Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are the pinnacle of this generation console RPG's. I prefer Fallout, but both were GOTY's over tough competition(Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Assasins Creed, GTA 4 etc).

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA 10 pisses me off so much. Such a cheap ass game.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Rooo
Rookie

Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.Rooo could make a wolverine purr.

Odst Is Mine Soon
Rooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I already took it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't wait until NBA2K10 comes out tuesday

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might go pick up the new FIFA tomorrow. Anybody played it yet?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm buying mine in about 40mins when I get onto lunch, but I wont get any chance at all to play it until sunday evening. Gotta find a picture of myself to upload onto the be a pro thing, tidy.
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Agreed x10000.

Seems like I haven't played xbox in forever, I got the RROD again about a month ago and just been working so many hours I haven't taken it to my guy to fix it yet. I really haven't been concerned with it because I'll just be playing Madden on the weekends until Modern Warfare drops in about a month.

I probably use Netflix more then anything else, good thing is there should be plenty movies added recently that I don't have on my que.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
can't wait until NBA2K10 comes out tuesday
Hell yeah! I can't wait for 2k10. The new 'superstar' type mode (not sure of the exact name) is going to be awesome. I downloaded the 2k10 Draft combine it was a ton of fun.

Personally I love 2k10 for the Team Up feature. It's a blast playing 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4. Hopefully they improved the network code so doing 5vs5 is a bit easier this year.

Either way I know a lot of us SWDC played a ton of team up games together and against each other and it was a blast. JBond and I make up the unstoppable force when I play as Derrick Rose and he plays as Joakim Noah. Hah.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I probably use Netflix more then anything else, good thing is there should be plenty movies added recently that I don't have on my que.
That's all i would ever see you do. Netflix. Netflix. Netflix.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So am I the only fighting game fan around here?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a fan...unless we're talking Fight Night.

I played street fighter and mortal kombat back in the day for sega but, never really got into them beyond that.

Anyway, what teams can you be in the NBA 2K10 demo? Is it Lakers/Magic? If so, I'll probably download it, otherwise probably not because, the gameplay probably hasnt changed all that much at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

I played street fighter and mortal kombat back in the day for sega but, never really got into them beyond that.

Anyway, what teams can you be in the NBA 2K10 demo? Is it Lakers/Magic? If so, I'll probably download it, otherwise probably not because, the gameplay probably hasnt changed all that much at all.
Yeah I'm talking about SF4/BlazBlue/Soul Calibur 4. I need to find more people who play BlazBlue and Soul Calibur 4. I know a lot more people in SF4, but I'm always up for challengers. I got a PC/360 compatible joystick a few weeks ago and I've been loving it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is the lag in most cases in fighting games? I mean it's only two playable characters, you would think there wouldn't be much.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hell yeah! I can't wait for 2k10. The new 'superstar' type mode (not sure of the exact name) is going to be awesome. I downloaded the 2k10 Draft combine it was a ton of fun.

Personally I love 2k10 for the Team Up feature. It's a blast playing 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4. Hopefully they improved the network code so doing 5vs5 is a bit easier this year.

Either way I know a lot of us SWDC played a ton of team up games together and against each other and it was a blast. JBond and I make up the unstoppable force when I play as Derrick Rose and he plays as Joakim Noah. Hah.
yea me & my friend were the pacers we would switch off between Granger & Hibbert

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Offense is cake but, defense is incredibly cheap sometimes. The cpu always completes at least 70% of their passes against me. Normally much higher than that, like in the 80's, probably.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bought Street Fighter 4 and Lego Star Wars today. Anybody wanna tell me what I'm in for?
Old 10-02-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Actually the gameplay seems quite different, at least from what I played in the 2k10 Draft Combine. It seems like the really fixed the spacing so there is less 'glue' between you and whoever you're defending. It feels much more realistic and helps prevent people from just sprinting past you constantly to get to the hoop.

Also the thing I love is they changed the dynamics of sprint/turbo. You can't just constantly hold it down and sprint all over the place like before. You have a bar that drains from it and eventually you have to let it refill. Also the amount of total sprint you have goes down as your player gets tired, meaning people will really have to put emphasis on giving they're guys breaks.

I think that dynamic alone will change things. The thing that annoyed me the most was when people would play as LeBron or Kobe or just some other reasonably fast player and hold down sprint the entire time and after running all over the place they would eventually find an opening and get to the rim. Seems like now you really have to pick your spots and wait for an opening to try and get to the rim.

Overall it just feels less arcadey. It doesn't seem like guys are just stuck to the court and it feels like these guys are actually playing a basketball game instead of them being insanely fast and just turboing around everywhere. Seems like the iso movements are less cheap too. You can't just constantly spam 180 degree spin moves or behind the back dribbles in order to shake somebody.

It was pretty funny, I saw the computer block some guard going to the rim and the ball went flying across the court and the guard fell over because he got blocked so bad. It's stuff like that which makes the game feel more alive.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Sounds good Forenci...I'll check it out, I looked and it's a real small download.

As for more on NCAA 10...I'm playing as D+ overall Mid Tenn State. I simulated and recruited for the first season and am playing now. My QB is a true freshman ATH. I was having fun until I started playing away. haha. His accuracy and arm are fine but, his 48 awareness makes him useless on deep passes or even semi deep. Instead of throwing it to a wide open man, he's throwing it right in the hands of the defender, it's pretty annoying. 8 Ints in 5 games and I'd say only 2 were bad decisions on my part. I just lose to Tenn because, of these stupid arrant throws. I'm not used to losing to the cpu but, it makes it more fun in the long run. As soon as my team becomes like a C, I wont lose anymore and I'll get bored, I'm sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-02-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds good Forenci...I'll check it out, I looked and it's a real small download.

As for more on NCAA 10...I'm playing as D+ overall Mid Tenn State. I simulated and recruited for the first season and am playing now. My QB is a true freshman ATH. I was having fun until I started playing away. haha. His accuracy and arm are fine but, his 48 awareness makes him useless on deep passes or even semi deep. Instead of throwing it to a wide open man, he's throwing it right in the hands of the defender, it's pretty annoying. 8 Ints in 5 games and I'd say only 2 were bad decisions on my part. I just lose to Tenn because, of these stupid arrant throws. I'm not used to losing to the cpu but, it makes it more fun in the long run. As soon as my team becomes like a C, I wont lose anymore and I'll get bored, I'm sure.
Treat my alma mater well MOTH.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Treat my alma mater well MOTH.
So you're a Mid Tenn guy? Nice.

Malcolm Beyah is amazing in this game. haha.

They dont resemble the real team too much after one year, though. I have Dasher riding pine just because, I wanted to go with a freshman.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-02-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I just bought Street Fighter 4 and Lego Star Wars today. Anybody wanna tell me what I'm in for?
I have been really enjoying Street Fighter 4. Easily the game I've played most this year. I even own it on PC and 360. Super Street Fighter 4 is going to be coming out next Spring with 8-10 more characters, balance/gameplay updates, update their online, and it's not dlc but you can get it at a discounted price. So playing SF4 online might be hard in the future. If you want to play SF4 though my gamertag is the nrk

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
So am I the only fighting game fan around here?
I'm going to be all over Tekken 6 when it comes out. I am a HUGE Tekken fan and was stoked to see it coming to the 360.

Hwoarang FTW!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I played the 2K10 demo, it's sweet. I just cant stand playing at that angle, though. I also miss playing as Hedo.

Brutal Legend demo is pretty sweet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-03-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:09 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dynamic Commentary in NBA 2k10 is so sweet, also custom soundtracks on 360, gonna lose so much time with that.
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote