Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
everything_evil

cato june is so small for a starting lber
Old 03-02-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Alright here is the latest-

-Rhodes is spending the night with Giants reps. He wants to be here. No contract numbers than I know of yet.

-Two LBs are being actively pursued, not sure if they are going after both will settle for one because of finances. The 2 LBs are Cato June and.....can't believe I am saying this....Joey Porter. Porter's agent has expressed Joey's interest to play in NY.

-Leonard Davis and Roderick Hood are back and forth with what they are doing with their visits. Hood has 2 visits already planned, nothing mentioned about the Giants. Davis wants to be a Cowboy, but wants LT money. Not even Jones offered today during his visit....that is scaring me because the Giants are going to apparantly make him a bigger offer....not sure what that is though.

-Eli Manning $12 million cap number for 2007 has not been re-structured and likely will stay that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Alright here is the latest-

-Rhodes is spending the night with Giants reps. He wants to be here. No contract numbers than I know of yet.

-Two LBs are being actively pursued, not sure if they are going after both will settle for one because of finances. The 2 LBs are Cato June and.....can't believe I am saying this....Joey Porter. Porter's agent has expressed Joey's interest to play in NY.

-Leonard Davis and Roderick Hood are back and forth with what they are doing with their visits. Hood has 2 visits already planned, nothing mentioned about the Giants. Davis wants to be a Cowboy, but wants LT money. Not even Jones offered today during his visit....that is scaring me because the Giants are going to apparantly make him a bigger offer....not sure what that is though.

-Eli Manning $12 million cap number for 2007 has not been re-structured and likely will stay that way.
I don't like any of those names...at all. I can live with Rhodes, but I wouldn't like getting him. When will we learn, you can't fix your problems through FA. We have to build through the draft. I hate Porter, I hate June, hate Davis, hate all of them.

I'll actually be a happy man if we make no FA moves whatsoever this year. Enough is enough with FA. Im tired of it. Build through the draft dammit.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't like any of those names...at all. I can live with Rhodes, but I wouldn't like getting him. When will we learn, you can't fix your problems through FA. We have to build through the draft. I hate Porter, I hate June, hate Davis, hate all of them.

I'll actually be a happy man if we make no FA moves whatsoever this year. Enough is enough with FA. Im tired of it. Build through the draft dammit.
I concur. We need youth and speed. Not a big fan of June. I actually wouldn't mind Porter as our SLB. The two guys I actually wanted (Dockery, Steinbech) are off the market. I heard somewhere that Reese cut Luke because he likes Whimper. I'd like to see what Whimper can do for us next year.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Whimper is still a couple years away from being a starter...

Rhodes is the only player thats a great fit on that list. Cato June would be allrite i guess, but nothing to go crazy over and we still would have to draft a linebacker in the first 2 rounds imo...

Leonard Davis sucks. Joey Porter is a loudmouth and dont want him on the team
Old 03-02-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really starting to question Reese's talent evaluation skills if he honestly thinks that June, Davis, Porter etc are good players who can help us. They all suck, and they'd just be expensive JAGs.

Hopefully we do nothing in FA. Im serious. We should do nothing. That would be the best FA move we've made in years.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Im really starting to question Reese's talent evaluation skills if he honestly thinks that June, Davis, Porter etc are good players who can help us. They all suck, and they'd just be expensive JAGs.

Hopefully we do nothing in FA. Im serious. We should do nothing. That would be the best FA move we've made in years.
Wohh Calm down there buddy.

I am not in love with the names either and I'm not saying we should throw money around at 20 guys. But there needs to be some FAs brought in, no questions asked.

And Reese has not spent a dollar in FA yet, lets try not to bash him.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Wohh Calm down there buddy.

I am not in love with the names either and I'm not saying we should throw money around at 20 guys. But there needs to be some FAs brought in, no questions asked.

And Reese has not spent a dollar in FA yet, lets try not to bash him.
Im not bashing him yet...but if he wants to sign Porter or June, I'll start to question him.

I think we don't need any FAs. What will a couple of JAGs do for us? I rather resign Short then sign Porter. I rather let Wilkinson/Chase develop then let him rot behind Cato "I can't wrap up a christmas present let alone a RB" June.

Leonard Davis blocking Eli's blindside? You might as well let Whimper give it a shot, he can't honestly be any worse than Davis.

We should just stick to the draft, and let our in house talent develop. If certain guys don't work, take it from there. But constantly trying to fix our holes with aging, overpaid over the hill FAs every year is not the answer. We learned that with Accorsi.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Im not bashing him yet...but if he wants to sign Porter or June, I'll start to question him.

I think we don't need any FAs. What will a couple of JAGs do for us? I rather resign Short then sign Porter. I rather let Wilkinson/Chase develop then let him rot behind Cato "I can't wrap up a christmas present let alone a RB" June.

Leonard Davis blocking Eli's blindside? You might as well let Whimper give it a shot, he can't honestly be any worse than Davis.

We should just stick to the draft, and let our in house talent develop. If certain guys don't work, take it from there. But constantly trying to fix our holes with aging, overpaid over the hill FAs every year is not the answer. We learned that with Accorsi.
I think Davis would be brought in as our LG. Not saying I agree with it though.

I'm not going to overly evaluate Reese until May because I still feel he has a plan, and a good one at that.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What plan does he have?

I would rather have Aarington then June or Porter. I would rather have Pettigout then Leonard Davis by a big margin.

Wanting to bring in a veteran running back is the only move Reese has done well so far, and my grandmother could do that.

Obviously its way too early to say, but if he started at zero, hes well below that in my book as of right now

Last edited by GiantRutgersFan : 03-02-2007 at 08:55 PM.
GiantRutgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
What plan does he have?

I would rather have Aarington then June or Porter. I would rather have Pettigout then Leonard Davis by a big margin.

Wanting to bring in a veteran running back is the only move Reese has done well so far, and my grandmother could do that.
What are you talking about?

1-Arrington's career is likely OVER

2-When did we sign Davis? And if we do end up signing him, I doubt he plays LT. Diehl will.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-02-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Davis agrees to play LG for us then I'll def welcome him, he was a great guard before being moved out to tackle
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point I wouldnt mind signing Rhodes and Hood and thats about it. Maybe a couple of guys close to the minimum who could try and make the team at certain other positions.

We would then have a lot of cap room still. How about siging a guy like Snee to a heavily front loaded contract. A contract with a big number this upcoming season so we could take advatage of all the space teams have this year. Then he would make very small base salaries next year and the year after when there might be FAs worth going after.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found a rumour I thought was interesting... the source is the Washington Post, so obviously it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030101660.html

Quote:
In something of a long shot, the Redskins also could be in the running for left defensive end Michael Strahan, who met with New York Giants officials this week in an attempt to be traded. Strahan has two years left on his current contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

I would trade Strahan to the Skins.

He is kind of overrated and has been injured a lot the last 2 years. Kiwi and Osi are both very good, and Tuck could start for a lot of teams.

Hes 35 years old also...

The problem is that The only pick the Skins have is #6. Besides Santana Moss or Sean Taylor, I dont really want any Redskin players. So I doubt it really happens
Old 03-02-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would trade Strahan to the Skins.

He is kind of overrated and has been injured a lot the last 2 years. Kiwi and Osi are both very good, and Tuck could start for a lot of teams.

Hes 35 years old also...

The problem is that The only pick the Skins have is #6. Besides Santana Moss or Sean Taylor, I dont really want any Redskin players. So I doubt it really happens

LEAVE.

DON'T EVER COME BACK.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-02-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
LEAVE.

DON'T EVER COME BACK.

Yea why?

Strahan has had some great moments with us, and I realize that he is a future HOFer, but he is injury prone and has 3 years left MAX. Hes 35 years old.

Eagles or Cowboys? No way I wouldnt trade him there. But to the Skins, I probably would. Especially after he showed the disrespect to ask for more money or a trade when hes 35 years old.

not our fault he did all that stuff regarding his wife and has to pay so much money...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea why?

Strahan has had some great moments with us, and I realize that he is a future HOFer, but he is injury prone and has 3 years left MAX. Hes 35 years old.

Eagles or Cowboys? No way I wouldnt trade him there. But to the Skins, I probably would. Especially after he showed the disrespect to ask for more money or a trade when hes 35 years old.

not our fault he did all that stuff regarding his wife and has to pay so much money...
YOU ARE INCREDIBLY SHALLOW MINDED, UNREAL.

HOW DO YOU KNOW HE ASKED FOR MORE MONEY?!?!?!?!?!?! THE WASHINGTON POST IS AS UNRELIABLE AS IT GETS!!!!!!!!!!! THE MEETING WAS ABOUT HIS FUTURE WITH THE TEAM AND HE HAS EARNED THE RIGHT TO ASK A GM WHO APPEARS TO BE TRIGGER HAPPY ON PLAYERS COMING OFF INJURIES!!!!!!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I READ ON THIS SITE SOMETIMES, UNREAL!!!!!!
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-02-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Giants Pride
Rookie

Giants Pride hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Arrington better then Cato June or Joey Porter? Come on people lets have a little sense.

Joey Porter could be considered 1 year off of a defensive POY. I dont know if he is 30 yet and he was released by an organization that has traditionally had a quick trigger finger when it comes to getting rid of its star players (Kevin Greene, Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown).

Depending on the price, I would not mind bringing him in. The only thing that scares me about him is his injury situation.

June on the other hand was a pretty good performer on the defense that WON the superbowl this year. The defense that won 2 playoff games on their own. He is small, yes, but he has speed. We have neither size nor speed, and there arent too many alternatives out there. While I dont love June, he is 27 and if he is signed I would like it. If Kiwi is moving out to SAM we need a WILL with strong coverage skills and June defenately provides that.

The Leonard Davis move I dont know what to make of. I can see them wanting to get more "road graders" for Jacobs running style, and to be honest I dont know much about Davis other than that he is definately not the LT he was drafted to be. He is huge so how bad of a LG could he be? LT money though would really turn me off.

I think Reese is doing a pretty good job. He needs to fill some needs via FA, unlike fans, he cant afford to sit back and say "I dont like any of these FA's, Blackburn, Wilkinson, and some LB'er whose scouting report sounds good will be more than enough". He needs to field a legitamate NFL roster and explore all possibilities. He hasnt made any moves yet so there is nothing to really complain about, but if he gets either Porter or June I think that would be a good step in the right direction.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
JoshTheStampede

You know, I'd hate to see Strahan go to the Skins, but if the rumor is at all true and he in fact asked to be traded, then I really can't blame them for trading him. I'd rather trade him out of division, but hey, sometimes you take what you can get.

If he no longer wants to be here, then he's not going to be as dominant as he could be. So if we can get some value from his departure, that's better than letting him laguish away and retire ignominously.

Of course, I'd rather he want to be here and return to form and finish his career as a Giant and help us win a Super Bowl before he goes. But that might not be realistic if he no longer feels like he wants to be here.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Number 10 settle down... you drunk or something? lol. People talk about trading Eli and Shockey, who are the future of the team and you get mad over talking about Strahan after rumors say that he wants a trade?

Leonard Davis isnt even a good player. Hes a definite bad signing.

But I am definitly warming up to cato june. he would bring some speed to our LBs and hes still young.

Joey Porter has a big mouth, and is gonna cost a real lot. Plus hes 30 already. Not a big fan of him. He was cut for a reason...

I for one liked Acorsi and Reese just kind of came in and decided to cut a bunch of people for little to no reason like a jackass.

I mean, maybe he will be good, but he created several holes and were not really gaining anything from it....

Last edited by GiantRutgersFan : 03-03-2007 at 12:23 AM.
GiantRutgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

GRF-

Please show me where one person here has said anything about trading Shockey or Eli.

.........Only kids who have not a clue about the game such as yourself would ever say that. It's guys like that give the Giants fans here a bad name.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-03-2007, 05:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

number 10 you are 100% right. why would we trade strahan??? within our division no less?????? honestly have these guys who say go ahead and trade watch the last half of our season. granted kiwi played well, but is it a coincidence once strahan was out we started losing?? who ever said trade eli or shockey?? this is just awe-strucking

plus people are acting like we signed davis already, we didnt! if we do i wouldnt mind him at LG but not tackle. i bet jacobs would love to run behind this 6'6 monster inside
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The main issue I have with Leonard Davis is...he's simply not the same player anymore. If he could play at Guard, they wouldve kept him and moved him to Guard. He's extremely out of shape now, having ballooned to 360 LBs, that wasn't his weight during his OG years. His work ethic stinks, he's simply not the same guy anymore.

A lot of times when we talk about FAs, we always look back a couple of years and say "he was good then" etc. But the reality is, that was then and this is now. Times change, players change, they get older, slower, etc. Davis simply is not the guy he used to be, he's not even a worthy Guard anymore to me. He's just a big out of shape guy.

And we are NOT trading Strahan...hopefully. Especially to a in division rival. That is idiotic to say the least. The man is still the best run stuffing DE in the league, and a force at pass rushing, and he's the leader of our team. We're freakin 2-15 without him. He's more important to our team than anybody. Even now at 35. He's gonna retire a Giant, and will never wear another uniform. Thats not how the Giants do business. This is a class organization, and they don't do that to their players.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-03-2007 at 08:26 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

I think either Porter or June would be very good pick-ups. Porter would bring that attitude to the defense that the Giants need and woul be a good pass rushing SLB. June would also be a good pass rushing LB, but at the Weak Side. One problem we had last year was pass coverage from the LB position and June is one of the best coverage LB's in the game with very good hands. I DO NOT want Leonard Davis. The Cardinals are in dire need of an OL and they choose to let Davis go. That doesn't say too much about him. He has been a bust ever since he was drafted #2 overall.
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote