit for that. After the Packers scored their third TD with 7:00 left in the second quarter the Lions held them to only two FG's until the Kitna interception with less than 5:00 to go in the fourth quarter.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
In all honesty. Dane Lookers worked his ass off to stay on our team for years now. I'm glad to see he's getting playing time (although not happy about our team)

Dante Hall just sucks.

Bulger - Ok, but is getting what Warner got here (Battered QB Syndrome)S
S. Jackson - Animal, but needs more than one guy on the offensive line to block.

Holt - Still great, but can't do it on his own.
McMichael - Doing great for us. Love his game. Monster blocker and good receiver.

Offensive Line - Ahm, yeah.

Defensive Line - C. Long is doing damn well for what he's had to go against (Shaun Andrews and the Giants OT). got his first sack last week and lays at a high intensity and awesome level.
Little is good but hurt.
Glover is pushed around like a rag doll.
Carriker...Ha, I haven't seen one thing from him yet.

Linebackers - Doing alright but small.

Secondary - HAHAHAHA, Bartells only one playing at a high level

P/K - Josh Brown and Donnie Jones are our MVPs hands down.

Coaching - Oh, do we have coaches?

Front Office - Look at us. 'nuff said.

Owners - Don't give a **** about the team, at all.

and we're not even rebuilding. :(
Old 09-16-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
In all honesty. Dane Lookers worked his ass off to stay on our team for years now. I'm glad to see he's getting playing time (although not happy about our team)

Dante Hall just sucks.

Bulger - Ok, but is getting what Warner got here (Battered QB Syndrome)S
S. Jackson - Animal, but needs more than one guy on the offensive line to block.

Holt - Still great, but can't do it on his own.
McMichael - Doing great for us. Love his game. Monster blocker and good receiver.

Offensive Line - Ahm, yeah.

Defensive Line - C. Long is doing damn well for what he's had to go against (Shaun Andrews and the Giants OT). got his first sack last week and lays at a high intensity and awesome level.
Little is good but hurt.
Glover is pushed around like a rag doll.
Carriker...Ha, I haven't seen one thing from him yet.

Linebackers - Doing alright but small.

Secondary - HAHAHAHA, Bartells only one playing at a high level

P/K - Josh Brown and Donnie Jones are our MVPs hands down.

Coaching - Oh, do we have coaches?

Front Office - Look at us. 'nuff said.

Owners - Don't give a **** about the team, at all.

and we're not even rebuilding. :(
Shawn Andrews plays tackle now?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:24 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Shawn Andrews plays tackle now?
Andrews or Runyan. Either way, neither are an easy task for the rookie C. Long.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Andrews or Runyan. Either way, neither are an easy task for the rookie C. Long.
Yeah thats true I honestly was very upset when the Rams drafted Long. Not a guy I want my team playing against twice a year.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yeah thats true I honestly was very upset when the Rams drafted Long. Not a guy I want my team playing against twice a year.
That's one player the division rivals fear. Chris Long. We need a hell of a lot more than that.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
That's one player the division rivals fear. Chris Long. We need a hell of a lot more than that.
Well gotta start somewhere.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Raiders fire Kiffin, we will probably go 3-13 or something like that. If not, as high as 7-9 (unlikely) and as low as 4-12, imo
Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I won't be surprised if one of those guys dies on the field next week.
I was thinking that this weekend. I couldnt believe how the WRs were dropping left and right.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was thinking that this weekend. I couldnt believe how the WRs were dropping left and right.
Yeah...losing your top 6 WR's has to be some kind of record....

But atleast we signed Koren Robinson and Keary Colbert....yay...

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 09-17-2008 at 12:52 AM.
XxXdragonXxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, the Lions do deserve some credit for that. After the Packers scored their third TD with 7:00 left in the second quarter the Lions held them to only two FG's until the Kitna interception with less than 5:00 to go in the fourth quarter.
I'm not really a believer in praising the Lions for playing a partial good game. The Lions defense would have had to score 21 points of their own to make me forgive the 21 points they surrendered at the start of the game.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Yeah...losing your top 6 WR's has to be some kind of record....

But atleast we signed Koren Robinsona dn Keary Colbert....yay...
I think Samie Parker might have set a record with you guys too.