Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-16-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Key to an "upset" win at the Giants...

This is the poll on the Bengals.com website and thought I would ask what you guys think...

Quote:
What would be most important to the Bengals stealing a win at New York?

#1. Get pressure on Manning
#2. Give Carson time to throw
#3. Reduce the three-and-outs
#4. Get big games from Chad and T.J.
#5. Keep Jacobs contained
I think there is more than one right answer here. We HAVE to get pressure on Manning. If we don't, the others won't matter much. Carson most DEFINITIVELY needs time to throw or we lose again. We need to sustain drives and reduce 3 and outs to not only put scoring drives together, but to keep our young defense off the field and fresh. Chad and TJ have got to figure out a way to get open and let Carson see them, but this also hinges on protection. Jacobs in my opinion is better than any RB we have seen and they can't let him shake loose. I have a bad feeling about Jacobs running over guys this Sunday.

Bottomline is, the Bengals are going to have to put together the perfect game plan and be able to execute without many mistakes to beat the Giants on their home turf. We will have to be able to make in game adjustments and be VERY conscious of the pass rush the Giants defense is SURE to bring.

That being said:
Giants 42
Bengals 7
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
That being said:
Giants 42
Bengals 7
LOL I skipped everything else and I just saw this and started laughing.

Tuck and Kiwanuka will get to know Carson well. I honestly would say if it was just about any other team (that couldn't bring the heat as well) that this could be the game things get turned around.

I don't see it happening. We're going to get smoked because Carson won't get a second to throw. I'm honestly just going to be watching this game for the defense. Ugh, I normally have to beg to get off work but I don't even think I'm going to worry about it.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3: New York

Week 3 vs. the SB champs. I wish them luck, things aren't exactly looking up.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont say that.. Any given sunday anything can happen. Football is about matchups and it depends on the gameplans for both teams.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Dont say that.. Any given sunday anything can happen. Football is about matchups and it depends on the gameplans for both teams.
Well, given how our defense has been playing well I would be saying we have a shot. It's just a matter of time until our offense comes back together, to a certain degree anyway. However, your pass rush is going to slaughter us which means the defense has to live on the field again and Bradshaw/Jacobs will kill us in the second half.

If they can find a way to keep Carson protected, we've got a decent chance. That 'if' is a MASSIVE if though so I'm definitely expecting the worst.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
"Any Given Sunday" only applies when a team wants to give a f*ck and right now, they don't appear to... I will say this though:

If this offense can find a way to put things together and regain their timing things could turn the corner. The running game needs to come to life as well. While I am NO WHERE NEAR saying this is a playoff team, they do have a chance to figure things out as they go. If the offense does get it together, the defense would look much much better as well.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard your two safties are out for the game, and that Joseph CB is out. Is that right?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dexter Jackson is out but in my opinion and a lot of others Chinedum Ndukwe gives us a lot more, just lacks experience. I'd much rather have Chinny in there and to my knowledge Marvin White is fine. Joseph is listed as probable with a hamstring but Marvin Lewis said something about an ankle injury.. I sure hope he plays, David Jones will be toast by the end of that game.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go ahead and call the upset right now.

No reason why, just a feeling.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

This game has all the makings of an upset and the Giants should actually be thinking about things and not overlooking the Bengals. Seriously, the Giants are coming off as SB champs, starting the season 2-0, going up against a sh*tty team, and could get a little overconfident. I'm not even kidding about this either.

One of these games, the offense is going to click and when it does, the defense is not going to be on the field as long and I think we will see more of their progression.

I will once again be in front of the TV cheering them on...
Old 09-17-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I admire your confidence fellas, it's very welcome.

I can't bring myself to have the slightest amount of hope. I would love to be made to look like a fool. It's mostly that I think their pass rush is just going to kill us. I'm actually fairly confident in our defense to this point.

I will be watching, just not sure if it will be with my buddies or at work. I hate watching them at work but I also wish I would've worked after we get destroyed lol.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

For as disgusted as I am at the current situation, I will always hold out hope. I have gotten over first two weeks and am looking forward hoping that this is the game our offense finally gets things together and looks in sync. None of that means they are going to win the game, but I will be hoping and cheering for it just the same !!!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Joseph and Utecht listed as doubtful, ouch!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.

Palmer may die Sunday... their D-line is going to destroy our O-line.
twizbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, just like everyone else, is hoping for the best going into this game, as bleak as it might be. Yes, their DL is going to poop on our OL and Carson's jersey will not be clean if the OL doesn't get their sh*t together. I'm pulling for another decently strong performance by the defense. I want to see if we can contain the Giants offense.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, I'm working Sunday. I managed to get the first two weeks off and a couple of the next string of Sunday's but I decided to not beg off for this one. I figure if they're going to get destroyed, I might as well be watching it at work (I take a TV, small and black/white but hey, I'll take what I can get).

For whatever reason I'm somewhat optimistic that we could pull it off, not to say I'm expecting it in any way but who knows what to expect out of this team.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:53 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants Dline(BTW) has been and always will be overrated. If we get **** on by this figment of what they essentially "were" ill be pissed. Our OL is VERY good but with a HORRIBLE Center everyone looks bad.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-20-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
The Giants Dline(BTW) has been and always will be overrated. If we get **** on by this figment of what they essentially "were" ill be pissed. Our OL is VERY good but with a HORRIBLE Center everyone looks bad.
Explain this overrated theory of yours...

And the whole "our O-line is good" thing...
twizbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

we have four good olineman on this team but when your center cant do anything it makes the whole line look bad. he not only has a problem physically blocking but apparently he is terrible at making the calls. hard to accomplish much when that is the case. Jones, Whitworth, Williams, and Andrews are quality players. Ghiaciuc is the worst starting C in the NFL.

ESPN is all over the Giants defensive line's nuts ever since the Super Bowl. They lost Osi and a future HOFer in Strahan. Kiwanuka is inexperienced but they do have Tuck. They act like that DL was the second coming of the Steel Curtain or something. That is why they are overrated. Not because they are not good but because they are so hyped up even now when they are a figment of what they were in the Super Bowl.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-21-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
YES. We have a quality OL with the exception of Ghiaciuc. If we had a decent C, the OL would do wonders, but he brings the whole line, and therefore the entire offense down.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

They are doing pretty well against them up front save when they brought the house a few times. The Run game is lookin real good right now.

Defense has held up somewhat with a banged up secondary but we need to bring some more pressure. 3-4 rushers is not going to work against this OL.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-21-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

We got pretty lucky that the Giants didn't challenge that incomplete to Burress in the endzone cause it rly looked like he got it.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-21-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I am impressed with the defense thus far. They're not getting worn out because the offense is actually staying on the field and producing as opposed to going 3 and out every series. My optimism remains.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I want from our D is sacks. Still no sacks. But other than that the D is solid. We have this D in 05 and then its a whole new ball game

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

We aren't getting sacks mainly due to the fact that we aren't blitzing very much. This is a very good OL for the G-Men and we are going to need to blitz/stunt to get some pressure.

I said this before and although the stats wouldn't agree with me our OL is looking pretty good thus far in both the run and pass game. Levi Jones just pisses me off though. Liking what I'm seeing from Chris Perry and Antonio Chatman is even looking good.

Jeanty is getting some good licks on Brandon Jacobs today as well. He is REALLY a good thumper.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165