Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah.

Would you like to see some gametape? Or maybe if I put a star on his helmet, would that change your mind?
No, that's fine. I've heard enough out of you to know how much your opinion is worth.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't know. Tuck has that uncanny ability inside at UT. His technique can use some refining though, but he's been so good it hasn't mattered yet.
It's hard to compare them as pass rushers because Tuck gets a ton of reps against slower guards, but has less space to work with. Kampman is up against better pass blockers but has more room to run around. As a defensive end, purely defensive end, Kampman is a couple notches better. As an all around player, Tuck could be mentioned on the same level.

Over the years I have become less and less attracted to any sort of player rankings, especially here. Both are outstanding players that bring something different to the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway, back on topic.

What I love the most of Kampman is how he uses his hands and leverage. He reminds me a lot of Strahan in this sense.

Allen also does a great job of this, however he uses more speed techniques compared to Kampman's strength based game.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Justin Tuck, the guy that has started, what, two games in his career?
Does starting really matter? Ask Tom Brady.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 09-17-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
It's hard to compare them as pass rushers because Tuck gets a ton of reps against slower guards, but has less space to work with. Kampman is up against better pass blockers but has more room to run around. As a defensive end, purely defensive end, Kampman is a couple notches better. As an all around player, Tuck could be mentioned on the same level.

Over the years I have become less and less attracted to any sort of player rankings, especially here. Both are outstanding players that bring something different to the table.
thats true.

I really made this thread moreso to bring up Kampman's name more than anything. He's so slept on, and its BS in my opinion that he rarely gets his name mentioned.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does starting really matter? Ask Tom Brady.
I meant that to point out his lack of production at a high level for a sustained amount of time. But nevermind, i don't wanna get in an argument about a Giants player with Giants fans.

He's the best there is though, for sure.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
No, that's fine. I've heard enough out of you to know how much your opinion is worth.
more than yours? I mean if we're talking about informational content and thought put into the post as a basis for evaluation. I'm sure your have a great personality though.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Marlo

Since the start of the 2006 season, Kampman leads the league with 23.5 sacks. I think he's as good of DE as you'll find in the NFL right now. He has been elite since the start of 2006 and I think you can argue him over pretty much anybody since that time period.
Number 10
All-NFLDC

I broke down the Vikes defense the other day, meaning I watched Allen on every defensive snap. He was flat out dominating once Ugoh went down early with an injury. He has outstanding explosion off the snap and once he gets position on the edge, there is no pushing him around. The one thing I question about his game against the pass is his ability to attack inside shoulders. He is one strong mother but it doesn't seem to translate when he needs it to break through the inside shoulder. Kampman has no such problem and probably has a wider assortment of pass rush moves.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I meant that to point out his lack of production at a high level for a sustained amount of time. But nevermind, i don't wanna get in an argument about a Giants player with Giants fans.

Liar, he's the best there is, was or ever will be...once in a century player.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Good idea...I made some people look like fools when they said the SAME thing about Osi vs. Peppers.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 09-17-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I broke down the Vikes defense the other day, meaning I watched Allen on every defensive snap. He was flat out dominating once Ugoh went down early with an injury. He has outstanding explosion off the snap and once he gets position on the edge, there is no pushing him around. The one thing I question about his game against the pass is his ability to attack inside shoulders. He is one strong mother but it doesn't seem to translate when he needs it to break through the inside shoulder. Kampman has no such problem and probably has a wider assortment of pass rush moves.
doesn't Kampman remind you of Strahan?

Allen does have one edge over Kampman: I think his game is more interchangeable, whereas Kampman's style is more of a pure LE.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Chris Long will be greater than both!
Hellz to the ya

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com if you want to hear some awesome NFL talk with a Pro Football HoF voter and one of the committee who votes on post-season awards. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
doesn't Kampman remind you of Strahan?

Allen does have one edge over Kampman: I think his game is more interchangeable, whereas Kampman's style is more of a pure LE.
Eh. In the sense that they both can dominate a side of the line with their ability to stuff the run and the passer, yes. But I think Strahan was at a higher level in his prime. Kampman does not physically jolt defenders the way Strahan did. And Strahan was quicker off the edge and had a much stronger bull rush.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 09-17-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Eh. In the sense that they both can dominate a side of the line with their ability to stuff the run and the passer, yes. But I think Strahan was at a higher level in his prime. Kampman does not physically jolt defenders the way Strahan did. And Strahan was quicker off the edge and had a much stronger bull rush.
oh i agree, i meant similar games. i shouldve said "poor man's strahan" to be more accurate.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lovin' the kampman love.

yeah, he's a very complete player. run or pass. it's hard to rank him against guys like Mario Williams and Justin Tuck...they just haven't been playing long enough to form an accurate opinion.

but, he's a great DE, has awesome work ethic and no ego. the Packers are lucky to have a lot of people like that on the team.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
But defense is in my name! I am the end all be all on defense!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I think Kampman does better then Allen is leverage and staying low vs. the tackle, while Allen is always playing higher then he should, making it easier for the tackle.

Other then that, both their game is equal good.

Plus I think Kampman official became a starter in his 04 season.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are both very good. I would say right now that Kampman plays the run a little better. A tough question though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, Kampman similar to Strahan, started out slow. i do admit though, that kind of shat on my argument.

I will make this statement: Kampman will finish with more sacks than Allen this year.
I've thought that all off season and have always thought that Kampman is better or at least their both very close. In the offseason when I said that I was called a homer and was told that Allen is far better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Allen's a very different pass rusher than Kampman as he's a lot quicker and a little smaller so he doesn't have quite as much with the bull rush.
Nice try but you're completely wrong besides that Kampman uses more power moves. Allen is 2 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier according to NFL.com and Kampman ran a 4.65 while Allen ran a 4.88.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Nice try but you're completely wrong besides that Kampman uses more power moves. Allen is 2 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier according to NFL.com and Kampman ran a 4.65 while Allen ran a 4.88.
What were their 10, 20, and short shuttle numbers?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kampman is the most underrated DE in the league for sure.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I've thought that all off season and have always thought that Kampman is better or at least their both very close. In the offseason when I said that I was called a homer and was told that Allen is far better.
Who cares about 40 speeds? I'm talking about explosion off the ball, my bad on the size thing but Kampman plays more of a big mans game attacking guys with power, whereas allen uses his strength more to protect his speed attack.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I almost cried tears of joy when we signed him to an offer sheet a couple offseasons back.

They both have their strengths. Allen is so damn quick off the ball. I think as far as pure explosiveness, he is definitely better in that. He doesn't quite have the array of moves that Kampman does, though.

Kampman is obviously the superior leverage guy. I love Allen's pursuit though. He is much faster than you would think. I was at the game last Sunday and he ran Addai down from 5-6 yards behind in a 12 yard window.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps, but Allen's BAC puts him over the top, IMO

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote