Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ultimate NFL power rankings

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...gs/1-10/080917

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how are the vikings 7?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
how are the vikings 7?
Yeah that baffles me a bit

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ranking is also known as "Who are the most popular teams in the NFL?"

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know how I know this ranking is bogus? They list Houston as having 0 draft busts. I think everyone in the world can agree that Houston had at least 1 draft bust.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think they're really under-rating playoff success and SBs. Yeah the Vikings were been a consistently good team for a long time, but they were never great enough to win it all and that's gotta hurt.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
You know how I know this ranking is bogus? They list Houston as having 0 draft busts. I think everyone in the world can agree that Houston had at least 1 draft bust.
Yeah I thought the same thing..but the draft busts they counted were on a list of the top 50 draft busts of all time.

Mike Tirico

Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to ask what their definition of a bust is. I'm not overly familiar with each team's history, but all the draft bust numbers seem low...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Last edited by Addict : 09-17-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The rankings rediculous, find me a fan who'd rather have a team that wouldn't rather have his team have a lesser franchise win% for 3 more SBs
Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
The rankings rediculous, find me a fan who'd rather have a team that wouldn't rather have his team have a lesser franchise win% for 3 more SBs
here's a tip, when trying not to look like a total homer, when ALL teams are discussed, try to look beyond your own team. You see, that way, you make your argument ready for the other people here. Sure, these rankings are insane, but not just because the giants aren't #1 (ZOMGGZZZZ GIANTZZZ) stats don't add up, the reasonings are weird and so on and so on.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-17-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
here's a tip, when trying not to look like a total homer, when ALL teams are discussed, try to look beyond your own team. You see, that way, you make your argument ready for the other people here. Sure, these rankings are insane, but not just because the giants aren't #1 (ZOMGGZZZZ GIANTZZZ) stats don't add up, the reasonings are weird and so on and so on.
Briliant, the fact that this article severily under-rates the value of a championship season just went over your head huh. Yes that hurts the giants in this ranking, but it's a freaking espn page 2 ranking, wtf do I care? I'm just comment on a major flaw in the way the author put his date together for this ranking.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Briliant, the fact that this article severely under-rates the value of a championship season just went over your head huh. Yes that hurts the giants in this ranking, but it's a freaking espn page 2 ranking, wtf do I care? I'm just comment on a major flaw in the way the author put his date together for this ranking.
oh yeah I forgot that winning a superbowl last year instantly makes the Giants the best football team since the merger. And I didn't argue about the quality of the article, it's trash.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No wonder the Colts are so low, it's since the merger. The only good thing Bob Irsay ever did was bring his team to Indianapolis. Fortunately, everything that Bob did wrong, Jim is doing right.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
oh yeah I forgot that winning a superbowl last year instantly makes the Giants the best football team since the merger. And I didn't argue about the quality of the article, it's trash.
Forget what my favorite team is for a second and listen to my argument...ready? Ok, as a fan winning a championship is so much more rewarding than being regularly good in the regular season. That being said winning 3 certainly should entitle a team to be ranked higher than other teams which haven't won any, cough vikings.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Forget what my favorite team is for a second and listen to my argument...ready? Ok, as a fan winning a championship is so much more rewarding than being regularly good in the regular season. That being said winning 3 certainly should entitle a team to be ranked higher than other teams which haven't won any, cough vikings.
done. I didn't constest your point, did I? It's a bad, bad article and I really don't see what the point of it is. I agree championships are more important than the regular season, but in power rankings, they aren't necessarily, since it's on overall performance.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-17-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
done. I didn't constest your point, did I? It's a bad, bad article and I really don't see what the point of it is. I agree championships are more important than the regular season, but in power rankings, they aren't necessarily, since it's on overall performance.
You do realize that that sentence right there contests my statement. My comment was that any power ranking needs to give a championship season enough credit. You proceeded to imply that I was an ignorant who was pissed that the giants weren't the number 1 team in some crappy article, I don't see what reason you'd ahve for doing so considering what i'd posted and my argument in my previous post. BTW if you were trying to be funny my bad, i didn't mean to ruin your horrible attempt at humor.