Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2006 QB class

Young
Matt L
Cutler
Kellen Clemons
Tavaris Jackson
Charlie Whitehust
Brodie Croyle
Brad Smith QB/Wr
Omar Jacobs
Reggie McNeal
Bruce Gradkowsi
DJ Shockely

Interesting to see now how in a couple years how everything is sort of playing out. I personally thought Matt L was the best followed by Cutler. Good to see Cutler do well though. Normally Vandy doesn't do well, but great to see a school like that produce a good QB.

First we hear about Vince Young's issues, and even Whitlock, who I am not a fan of, before the draft commented on he isn't ready for the NFL. And now with Matt L an article like this comes out.

Matt Leinart Pouts While Warner, Boldin, & Fitzgerald Carve Up Miami Defense
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-miami-defense

So with the exception of Cutler, how do we rank this QB class? Even if we wait a couple more years does anything think this class can get any better?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Here's how I see this clas breaking down in about 2 or 3 years
Cutler
Young
Tarvaris Jackson
Croyle
Whitehurst
Leinart
Clemons
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005 class is just as bad:

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter
David Greene
Kyle Orton
Stefan LeFors (He knows American Sign Language, so he is that much cooler)
Dan Orlovsky
Adrian McPherson
Derek Anderson
James Kilian
Matt Cassell
Ryan Fitzpatrick

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Here's how I see this clas breaking down in about 2 or 3 years
Cutler
Young
Tarvaris Jackson
Croyle
Whitehurst
Leinart
Clemons
You're insane if you think all those guys are gonna be better than Matt Leinart (aside from Cutler).
Old 09-17-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You're insane if you think all those guys are gonna be better than Matt Leinart (aside from Cutler).
I always think of it as a QB can be better but not as productive as another QB in another system. So QB A can naturally be better, but his production may not be anywhere near QB B who is not as good, but has weapons around him, thus his production on the field via stats, reflect so.

I think Matt L is a good QB, but attitude, immaturity, and perhaps work ethic may the issue. Whatever it is, and whatever people may want to call it, that variable is hurting his production on the field.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I always think of it as a QB can be better but not as productive as another QB in another system. So QB A can naturally be better, but his production may not be anywhere near QB B who is not as good, but has weapons around him, thus his production on the field via stats, reflect so.

I think Matt L is a good QB, but attitude, immaturity, and perhaps work ethic may the issue. Whatever it is, and whatever people may want to call it, that variable is hurting his production on the field.
Yes, i realize that, but what has Tarvaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst and Brodie Croyle done to automatically be better?

I don't think Matt Leinart has immaturity, attitude or work ethic issues. I think it's more of him letting outside distractions affect his play. Expectations were set high for him as well, so that might be lingering in his head. He has tools, and he has shown that he can manage an offense. He has performed under pressure, so i don't know what it is that's keeping Leinart from succeeding, but i'm willing to bet that eventually he'll figure it out.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yes, i realize that, but what has Tarvaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst and Brodie Croyle done to automatically be better?

I don't think Matt Leinart has immaturity, attitude or work ethic issues. I think it's more of him letting outside distractions affect his play. Expectations were set high for him as well, so that might be lingering in his head. He has tools, and he has shown that he can manage an offense. He has performed under pressure, so i don't know what it is that's keeping Leinart from succeeding, but i'm willing to bet that eventually he'll figure it out.

Read that article I posted on the bottom. Being disengaged and not looking at the photos while your 3rd string does, is attitude. Work ethic part should tell someone, hey I am not the starting QB, maybe I need to work harder, and so even if i am not starting I need to prepare because 1 play can make a difference. Being disengaged, and your 3rd stringer still working hard is a sad thing for Matt L. Just because you're not starting doesn't mean you stop working and supporing your team mates. Look at Warner, he is such a classy guy, even when Warner was # 2, he was still there working hard and supporting Matt when he'd come back to the sideline.

They may not be automatically "better" but who knows if they work hard and have the right attitude, while the other QB doesn't, they can be better, but of course, I'd wait 2-3 more years to see what happens.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I just don't think Leinart his mentality to be a really successful QB, Jackson has struggled but he's suffered incredibly bad coaching and play calling that leaves him screwed. He deserves part of the blame, but with a good coach he's got the work ethic and smarts to be a successful NFL QB and Leader.

I liked Charlie Whitehurst a lot as a prospect and I a believe once he gets a chance to start on some team he'll be a success, he hasn't proven anything in the NFL yet but he has been behind a top tier starter every season so far.

Croyle and Leinart are inter-changeable in my eyes. Croyle could be a tolerable QB if the chiefs had an elite Offensive Line that gave him time, and actually would put up some big numbers with his arm despite never really being more than an average QB.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Lienart....but hadn't seen enough of cutler to make a judgement but I knew he had great tools..... I had Young as the most likely to bust

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Croyle > all - Cutlers
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I liked Lienart....but hadn't seen enough of cutler to make a judgement but I knew he had great tools..... I had Young as the most likely to bust
I've never liked Leinart as a pro prospect. I still think Young can be a successful NFL QB if he can get himself together and just go out and play like he did in college were he was a leader on the field. I've loved cutler which is why I'm really on his nuts this season. He's finally starting to get to where he can and he's going to be a truly great one if everything goes well, i.e. no major injuries, his diabetes is well maintained and he doesn't do something completely ******** off the field.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Whitehurst when given his chance could be a very good QB. Croyle also just niether of them are in very good situations.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Leinart has a chance of redeeming himself. He hasn't looked well so far but I always think he does have Kurt Warner to fight off (although not the great Warner of the Rams, but still) and Ken Wisenhunt who seems very unwilling to commit. Now I understand Wisenhunt's decision but when it comes to young QB's you gotta let them play, it's the only way to get experience.

Young and Cutler got the offenses handed to them, Leinart didn't. I still think he can be the second best QB out of the class (behind Cutler, obviously). Young I felt had and has the highest bust potential and although he has no targets, I don't know if his psyche will hold up against the scrutiny. All other QB's from the class are career backups (save maybe Clemens) or IR-filler material (see: Croyle, Brodie).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I still think Leinart has a chance of redeeming himself. He hasn't looked well so far but I always think he does have Kurt Warner to fight off (although not the great Warner of the Rams, but still) and Ken Wisenhunt who seems very unwilling to commit. Now I understand Wisenhunt's decision but when it comes to young QB's you gotta let them play, it's the only way to get experience.

Young and Cutler got the offenses handed to them, Leinart didn't. I still think he can be the second best QB out of the class (behind Cutler, obviously). Young I felt had and has the highest bust potential and although he has no targets, I don't know if his psyche will hold up against the scrutiny. All other QB's from the class are career backups (save maybe Clemens) or IR-filler material (see: Croyle, Brodie).
Leinart just doesn't fight for it, he's accepted failure and if his mentality doesn't change he's going to be a major disappointment, maybe not a bust, he could still be a solid starter with the talent around him, but he'll be a huge disappointment.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Leinart just doesn't fight for it, he's accepted failure and if his mentality doesn't change he's going to be a major disappointment, maybe not a bust, he could still be a solid starter with the talent around him, but he'll be a huge disappointment.
I think we're gonna end up agreeing to disagree here. I do think Leinart has been thrown to the wolves a bit too much. Wisenhunt seems very very willing to yank him out of a game when he's not playing well, something that normally doesn't happen to a young QB of the future.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-17-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I think we're gonna end up agreeing to disagree here. I do think Leinart has been thrown to the wolves a bit too much. Wisenhunt seems very very willing to yank him out of a game when he's not playing well, something that normally doesn't happen to a young QB of the future.
Yeah, but he should still be working to improve his game, that's what a lot of other young QBs are doing, instead of just moping and partying as though he can't do anything about the situation.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler looks like the only one of the bunch that will pan out. Im surprised and disappointed in Leinart, he's going to be a bust. Unless a WCO team with promise scoops him up and he changes his attitude. He looked good under Green, so maybe all hope is not lost with a change of scenery.

Young, I think his days are numbered. Depression is difficult to overcome, especially for a qb who doesn't want to play.

How bout that 04 class? :) Eli, Rivers, Ben, Schaub. Best class since the Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, Eason class.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Cutler looks like the only one of the bunch that will pan out. Im surprised and disappointed in Leinart, he's going to be a bust. Unless a WCO team with promise scoops him up and he changes his attitude. He looked good under Green, so maybe all hope is not lost with a change of scenery.

Young, I think his days are numbered. Depression is difficult to overcome, especially for a qb who doesn't want to play.

How bout that 04 class? :) Eli, Rivers, Ben, Schaub. Best class since the Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, Eason class.
O4 kills all classes in recent memory

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He would flourish in Tampa under Gruden.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
He would flourish in Tampa under Gruden.
Until Gruden gets enamoured by another QB a month later after Leinart is acquired...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Until Gruden gets enamoured by another QB a month later after Leinart is acquired...
Due to his struggles with his massive playbook.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
2005 class is just as bad:

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter
David Greene
Kyle Orton
Stefan LeFors (He knows American Sign Language, so he is that much cooler)
Dan Orlovsky
Adrian McPherson
Derek Anderson
James Kilian
Matt Cassell
Ryan Fitzpatrick
2005 is much better than 2006. Rodgers looks like he is going be an above average starting QB. Smith stinks so he drags the class down. Campbell has struggled but is still holding onto a job. Frye is a decent backup. Orton as well is a decent back up who happens to be starting. And of course Derek Anderson made the Pro Bowl whether he deserved it or not and got a nice extension. And Matt Cassell is now 2-0 as a starter.

This class probably doesn't have one player the caliber of Cutler (we'll wait and see on Rodgers) but it turned out to be deeper.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually kind of wanted the Titans to draft Aaron Rodgers in 05. We got Pacman and Vince Young instead....
Old 09-17-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats crazy about that draft was where Mario Williams wouldve fell had the Texans not selected him.

The Saints made it clear that had Bush not fallen to their lap, they would have selected AJ Hawk.

The Titans wouldve taken Young regardless if Williams was there.

The Jets ran a 3-4 and had no place for Williams, and would probably still take Brick.

Which would have put Williams on the Green Bay Packers. Can you imagine how beastly that defense would have been if Mario Williams and Aaron Kampman were their book ends?!

=0
Old 09-17-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Whats crazy about that draft was where Mario Williams wouldve fell had the Texans not selected him.

The Saints made it clear that had Bush not fallen to their lap, they would have selected AJ Hawk.

The Titans wouldve taken Young regardless if Williams was there.

The Jets ran a 3-4 and had no place for Williams, and would probably still take Brick.

Which would have put Williams on the Green Bay Packers. Can you imagine how beastly that defense would have been if Mario Williams and Aaron Kampman were their book ends?!

=0
yeah, although their linebacking corps would have been problematic though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC