Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-22-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was probably the worst ending in the history of video games.

Peter Molyneux has a whole lot of passion for the games he creates, and that is a very good thing...but he also seems to have design ADD.

Also; I hate the new self insert Devil May Cry designer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...vil-may/704980

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-22-2010 at 10:08 AM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Never played Bioshock, it's one of those games along with Mass Effect and a couple others I think I'd really enjoy but just never got around to playing. I enjoyed Fable II, wasn't quite what I had hoped but I played through the story a good 3 or 4 times.
I didnt think I'd enjoy Bioshock or Mass Effect either when I first heard about them. Turns out they're two of my all-time favorites. Def. must plays.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I have such a convoluted relationship with Bioshock. I love the story and the atmosphere, but some of the gameplay mechanics just don't do it for me. It's a really amazing experience overall and I know someone who works for 2K Boston so I sort of have a tie to it, but it frustrates the hell out of me sometimes as well.
What's wrong with the gameplay mechanics? I absolutely love how the game plays. And in the sequel the use of plasmids and gun play at the same time was fantastic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-22-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What's wrong with the gameplay mechanics? I absolutely love how the game plays. And in the sequel the use of plasmids and gun play at the same time was fantastic.
The death system, mostly. There's no real negative consequence for dying. I find it hard to keep playing sometimes because there's no real motivation to not die. It's basically the same thing as a checkpoint system, but it doesn't feel the same.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah...a lot of games are like that, though. That Prince of Persia game I just played, it is literally impossible to die.

I dont know what you want in Bioshock as a subsitute, though. And personally I only died about 3-4 times in Bioshock 2. I died a lot more in the original. A lot more.

As for some Fable. Yup, the worst ending in gaming history. I'll agree, it was fun up until that point, though. As for Fable 3...first glance, it looks exactly like Fable 2. The city/map looks unchanged. Still sporting that cartoony look...it's not even a deep RPG, you'd think they could beef up the graphics or the overall look. I'm kind of looking forward to it...recently playing Fable 2 again. But it wont be a day one purchase for me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't really know what I would want as a substitute either, but it feels like you have nothing on the line sometimes. I died a lot as well. Nothing wrong with a difficult game, but that in conjunction with the death system made for a TON of backtracking. Progression felt more like an inevitability than an accomplishment.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I like the change of pace...some games just do it wrong. Alan Wake had the most random checkpoints when you died. And some of that just gets very frustrating and tedious. In Bioshock 2, you're supposed to be a bad ass, you're not really supposed to die. So I can see why they do it like this here. You could turn the chambers off in the first game, if you want to. For some added difficulty.

Hard to please everyone...regenerating health is all the rage now. Doesnt make a lot of sense in a lot of games...Alan Wake/Uncharted being a couple of them. But yeah...I dont know. I just think it's nice that there isnt a universal standard anymore these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So I got into the new Xbox Live overhaul beta program. They're updating the entire thing for when the Kinect thing comes out. That's not really a factor for me, but ESPN 3 streaming on the television and searchable Netflix are pretty f'ing sweet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-24-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The Enslaved demo is up on Xbox live. Ninja Theory might be responsible for anally violating Devil May Cry, but this game is pretty good. The setting is really damn cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.electronista.com/articles...icial.rollout/

link on story to sign up for the live beta that has espn, etc for this fall. as soon as i saw the beta was open to people i did a search. i'm dying to see how espn is incorporated.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does ESPN3 work on 360 even if you have TimeWarner? I can't get ESPN3 on my PC because I have TWC.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gruntpocalypse is so fun. Shooting grunts in the face never gets old.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The Gruntpocalypse is so fun. Shooting grunts in the face never gets old.
I love the confetti effect when they die, too.

That's also the best playlist to build up credits, fwiw.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 09-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have a 48 hour live trial card they could share with me? You'd save me the effort of driving to Target just for that and i'd greatly appreciate it.

Will rep forever.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got one you could have. I'll PM it to you.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I love the confetti effect when they die, too.

That's also the best playlist to build up credits, fwiw.
I thought there was a way of farming credits on Sword Base or something. Not my thing but w/e.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
PrimetimeTheDon
Rookie

PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.PrimetimeTheDon is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I have over 300 hours logged on the PC version. I love L4D2. Thanks to Steam, I have a buuunch of friends from it. It's not as fun by yourself with randoms unless they have a mic. Microphones are essential for that game.

I agree Mics are essential and friends make the game that much better. I play on 360 so unfortunately we can't play together. 360 doesn't have a counter but got damn I bet I have an embarrassingly high total of hours logged myself.

In my opinion, it's today's version of Contra. It's also probably the best true Co-Op game I've ever played.

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.
PrimetimeTheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what kind of back log do you guys have? I'm trying to hold off buying new games until I get through a chunk of mine.

I have ~16 games on my list with 6 of them being must-beats prior to further purchases. I do not count Goozex trades as purchases (but they do make my backlog worse!).

I'm finishing up RDR, then will knock out Starcraft 2. I think Bioshock will be after that followed by Dragon Age (the whole of Dragon Age...). I will try to keep a console and a PC game going at the same time for when I need a break from one or the other... I'm pumped to knock some **** out so I can have a clear conscience when another game comes out (none on the horizon, luckily - though I'm tempted by Civ 5)
Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Only thing I have to do is beat the Reach Campaign. That's going to take me awhile. Don't particularly enjoy it(multiplayer is fantastic though). I also have to finish Braid up. Beat Limbo today and I can honestly say I haven't played anything that's on that games level. Just completely different than everything else out there. So no real backlog for me here. This is attributed more to an unfortunate case of unemployment and a girl that doesn't mind gaming though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-27-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Friend and I blew through Heroic campaign coop and are going to do Legendary sometime soon. It's a lot more enjoyable to do the campaign coop.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ben Kingsley and Simon Pegg are doing some voice acting for Fable 3, I didnt know that. Pretty sweet.

I wont be buying it at launch, and I told myself I wouldnt spend $60 on it. But it will probably happen, as soon as I finish New Vegas. Fable's not the greatest series, but it can be a very enjoyable game, and they're more than solid. Hopefully there is a worthwhile ending in this one, at least. The game doesnt even look all that much different or improved upon, so that has me a little wary as well, but I know I'll get it eventually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The Enslaved demo is up on Xbox live. Ninja Theory might be responsible for anally violating Devil May Cry, but this game is pretty good. The setting is really damn cool.
Someone just told me that I NEEDED to download this demo asap and play it, gonna do it as soon as I get home. I know nothing about it, but I keep hearing good things about it so def gonna check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the reach campaign was the best of all the halos. not a bad level. each level lasts about 45-55 minutes on heroic.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been terrible at Halo lately. Ugh.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote