Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just dont think it's my kind of game. I tried to get into Double Agent but, it's too tactical, just like all of the Tom Clancy games. The gameplay just bores me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just dont think it's my kind of game. I tried to get into Double Agent but, it's too tactical, just like all of the Tom Clancy games. The gameplay just bores me.
I never played through all of double agent, but I feel like this one is much more interesting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd

my xbox just got the E74 error message while i was downloading the new MW2 maps...

is there any solution to this other than sending it back to its makers to fix themselves??? xbox's are pieces of trash. unfortunately they have LIVE which is sick.

Sig By BoneKrusher
BJJ3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ3rd View Post
my xbox just got the E74 error message while i was downloading the new MW2 maps...

is there any solution to this other than sending it back to its makers to fix themselves??? xbox's are pieces of trash. unfortunately they have LIVE which is sick.
You picked the worst time to get that message, literally ever.

If you want a quick fix, check craigslist for the millions of people who fix them for 20 bucks, they usually do a good job but it ruins your warranty if it hasn't been opened yet. Otherwise there is no other solution, unless you want to buy a kit, and watch a youtube video on how to do it yourself but I can tell you from experience DO NOT waste your time on that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm getting sick of playing nothing but crash every single game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i'm getting sick of playing nothing but crash every single game.
Don't be an XP ***** ;)
Old 03-31-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol.....i hate always playing crash....but i love that double xp!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
lol.....i hate always playing crash....but i love that double xp!
I believe it's updated to have all the playlist joined together for double xp on everything, and you can pick your own gamemode. When is the last time you played? Unless the update hasn't gone through, but I read it about an hour or so ago so I'm hoping it's changed by the time I get off.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to download the original Half-Life later tonight on PC. And then when I beat that, pick up the Orange Box. sweet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone wanna run some Demolition? Scotty, where you at?!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't tonight MetSox, but we will play soon. We should try to get LonhornsLegend in there as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw a video for the new Splinter Cell game and it looks really action-y and not that sneaky. I am still gonna try it though, it looks good.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry: double post!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Can't tonight MetSox, but we will play soon. We should try to get LonhornsLegend in there as well.
</3

And yeah, i've tried to get LL in our games a ton of times but he has an epicly ghay ISP that doesn't let him join my parties, lol.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill join a game with yall sometime soon, i needa dl the new maps soon thought I havent had time to get on.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea I'm definately down for some demolition, I've played it alot more lately the past few months so I've been playing that mode alot more.

Maybe I'd be able to join Scotty's invites, my friend has an open NAT so I can join his parties or game invites, anything else it usually doesn't let me. We should all try to get in together sometime though since we can get some teamwork/objective going.

I have to admit I'm not a huge kill ***** on Demolition when it's our turn to defend, generally just because I like to win. It's different when we switch sides, but my kills usually aren't as high as when I play Domination for instance.

I refuse to be the weak link though!! :D

Quote:
Old 04-02-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go to Blockbuster tonight, probably looking for an NBA game...

which is better - NBA Live 2010 or NBA 2K10. If there are certain things that either has on the other, feel free to list them.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm going to download the original Half-Life later tonight on PC. And then when I beat that, pick up the Orange Box. sweet.
Orange Box is the best money I've ever spent.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Orange Box is the best money I've ever spent.
Playing the original half life now...it's a blast from the past, graphics wise. It came out in 98, so this is on par with like N64 graphics or early ps2 game graphics...but worse because, it's on my close to minimum specs cpu. lol. I dont really know what's going on in the game yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only played the beginning of Half Life, 2 was still amazing and portal is the most fun thing I've ever played. Never got in to TF2.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there is nothing happening tonight I will likely be playing some MW2 tonight. Send me a game invite: yimmyraw69

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I'm gonna go to Blockbuster tonight, probably looking for an NBA game...

which is better - NBA Live 2010 or NBA 2K10. If there are certain things that either has on the other, feel free to list them.
That's an easy question in this thread. NBA 2k10, I don't even have either, but I just know what everyone will answer lol. They have broken it down for me before, but I think your safe with NBA 2k10 and it's a pretty easy choice.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I only played the beginning of Half Life, 2 was still amazing and portal is the most fun thing I've ever played. Never got in to TF2.
Portal FTMFW

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's an easy question in this thread. NBA 2k10, I don't even have either, but I just know what everyone will answer lol. They have broken it down for me before, but I think your safe with NBA 2k10 and it's a pretty easy choice.
Well I may be in the minority then, although I haven't played NBA Live yet, I don't think I'm ever going to buy a 2K sports game again. I could rant for hours about how terrible I think various parts of that were.

Let's start with the "My Player". A pretty cool mode, it would be infinitely better if I could beat the **** out of the "2K Insider". But that's not really a big deal at all. So I create my player and go to my first game. So my goals are score 4 points or something, limit your opponent to 4 points, and have a team rating (or whatever it is) of C+ or above. None of those sound difficult. I score 4 points on my first two possessions, because as in any NBA video game, driving while holding down sprint and doing a simple dribble trick gets you right into the lane for an easy two. Then I get taken out and when I come back in, I'm ready to focus on stopping my opponent. Well, as a 39 ******* overall, I'm expecting to play against someone ******. What I get is Eric ******* Gordon. Wouldn't be a big deal, but seeing as how I'm a 39, it's kind of hard to keep up with someone who's athleticism is above a F+. So I get burned, and figure maybe I'll have help defense. But alas, there's not even a glimpse of it. So not only do I not get my goal of holding my opponent to four or less points, but my teammates also start to get pissed because he's scoring. At this point they rate me at a D or some ****. After the other team scores, I'm sitting there while my dumbass teammate dicks around before throwing the inbounds pass, and I get impatient and start tapping "A" a bunch to call for the ball. Apparently, calling for the ball in the backcourt with nobody around me is not a good time to do that, so I just fall down to a F. After restarting that mode enough times for me recite the ******* lines from the "2K Insider", I just decided to try franchise mode.

Well, that is at least one redeeming quality about this game. However, the menu system is one of the most annoying pieces of **** in the world, and whenever you let go of the thumbstick/d-pad it returns you to the center option. I guess it's not too bad. I love that I can download anyone's draft class, and the mode as a whole is pretty good. So I got my team the way I liked it and decide to play a game. Apparently I was unaware of a couple things that happen in the NBA. First of all, if you make two shots in a row, you won't miss one for the rest of the game. I kept myself on the PG on defense in man to man. I was playing on pro to ease myself in. Well, Zach ******* Randolph hits two shots early, and ends up going 14 of ******* 14 during the game. Seriously? He didn't miss anything, he was shooting in triple teams and ****. Also, if you've never played before, good lucking hitting a free throw. I actually went 1/17 from the free throw line, ten misses with John Wall, and no matter how long I held back the right stick before releasing, I released too early. Also, when I decided to run half-court plays, I have to get my player in a very specific spot before the prompt for what to next comes up, so I spend seven ******* seconds of the shot clock positioning myself in this spot, and by them time the play runs through I get a shot clock violation. So I just gave that up and stuck with the sprint down court with a crossover and started scoring the lights out. Then I started getting double teamed. I got around that for a bit, but I was having a little trouble coming back with Kyle ******* Lowry starting to dunk on Brook ******* Lopez and draining 8/12 from 3. I was out of options, but managed to make a decent run at a comeback. I would say the main thing in my way from winning was the apparent lack of any basic knowledge of momentum by the designers of this game. I would seriously be sprinting down court with John Wall, and the defender would square up, and suddenly I pick up my dribble and I'm frozen. So I just ******* gave up. Maybe I'll try to play again, but I'm not really sure it's worth the time.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Playing defense in my player mode is actually really easy. If you stay in front of your man, they barely even pass his way. And I never call for the ball, just run around and get open, they'll pass it to you.

NBA 2K10's menu navigation is actually really easy to use too. Maybe that's just because I play a lot. Compare that to Madden's mess/cluster **** of a menu they use oin franchise mode and it's not even close.

As for free throws, I'd just say to practice your timing I guess. My player was like a 40 something in free throw shooting and I shot over 90%. If you get the timing down, it's cake. As for the cpu difficulty...I def. suggest using sliders, 2K makes a great basketball game, but their default settings arent good. The cpu always shoots at way too high a percentage. That's always been the case.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS