Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also own both PS3 and Xbox 360 and other than PS3 exclusives I get all my games on Xbox. Games that are put out for both consoles almost always look the same graphically and if there is any difference it's so subtle that the normal person wouldn't even pick up on it. I don't know if it's just me but load times seem to take longer on PS3 as well. The Xbox interface/guide/whatever you want to call it, is far more enjoyable, easier to navigate, and just put together better than the PS3s. That goes for everything from the marketplaces, to friends lists, avatars etc. I also find myself trying to earn more achievements on Xbox than I do with trophies on PS3.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah, I just use my PS3 for exclusives and Blu Ray. Luckily, those two things are awesome on the PS3. Uncharted, Resistance, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, etc. But the majority of games, I buy on the 360.

As for trophies...I could honestly care less. I dont care too much about achievements either but, I dont even acknowledge trophies, I remember the first time I won one, I was like..."WTF was that?" They're pretty lame. At least achievements are set up better for those that like that sort of thing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-09-2009 at 11:56 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yah, I just use my PS3 for exclusives and Blu Ray. Luckily, those two things are awesome on the PS3. Uncharted, Resistance, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, etc. But the majority of games, I buy on the 360.

As for trophies...I could honestly care less. I dont care too much about achievements either but, I dont even acknowledge trophies, I remember the first time I won one, I was like..."WTF was that?" They're pretty lame. At least achievements are set up better for those that like that sort of thing.
Haha yeah. MLB 09 The Show is tremendous for the PS3 too if you haven't tried it. MLB 2k is just dreadful so it's not much of a comparison.

I really like both systems as they both have good exsclusives and both have their pros and cons, but if a game is out on the PS3 and 360 I'm usually going to buy it on the 360 as the majority of people I know have a 360 and thus I like to play games online with them. Plus playing games with friends on Xbox Live is SO much easier than on the PS3. It's much more fluid and easier to do.

Also I agree about downloadable content on any console. It's getting pretty stupid, which is why I bought Dragon Age on the PC. I get all the content for free so it seems. I mean its dumb enough I have to pay 60 dollars for a game (increase from 50 from previous console generation) but now I have to pay for content like maps and crap? Usually isn't worth it.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Show and Uncharted were the reasons I got a ps3, well those titles and the bluray of course. It's fun having this conversation without someone going, "Of course you like _____ better, fanboy!" or "You're bias you can't say that one is better than this onez!@"

$60 dollars isn't bad for a game IMO, I remember paying way more than that for SNES games back in the day. I think I remember paying $80 dollars for Donkey Kong country, and that was probably 15 years ago.

Last edited by ccB : 12-10-2009 at 12:08 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Show so bad...I just never got around to getting it. I've played an earlier version like a year ago at my buddies house and it blows the 2K baseball games out of the water. I cant stand the MLB 2K series.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I want the Show so bad...I just never got around to getting it. I've played an earlier version like a year ago at my buddies house and it blows the 2K baseball games out of the water. I cant stand the MLB 2K series.
I used to play 2k because it was better than nothing, but The Show is the best baseball game I've ever played. I could never go back to playing a 2k baseball game unless they upgrade it majorly.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah CCB, so many problems with 2K baseball...I liked whenever I changed the difficulty, I'd go from 15 Ks per game or w/e to giving up like 5 home runs a game. I could never find good sliders for I think it was 2K7? That game was just trash, I wanted to hit a double so bad but, everything was a home run. And you'd get robbed of a home run a good three times per game. 2K just needs to stick to Basketball and first person shooters.

As for $60...I think it's too much. I dont recall how much SNES games were, I remember paying $50 for one back when the SNES was pretty new but, that's all I remember so I have no idea. But still $60 puts a giant hole in my wallet. Since the consoles were so pricey to start things off, it would have been nice if the games still stayed $50.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
The Show and Uncharted were the reasons I got a ps3, well those titles and the bluray of course. It's fun having this conversation without someone going, "Of course you like _____ better, fanboy!" or "You're bias you can't say that one is better than this onez!@"

$60 dollars isn't bad for a game IMO, I remember paying way more than that for SNES games back in the day. I think I remember paying $80 dollars for Donkey Kong country, and that was probably 15 years ago.
Haha, yeah. I recall paying a lot of money for Turok when that came out for the N64. I'd pay like $80 if they re-released Goldeneye 64 on Xbox Live Aracde and made it have online multiplayer. Would be too epic.

Still though, games had been 50 dollars for 2-3 console generations and then just suddenly they decided to spike it up with a new generation. It's not like they needed to either. Game developers were making insane profits before they upped the price. They still are despite a bad economy.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the Ocarina of Time was $80, I saved up for so long to get it lol when I was like 8. Sooooo worth it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I remember the Ocarina of Time was $80, I saved up for so long to get it lol when I was like 8. Sooooo worth it though.
Haha, I was the same age. That game was so amazing. It still is. It remains one of my top 5 favorite games ever.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:00 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To this day, with both a PS3 and an X Box at the house, i play MVP Baseball 05 on my 5 year old PS2.

Hell, my N64 still works. Man i'd kill for some engineering like that for the Box. I've dropped that thing a countless amount of times, and it still works perfectly. And that one is at least ten years old.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The 64 is pretty indestructible. The PS2's were prone to burning out, like mine did. I still have just about every console, save Sega Saturn, Wii, and a working PS2.

Anyone ever play the Jaguar or 3DO? My dad paid so much for these things and they didnt last long at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, come to think of it. Wow. I've burned through every console i've ever owned except for the 64. I'm on my second PS2, second Box, i went through two Super Nintendos as a kid. And the PS3 is busted right now. Man, what a waste.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I never played either of those as far as I recall. I do still have my Dreamcast in tact though. One day I need to find where I can buy the power plug for it so I can play through Shenmue again.

Damn I loved that game.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Forenci is like my new best internet friend.

Shenmue is one of my favorite games ever. And it looks just as good on the Dreamcast as the 2nd game does on the Xbox. The Dreamcast was bad ass, I still have mine as well, packed up in the attic, though. Blue Stinger was a really good game as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Forenci is like my new best internet friend.

Shenmue is one of my favorite games ever. And it looks just as good on the Dreamcast as the 2nd game does on the Xbox. The Dreamcast was bad ass, I still have mine as well, packed up in the attic, though. Blue Stinger was a really good game as well.
Yay! I am cool!

I absolutely loved Shenmue though. Still one of my favorite games ever. There's nothing quite as satisfying as driving a fork lift for a job in that game. Oh and the rest of it's pretty cool too I guess..haha.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've owned so many video game "consoles" it's ridiculous.

Super Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Gameboy
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation
Playstation 2
Xbox 360

Soooo much money. And I still have most of those.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think we have two game boys lying around the house somewhere. The only game i ever played on them was Tetris, and i would pwn it as a hobby.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

buying that dreamcast still bums me out i went all in had the keyboard mouse so many games blah blah and sega just bailed on us ****!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be happy of the memories, it didn't last so long, but those were the greatest two years of video gaming history.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I actual never had a gameboy...I did have this gameboy adapter thing that you plugged into your SNES so you could play the games on your normal sized tv. I only had one game, though. The red pokemon game. lolz.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still Sega Genesis is the best system, Techmo Super Bowl was SICK!

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I actual never had a gameboy...I did have this gameboy adapter thing that you plugged into your SNES so you could play the games on your normal sized tv. I only had one game, though. The red pokemon game. lolz.
Lmao, i remember that adapter thing. It came packaged with my second Super Nintendo. Those were the days..
Old 12-10-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

personally nintendo(the original) were my hay-days got it when i was 4 ever since ive been a video gamer 4 life, after original nintendo next i got was 64, then i had a job and bought dreamcast which SOLD ME OUT! ps2 then 360, love the 360 but i was deprived of lots of other consoles
Old 12-10-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I still Sega Genesis is the best system, Techmo Super Bowl was SICK!

Sega Genesis FTMFW.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote