Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Aaron Kampman > Jared Allen

Yup.

Discuss.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Kampman's been in GB for a while, Allen and that coaching staff are still figuring out how to best utilize him whereas GB has had a lot of time to get comfortable with what Kampman can do.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Kampman's been in GB for a while, Allen and that coaching staff are still figuring out how to best utilize him whereas GB has had a lot of time to get comfortable with what Kampman can do.
Best utilize him? He's a DE. He either plays on the right, or the left.

Rush the passer. Plug and chug.

Kampman has been the most disrespected pass rusher in the league the past 3 years. Steady Eddie, he's consistently at the top of the pass rushing list, and is one of the best run stuffing DEs.

He also has less help on that line. He just shows up to work every sunday and gets it done.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kampman - Has 43.5 Sacks in 6 Seasons and 2 games

Allen - Has 44.0 Sacks in 4 Season and 2 Games.

I know Stats doesnt mean everything but 2 years ahead and almost the same sack count in a career....I think it might be Kampman < Allen sack wise.

Both pretty good.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Last edited by The Dynasty : 09-17-2008 at 02:53 PM.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say they're about equals... same type of DE, both had great season last year. I guess you could argue Allen is better, careerwise he's got .5 sack more than Kampman, while playing 2 seasons less. But Kampman did get more sacks over the past two years (27.5 to Allen's 23)... but I'd say they tie.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen is a better pass rusher, Kampman is slighty better run stuffing. I dunno though pretty equal.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Kampman - Has 43.5 Sacks in 6 Seasons and 2 games

Allen - Has 44.0 Sacks in 4 Season and 2 Games.

I know Stats doesnt mean everything but 2 years ahead and almost the same sack count in a career....I think it might be Kampman < Allen.
meh, Kampman similar to Strahan, started out slow. i do admit though, that kind of shat on my argument.

I will make this statement: Kampman will finish with more sacks than Allen this year.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Kampman has been the most disrespected pass rusher in the league the past 3 years. Steady Eddie, he's consistently at the top of the pass rushing list, and is one of the best run stuffing DEs.

He also has less help on that line. He just shows up to work every sunday and gets it done.
It's not really going to work that way. Strong side and Weakside are two different end positions. Not to mention now he is in a different confrence, and division, so they may handle him alot better than teams in KC's division.

Because of the ability to stop the run, the Vikings might have their ends contain, rather than crash. Who knows? Then on pass rushing plays, 3rd down, he may be doubled and perhaps doubled and chipped by opposing Rbs. So I can understrand why the production may be low. I don't think it's as easy as plug and chug.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

Allen's a very different pass rusher than Kampman as he's a lot quicker and a little smaller so he doesn't have quite as much with the bull rush. They're different types of guys. So kampman's team-mates know how what he does effects what they do and vice versa better than allen. With time Allen will have a better feel for how his team-mates affect the opposition, making life easier for him.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Mario Williams, Eric Foster>>>both of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
It's not really going to work that way. Strong side and Weakside are two different end positions. Not to mention now he is in a different confrence, and division, so they may handle him alot better than teams in KC's division.

Because of the ability to stop the run, the Vikings might have their ends contain, rather than crash. Who knows? Then on pass rushing plays, 3rd down, he may be doubled and perhaps doubled and chipped by opposing Rbs. So I can understrand why the production may be low. I don't think it's as easy as plug and chug.
I know that. But he's pretty much playing the same position, just on a different team. If anything, he has less gap worries with those big boys inside, which allows him to burn the edge more.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, Kampman similar to Strahan, started out slow. i do admit though, that kind of shat on my argument.

I will make this statement: Kampman will finish with more sacks than Allen this year.
yeah he started pretty slow... 13.5 sacks in his first five seasons isn't very good. For comparison, in the same timespan Allen racked up 43 sacks. Kampman has been better lately, so again, they tie.

As far as Kampman getting more sacks, I'd say that's very well possible. He'll be going up against the Bears' line twice (not their strong point), the Lions' line one more time and the Vikes' right side isn't great either. Plus hes already a sack and a half ahead.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

white DEs ftw lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
white DEs ftw lol
they're MUCH better than white DB's, that's for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
white DEs ftw lol
Chris Long will be greater than both!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Agreed...I said it last year and still think Kampman is the best DE in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know that. But he's pretty much playing the same position, just on a different team. If anything, he has less gap worries with those big boys inside, which allows him to burn the edge more.
Actually other way around.. Because it's less gaps to worry about teams will try to run to the outside. Meaning he can't keep crashing, and will need to read, fight off blocks, and thus contain to stop the run from the outside. Also, as an offensive guy, I would just run the other way taking Allen out of the game completely to frustrate him.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Agreed...I said it last year and still think Kampman is the best DE in the NFL.
I felt that way about him throughout most of last year. But now i rank Mario Williams and Justin Tuck ahead of him.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I felt that way about him throughout most of last year. But now i rank Mario Williams and Justin Tuck ahead of him.
Justin Tuck, the guy that has started, what, two games in his career?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Actually other way around.. Because it's less gaps to worry about teams will try to run to the outside. Meaning he can't keep crashing, and will need to read, fight off blocks, and thus contain to stop the run from the outside. Also, as an offensive guy, I would just run the other way taking Allen out of the game completely to frustrate him.
Exactly why I won't pick one right now until Allen adjusts to his new team-mates.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah.

Would you like to see some gametape? Or maybe if I put a star on his helmet, would that change your mind?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Williams you can make an argument for, without a doubt. Might as well put them 1 and 1a.

Tuck I think is well on his way, but there are things about his pass rush ability that have yet to reach the level of both Mario and Kampman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Williams you can make an argument for, without a doubt. Might as well put them 1 and 1a.

Tuck I think is well on his way, but there are things about his pass rush ability that have yet to reach the level of both Mario and Kampman.
Tuck's been making a lot of plays since last season. He's not a pure DE like Kampman but I'd rather have him on my line than kampman.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

I don't know. Tuck has that uncanny ability inside at UT. His technique can use some refining though, but he's been so good it hasn't mattered yet.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well yeah, but look at his stats while not techically "starting". And see what he did in his two games. Granted things can change but 9 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 pass defended and 1 int for a TD is a damn good initial follow up to his stats for not starting. And this is only the beggining..