Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love WCO. I do agree w/ BBD how Shannahan has a great WCO. If I could build a O it would be...

o-line- mobile and well rounded, can pull,move and get to the 2nd level w/ RB. I would prefer there size to be around 6'4 - 6'7 300-310.
qb-A smart and poised QB, he doesnt need a Jamarcus Russell cannon but has a adequate arm. He doesnt need Mike Vick speed but can move around just enough in the pocket to buy a split second to make the pass. He can be a game manager IDC.
fb-A big mean blocker, preety much a extra o-lineman, but can play short yardage if needed. IDC if he can catch or not, it would be a plus but not needed. A good size would be around 6'0 250-265
rb-A speed back, but big enough to take a hit. He can catch out of the back field and can take it every play. He doesnt have to be a Bettis type of power back but enough to not go down on every tackle. A good size would be 5'10 - 6'0 200-210
te-A great run blocker, but big enough to be a endzone threat. 6'5 230
wr-I would use a 3 WR set a lot. I would have one WR that can turn a 2 yard slant to a 50 yard gain, they dont need amazing 40 yard dash speed but enough to get open and break a tackle, then a bigger posession WR who has perfect routes and good hands, is tall enough to be a redzone threat. Then a speedster who is as fast as hell.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about the Colts' offense? Its been essentially the same for a number of years yet its still been effective
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
How about the Colts' offense? Its been essentially the same for a number of years yet its still been effective
Here's my issue with the Colts offense.

How much of it is the scheme, vs Peyton Manning?

Id say its more Peyton than scheme.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite has to be Ken Wisenhunts offense, probably more in Arizona than Pittsburgh but either version is great

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

The same can be said about every system. You need the right players for your scheme or it won't work. Not necessarily the "best" players, but the right players. Manning excels in the no-huddle offense so he's a perfect fit for that scheme.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning would excel in any offense. What offense fits him best is the no huddle.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

A real west coast offense.

Not the **** they put on the field these days.

Martyball?
1. Run
2. Run
3. Pass
4. Punt
Predictable?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 09-17-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never had more fun watching football then when Mike Martz ran teh Greatest Show on Turf. When that offense of his is firing on all cylinders, its absolutely dominant and beautiful to watch.

although I think I do enjoy wathcing the Ravens defense more, but thats a different discussion :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
A real west coast offense.

Not the **** they put on the field these days.

Martyball?
1. Run
2. Run
3. Pass
4. Punt
Predictable?
No, that's not martyball, that's Childress's weekly gameplan (go watch the film)...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Not a big fan of the WCO, but the one great thing about the system, specifically Mike Martz's as an example, is the way he calls his plays. I love the use of tags for the route numbers rather than using 2 digit numbers. And it's easy for the players to remember the #s. If not I guess they can try to wear wristbands to help, but overall it's a sweet system in terms of terminology.
Mike Martz is about as exact opposite of WCO as it gets. He's pretty close to Air Coryell.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta love Jason Garrett, he's really turned that Dallas offensive around. The creativity, the mix between run and pass, everything. Granted, he has the options to do it, some of the best players at their respective positions, but it's great to watch.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Mike Martz is about as exact opposite of WCO as it gets. He's pretty close to Air Coryell.
O i know I just mentioned not a fan of the WCO. I actually have 2 of Mike Martz's playbooks when he was with the Rams. That's why I am commenting on the terminology because it's basically the same as the system I coached under this past year. Now that I reread what I wrote, I perhaps didn't articulate that right. But yeah his playbooks are damn good, and extensive. I like that Air C. system, which is consistent of the systems I like, that being Run N Shoot, and Spread.

He and my OC used the exact use of #s to tag each individual route, which is what West coast offenses do actually. So it's a west course offense type labeling but the system isn't that like you mentioned.. But not really a fan of the WCO. Some of Mike martz's use of the shallow concept is really damn good!

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 09-17-2008 at 07:19 PM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay's offensive scheme

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Green Bay's offensive scheme
Yup I can co-sign to that. I broke that game down last year, and they have very creative formations, and very creative running plays. I love it actually! Two running concepts mixed into one running play. It's pretty damn sick!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having grown up in Northern California in the 80's, Im a true, Bill Walsh - West Coast Offense lover.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

spread offense thats 60% pass and 40% run...take TTU's offense and run a bit more, and you have my dream offense.

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Which Steeler offense? The Whistenhunt one, or the one they employ now? Bc the one they employ now is more of a spread offense that runs sweeps and pulling guards to the outside.
The Steelers offense has always relied on pulling guards.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
The Steelers offense has always relied on pulling guards.
Which is why I kinda wanted Faneca.. We rely on pulling guards too, and Faneca- Snee as our two guards would have been nasty!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Run N shoot and Green Bay's spread WCO.
And Walsh's original WCO

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And you'd be right. The Colts offense is far more reliant on execution of a few plays than it is scheming to get good matchups against the opposing defense.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about that vaunted Spurrier run and shoot.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The true Air Coryell. A dominant running game that sets up play action and deep passing. I'm not a big fan of the WCO, because it shrinks the field far too much. It doesn't stretch the field, so the defense can keep the safeties closer to the line of scrimmage to stop the run and the short passing game.

Say what you want about Norv Turner as a head coach, but the man is an offensive genius as a coordinator and runs the truest form of the Air Coryell that exists today. Every runningback he's ever coached has had outstanding seasons - Emmitt Smith, Stephen Davis, Ricky Williams, Frank Gore, and now LT. In the 90s, teams knew that the lead draw was coming to Emmitt on third downs, and still nobody could stop it.

Heavy passing schemes are for sissies. That **** is basketball on grass, not football.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No particular order... but I love John Fox's running schemes. Jason Garrett, Sean Payton... love their balanced attacks. John McDaniels has a beautiful passing offense to watch.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Payton is about the brightest offensive mind in football.

Jason Garrett is also a brilliant play caller.

Peyton Manning's system is great as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Denver's passing game off of the pa is poetry. I love the roll-outs, bootlegs, and just how the passing game runs. Running game wise, I hate the Denver ZBS and such. I like power blocking schemes. Sadly, the two dont match.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote