Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-30-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those playing ME2, you need to do the salarians loyalty mission and then ask him about art and then singing when you get the chance. Hilarity ensues. I have to say, theres a lot more humor in this game than the first. Shepard is a bit more of a smartass and they just seemed to lighten things up a bit, despite the fact that you are basically setting up to go on a suicide mission.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
For those playing ME2, you need to do the salarians loyalty mission and then ask him about art and then singing when you get the chance. Hilarity ensues. I have to say, theres a lot more humor in this game than the first. Shepard is a bit more of a smartass and they just seemed to lighten things up a bit, despite the fact that you are basically setting up to go on a suicide mission.
And a ***** for that matter.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when i saw the final boss i laughed pretty hard, i was wondering where arnold was.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
That was pretty damned funny, and I agree that Shepard is more of a smartass. Sometimes I end up coming off like a dick despite having no intention to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

joker doing the robot to legion was probably the funniest part. Im kind of wondering what decisions will be big in me 3, obviously the final mission and legions loyalty one. This reapers dont exist **** in the game is starting to annoy me.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting stuck in fallout 3 is starting to piss me off....ill jump to get over something then ill be stuck and there's noway to get unstuck...even fast travel doesn't work...and then you gotta restart from last save point and it sucks having to go through every drawer and container to get all the supplies again...don't have much of a problem killing everything again though...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished ME2 last night and pumped about 42 hours into the game... It was a good game but just like the last one i felt like it ended to fast. Most of the game was getting companions and then it was like BAM end of the game.

I liked the new style shooting wise but i wish they didn't dumb the game down leveling wise. I played through as a Vanguard and i think certain powers were way too strong and others were too weak.

I feel the Character class was much deeper this time around. I liked this cast of characters better than the last but again some feel tacked on. Especially the 2nd set you get. You don't get much time to spend with them compared to the others. Even though Thane was my favorite i wish I could have went through the game with him more.

All in all i recommend it to anyone looking for a good game to get lost in but it almost goes by too fast despite putting in a good amount of time.
--------------------------------------------

For all those who have finished the game which ending did you get.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 02-01-2010 at 11:54 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

zaeed died in mine when i made him the leader of the second team. I was like hell no switched the leader to miranda because of her leadership abilities and lived from the same shot. Zaeed=*****

Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Just finished ME2 last night and pumped about 42 hours into the game... It was a good game but just like the last one i felt like it ended to fast. Most of the game was getting companions and then it was like BAM end of the game.

I liked the new style shooting wise but i wish they didn't dumb the game down leveling wise. I played through as a Vanguard and i think certain powers were way too strong and others were too weak.

I feel the Character class was much deeper this time around. I liked this cast of characters better than the last but again some feel tacked on. Especially the 2nd set you get. You don't get much time to spend with them compared to the others. Even though Thane was my favorite i wish I could have went through the game with him more.

All in all i recommend it to anyone looking for a good game to get lost in but it almost goes by too fast despite putting in a good amount of time.
--------------------------------------------

For all those who have finished the game which ending did you get.

It went fast for me too. I'm not sure if thats just because the main story is short, or I'm just so engrossed by it that it seems like its moving too fast. I think its best to do a main mission, then do a side mission or explore, then maybe look for resources, then go back to the missions. Slow down the pace a little bit. You want to rush through to see the whole story but dont want to miss out on anything. That was my case anyways.

I played as the soldier, and I have to say they definitely improved that class a good deal. The Adrenaline Rush and Concussive shot skills are definitely useable skills, and now that you can map powers to specific buttons, using powers in combat isn't a chore like the first game.

As for my end game.

Lot of interesting choices had to be made in this game and I'm curious how they effect ME3. I feel like the 3rd one will be Shepard running around trying to find evidence and convince the different races of the coming threat to try and amass an army. Then, hopefully, the big battle.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the end to Mass Effect 2 is so much better than the first one. The final decision that you get is a tantalizing moral conundrum; in fact, I can see both sides of the argument. I was torn as what to do, fortunately I had both a Paragon and Renegade character so I will get a taste of both worlds in ME3.

Last edited by Shiver : 02-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think the end to Mass Effect 2 is so much better than the first one. The final decision that you get is a tantalizing moral conundrum; in fact, I can see both sides of the argument. I was torn as what to do, fortunately I had both a Paragon and Renegade character so I will get a taste of both worlds in ME3.

Yeah, I literally flipped a coin to decide at the end. Went the paragon route the first time and will try the renegade route the next time.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to play ME 2 but Im wondering if I should play the first one. Its xbox live for $20. Should I just get it and to a straight play through so I can better appreciate the second one. How long is the playtime on ME if I just try to go through the main story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I want to play ME 2 but Im wondering if I should play the first one. Its xbox live for $20. Should I just get it and to a straight play through so I can better appreciate the second one. How long is the playtime on ME if I just try to go through the main story?
You would probably be lost story-wise if you dont play through the first, and the game itself is definitely worth $20. I would go for the download and play it through, doing most of the side quests. I breezed through my second time through over a weekend, skipping all of the collect-this-many-whatever sidequests and some other lesser ones.

If you really wanted though, you could probably just read up on the first game on wikipedia or something and then jump into the second one, but I don't think it would be quite as rewarding as bringing in a save from the first game.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Care package glitching.

I. Hate. It.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have ME2 but now I feel like I dont really want to play it.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I have ME2 but now I feel like I dont really want to play it.
Basically this is the exact opposite of how you should feel.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeeesssss! The new MW2 patch is out!

Here's what it fixes:

1. Care package, EAD, and sentry gun marker grenade sprint speed is normalized.

What that means:

No more Marathon/Lightweight/Commando ******* running around with a care package marker 5x faster than everyone else.

2. Care package glitch

What it means:

No more infinite care packages or emergency air drops.

3. Nerf'd 1887's (again).

What it means:

After they originally Nerf'd the 1887's, they reduced the damage and range, but when you used bling and added akimbo and FMJ, it went back to the original, overpowered range and damage. That's now fixed. 1887's are officially fair now.

4. All XP hacks

What it means:

Recently there was a new glitch where people were running around allowing themselves to get killed. Thing was, you'd get -1000000 xp if you killed one of those people, instantly sending you back to level 1. That's now gone.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, the patch is out? You downloaded it? Last I heard they had to postpone it because someone had already figured out how to CP glitch after the patch on the PS3.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Wait, the patch is out? You downloaded it? Last I heard they had to postpone it because someone had already figured out how to CP glitch after the patch on the PS3.
Well **** me.

No, i haven't downloaded it, but i got the email from one of the major COD boards while i was at school, so i figured it had gotten out.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well **** me.

No, i haven't downloaded it, but i got the email from one of the major COD boards while i was at school, so i figured it had gotten out.
yeahhh this idiot right here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh8NFSi58Ks&feature=sub

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Old 02-02-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeeesssss! The new MW2 patch is out!

Here's what it fixes:

1. Care package, EAD, and sentry gun marker grenade sprint speed is normalized.

What that means:

No more Marathon/Lightweight/Commando ******* running around with a care package marker 5x faster than everyone else.

2. Care package glitch

What it means:

No more infinite care packages or emergency air drops.

3. Nerf'd 1887's (again).

What it means:

After they originally Nerf'd the 1887's, they reduced the damage and range, but when you used bling and added akimbo and FMJ, it went back to the original, overpowered range and damage. That's now fixed. 1887's are officially fair now.

4. All XP hacks

What it means:

Recently there was a new glitch where people were running around allowing themselves to get killed. Thing was, you'd get -1000000 xp if you killed one of those people, instantly sending you back to level 1. That's now gone.

Anyone else confirm if this was available to download yet? I last played around 2 pm and it wasn't up yet, I'm praying that this is patched ASAP with all these updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh, so about the care package glitch. I was doing that at like 5:45 today. With emergency airdrops.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Uh, so about the care package glitch. I was doing that at like 5:45 today. With emergency airdrops.
ahahahahah...yeah mad people were doing it in my one game.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Anyone else confirm if this was available to download yet? I last played around 2 pm and it wasn't up yet, I'm praying that this is patched ASAP with all these updates.
IW has released the patch, but Microsoft is still reviewing it. Apparently there was something in the PS3 patch that caused some problems with the ability to join games. It hasn't been released today, but it should be by tomorrow, or thursday latest is my guess.