Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Totally original, not inspired at all by the thread already running in the college football section, I myself, so not somebody else, came up with the brilliant idea to have a worst starter thread. To at least start it off for NO.

Last year was easy because Jason David wasnt only our worst starter but the worst starter in the entire NFL. This year however its not as clearcut.
I'm really torn between shanle and stinchcomb but i'll give the nod to the latter. but hopefully carl nicks will start there in a couple of games.
Shanle, Stinchcomb or Nesbit are all solid candidates. I'd probably go with Nesbit, though.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reed Doughty F u. You may be inspirational because you are half deaf but you are no more than an effing backup. Unbelievable that he keeps his job after Chris Horton in his first start of his career wins NFL defensive player of the week. Although Durant Brooks and Antwaan Randle El as the starting punt returner would also challenge for the spot. Randle El easily has been the worst punt returner in the NFL the past 3 years. I'd rather even have James Thrash return punts. I'd rather get 8 yards of straight running rather than -5 yards of going backwards. This isn't pop warner anymore.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Orton or anyone we have at wide receiver.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marquand Manuel and Mark Roman ahaha how happy I am there no longer Packers.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Reed Doughty F u. You may be inspirational because you are half deaf but you are no more than an effing backup. Unbelievable that he keeps his job after Chris Horton in his first start of his career wins NFL defensive player of the week. Although Durant Brooks and Antwaan Randle El as the starting punt returner would also challenge for the spot. Randle El easily has been the worst punt returner in the NFL the past 3 years. I'd rather even have James Thrash return punts. I'd rather get 8 yards of straight running rather than -5 yards of going backwards. This isn't pop warner anymore.
Horton will get his PT. I'll bet he's gonna be starting next week.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um. Guess I have to say either Elam or Smith at FS. Or whoever is the 2nd starting Corner that game
Old 09-18-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Jacques Reeves. At least until Dunta comes back.
C.C. Brown is pretty bad too.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a toss-up between Moron "dumbass" Greenwood and Jacques "I like my toast extra crispy" Reeves. If the creator of Madden actually watched football, both these players would be in the, oh let's say, 30-40 PR area.

Oh btw, both these players were the top FA signing for the Texans, in their respected off-season. Memo to Smith, stick with drafting players, screw FA.
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Jacques Reeves. At least until Dunta comes back.
Correction: At least until Kubiak realize Molden wouldn't do any worst.

*sidenote*: For all the people that hop on the Molden bandwagon during the combine, no he isn't stinking it up. He was actually doing pretty well during TC and pre-season games. He is just getting the rookie treatment, which is being brought into the defense slowly.

2nd year player, Fred Bennett, also went through the same phase. We had FAGgins starting opposite of Dunta for about until the 5th week, until it became so unbearable, and then we shifted Bennett into the starting role. The rest is history, Faggins is now buried in the depth chart and Bennett is now our #1 CB, he was a complete steal in the '07 draft.

Last edited by Breaker : 09-18-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
I think it's a toss-up between Moron "dumbass" Greenwood and Jacques "I like my toast extra crispy" Reeves. If the creator of Madden actually watched football, both these players would be in the, oh let's say, 30-40 PR area.

Oh btw, both these players were the top FA signing for the Texans, in their respected off-season. Memo to Smith, stick with drafting players, screw FA.
I don't understand the Texans throwing that much money at Reeves. Did they not see any tape of him last year? He got abused week in and week out. The only reason he started for us was because our starters took a while to get healthy.

As for the Cowboys, it's pretty easy.

Roy Williams, with an honorable mention to Cory Proctor.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Marquand Manuel and Mark Roman ahaha how happy I am there no longer Packers.
You really should be.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Kendall Simmons

Defense: Brett Keisel
Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

1. Willie McGinest

2. Derek Anderson
3. Hank Fraley
4. D'Qwell Jackson
5. Andra Davis
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't understand the Texans throwing that much money at Reeves. Did they not see any tape of him last year? He got abused week in and week out. The only reason he started for us was because our starters took a while to get healthy.

As for the Cowboys, it's pretty easy.

Roy Williams, with an honorable mention to Cory Proctor.
Well, his contract is cap friendly, and he could easily be cut without suffering any major cap hit. Reeves is pretty much a one year rental, and I don't plan to see him pass this season. I guess the staff thought they could teach him techniques and make him servicable(til Dunta is back/Molden is ready). He supposedly have some good speed, so they must've saw some potential in him.

Btw, if anyone hasn't notice, The Texans has signed Eugene Wilson to play CB for us, so expect him to see him in the mix for #2 CB spot this season.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Roy Williams is an obvious weak link on the Cowboys D...on offense, it's currently Procter but, I guess that would go to a healthy Kosier normally, who really isnt even all that bad at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Javon Walker, Ronald Curry
Cornell Green and Deangelo Hall could also make a good case.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
2. Derek Anderson

Maybe if Braylon Edwards remembers how to catch you'll change your mind.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a massive fail for the Texans scouting department. Reeves cant play, it's as simple as that. He's pretty fast, that's it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, Roy Williams is an obvious weak link on the Cowboys D...on offense, it's currently Procter but, I guess that would go to a healthy Kosier normally, who really isnt even all that bad at all.
You really don't think he is that bad?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep. Kosier/Proctor being the worst players on our offense is just a compliment to the rest of the guys.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
You really don't think he is that bad?
The only place Kosier is ever really hated on, is this site. He has been solid for us. The guy can start for just about anyone. He's a steady player who hasnt been a problem since he's been here. He doesnt really fit the mold of the others on the line but, he is not a bad player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If you are a Texans fan - insert pathetic starting RB here.

NYG- Kevin Boss- only temporary but he needs to make a catch

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
1. Willie McGinest

2. Derek Anderson
3. Hank Fraley
4. D'Qwell Jackson
5. Andra Davis
Wright hasn't been too hot lately either. L o t s O' problems on defense.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
The only place Kosier is ever really hated on, is this site. He has been solid for us. The guy can start for just about anyone. He's a steady player who hasnt been a problem since he's been here. He doesnt really fit the mold of the others on the line but, he is not a bad player.
It is just hard for me to believe because he was cast away from the niners when they were 2-14. I always thought he was next to the worst on a very bad o-line. From what I have seen it does'nt look like he has gotton much better. I guess he must not be doing too bad though since he has been starting their for a couple years.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It is just hard for me to believe because he was cast away from the niners when they were 2-14. I always thought he was next to the worst on a very bad o-line. From what I have seen it does'nt look like he has gotton much better. I guess he must not be doing too bad though since he has been starting their for a couple years.
He hasnt been bad. Most fans just want to get another big meany in there. He's steady but, he doesnt really play w/ that mean streak like the rest of the line and he is tiny, in comparison to the rest...but really, he's been solid over his two years. It's pretty easy to look "bad" when playing beside 4 pro bowl caliber lineman. He's usual unfairly criticized, he is who he is and again, that is a steady guard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS