Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,263
Reputation: 1636
Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Good one...
No punchline to that ****.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Marlo
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post


get out.
Oh, you made me a bowl of cereal, how nice. Next time make it steak and potatoes though honey.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yurop
Posts: 11,038
Reputation: 230303
Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Oh, you made me a bowl of cereal, how nice. Next time make it steak and potatoes though honey.
let's see... that comment is rude, degrading AND stereotypical...

I love it.
__________________

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: wrigleyland
Posts: 7,668
Reputation: 93956
awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Oh, you made me a bowl of cereal, how nice. Next time make it steak and potatoes though honey.
...
obviously you're not one to cultural references...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ASjFzi7J0

that might explain things.
__________________
http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,277
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This is devastating. They were already getting eaten alive by opposing running backs. This just doesn't seem like the Colts' year. They barely beat a Vikings team with a floundering Tarvaris Jackson.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This is devastating. They were already getting eaten alive by opposing running backs. This just doesn't seem like the Colts' year. They barely beat a Vikings team with a floundering Tarvaris Jackson.
They barely beat the Oakland Raiders with him last year. They barely beat Miami the year they won it all. Will it be harder to win without Bob? Yes, but the Colts have done it before, there's no reason they can't do it again.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,483
Reputation: 2501644
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

For someone who gets so much praise, he's way too injury prone. Players like that are more trouble than they are worth. They force the team to rely on them and then when they get hurt, the team takes a major hit. So the team must then invest in a replacement. Double the investment on 1 single position. If the Colts are smart, they trade him while they can get something worthwhile in return.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,762
Reputation: 4521771
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
They barely beat the Oakland Raiders with him last year. They barely beat Miami the year they won it all. Will it be harder to win without Bob? Yes, but the Colts have done it before, there's no reason they can't do it again.
Except that they lost and should have lost games against mediocre teams. One team didn't even pass the ball! The injuries on the offensive line might be a little too much to overcome, or the defense is just that horrible, but had it been any other starting QB in the NFL instead of T-Jack on Sunday, and they would have lost.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Except that they lost and should have lost games against mediocre teams. One team didn't even pass the ball! The injuries on the offensive line might be a little too much to overcome, or the defense is just that horrible, but had it been any other starting QB in the NFL instead of T-Jack on Sunday, and they would have lost.
Why is it that when other defenses bend but don't break, they had a good performance, but when the Colts defense does it, it's because the opposing team didn't execute? Just curious, because this is far from the first time I've heard this.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,762
Reputation: 4521771
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Why is it that when other defenses bend but don't break, they had a good performance, but when the Colts defense does it, it's because the opposing team didn't execute? Just curious, because this is far from the first time I've heard this.
Because when you pretty much know the other teams gameplan due to their complete inability to move the ball through the air, yet you still get trashed on the ground, you're pretty bad.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Because when you pretty much know the other teams gameplan due to their complete inability to move the ball through the air, yet you still get trashed on the ground, you're pretty bad.
This is Adrian Peterson, the guy who torched San Diego for 295. It's not like we're talking about some scrub here, this is quite possibly the best RB in the NFL. Honestly, look at Jackson's numbers, it's not like he had such a bad game that you can point to it and say "that's the reason why they lost". The Colts gave up a couple of long runs, but when it came down to it, they tightened up and made the stops they needed to make to keep their team in the ballgame. If they were as bad as you say, AD would've had 3 TDs at least.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,762
Reputation: 4521771
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This is Adrian Peterson, the guy who torched San Diego for 295. It's not like we're talking about some scrub here, this is quite possibly the best RB in the NFL. Honestly, look at Jackson's numbers, it's not like he had such a bad game that you can point to it and say "that's the reason why they lost". The Colts gave up a couple of long runs, but when it came down to it, they tightened up and made the stops they needed to make to keep their team in the ballgame. If they were as bad as you say, AD would've had 3 TDs.
Yeah, except they got trashed by a rookie the previous week as well. And the playcalling is completely horrendous. That's why they didn't score a single damn touchdown.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, except they got trashed by a rookie the previous week as well. And the playcalling is completely horrendous. That's why they didn't score a single damn touchdown.
Don't know if you noticed, but Forte had a pretty good game against Carolina as well. Besides, both of these games happened with Bob Sanders, and with Melvin Bullitt in, the Colts allowed 28 rushing yards on 8 carries, so by your logic, the Colts defense will be better for this, right?
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,762
Reputation: 4521771
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Don't know if you noticed, but Forte had a pretty good game against Carolina as well. Besides, both of these games happened with Bob Sanders, and with Melvin Bullitt in, the Colts allowed 28 rushing yards on 8 carries, so by your logic, the Colts defense will be better for this, right?
How is that by my logic? I never made the assumption that because they allowed less yards in 8 carries with Bullitt in they'll be better. All i'm saying is that your pretty bad defense is gonna get worse. Spin it however you wish.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
How is that by my logic? I never made the assumption that because they allowed less yards in 8 carries with Bullitt in they'll be better. All i'm saying is that your pretty bad defense is gonna get worse. Spin it however you wish.
Your logic: The Colts defense has allowed a lot of rushing yards in the past two weeks, therefore they will allow more without Bob Sanders.

Problem: They did not allow more rushing yards, nor did they allow more yards per carry.

How is that difficult to comprehend?
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 23,086
Reputation: 3634364
yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Your logic: The Colts defense has allowed a lot of rushing yards in the past two weeks, therefore they will allow more without Bob Sanders.

Problem: They did not allow more rushing yards, nor did they allow more yards per carry.

How is that difficult to comprehend?
Sample Size.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,762
Reputation: 4521771
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Your logic: The Colts defense has allowed a lot of rushing yards in the past two weeks, therefore they will allow more without Bob Sanders.

Problem: They did not allow more rushing yards, nor did they allow more yards per carry.

How is that difficult to comprehend?
I find it laughable that you're making a serious argument out of 8 carries.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Sample Size.
His point is stupid, I'm countering with stupid. Anyone who has watched the Colts in recent years knows their run defense has never been more than league average, and there have been a couple of times in the past 3 seasons that the Colts defense has been among the league's elite.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I find it laughable that you're making a serious argument out of 8 carries.
And I find it laughable you think the Colts defense is reliant on stopping the run, so we're even.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Dam, you need to stop attacking the logic of his argument and focus on the argument itself. There's no way that losing Sanders isn't a huge blow to their defense. Just look at the 2006 season, when the Colts were giving up rushing yards at a record pace. Trying to argue otherwise makes you seem like the Charger fans who said they'd be fine without Merriman. Sanders is the glue to your defense. He's the one that holds it together.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,263
Reputation: 1636
Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Dam, you need to stop attacking the logic of his argument and focus on the argument itself. There's no way that losing Sanders isn't a huge blow to their defense. Just look at the 2006 season, when the Colts were giving up rushing yards at a record pace. Trying to argue otherwise makes you seem like the Charger fans who said they'd be fine without Merriman. Sanders is the glue to your defense. He's the one that holds it together.
You're smarter than most stoners, I'll give you that.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Dam, you need to stop attacking the logic of his argument and focus on the argument itself. There's no way that losing Sanders isn't a huge blow to their defense. Just look at the 2006 season, when the Colts were giving up rushing yards at a record pace. Trying to argue otherwise makes you seem like the Charger fans who said they'd be fine without Merriman. Sanders is the glue to your defense. He's the one that holds it together.
Oh, I'm not saying it's not a huge blow, I understand the negative impact his absence brings, but I get sick of all the negativity about the Colts defense even after a pretty solid performance all things considered. Redzone defense is a great thing to have, it's pretty much the reason the Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2001. All things considered (for example, the Colts were playing Eric Foster, undersized for a UT, at NT, and the Vikings had Adrian Peterson), it's quite an accomplishment that once the Vikings hit the redzone, the Colts buckled down and held them to 3. Also, I find it pretty funny that he called the Colts defense "pretty bad" when they just LED THE LEAGUE in scoring defense, and were 3rd in yardage allowed. I'm not saying they've been great thus far, but they've only allowed 35 points thus far this season (can't blame them for the safety or the Briggs TD) despite all the rushing yardage they've allowed. Losing a player of Sanders' caliber definitely hurts, hopefully Bullitt can come in and be half of what Bob is to this defense, but I'd like to see my team's defense get credit for a good performance for once instead of everyone finding some way to say it's on the opposing offense. That's been my entire point all along.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:51 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On The Strong Legs Of Chris Johnson
Posts: 3,475
Reputation: 190879
islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Damn it must be christmas time for the titans.
__________________

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,277
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This is funny. First Bob Sanders was some miraculous run defender who turned the Colts' defense around by himself, and now they won't be much worse off without him. Come on!
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This is funny. First Bob Sanders was some miraculous run defender who turned the Colts' defense around by himself, and now they won't be much worse off without him. Come on!
Show me where I said any of that, other than facetiously saying saying that because the Vikings couldn't run in the 4th quarter, that Melvin Bullitt would be an improvement. I don't think you'll be able to find it. In fact, I think I acknowledged a few times that Bob being out was a HUGE blow for the defense. The only other things I've done here is defend my team's defensive performance last Sunday, which, while not stellar, was a lot better than "if it was any other QB than Tarvaris Jackson, the Colts would've lost", and make the point that the Colts have won without Sanders before, which they have.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.